• This topic is locked

Trustful cosplay sites?

#1 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm trying to find a decent cosplay site for a Yuki Cross costume. My problem is I'm very skeptical of sites where the outfit is made in China (ie. Cosplayfu, Milanoo, etc). I would also like a site that allows you to use a credit card (not visa). If anyone can suggest a person who commissions stuff for a decent price or a cosplay site that makes things in the US that would be awesome!!!! Thanks for the help!
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#2 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'd suggest looking at sites like Etsy. For instance I did a search for a Yuki Cross cosplay and found this custom costume of the black outfit and this custom costume of the white outfit(from the same person). Since Etsy and sites like it are made for people to sell handmade items, you'll find people you can order it from who will make the costume to fit you specifically, and although the prices might be a little more than buying from some place like Milanoo, it will be more than worth it because you'll have direct contact with the person making it, it will be custom made for you, and it won't be a mass produced piece of crap - you can usually ensure that the person making it can be accurate to the character. Also, most sellers on Etsy can take credit card (from all, not just Visa) and paypal payments.

This post has been edited by ranefea: 25 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII
Sunday: White Mage (Custom design) - Final Fantasy series

#3 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

You're right to be skeptical of Milanoo. Take a look at the oh no Milanoo Tumblr. It's informative and hilarious.

Honestly, unless you do some research and are willing to put out a lot of money, cosplay sites aren't really the way to go. Most sites steal photos so you won't get what's pictured, and the ones that don't will be expensive for the most part. I recommend looking for a good commissioner. You can look at the commissioner review thread on cosplay.com, or I can recommend a couple.
ACen 2015 cosplay:

Friday - Mayoi Hachikuji (Bakemonogatari)
Saturday 1st half - Nona (Death Parade)
Saturday 2nd half - Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

#4 User is offline   ~Ichigo~ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 43847

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

The only place I buy costumes at is cosplaymagic if the costume looks fairly accurate. What i seen and gotten is the same and once i got my item in like 3-4 days so shipping is fast. Most costumes are around 125 I think. Just depends how accurate their version is since it can be off.

This post has been edited by ~Ichigo~: 25 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

#5 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Again, the many faces of milanoo to stay away from: http://egl.livejourn...m/15911979.html

If you're still looking for something on such short notice, EBay with US Only filter on is a start. http://www.ebay.com/...ay&LH_PrefLoc=1

#6 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

^listen to cactusmomma. ebay is a very good source. milanoo has been known to be treacherous.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#7 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Thanks everyone! I ended up buying Yuki's white outfit from etsy. Someone was selling their slightly used one so it was much cheaper than most of the other sites I went to.
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users