Anime Central Forums: The Pillows, The Pillowcases, SWEK? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Pillows, The Pillowcases, SWEK? if we're still looking for musical guests...

#1 User is offline   Bard-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 212

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I know we already landed Kalafina, but if we're still looking for musical acts...

I'm not sure what The Pillows' touring schedule is or if they'd even be in the budget after Kalafina (who I am super psyched about, don't get me wrong!), but one of my happiest ACen memories is seeing them play back in 2005. If they're too busy or too expensive, a solid alternative might be their cover band The Pillowcases (they're due to perform again at Anime Midwest this year).

Of course, we could always bring back SWEK, who may not have had the polish of our headliners but made up for it with stage presence and sheer enthusiasm. (Although after the crowd-surfing that went down during their final performance I'm not sure the con would let them return?)
Join the parade.

HENT4RMAGEDDON: You Can (Not) Unsee. Tentatively scheduled for 12:30-2:30 AM in the Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Panel Room Six. Join us for an evening of fun, games, and memories so twisted you'll wish you could live in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

#2 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Indeed, The Pillows were awesome and it was my first year as a staff member in 2005. I remember when I was getting their autograph, I wanted my 3 FLCL DVDs to be signed by each of the members. A signature on each DVD basically. There was this rule that only "one" thing can be signed. I tried to explain to the blonde female interpreter that I still wanted one signature, just on 3 separate items for each member. She didn't want to understand and was calling for security as I tried to explain further. Thankfully, the other interpreter GOT IT, took the covers and laid them out for me. Wanted the lead singer to sign the 3rd volume, but oh well. What bugged me the most after the little commotion was that she shoved me toward the signing table. I was like "What the hell?".. I didn't want to turn back to her and make things worse, but I just felt humiliated in front of the band that day. Ugh..

This post has been edited by Animexcel: 11 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

ACen Mascot Artist

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users