• This topic is locked

Japanese Band: Kalafina Kalafina to perform at Anime Central 2013

#61 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

There won't be any VIP tickets for this concert, but there will be an autograph session. I'm working with their management on the schedule right now, and any possible way to guarantee an autograph (through a purchase or whatever). The line for autographs will be long, and we will have to limit the line to some certain number, which is not yet decided upon. I will post information as soon as it is set in stone.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#62 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yes! So excited to know there will be autographs :D
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#63 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yaaaay! Thank you! There are no words to how excited I am for this con.
-Liana Ilia

#64 User is offline   virus86 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62163

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Will there be items to buy for them to sign? I want them to sign a Seventh Heaven CD, which I do not own.

#65 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

I hope they also allow previously purchased merchandise for signing. I got that 5th Anniversary book from Japan I'd love to have them sign <3
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#66 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't. Especially if they're authentic items.
ACen Mascot Artist

#67 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I've been to cons that allow it, and others that don't. It seems weird, but yeah, there are some where you can only get things you buy right then for them to sign, and others who are like, just as long as it's legit
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#68 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63281

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

ACen's official autograph policy can be found here: http://www.ACen.org/...utograph-policy

It says "Guests only autograph officially licensed products and reserve the right to sign (or decline to sign) whatever they feel is appropriate."

As long as it is an official product, they ought to sign it. Most guests won't refuse to sign anything unless it is some obvious fake or something completely unrelated. I got LiSA to sign a Fate/Zero poster before and I got Minami Kuribayashi/Ayami/Kouki Yoshimune to sign a Anime Expo poster I got. It's up the guests but Kalafina are the top of professionalism so they won't want to make a scene. There shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't sign something related that you already purchased. Personally, I plan to bring a Madoka Magika wall scroll that I bought last year and intended Yuki Kajiura/FictionJunction to sign, but the autograph session was cancelled. :( But since Kalafina sung the opening song, I don't see why they wouldn't sign the wall scroll.

On a side note, as far as the long lines at autograph sessions, I like Anime Expo's approach. The first x(number) of people to enter the room at the guest's panel get a ticket good to enter the autograph session. Any other badge holder can wait in a standby line and if the guest has enough time, they can also sign more autographs. That's my two cents at least.

This post has been edited by acidtreat101: 27 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

#69 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Otakon's method this past year wasn't bad, either. The line did not start til an hour before the session, and they passed out tickets they had precounted for how many people could get in. I managed to snag 4 autographs last year with this system, so no complaints from me :D

Sadly, as someone who also has an Artist Alley table to manage, sometimes going to panels to get tickets isn't feasible.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#70 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 27 March 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Otakon's method this past year wasn't bad, either. The line did not start til an hour before the session, and they passed out tickets they had precounted for how many people could get in. I managed to snag 4 autographs last year with this system, so no complaints from me :D/>

Sadly, as someone who also has an Artist Alley table to manage, sometimes going to panels to get tickets isn't feasible.

I like this idea, but would like to elaborate on it for ACen's benefit. For the most part, I have given up getting any autographs or even meeting guests from ACen. Last year (it feels like so long ago), Chris Sabat was at the convention; I was there over an hour early to check on when his session actually started, and they had a line going already, and had already cut said line off. I was rudely told that I should have been there "earlier". That "30-minute before event start" line DOES NOT WORK. It HASN'T WORKED. It WILL NEVER WORK. There are far too many attendees for this system to even remotely work. For autograph sessions (and feel free to elaborate this idea to highly anticipated panels as well), go to a ticket/sticker system. We all have to have badges, right? Well, on the back of them, people can go to Con Ops, or Registration help (that booth they always have set up in the Dealer's Hall), and have a pre-set number of stickers/tickets that mark what you want to attend. (Autograph session, Masq., Anime Hell/Midnight Madness, Soap Bubble, Synergy, etc.) and have it mark which session you're attending (Kalafina, Yu Asakawa, etc.) While you don't (and can't) logically give out a sticker/ticket for each individual seat in that panel/session, you can give out half of the anticipated number of tickets for that event. Then, those people are guaranteed a spot at the event they took extra time to receive an advance ticket for. Up to a half-hour (or perhaps just 15 minutes) to go for an event, these people can walk up to the IRT/Staff member monitoring the room in question, and get the go ahead to go inside and sit down. For those with tickets/stickers, they must arrive a few minutes early. They cannot show up 15-seconds early or even when the line is going inside and expect to have IRT/Staff stop the line so they can go inside. With this system comes some responsibility on the attendees part. These tickets can be limited to the day of the event if ACen would like to make this even more fair to attendees who only attend a certain day; or limit the tickets given out to so many per day if that makes it more fair. This would need to be a con higher-up's decision. With the autograph issue, those with tickets would be allowed to line up first (to give the guest time to arrive and get situated.) IRT/Staff would need to keep an eye on (i.e. ask) if someone had a ticket/sticker so that they received priority position in the lines for autograph sessions. Those who didn't take the extra time to go to that Help Desk/Con ops to get an advance ticket/sticker to get prime position in line would just have to wait in the back and hope that they get their item signed, or get into the prime time event they wanted to attend.

If this seems way too complicated, there is something that quite a few other conventions do that I am ALL FOR. Platinum badges. Youmacon, Ramencon, ShutoCon, and I'm sure others, do this. In exchange for higher pricing on the badge (sometimes 3x the normal cost), a person who has a platinum badge receives priority seating at all events (minus the ones that cost extra, such as the Charity Ball), autograph sessions, dealer's hall access, (usually an hour before non-platinum attendees), and sometimes they throw in bonuses depending on the convention, such as a t-shirt, or swag bag with the con's logo on it. I'm sure a large number of Anime Central attendees would be willing to pay extra for a platinum badge so that they could skip the lines. With a convention this size it would also be pertinent to mention that putting a cap on how many platinum badges would be for sale would have to be pre-agreed upon for everyone's sanity. First come-first serve. That extra revenue could come in handy for the convention, and situations that constantly seem to happen (such as the people lining up way early for events because they know that the line rules cannot possibly be enforced), would hopefully be curbed (at least for a little bit?).
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#71 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Well I think the problem with a ticket/sticker system would be the Booth that gives out tickets would simply be overwhelmed all the time. As soon as everyone realized that's where tickets are given out, they would all head there and it would be a big cluster****. I think the only proper solution is to let lines form earlier, so first come first serve is really first come...and also possibly have a premier/platinum badge like other conventions. I would gladly pay 3x the price for one of those badges. One thing about letting lines form early is that you could have one place where you let the line form away from the hall, so the line wouldn't be blocking anyone, and then lead the whole line into the hall for the panel or event.

At any rate, this thread is really off topic. I think we need to keep it on topic about Kalafina.

#72 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Ah, agreed. And yeah, it kinda got off topic. :/

Looking forward to seeing Kalafina in an actual theatre! I haven't been to an actual concert since I saw Bob Segar with my mom a few years ago...although FLOW was super awesome to see!
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#73 User is offline   virus86 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62163

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Its almost April...must have tickets now! I hope they play Love Come Down!

#74 User is offline   JDM 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18044

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I remember in 2008, ACen had free tickets for the Hal Cali/Peelander Z/Mari Iijima concert. I think at registration they said you could either have a ticket for the concerts (which were 3 one hour concerts back to back without clearing the room) or the Masquerade. When I actually got in line with my concert ticket they said I didn't need it, and I was able to go to the the Masquerade as well, because the ball room in the Hyatt wasn't full for that either. I guess my question is, that if on the night of the Kalafina concert, there are a lot of empty seats, will there, possibly, be any discounted tickets or even free entry available at the last minute? (Never say never)

I also remember getting in line for the Jason David Frank and 3 other Power Rangers actors autographs in 2008. When I realized it was about a 3 hour line when they first started, I went off and did other things for three hours, and when I came back I only had to wait about 1 hour for their autographs. There were people who waited 3 hours, but at least everyone was able to get an autograph. The Rangers were willing to stay for so long, because they were selling pictures to be autographed, however they were also signing the ACen program book for free. I would like to see something similar for Kalafina. Maybe CDs for sale at the table that come with a free autograph?

#75 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

@JDM, Kalafina is an act of a much higher caliber than Halcali. That's why they're getting the bigger venue and the tickets that cost money. They're a huge deal. Don't hold your breath for free tickets.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#76 User is offline   ashrii 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61816

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Will there be a translator at the autograph session or do they speak (enough) English for basic understanding? Any time for photos?

#77 User is offline   Nakigahara 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59253

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Does ACen have strict concert rules? Will I be able to take pictures at the concert?

#78 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postashrii, on 31 March 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Will there be a translator at the autograph session or do they speak (enough) English for basic understanding? Any time for photos?

This almost completely depends on who Kalafina bring with them. Most likely they will have someone who speaks fluent English with them as a handler, but Kalafina's English is pretty good anyways(for Japanese-speakers). They really hurry you at these autograph sessions, you won't have time to say more than a line or two anyways. My guess would be that Kalafina will have a no photograph policy during the autograph session. From my understanding that's how it usually is with them.

View PostNakigahara, on 01 April 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Does ACen have strict concert rules? Will I be able to take pictures at the concert?

I'm not sure about ACen's rules, but I doubt ACen has any specific rules barring pictures at concerts themselves. That is because it's completely dependent on what the artist wants and what is in their contract. Both when I saw Kalafina and when I saw Yuki Kajiura and FictionJunction before, at the panels and at the concerts, photography was extremely limited. At times they would allow people with a press badge to take non-flash photography, and during other times they would say "Absolutely no photography or recording of any kind from anyone." My guess would be that it will be very similar this time around. Because of the groups extremely high standards and reputation for being perfect, they don't want someone capturing them at an unflattering moment.

By the way at the very same convention, they had another concert with LiSA, and anyone could take pictures at any time as long as it wasn't flash photography. That's why I am quite sure that it completely depends on that artist.

#79 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostNakigahara, on 01 April 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Photography will not be allowed at the concert. Anyone caught taking pictures/video risks removal from the venue with no refund.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#80 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

What's the word on those tickets coming out for sale?
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#81 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm waiting on the green light from the developers and testers. Once they say it's good, I'll give the 7 day notice. I was expecting the green light last night.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#82 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 02 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm waiting on the green light from the developers and testers. Once they say it's good, I'll give the 7 day notice. I was expecting the green light last night.

Did you ever get the group thing sorting out? I'm going with another person and so I would like to make sure we can get tickets together. I want to make sure we can make a group before the tickets go on sale, so we don't have to scramble to create a group and then buy tickets while the good seats are selling out. Also, is the massive amount of traffic the site will get the moments leading up to and during the tickets going on sale being accounted for? Often times, the ticketing server crash with all the traffic. I've seen it happen, and experience it first hand. It made me lose out on getting some of the best tickets. Thanks again Ken.

#83 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Postacidtreat101, on 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Did you ever get the group thing sorting out? I'm going with another person and so I would like to make sure we can get tickets together. I want to make sure we can make a group before the tickets go on sale, so we don't have to scramble to create a group and then buy tickets while the good seats are selling out. Also, is the massive amount of traffic the site will get the moments leading up to and during the tickets going on sale being accounted for? Often times, the ticketing server crash with all the traffic. I've seen it happen, and experience it first hand. It made me lose out on getting some of the best tickets. Thanks again Ken.

Oh gawd. That would suck if we'd had to go through that. I already went through that when I had to sign up for artist alley the day it went live. It got sold out in minutes, and I was put into the waitlist. It's fortunate that I did manage to snag tables, but still.

#84 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Postacidtreat101, on 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Yes, group tickets will be available, and the official post about ticket sale open date is located at http://www.acen.org/...concert-tickets. You will need the acen.org usernames of all the people in your group at ticket purchase time, and each user must have a valid badge on their account. Our site has been good with handling high traffic loads the past couple years, so I'm not particularly worried about the open date.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#85 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I've been getting asked about this: is there a different process for staff, or is this how it works for everyone? (I myself am also curious, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to go yet.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#86 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 04 April 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

I've been getting asked about this: is there a different process for staff, or is this how it works for everyone? (I myself am also curious, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to go yet.)

There was an email sent out to staff on the process for this, but yes staff need to have an account in the system as well.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#87 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sooo about the contest. Where do we send the video? Is it in the contacts on the main page?
-Liana Ilia

#88 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 04 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

There was an email sent out to staff on the process for this, but yes staff need to have an account in the system as well.

Ahh, I didn't get that email. Fair enough, thanks! :)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#89 User is offline   ♥♥takeru♥♥ 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58460

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Will the contest results be out before the tickets go on sale? And if they are not, and we buy the tickets AND also somehow win the contest....could we be refunded for the tickets we already bought?
Thank you~
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Dejiko-Di Gi Charat
Attack on Titan-Hanji Zoe Pajama

#90 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostLiana_Ilia, on 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Sooo about the contest. Where do we send the video? Is it in the contacts on the main page?

The email was listed in the contest directions :) you link it to the main Facebook thread and send the info required for your entry submittion to advertising at acen.org :thumbup:

View Post♥♥takeru♥♥, on 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Will the contest results be out before the tickets go on sale? And if they are not, and we buy the tickets AND also somehow win the contest....could we be refunded for the tickets we already bought?
Thank you~

Results will be out before the tickets go on sale! :highfive:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users