• You cannot reply to this topic

Pokemon X and Y

#1 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

So who else flipped their lid when they saw the trailer for generation 6?Teaser Trailer HerePersonally, I cannot wait to get my hands on that crazy rainbow deer. And the starters actually are pretty adorable this time, which is a nice change from the last couple generations.And let's not ignore the obvious: we finally get a 3D Pokemon game (that isn't Stadium. Because let's be real, the story mode in those games sucked hard.). Did you see that volcano gym? Wtf? So cool.
Shut up and take my money, Nintendo.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

FENNEKIN! Holy crap I want everything Fennekin!

LOOK HOW CUTE!!!!! *____*;;;;;

Posted Image

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

That was basically my exact reaction to Fennekin. <3 I can't wait to see its evolutions! It's like Vulpix the 2nd.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#4 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostKii, on 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

That was basically my exact reaction to Fennekin. <3 I can't wait to see its evolutions! It's like Vulpix the 2nd.

Oddly enough, I'm not a big Vulpix fan. Don't get me wrong, foxes are my favorite animals since I birth! I just didn't care for any of the fox pokemon except for Zorua. I really hope that the evos retain their foxy look and don't go all anthromorphic.... and don't go the fire/fighting route. e__e;

The problem with Fennekin is... I'm a member of pkmncollectors... I have a merch addiction... and starters get tons of merch... and I'm going to be buying lots of Fennekin plush! XP
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#5 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I really hope that the evos retain their foxy look and don't go all anthromorphic.... and don't go the fire/fighting route. e__e;

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Kii: 27 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

#6 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Anyone else notice how quickly nintendo is pushing out this game simply to help boost the sales of the 3DS? I mean everyone went out and scrambled to get the Black and White 2 yet it hasn't even been a year I think and nintnedo is already going *Look, More Pokemon!* Kinda makes me glad I stopped playing a long time ago. I am glad that Fennekin ISN'T going to be a fire/fighting type. Thankfully.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#7 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I don't know, I feel like Black and White 2 was actually just meant to tide people over. I mean they announced XY now but it's not coming out for about eight months, which is around a year after Black and White 2 came out, which is more than enough time to finish it. And there are plenty of games coming out on 3DS to motivate you to get it....that's sort of the point of releasing a console in the first place. To make games for it, and get people to buy said console. It's not as if they are going to release a system and be like "Psh, buy it if you want it, I guess. I mean we're not really gonna release any cool games for it, or games we know our customers like, so whatever, dude."
The creator of Pokemon actually released a 10 minute long video announcement about how much he cares about the franchise, and about how hard he and the team have worked since the beginning to bring the players a unique and interesting game play experience that still holds true to the original Blue and Red games, and how exciting it is for him to connect players together all over the world. While "Pokemon, Pokemon, POKEMON" does get a bit tiring here and there, with the games it's just as much about pleasing the players as it is about making a profit.
But every Pokemon game since the very first Pokemon game has been "Look! More Pokemon!", which is something some people may not enjoy but I personally look forward to each new generation quite a bit. It's probably the best part.

#8 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

If you put the two games together, you get a boy.

Spoiler

Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#9 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostKii, on 28 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

I don't know, I feel like Black and White 2 was actually just meant to tide people over. I mean they announced XY now but it's not coming out for about eight months, which is around a year after Black and White 2 came out, which is more than enough time to finish it. And there are plenty of games coming out on 3DS to motivate you to get it....that's sort of the point of releasing a console in the first place. To make games for it, and get people to buy said console. It's not as if they are going to release a system and be like "Psh, buy it if you want it, I guess. I mean we're not really gonna release any cool games for it, or games we know our customers like, so whatever, dude."
The creator of Pokemon actually released a 10 minute long video announcement about how much he cares about the franchise, and about how hard he and the team have worked since the beginning to bring the players a unique and interesting game play experience that still holds true to the original Blue and Red games, and how exciting it is for him to connect players together all over the world. While "Pokemon, Pokemon, POKEMON" does get a bit tiring here and there, with the games it's just as much about pleasing the players as it is about making a profit.
But every Pokemon game since the very first Pokemon game has been "Look! More Pokemon!", which is something some people may not enjoy but I personally look forward to each new generation quite a bit. It's probably the best part.

You mean games like star fox 64 and zelda 64 that I still own? Even the mario games which I bet are fun aren't really worth me putting forth my money for it. I mean how many times can I really shell out 60 bucks to have the same 2D platmorm adventure? If I freind or someone has it I'll glady play it at their house. But really I'm just bored with many of what nintendo is putting out. So putting it out exclusively on their newest handheld when nothing is really "3D" about pokemon just seems like a greedy corporate move to me.

And look at the wii, They were much less devoted to bringing actually good games to push the console and more so devoted to just pushing the casual/"family" gaming side that the wii is awash with hack games and dime a dozen corporate brand "games". It didn't help me buy the console and many I know have yet to get a WiiU because they are seeing a similer trend.

Pokemon itself is something I just can't do with the same amount of passion anymore. It used to be my own special thing when I was younger with only a few friends and we'd collect everything and play hour after hour to max out our levels. And threw the years we kept doing it, but more and more games came out and more and more people came into it. And now I just don't have the time or the energy anymore to devote myself to "catching them all" when I know that in a year there is just going to be more so there really isn't a point to it anymore. Really, I've pretty much become like any adult you see in the pokemon game or tv show I guess. Still love their own pokemon and can still understand all the new stuff that comes out but really, my adventuring time is pretty much over.

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 29 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#10 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Really looking forward to this.

Also picking up fennekin as my starter. Fire and another typing please.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#11 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Fennekin is going to be everyone's starter.Fennekin master race.

#12 User is offline   Level-5 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I like the game and the legendary but....I don't really like the heroine in this game compared to the other ones. I hope the option to change outfits is in this game.

White/Touka was my favorite next to Ruby's outfit in terms of the girls.

Posted Image

I might use the Fire or the Earth.

#13 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostKii, on 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

This.lol

And of course i cant wait. Tho im not picking fennel. Hipster for life son. Lol (probably will choose the water one. Screw the oshawatt clone. Lol)

And DS I disagree. All the other good 3ds games are pushing people to buy a 3ds. Such as fire emblem. Im foaming at the mouth waiting for tomorrow so I can pick it up.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#14 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 28 January 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

Anyone else notice how quickly nintendo is pushing out this game simply to help boost the sales of the 3DS? I mean everyone went out and scrambled to get the Black and White 2 yet it hasn't even been a year I think and nintnedo is already going *Look, More Pokemon!* Kinda makes me glad I stopped playing a long time ago. I am glad that Fennekin ISN'T going to be a fire/fighting type. Thankfully.

Here's my theory on this: It has less to do with boosting sales for the 3ds and more to do with the fact that the reception for Gen V was lukewarm at best. I remember a friend telling me he'd seen info on Gen III remakes on Nintendo's website, and then X and Y was announced and now he can't find the info on the GenIII remakes anymore.

I think what probably happened was, they saw how terribad the reception for Gen V was, and decided to just go ahead and release Gen VI. Hopefully this isn't a case of the developers being all "But it's not ready yet!" and the powers that be responding with "Who cares?! We're losing our fan base!"

@Level-5....not to nitpick, but when you say Ruby's your favorite female outfit after White's...are you referring to the character or the game? Because as I understand it, Ruby's the male character and Sapphire's the girl. (They also did a really cool thing with the comic for that gen where Ruby, the boy, is the coordinator and the one who's all gungho pokemon trainer is Sapphire, the girl.)

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 20 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#15 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I think s/he just meant the game Ruby. It's probably just a generation reference.But I'd have to say it'll be hard to top the cuteness of B/W2's huge twintail buns.
But I think the new female character looks pretty cute. At least it's not a baseball cap.

#16 User is offline   Dex_Link 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 30007

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 28 January 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

You also have to remember that these games have been in development for 3-4 years, far longer than even the GenV games.
I cannot wait until October! I feel the 3d aspect of the game will indeed sell 3ds units, but also bring more fans to/back to the franchise. I was a smart move on Nintendo's part. I'm really pumped to see more of the new Pokemon as time goes on. I think this generation will be a big hit...
2009 cosplay: Steampunk 2010 cosplay: Steve Fox, 'Tekken 6' 2011 cosplay: John Marston, 'Red Dead Redemption' 2012: DID NOT ATTEND
2013 cosplay: Team Rocket Luchador grunt, 'Pokemon'

2014 cosplay: Finn in Jake Suit, 'Adventure Time'
Possible 2015 cosplay: Dwalin, 'The Hobbit'; Link, 'LoZ'

#17 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostKii, on 09 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I think s/he just meant the game Ruby. It's probably just a generation reference.But I'd have to say it'll be hard to top the cuteness of B/W2's huge twintail buns.
But I think the new female character looks pretty cute. At least it's not a baseball cap.

I hated B/W2's female sprite, actually. First time I've been so against a character design that I actually opted for the male character.

What I would like to see in pokemon is a female player character whose outfit isn't completely counterproductive to traveling around and roughing it out in the wild. Short shorts, a tank top and a vest? In winter, no less?
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

-Sidney Sheldon

#18 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

It'd be pretty cool since the graphics are getting better and better to be able to customize our sprite a little bit. Not anything crazy like Skyrim or something, just maybe hairstyles, a few alternative outfits, stuff like that.
It's not a huge deal to me, though. There hasn't been a time where I'm like "Ugh gross what an ugly sprite NO absolutely not".

#19 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostKii, on 17 March 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

It'd be pretty cool since the graphics are getting better and better to be able to customize our sprite a little bit. Not anything crazy like Skyrim or something, just maybe hairstyles, a few alternative outfits, stuff like that.
It's not a huge deal to me, though. There hasn't been a time where I'm like "Ugh gross what an ugly sprite NO absolutely not".

Yeah, I'd love customizable sprites. We can obtain props and stuff for our pokemon, but I can't buy a different hat at the mall? Sadface.

Also, we get a pretty dress to wear for contests, but nobody thinks to give us a winter coat before going to the land of ice and snow? Logic wut?

-Sidney Sheldon

#20 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

This.lol

And of course i cant wait. Tho im not picking fennel. Hipster for life son. Lol (probably will choose the water one. Screw the oshawatt clone. Lol)

And DS I disagree. All the other good 3ds games are pushing people to buy a 3ds. Such as fire emblem. Im foaming at the mouth waiting for tomorrow so I can pick it up.

i know, right?
dat 3ds fire emblem, son.

i can hold out on buying pokemon x and y, but fire emblem games come out way more infrequently
so they're more of an incentive for me to pick up a 3ds.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 18 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

#21 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I am shocked because the legndaries actually look badass. I'm prolly gonna jump the bandwagon and go for fennekin. I am hoping it's evolutions are awesome. Its a bummer though, to have to buy the 3DS to play. I am desperate to play Ocarina of Time but I can't. Its kinda frustrating.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#22 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

What do you guys think about the new mew/mewtwo evo

Posted Image
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill

#23 User is offline   Level-5 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Don't like the Mewtwo Evo. Makes him look like Majin Buu.

There's a Mew evo too?

#24 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postkitty wolf, on 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

What do you guys think about the new mew/mewtwo evo

Posted Image

Omg...the design is not good at ALL.

This post has been edited by Fantasia: 08 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#25 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I love the new design, personally.

It's got the awesome color scheme of Mewtwo while being infinitely cuter than Mewtwo.

It's no Mew, though.

#26 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostKii, on 09 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I love the new design, personally.

It's got the awesome color scheme of Mewtwo while being infinitely cuter than Mewtwo.

It's no Mew, though.

When it come to cuteness Evo Mewtwo is nothing compared to mew :rolleyes:.

#27 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Did they get a new artist? All the pokemon have a different design style.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#28 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 17 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Did they get a new artist? All the pokemon have a different design style.

As far as I know, no, but.....when you've spent the last...how many years? creating...how many pokemon? Your art style is going to evolve. Like...find your favorite manga that spans more than a few volumes, and compare the art in the first chapter to that of the last (I, personally, thought this was most noticeable in Kare Kano and Fruits Basket, personally).

-Sidney Sheldon

#29 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well this answers some questions.

#30 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Confirmed as a Mewtwo form. It's tentatively called Awakened Mewtwo.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users