Anime Central Forums: Table Numbers Have Been Posted - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Table Numbers Have Been Posted Where are you?

#31 User is offline   LiL Moon 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63240

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostSapphy, on 31 January 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh my gosh table numbers! :D/> Now I just can't wait for the floor plan! My table number is 108 so I will be there cutting little things out of paper for the weekend.

As far as prep goes, I'm woefully behind! I'm going to have to bust butt starting this weekend to get to where I want to be by May. I've only got ~4 shadowboxes done and I plan on bringing at least 50, as well as bringing a bunch of cards and unframed art. I've got a lot of work to do!

Looks like we'll be neighbors then. ^_^ I'm #109. Your shadow boxes look really awesome. I make plushies myself. It'll be my first time at ACen and my first time traveling out of state for a convention so I'm both nervous and excited.

#32 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

And Now the Layout is Posted
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#33 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

YAY! I looooove knowing where we are beforehand.

One question I do have though, where is the AA Registration booth going to be? Is that's what it's called? You know the booth where we pick up our badges?
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#34 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

I always have mini panic attacks when ACen's AA map is posted. It always seems to change so I can never tell if I'm in the middle of nowhere or it just looks like it x_x;

#35 User is offline   StudioDangerboy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62959

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Oh nifty...we're on a corner! time to haul butt on getting everything ready!

#36 User is offline   SamusFairchild 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61245

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Yeay floor plan! :D
I note there's nobody occupying table 121. This lack of neighbor makes me sad :(
---
"Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony. " Heraclitus
"Medicine to produce health must examine disease; and music, to create harmony must investigate discord. " Plutarch
"Anyway, this cake is great. Its so delicious and moist." -GlaDOS

#37 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostSamusFairchild, on 14 March 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Yeay floor plan! :D/>
I note there's nobody occupying table 121. This lack of neighbor makes me sad :(/>

Don't worry someone will be there soon. There are a few "open" tables in the layout that aren't actually open. The artist is either a pull from the wait list, or is the DC winner, IR has extenuating circumstances. Basically once payment is received we should be good to post. :)

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#38 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Woohoo! I love being able to see where our table is before the con! Never been on the perimeter at ACen before - usually I'm right smack dab in the center, lol - so this should be different!
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#39 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle! I think i like this layout more than last year's -- everyone seems for the most part to be walking in the same flow.

Voltaire, do you know if those little black squares are pillars? that was my guess....
Also, did we flip-flop with where the vendors were located last year? I was trying to place things based on where the food is and I'm a bit turned around!

So excited, cannot wait!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#40 User is offline   SamusFairchild 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 14 March 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Don't worry someone will be there soon. There are a few "open" tables in the layout that aren't actually open. The artist is either a pull from the wait list, or is the DC winner, IR has extenuating circumstances. Basically once payment is received we should be good to post. :)/>

Fantastic :D It always bothers me when I see open tables around the Alley.
---
"Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony. " Heraclitus
"Medicine to produce health must examine disease; and music, to create harmony must investigate discord. " Plutarch

#41 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostLiL Moon, on 06 March 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Looks like we'll be neighbors then. ^_^/> I'm #109. Your shadow boxes look really awesome. I make plushies myself. It'll be my first time at ACen and my first time traveling out of state for a convention so I'm both nervous and excited.

Hi neighbor! :D

This year's layout looks great and more fluid than last year's. I'm more in the "middle" of everyone this year where I was right near a corner last year. I'm excited to see how it goes!

Oh man, I am totally starting to freak out. I have SO MUCH TO DO it's not even funny! At the least, I do have a super long vacation weekend coming up in the next two weeks that I planned specifically to work on ACen things. I've also got to finish up my PVC frame, paint my pegboards... :eek:
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#42 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 15 March 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle! I think i like this layout more than last year's -- everyone seems for the most part to be walking in the same flow.

Voltaire, do you know if those little black squares are pillars? that was my guess....
Also, did we flip-flop with where the vendors were located last year? I was trying to place things based on where the food is and I'm a bit turned around!

So excited, cannot wait!

Yep those are pillars :\

The layout of the entire hall is a bit different. We are in halls D & F this year, so the Vendors aren't behind the Alley per-say, but that is why there is other draws around the AA :)

#43 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 20 March 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

The layout of the entire hall is a bit different. We are in halls D & F this year, so the Vendors aren't behind the Alley per-say, but that is why there is other draws around the AA Posted Image

Oh wow, never been on that side before.

I was wondering when we pick up our AA badges will that booth be way over in hall D/F somewhere? It's not on the layout.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#44 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

The layout of the entire hall is a bit different. We are in halls D & F this year, so the Vendors aren't behind the Alley per-say, but that is why there is other draws around the AA :)/>

Ooh, a change of scenery! Looks like I'll at least make it somewhere else a little this year =p
Thanks!
And to ditto JujuFox, where would we pick up badges?

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#45 User is offline   SamusFairchild 

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

It was pretty nice to have the draw of the vendors bringing traffic through the last couple of years. The extra space is great, but I really hope we don't lose that pull.
---

#46 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

The layout of the entire hall is a bit different. We are in halls D & F this year, so the Vendors aren't behind the Alley per-say, but that is why there is other draws around the AA :)/>/>/>

Ooh, a change in scenery! I remember the dealer's room being in this hall before, I think, but it's been a while. Are we in hall D then and the Dealer's Room is in hall F, or is it something like D is Reg and F is both dealers and artists?

SamusFairchild said:

It was pretty nice to have the draw of the vendors bringing traffic through the last couple of years. The extra space is great, but I really hope we don't lose that pull.

Yeah, this worries me a little bit too, but then I think of cons like Otakon where their Alley is almost clear across the convention center from the dealer's room, and they seem to do OK. I hope we still get some good foot traffic in!

This post has been edited by Sapphy: 21 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire

#47 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well givin the layout seen here http://www.rosemont...._cc_flplans.pdf I would guess hall D is registration and F is a combo of the dealers area and Artist Alley. While I'm not an artist I would like to voice support for having the AA take the area south of the lobby and "eastward", leaving the larger left "half" of hall F for the "dealers room". Having direct access to AA while not being forced to walk directly "through it" (the large empty area on south and north wall of hall A to act as a bypass) in previous years has definitely lead me to check out and purchase items I otherwise would skip.

The only other "minor" inconvenience is losing the dual direct skybridge access which Hall A provides, helping to reduce traffic and allowing greater ease of access depending on which locations you were coming from.

This post has been edited by fooby: 21 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#48 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

The AA was in Hall F back in 2009, right? If it's at least similar to how is was then set up-wise (though I'm fairly certain the AA layout is different, if I'm remembering correctly), then I can say that sales/traffic flow didn't really change for me personally when it switched.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#49 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 20 March 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

I was wondering when we pick up our AA badges will that booth be way over in hall D/F somewhere? It's not on the layout.

View PostIcyPanther, on 21 March 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

And to ditto JujuFox, where would we pick up badges?[/color]

Sorry I have been rather busy as of late, and I finally had time to hop on my phone.
I plan to send a notice out via email about it, but in the mean time... AA badge pickup will be in Hall D, so we don't have to worry as much about network problems (being closer to registration). It also provides the opportunity for people entering the hall to have badges, so it would decrease the possibility of potential shoplifting. I see that as a plus since there were a few things that went missing. It means the staff have to work a bit harder, but if it is more beneficial for you guys, then I want us to put forth the extra effort.

#50 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I feel like I'll be so segregated from everyone at table #188. >o>;

#51 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postrailas, on 26 March 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

You'll be the first thing people see when they're coming back from a guest signing or the art show! :)

I notice some of those pillars look awfully close to the tables, particularly on the bottom row. What's up with that? They won't be THAT close to the tables when everything's laid out, right?

#52 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostSapphy, on 26 March 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

You'll be the first thing people see when they're coming back from a guest signing or the art show! Posted Image

I notice some of those pillars look awfully close to the tables, particularly on the bottom row. What's up with that? They won't be THAT close to the tables when everything's laid out, right?

I was wondering about that too. It looks like for some a pillar blocks half of the front of their table.

#53 User is offline   SamusFairchild 

• Pip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postfooby, on 21 March 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

The only other "minor" inconvenience is losing the dual direct skybridge access which Hall A provides, helping to reduce traffic and allowing greater ease of access depending on which locations you were coming from.

It was very convenient to have that extra access- the less I have to lug stuff with a bad back, the better :o Gunna have to get me some Heelys.
...and then promptly kill myself using them.

I do really hope, though, that there's wiggle room with those pillars. I feel sorry for the guys stuck by them :(

View Postrailas, on 26 March 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Well, if they have hall D open into hall F, it looks like you'll be among the first they hit right out of registration... assuming I'm figuring the layout right.
---

#54 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

This is true, but I'm not across from any other artists (I like staring at my neighbors art. XD) and unless I'm mistaken, the AA entrance is on the other end?

#55 User is offline   SamusFairchild 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postrailas, on 27 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

This is true, but I'm not across from any other artists (I like staring at my neighbors art. XD) and unless I'm mistaken, the AA entrance is on the other end?

The proper entrance to hall F is on the other end, yes, but they can open the divider to hall D so it's like one big room. However, I don't know if that's what they're planning on doing...

And I totally never thought of the whole not being across from other artists thing :( That does suck. I'm sorry. Maybe you'll have lots of visitors to keep you distracted \o/
---

#56 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Samus~ Haha, yeah, last time I sat across from another plushie maker. By the end, I bought a plushie because I was staring at it the whole time. XD

#57 User is offline   Ginrei 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 45753

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Okay, I am totally confused with this map... having trouble picturing the layout. Is the vv Food mark that little fast-food thing that sells overpriced hotdogs and ice cream?

I've done this three years now, and somehow I've gotten seated on an outer edge every time! And it's usually on the edge leading to the exhibitors, so the traffic is quite good. This year... if I'm reading this right... I'm waaay in the back corner? By the lounge? I'm 24. There's no 23 listed yet, and 25 is a name I don't recognize/google gave me nothing... so I'm curious to find out about my neighbors!!

#58 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostGinrei, on 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Okay, I am totally confused with this map... having trouble picturing the layout. Is the vv Food mark that little fast-food thing that sells overpriced hotdogs and ice cream?

I've done this three years now, and somehow I've gotten seated on an outer edge every time! And it's usually on the edge leading to the exhibitors, so the traffic is quite good. This year... if I'm reading this right... I'm waaay in the back corner? By the lounge? I'm 24. There's no 23 listed yet, and 25 is a name I don't recognize/google gave me nothing... so I'm curious to find out about my neighbors!!

Unlike last year this is in Hall D and F, so I believe the last three years it was in Hall A. That might be the reason for the confusion?

#59 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yay insomnia and a to-do list as long as my arm >.<

View PostSamusFairchild, on 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

The proper entrance to hall F is on the other end, yes, but they can open the divider to hall D so it's like one big room. However, I don't know if that's what they're planning on doing...

You are correct that the Halls can Merge, but they won't be merged for the event. Registration is in Hall D while everything else is in Hall F. There will also be one entrance and one exit into the hall this year to help with traffic and making sure that we provide more security shoplifting wise. So it is kind of a double edged sword.

View PostGinrei, on 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostJujuFox, on 01 April 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Unlike last year this is in Hall D and F, so I believe the last three years it was in Hall A. That might be the reason for the confusion?

You got it nailed Juju! This year with the hall change the entire layout is a bit different, which is probably why you (Ginrei) are confused.

btw, the >>> <<<< vvv and ^^^^ are my poor attempt at arrows. >.<

#60 User is offline   LiL Moon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63240

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Quick question: Are the tables going to have skirts? I think I remember reading that no one was sure.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users