Anime Central Forums: Crystal Ball and Dateless? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Crystal Ball and Dateless? Crystal Ball and no date? Come in here and fix that!

Poll: Date plans? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your plans date wise?

1. I'm going single and mingling (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. I'm going to dance with everyone and everything! (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. I'm going to hit up the bufffet and pass out in the punch bowl of food comma!! (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

4. I plan to hide in a corner and watch the beauties from afar (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

5. I plan to hang on the outskirts and play wall flower hoping to be asked for a dance (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I hope to cut in on dances and keep all the singles occupied with my mad dance moves! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. I've already got a date! >:] (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Modestly Crooked 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61585

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hello! As I'm sure these have been made before and I can't seem to find any topics to date; I've taken it upon myself to re-start the Crystal Ball Date find topic!
~yay~

Mingle and talk to people if you're single for the dance and you don't want to be!

Have fun, obviously keep it clean.

Thanks and good luck!

This post has been edited by Modestly Crooked: 04 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Who can't wait for ACen? This lady! If you see Beach Ty Lee or Ame-Comi Catwoman that's me and say hi!
Can't wait to see you all <3

#2 User is offline   WithoutShade 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61399

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I hear that there will be ballroom, waltz and other dance lessons as panels this year. Some one should add "planning to go to the lessons to find a lot of other people to dance with" as one of the voting options. It's a great way to meet people, find a date to learn with and of course learn how to dance ballroom!
Best of wishes in all thy future endeavors & ♥ ∞,
— the one without shade

#3 User is offline   fadingreminder 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61417

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

How common is it to go alone to the Crystal Ball? I've never been and thought it might be kind of fun... It would be a nice way to meet and mingle with some new people I might not otherwise meet.

#4 User is offline   Lizzards37 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63397

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I was wondering that too. I've never been to a ball like this before. I haven't managed to convince my dance partner to come, so I was somewhat worried that I would be along and people wouldn't actually be dancing...but it seems like there will be! I hope to dance as much as possible, even if that means attempting to lead in my dress, so if anyone wants to dance look for a bright green dress- I'll never say no to dancing! :D
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ”

“It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

#5 User is offline   Lizzards37 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63397

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Also, just curious, are there any competitive ballroom dancers who plan on attending?
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ”

“It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

#6 User is offline   Grey CC Amore 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61228

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostLizzards37, on 31 March 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I was wondering that too. I've never been to a ball like this before. I haven't managed to convince my dance partner to come, so I was somewhat worried that I would be along and people wouldn't actually be dancing...but it seems like there will be! I hope to dance as much as possible, even if that means attempting to lead in my dress, soo if anyone wants to dance look for a bright green dress- I'll never say no to dancing! :D/>

Yellows, thought I'd answer ur question(s), kinda. lol. I attended last years crystal ball. as for those who attended most were couples but there was two full tables of singles that I know of since I sat at one. lol. as for competetive dancers... there was one person who solo danced and all watched and there was a few vey, (did I mention very?) good waltz-salsa dancers. There was always people dancing so you won't ever have to worry or think about it look ackward if you went alone. even if you don't bring a dancing partner there were gentleman around who offered ladies who weren't dancing to dance with them.

I thought last year charming, I even got asked to waltz which is all I went for. lol
Lady Grey CC Amore

#7 User is offline   TheArraigner 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61451

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm in an awkward situation. I was planning to go to the ball, 100%. I had a date, and now I don't. We were planning on costumes that are in the midst of being made. I already have my ticket. I have a costume for me and a dress for a lady in production, but no lady to go with that dress. Contact me if you'd like to talk and see if we'd enjoy going together.

#8 User is offline   VixieRose 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63619

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Well, I'd like to go, but I'm fabulously single... :'D Is it weird to go to this thing single? It's my first ACen, so all this is a bit lost on me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users