Anime Central Forums: Heya guys! Looking for a group to hang out with :D - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Heya guys! Looking for a group to hang out with :D

#1 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hello!
Like the title suggests, I am looking for a bunch of people to hang out with and get to know before, during, or after the convention.

This is my first time at ACen, but I've gone to Anime Iowa 4 years in a row(during college).
Now, I've moved out to my job in Schaumburg, IL, so I'm a lot closer to where ACen is, and so I want to go!

Not to be lame, but due to some relationship/feelings of people, I have basically been cut off from my group of friends, and so I basically have no social group to talk to, or even hang out with. And so, I want friends, *sniff* (I haven't even really explored the town that I'm living in! Being younger by about 4 years or more than everybody at my work is super awkward...)

On that note, I'm more introverted than extroverted, so I'm much more comfortable with a small group of friends. I grew up reading and playing video games, so huge parties and scenes like going to bars or a club is REALLY out of my comfort zone.

I play video games a LOT, read manga, and watch anime. I'd say 90% of my time is on the computer, both at work, and at home. I play everything as far as genre's go, but I like RPG's for the story telling that people can do, and that I can act out.

Kay, so enough about my background. If you want to get to know me, let me know :D

I don't cosplay that much, but I have done some.

I've done:
Kaname from Vampire Knight,
Yosuke from Persona 4,
and Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist.

I have a HUGE fetish for Lightning from FFXIII, so I have her outfit and everything and haven't cosplayed her in 4 years, but I don't really feel confident in cosplaying her, one, because I want to get her down right(and that means perfect...), and two, I'm a guy.
Luckily, I'm asian, so I'm slim, and COULD pass as a girl...if somebody could do my makeup for me. I have never been more frustrated with fake eyelashes in my life, lol. I could practice by myself, but, I haven't really had a chance too in college or at home. Learning how to put on makeup is brutal and boring ><

Funny note, my parents asked me one time because they saw my lighting wig(which is long, pink and of course, girly looking) if I was gay. I was stunned, because my mom asked me that quite nonchalantly, and I was like, what? I said no, but thank god they didn't find the bra + fake boobs to help with the whole female figure thing...God that would have been awkward. So no, they don't really know that I cosplay, because they're sheltered asian parents who really don't care about why you look like whoever, and just want you to get a good job, education, etc, which, to be fair, is really important. It just means they don't know my hobbies, lol.

Anyways, I hope I can meet some of you guys at the con, and hang out and get to know you!

TL;DR I want friends, I cosplay but not very much, I hope to meet you at the con!

PS: Look up MCNUGGETOCALYPSE on facebook. Hosted by one of my cosplayer friends, and hilarious. And by extension, if you wanted to stalk me, you could potentially figure out who I am with that...although if you want that information, you can just ask me :P

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostValkyrae, on 10 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Hello!
Like the title suggests, I am looking for a bunch of people to hang out with and get to know before, during, or after the convention.

This is my first time at ACen, but I've gone to Anime Iowa 4 years in a row(during college).
Now, I've moved out to my job in Schaumburg, IL, so I'm a lot closer to where ACen is, and so I want to go!

Not to be lame, but due to some relationship/feelings of people, I have basically been cut off from my group of friends, and so I basically have no social group to talk to, or even hang out with. And so, I want friends, *sniff* (I haven't even really explored the town that I'm living in! Being younger by about 4 years or more than everybody at my work is super awkward...)

On that note, I'm more introverted than extroverted, so I'm much more comfortable with a small group of friends. I grew up reading and playing video games, so huge parties and scenes like going to bars or a club is REALLY out of my comfort zone.

I play video games a LOT, read manga, and watch anime. I'd say 90% of my time is on the computer, both at work, and at home. I play everything as far as genre's go, but I like RPG's for the story telling that people can do, and that I can act out.

Kay, so enough about my background. If you want to get to know me, let me know :D/>

I've done:
Yosuke from Persona 4,

I have a HUGE fetish for Lightning from FFXIII, so I have her outfit and everything and haven't cosplayed her in 4 years, but I don't really feel confident in cosplaying her, one, because I want to get her down right(and that means perfect...), and two, I'm a guy.
Luckily, I'm asian, so I'm slim, and COULD pass as a girl...if somebody could do my makeup for me. I have never been more frustrated with fake eyelashes in my life, lol. I could practice by myself, but, I haven't really had a chance too in college or at home. Learning how to put on makeup is brutal and boring ><

Funny note, my parents asked me one time because they saw my lighting wig(which is long, pink and of course, girly looking) if I was gay. I was stunned, because my mom asked me that quite nonchalantly, and I was like, what? I said no, but thank god they didn't find the bra + fake boobs to help with the whole female figure thing...God that would have been awkward. So no, they don't really know that I cosplay, because they're sheltered asian parents who really don't care about why you look like whoever, and just want you to get a good job, education, etc, which, to be fair, is really important. It just means they don't know my hobbies, lol.

Anyways, I hope I can meet some of you guys at the con, and hang out and get to know you!

TL;DR I want friends, I cosplay but not very much, I hope to meet you at the con!

PS: Look up MCNUGGETOCALYPSE on facebook. Hosted by one of my cosplayer friends, and hilarious. And by extension, if you wanted to stalk me, you could potentially figure out who I am with that...although if you want that information, you can just ask me :P/>

Welcome. And if there is one this year, forum meet-n-greet.

#3 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

you're welcome to try and hunt me down at the con if you want lol, i still have no idea who i'll be hanging out with since none of my friends are going this year...it'll just be meeting people i chatted with on the forums lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postrondo, on 11 February 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

Welcome. And if there is one this year, forum meet-n-greet.

Oh there will be one. If I have to do it this year I will. :)
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Oh... and Hi! Welcome Welcome! :D (I thought I already said that... oh well!)
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#6 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

OH MY GOSH I understand about the age thing at work. I live in a college town and a lot of the friends I made while going to school here were from Chicago and that's where a lot of them returned after we graduated. :\ Even though I'm not unfamiliar with the area I'm in, it's still something else finding people who are interested in the same thing as me and my same age range! My coworkers have kids my age. x_x

Welcome to ACen and I know you'll have a great time. I'd say welcome to Schaumburg as well, but I dun live there. :P So, I'll just conclude with welcome to the forums. xD Best of luck with your cosplay!
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#7 User is offline   limegummi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 30856

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hi and welcome! I sort of get the asian parent thing, since I'm an asian girl who crossplays from time to time. Luckily, I think my parents don't really get it - until I tell them, "yeah, he's a guy" and they look at me funny. But girls can get away with more, I always say.

And woah hey, speaking of crossplay, I'm making Ed Elric this year, so let's meet up for an FMA picture at the very least! It looks like I may be the one most local to you out of the people who replied (I'm 30 min south of Schaumburg) so if you have questions about the area, let me know. As for the makeup, many skills are brutal and boring in the beginning, so just stick with it! Applying eyelashes take patience, but they're not impossible.

#8 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the reply guys! I've been kinda busy lately, so I haven't gotten a chance to reply super quick, but here I am.

Lime, I'd meet up with you for the FMA picture, but I don't have my roy costume anymore :( I borrowed it from one of my friends that he's like, "yeah, I'm not going to wear it, I don't fit it anymore" and was going to leave it in his closet, and of course, as soon as I wore it, he wanted it back >< Otherwise, we can just meet up regardless at the con!

Btw Rondo, are you saying there's going to be a forum meet and greet? Am I understanding that correctly?

#9 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 17 February 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Btw Rondo, are you saying there's going to be a forum meet and greet? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes there is. Here is the thread.

There is also a Late Night 21+ Meet & Greet immediately after the Forum Meet & Greet. Here is the thread for that.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#10 User is offline   POOTERS 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63296

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

I'm down to hang out. First time going to ACen. Name's Scott

#11 User is offline   Cassandra 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63503

Post icon  Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 10 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Hello!

Kay, so enough about my background. If you want to get to know me, let me know :D/>

I've done:
Yosuke from Persona 4,

PS: Look up MCNUGGETOCALYPSE on facebook. Hosted by one of my cosplayer friends, and hilarious. And by extension, if you wanted to stalk me, you could potentially figure out who I am with that...although if you want that information, you can just ask me :P/>

lol sounds like a funny and memorable experience, just thinking about what would've happened if she did see the bra and boobs, cracks me up (wicked sense of humor and imagination :D ). I hope you go for it, yea fake eyelashes are a pain but they do look nice when they stick n stay where they are supposed to. Personally I've never cosplayed but I like the idea of it and am always amazed at how creative people get. I don't know who I would like to dress up as if i ever decide to do for my first ACen experience.

#12 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostPOOTERS, on 15 April 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

I'm down to hang out. First time going to ACen. Name's Scott

Nice to meet you Scott! Mayhap we'll hang out a bunch at the convention! :D

View PostCassandra, on 15 April 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

lol sounds like a funny and memorable experience, just thinking about what would've happened if she did see the bra and boobs, cracks me up (wicked sense of humor and imagination :D/> ). I hope you go for it, yea fake eyelashes are a pain but they do look nice when they stick n stay where they are supposed to. Personally I've never cosplayed but I like the idea of it and am always amazed at how creative people get. I don't know who I would like to dress up as if i ever decide to do for my first ACen experience.

I would definitely do something casual or easy. I'm doing a 'modern' assassin from Assassin's creed, an original, just so I can wear a hoodie and jeans. Way easy, and pretty comfortable. No heels, itchy wigs, or tight costumes to get out of!

I'm promoting this, but if it's your first time, check out the meet and greet, and you'll meet tons of more people. I'm going there for sure! (link is from YoungBirdCall up two posts.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users