Anime Central Forums: So...um, what's the word about the Guest list? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

So...um, what's the word about the Guest list?

#31 User is offline   mindue 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60684

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostBard-kun, on 21 March 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

I hate to add to the pile-on here, but seriously, dudes on staff: what is the deal? PAX had their guest list at least partially completed months ago, I've seen smaller Midwestern cons with complete lists six months out, and so on and so on...meanwhile sixty days away we've got like three announcements, and a vague "we've got many guests confirmed who are not finalized"?

We're well on our way to being the third largest con in the country and we're certainly the largest con in the Midwest. Does that make it harder to get quick turnaround from guests or something?

Anime Expo is the largest anime/manga con in the north america, and they have 6 guests and 2 musical guests announced and they're in July of this year. So even our size isn't a excuse.

#32 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

D: Johnny Yong Bosch~~ *ahem* Anyway; I'm going to throw my two cents in here as well. I'm quite worried about what's going on this year. Normally we've had more guest announcements by this time in the year, but we've got...the band. The reason I'm worried though isn't the lack of announcements; it's how our lack of announcements looks to other attendees, and even the guests that we do have - more specifically, Kalafina. Not like they have a say in who comes or doesn't come to ACen, it looks bad overall when we're less than 70 days to ACen (as far as what the last newsletter announced), and we don't really have a guest list. Additionally, the tickets that were to go on sale around Valentines Day (over a month ago) have been pushed back; and we have yet to see any update from anyone about that. To add arsenic to the proverbial cake, we haven't heard from any of the ACen staff (even just a word that they are listening), in a couple of weeks at least. (It could be less, but it feels like it's been longer. Correct me please if I am wrong.) It's not just the guests either, but the lack of hearing from other departments as well. (Specifically referring to the lack of response from those running the photoshoot areas.) On the plus side, it seems Artists Alley is coming along okay - on brief glance they have table numbers posted and seem to be good to go. I guess I'm just antsy to see what guests have been obtained, and am nervous about the lack of comments from staff.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#33 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Whoops. Didn't expect to open Pandora's box but I can honestly say that I have been concerned.

#34 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View Postrondo, on 21 March 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Whoops. Didn't expect to open Pandora's box but I can honestly say that I have been concerned.

Don't worry about it too much. You were just the first one to get up and mention it. Usually when this sort of thing happens it's because we all want to respect staff and not get too up in arms about something, but at the same time, we have worries that we, as attendees and fellow lovers of ACen, want alleviated. We appreciate all that staff does, however, as we inch closer to T-time we get nervous about the lack of updates from staff. Granted, this year seems a bit later than most years. Four hotels are sold out completely, and the Hyatt is going to take the first nights' payment in two weeks or so and the only real announcement that we have is the band. It's nerve-wracking, and understandably so.
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."

#35 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 21 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

D: Johnny Yong Bosch~~ *ahem* Anyway; I'm going to throw my two cents in here as well. I'm quite worried about what's going on this year. Normally we've had more guest announcements by this time in the year, but we've got...the band. The reason I'm worried though isn't the lack of announcements; it's how our lack of announcements looks to other attendees, and even the guests that we do have - more specifically, Kalafina. Not like they have a say in who comes or doesn't come to ACen, it looks bad overall when we're less than 70 days to ACen (as far as what the last newsletter announced), and we don't really have a guest list. Additionally, the tickets that were to go on sale around Valentines Day (over a month ago) have been pushed back; and we have yet to see any update from anyone about that. To add arsenic to the proverbial cake, we haven't heard from any of the ACen staff (even just a word that they are listening), in a couple of weeks at least. (It could be less, but it feels like it's been longer. Correct me please if I am wrong.) It's not just the guests either, but the lack of hearing from other departments as well. (Specifically referring to the lack of response from those running the photoshoot areas.) On the plus side, it seems Artists Alley is coming along okay - on brief glance they have table numbers posted and seem to be good to go. I guess I'm just antsy to see what guests have been obtained, and am nervous about the lack of comments from staff.

You hit the nail on the coffin there. The guest list that comes out is usually good. It's the fact that NOTHING has been said by any of the higher ups about the delays. The other thing that bothers me a lot is the fact that someone will give a timetable for something to be done and then they COMPLETELY miss that window. Not by a day or a few days or even a week. They miss it sometimes by months! Do you know what happens at most jobs when you fail repeatably to deliver when you say you'll have something done? You get fired. This seriously can not be good for the future of ACen when this kind of thing happens year after year after year. It worries me that my favorite con can't seem to do what many smaller cons and even bigger cons can do and announce guests in a timely manner. We're not asking for the guests to be announced months before the con but we're almost a month away and we only have the band?!? Doesn't that bother you guys? Like Sayuri-chan just said. The Hyatt is about to take out that first nights deposit and a lot of people are on edge. We know they're listening. We know they're reading these. And yet they can't say anything? That bothers me. I'm also really bothered by panel programming as they have the same problem. They said that a prelim schedule for the panels would be out 3 days ago. Nothing! Not even a follow up post saying it's been delayed and when we can expect it. If you can't deliver what you said you would when you said you would then DON'T GIVE A TIME. Just say "We're working on it as hard as we can and we'll have it out shortly" and then once you are 100% positive it'll be done. Then you can say it. I want the schedule so I can plan with my friend who's also doing panels so we can make sure our panels aren't at the same time and that we can go to the gatherings we're apart of. Come on guys. We know you're better than this. This can't be acceptable to you. So please for all that's good. Just what is going on behind that scenes that is causing all these delays? Where are any of the schedules (Panel and Gatherings?) Where are the Kalafina concert tickets? These are just my humble thoughts. I will always love ACen but this is getting old....fast

This post has been edited by magishine: 21 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#36 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Agreed- I cant believe that all the panels haven't been accepted/denied yet and the first draft of the schedule isn't out. It's to the point where some people are going to be pulling out because they have to know one way or the other. Panelist aren't getting a free ride, a lot of people only go to to conventions because they are panelists. You need to give them ample time to cancel rooms/flights - that way they arent just out the money if they dont get accepted. Giving an answer that a panel "may or may not be coming back" at this period of time is very frighting.

Don't get me wrong - I have been staff at this and other conventions/events. I know how much work is going into all of this and I'm sure there is a good explanation on what is happening- but then again, this is a continual problem. If the convention is going to say that they aren't going to post guests till a month or so before the convention then they should put that on their page to begin with. Something like "We usually start announcing guests in mid April- come back then to see what we have planned!" That way people dont have a reason to complain- because you told them upfront. Maybe come up with a time table on the page to show tenantive dates on panel programming applications, registration tiers, hotel blocks, guests, etc - that way there is one place everyone can refer to. These dates dont need to be set in stone- but just a general idea.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#37 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 21 March 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Agreed- I cant believe that all the panels haven't been accepted/denied yet and the first draft of the schedule isn't out. It's to the point where some people are going to be pulling out because they have to know one way or the other. Panelist aren't getting a free ride, a lot of people only go to to conventions because they are panelists. You need to give them ample time to cancel rooms/flights - that way they arent just out the money if they dont get accepted. Giving an answer that a panel "may or may not be coming back" at this period of time is very frighting.

Don't get me wrong - I have been staff at this and other conventions/events. I know how much work is going into all of this and I'm sure there is a good explanation on what is happening- but then again, this is a continual problem. If the convention is going to say that they aren't going to post guests till a month or so before the convention then they should put that on their page to begin with. Something like "We usually start announcing guests in mid April- come back then to see what we have planned!" That way people dont have a reason to complain- because you told them upfront. Maybe come up with a time table on the page to show tenantive dates on panel programming applications, registration tiers, hotel blocks, guests, etc - that way there is one place everyone can refer to. These dates dont need to be set in stone- but just a general idea.

This would be well and fine, except we've been given a number of deadlines, and all of them have been beyond broken, and yet no word from those in charge as to when we can expect any information. Even a simple, "We are running behind, but we are working on it." would be better than the wave of silence that has happened as of late.

#38 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 21 March 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

This would be well and fine, except we've been given a number of deadlines, and all of them have been beyond broken, and yet no word from those in charge as to when we can expect any information. Even a simple, "We are running behind, but we are working on it." would be better than the wave of silence that has happened as of late.

^ Very much this! It's about communication here folks....and we're getting none
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#39 User is offline   mindue 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Last year we were told things would improve, that guest services were working on contracts much earlier than before. The year before that we got a similar excuse! I'm sorry but when will there be a change or any improvement.

#40 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postmindue, on 21 March 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Last year we were told things would improve, that guest services were working on contracts much earlier than before. The year before that we got a similar excuse! I'm sorry but when will there be a change or any improvement.

When I get the right people to help me. I did end up hiring someone who speaks Japanese after talking about it on the forums last year, and he seems to be working out quite well. Overall, though, it's difficult to find people willing to put in so much time and effort on a completely volunteer basis. At the end of the day, I'm finding that I'm having to do most things myself after not being able to get particular staffers to move in an expedient and/or competent manner.

I have to say, though, this year has me really stressed out. I'm not usually one to complain, but I'm having trouble keeping my head above water. My day job is kicking my ass, and I'm having trouble getting the help I need with ACen. I'm seriously trying the best I can.

That being said, I am taking over certain responsibilities to ensure they get done in an already-too-late-for-timely manner, but at least will get done. That is the best I can offer right now.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#41 User is offline   Niroz51 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61786

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I do often wonder about the inner workings of ACen to be quite honest. My opinion reflecting most of what's been said here. I don't know if it's right to ask or if I could even get an answer...but what's the head count of the masterminds for this grand shindig? I know nothing about running this sort of thing, so I am really no person to criticize the work of those involved. I simply compare and contrast the experiences with other cons and I have to say there does seem to an issue of some sort.

Though I remember last year, as we were leaving the con Sunday, there was a very exhausted lady who needed to walk holding onto the railing. As she explained to us the cord situation that caused much chaos Friday for LM.C and other event delays, she told us she had volunteered from start to finish all 3 days with a grand total of 8 hours of rest for the weekend. So I don't doubt that there must be at least some people who are doing their darnedest to organize ACen in spite of their personal lives.

As well, I'd never have the nerve or time to head such a thing. So I try to be as understanding as possible. Though I can understand the attendees frustration since I feel it too sometimes, even if just a little.

#42 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 21 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

When I get the right people to help me. I did end up hiring someone who speaks Japanese after talking about it on the forums last year, and he seems to be working out quite well. Overall, though, it's difficult to find people willing to put in so much time and effort on a completely volunteer basis. At the end of the day, I'm finding that I'm having to do most things myself after not being able to get particular staffers to move in an expedient and/or competent manner.

I have to say, though, this year has me really stressed out. I'm not usually one to complain, but I'm having trouble keeping my head above water. My day job is kicking my butt, and I'm having trouble getting the help I need with ACen. I'm seriously trying the best I can.

That being said, I am taking over certain responsibilities to ensure they get done in an already-too-late-for-timely manner, but at least will get done. That is the best I can offer right now.

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry your not getting the help you need this year. :( We know you are trying and we thank you for it. Don't take our criticism as a direct attack on you. At least my comments were more directed towards the group as a whole. By far you are the most open with information of any of the staffers, and for that I am very grateful. We are all human and most of us have lives outside of the convention- things happen and we just thank you for doing everything you do. Without dedicated staffers there wouldn't be an ACen. Being able to admit that you have too much on your plate is a positive thing. Most people wouldn't do that. *BIG HUG*
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#43 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I have to say, though, this year has me really stressed out. I'm not usually one to complain, but I'm having trouble keeping my head above water. My day job is kicking my butt, and I'm having trouble getting the help I need with ACen. I'm seriously trying the best I can.

I appreciate all you do El Ken; you have been the one constant presence on the forums giving us reassurances as to what's going on and when we can expect results of any manner about any of the issues that have been brought to your and the rest of staff's, attention. You are not the staff member in question when I mentioned a lack of hearing from a staff presence on this forum. You are one person - I don't expect you to run the con single-handedly. That's something that's impossible to ask of anyone. The problem is that it sometimes feels like you are the only one running the convention. It feels like the same two or three people are handling all of the hefty logistics of a city holding 25,000 people. This is unacceptable. This is a group effort. I know my experience in actually attending Anime Central as a staffer is limited, but I'm not completely in the dark as to how the convention operates. It takes a lot of people to make this convention work.

However, given it's size, and the constant organizational problems that seem to consistently plague this convention, I sincerely think that it might be time to hand it over to professionals. Leaving the convention and all of its logical operations in the hands of only a few because of lack of attention from volunteers is just asking for more problems. MAPS cannot honestly expect the same people to drive themselves crazy year after year to put on this three day production for no money and with no help. That's too much to ask of anyone.

Diverting back to the topic of this thread, thank you for the response about guests, El Ken. I sincerely wish the best for you in this endeavor. I want you to know that my upset and irritation is not directed at you in any way. Hang in there; and if we meet up at Anime Central, I will give you a hug. Hang in there.

#44 User is offline   mindue 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

What are you looking for in volunteers?

#45 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postmindue, on 21 March 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

What are you looking for in volunteers?

No matter what, anyone who will be performing the duties of contacting and maintaining relationships with potential guests and all of industry in an official capacity as a representative of Anime Central must first and foremost be trusted by me personally. That is probably the biggest hurdle - one that will also take time.

Other than that, the person should be well spoken, well written, amiable, willing to invest enormous amounts of time and very likely money into this unpaid position. A sincere interest in Japanese language, culture, anime, manga, and/or gaming are definitely a plus. Organizational skills are a must.

So, it can be difficult to find the right people for the job, but it can be done. I really only need one or two deeply dependable people for this, which would allow me to really focus on driving change in the organization.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#46 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

...change in the organization.

Now this..this is what I would absolutely love to help with. Unfortunately with your specific requires, I can do little to help you. Outside of that, I would think everything else is reachable/doable/somethingable.

Not to diverge from the topic at hand here, but the way I have seen it this year, ACen as a whole is scrambling to put 16 together..but there isn't too many calls for help from anyone. Why shoulder all that and not ask for help?

This post has been edited by rondo: 22 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

#47 User is offline   Lukage 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 27500

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

View Postrondo, on 21 March 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Looking at a list of cons after ACen (Anime Boston May 24-26, Anime Weekend Atlanta Sep 27-29, Otakon Aug 9-11, Animazement May 23-26) which run the gamut from being larger or much smaller, all have guest lists at least three times larger.

Three times one is still only three.

But really, I get it and I dislike it too knowing that you can buy a badge to a convention. There will be nerdy guests there, but unless you want to join Linecon 2013 (assuming all travel and accommodation planning is done), you can play the badge roulette game and get one and hope its for programming you like!

This post has been edited by Lukage: 24 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

ACen 2013: Tenchi Muyo with Light Hawk Wings
ACen 2014: Simpsons Stonecutter and Shiroe (Log Horizon)

Take about five dozen eggs...start puttin' 'em in a bowl...

#48 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

So, I need to offer up an apology to everyone.

First, it was wrong of me to publicly call out anyone, even if not by name. Second, it was wrong for me to attempt to pin blame on anyone but myself for the slowness in guest announcements the past 2 years. After having some time to cool down and reflect on things this weekend (along with discussions with ACen management and my own staff), making my previous post was simply bad management and in extremely poor taste. I am sorry for my outburst. Even my most trusted staff were hurt by my post, and that was one of the last things I wanted to happen.

Next, I believe I've been internalizing too much, and not reaching out for help when I know I need it. My vision and management style are different than what ACen GR was in the past, and I have not accounted well for that, for those staff who were in GR before I was. In short, there were things I could have done differently up to this point to better utilize the help available to me. 20/20 hindsight and all, but sometimes we have to make mistakes to learn, right?

I won't be speaking on this topic again, but I needed to offer up my apology. Meanwhile, sit tight as we roll out the guest announcements that should be complete by April 15th. I may have some late additions or stragglers after that, but everything I'm working on now should be announced by that date.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#49 User is offline   wolfgirl2009 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62725

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

i agree with you guys i am starting to get impatient...only i am one of those people who do come for guest since i can only afford to be travelling to one a year..if that...and i picked ACen, because it is a larger con and more likley to get at least one person i like such travis willingham or vic or todd...so on and so fourth...but i will try to be understanding...i can only imagine how much work goes into this job and tryin to make everyone happy...so id like to thank those people who have been trying to get our guest list in order..but i beg of you...dont make me wait too much longer...the suspence is killing me...in fact it will soon be over kill :blush:
Pip Pip Da Doodley Doo
Dear ACen 2015....HURRY UP!!!!

#50 User is offline   Bard-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 212

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Ken, I'm very happy to see an announcement date, but one thing:

I won't be speaking on this topic again, but I needed to offer up my apology.

Even if you had an outburst, at least you talked to us. Sometimes this year feels like it's been defined by complete radio silence from the staff, and it was refreshing to get an honest answer from somebody. There are posters going crazy in the Panelists forum right now, and they'd love to have the level of engagement we're getting in this thread.

This post has been edited by Bard-kun: 26 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Join the parade.

HENT4RMAGEDDON: You Can (Not) Unsee. Tentatively scheduled for 12:30-2:30 AM in the Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Panel Room Six. Join us for an evening of fun, games, and memories so twisted you'll wish you could live in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

#51 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostBard-kun, on 26 March 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

There are posters going crazy in the Panelists forum right now, and they'd love to have the level of engagement we're getting in this thread.

^THIS!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#52 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostBard-kun, on 26 March 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Ken, I'm very happy to see an announcement date, but one thing:

[/size][/color]

Even if you had an outburst, at least you talked to us. Sometimes this year feels like it's been defined by complete radio silence from the staff, and it was refreshing to get an honest answer from somebody. There are posters going crazy in the Panelists forum right now, and they'd love to have the level of engagement we're getting in this thread.

^This.

#53 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 24 March 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

I won't be speaking on this topic again...

Just to clarify, I meant I would not be speaking about my negativity with regard to staff again. I, of course, will continue to address the other, numerous issues.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#54 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 27 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Just to clarify, I meant I would not be speaking about my negativity with regard to staff again. I, of course, will continue to address the other, numerous issues.

I just wanted to add another voice saying "Thank you!" for all the hard work you put in, and for the fact that you frequently communicate with us here on the forums. It means a lot.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#55 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

So, today's the 15th. I still have a few guests I'm working on, so expect some more announcements in the coming week. We couldn't quite get everyone squared away by today, but we tried. Sorry for not meeting my deadline.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#56 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 15 April 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

So, today's the 15th. I still have a few guests I'm working on, so expect some more announcements in the coming week. We couldn't quite get everyone squared away by today, but we tried. Sorry for not meeting my deadline.

Thanks for being upfront about it. love the guest list so far. can't wait to see who else you've got lined up. About how many more csn we except if I can ask?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#57 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

View Postmagishine, on 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Thanks for being upfront about it. love the guest list so far. can't wait to see who else you've got lined up. About how many more csn we except if I can ask?

I've got 3 confirmations waiting on contracts, and 3-4 more we're looking at to make up for people we invited who could not attend.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#58 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 15 April 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I've got 3 confirmations waiting on contracts, and 3-4 more we're looking at to make up for people we invited who could not attend.

Hopefully everything pans out now with the remaining VA's. Can we expect to see something soon?
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#59 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

A small suggestion for next year. Take a look at the guest list suggestions and pull from that more? It might also help, maybe, talking with other GR heads at different conventions and seeing how they set things up? Like you said Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm glad to see that you're willing to express what's going on there and the trials of setting this up. Shame there's not like an internship thing set up with colleges for students that are studying Japanese to help more with the international guests.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#60 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 22 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Shame there's not like an internship thing set up with colleges for students that are studying Japanese to help more with the international guests.

they should consider doing that. I think that would be really cool for the convention itself and for the student(s) as they can network and get a lot of great skills and learn a lot from that for sure. Great idea! :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users