Anime Central Forums: New tomb radier - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New tomb radier Anyone else not really looking forward to it?

#1 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ok, so after really looking at the new Tomb Raider game and investigating it, I find that I am not looking forward to this game one bit. Despite all the positive remakes coming out of "game review" sites and magazines everyone can tell that this is just a Uncharted game with Lara Croft. "But what's wrong with that?" you might ask. Well, because to me it just screams lazy cash grab. "oh look! Uncharted is selling awesome. And Tomb Raider isn't really popular now? What do we do? I know! They both search for ancient treasure. Why not make the new Tomb Raider game play like Uncharted?!" My biggest problem with this is that Tomb Raider was much more of a puzzle/platformer game back in the day then a action/shooter style. There were many more traps, locked doors, and puzzle pieces to deal with then any amount of clips spend on random animales you found. Plus you add in the unneeeded "origin" prequel story that more and more games and movies are overusing and it all just looks unorginal to me.

Of course it's ironic that I'm saying this because Uncharted is a game I can beat whereas I've never been able to pass a Tomb Raider game and always needed my brothers help with them because he is more of the puzzle minded person.

Anyone else see this? Or is it just me?
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#2 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

From what I've seen so far, I definitely want to try the new Tomb Raider. I kind of hated the old Tomb Raiders but loved all of the Uncharted games so I figure why not try the same basic thing in another game universe?
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#3 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

If you loved Uncharted then you will love this game it really is just Uncharted with Lara Croft, if you loved Tomb Raider then not so much so. The Puzzle and platforming elements are basically just side quests and they are insanely easy they were designed for a 5 year old with ADD to beat.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#4 User is online   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm looking foward to playing this game (though I dont know - that could be months and months from now, I never have time anymore) - however your comments are making me nervous - I loved the Tomb Raider games.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I literally just beat the game minutes ago and I loved it. This Tomb Raider will definitely be replayed many times.

View Postjsieczkar, on 09 March 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

The Puzzle and platforming elements are basically just side quests and they are insanely easy they were designed for a 5 year old with ADD to beat.

Haha, pretty accurate statement. I thought getting all the collectables around the island would have been a huge chore (like GTA 4) but gladly it wasn't. It was actually fun to revisit areas previously played.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#6 User is offline   Sarahlicious 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61869

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I thought the game was great. It had incredible character development and a good mix between action sequences and real time game play. As for the comparison to Uncharted - I think it should be flip-flopped. Uncharted takes after Tomb Raider, not the other way around. I did think the game lacked in the puzzle department if we are pitting it up against the older Tomb Raider games but just like when Capcom released Resident Evil 4, vastly changing the game play from it's predecessors(still resulting in a major blockbuster,) the developers have to keep up with the times. They have to adapt with the changing markets and preferences of the fan base. People are in to the big cinematics and movie-esque style gaming, and in this case it works. Bravo Crystal Dynamics. :)
2012 C2E2/ACen/Wizard World Claire Redfield: RE Darkside Chronicles
2013 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lara Croft [Tomb Raider 2013]
2014 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lance Corporal Levi: Attack On Titan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users