Japanese Band: Kalafina Kalafina to perform at Anime Central 2013

#151 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostLance, on 11 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Just got confirmation from Phillip on FB saying that you need to reply to that email with the usernames of the people you bought tickets with. I've done so, but I haven't gotten any confirmation of that yet, though I presume that won't come until after they've manually fitted us in.

Just commenting here to make clear for people that were confused. That email is kind of hastily written. (for obvious reasons)

Thank you! :) You are right, the email confirming your response was received may be a little longer.
(I'm Phillip btw ;) )

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 11 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I heard back alreayd, I replied to the e-mail. I imagine it will take them time to get through, but yeah, they see it that way

Thank you :)

View PostTomoe, on 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Did you hear back with seats? or just section?

Just sections for now. Seats are distributed at the event as we didn't want to delay the ticketing system over that. :\
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#152 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63427

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

My badge arrived for ACen, now I have to just get my ticket for Kalafina and all will be well.

I'm hoping that I won't miss the opportunity since I have to leave the hour in 90 minutes and won't be back until 1 or 2 am Central time.

#153 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostAsphyxia, on 11 April 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

My badge arrived for ACen, now I have to just get my ticket for Kalafina and all will be well.

I'm hoping that I won't miss the opportunity since I have to leave the hour in 90 minutes and won't be back until 1 or 2 am Central time.

We are working to get the site up as fast as we can. We don't have a solid estimation at the moment, but rest assured that we will announce when the tickets come back online as we do not want to deprive anyone of their opportunity to obtain one.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#154 User is offline   Khuga 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60874

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm wondering if there is any handicapped seating for the event? The person I'm going with can't climb stairs.

#155 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostKhuga, on 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'm wondering if there is any handicapped seating for the event? The person I'm going with can't climb stairs.

There should be, but I am not 100% sure where. I would email Registration and mention it in case they can see that while they are working on the system.

#156 User is offline   Secretsof2113 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59483

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostKhuga, on 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

When you order tickets, I saw an option for handicapped seating. There are symbols to show what sections have seats that will accommodate!
ACen 2014 cosplays!
Rainbow Dash (fullsuit)-My Little Pony

#157 User is online   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I selected section 109 but the email I received stated I was moved from 103 to 104. Was this also due to over booking or is it a glitch?
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#158 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

If I had anything to be curious about, is whether the ticket page will be online tonight or simply be open tomorrow at noon again?

#159 User is offline   Khuga 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60874

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Ok thank you. I sent an e-mail to Registration and I'll check it out again on the site tomorrow I must have missed it earlier today.

#160 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostS1NN3R, on 11 April 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I selected section 109 but the email I received stated I was moved from 103 to 104. Was this also due to over booking or is it a glitch?

There was a large number of users accessing the system all at once. It was more than we could have predicted, so we are making sure (based on timestamps) that people are not sitting on each other's lap. Sorry for the inconvenience. :( We are doing our best to make sure that each person is gaining the closest section to what they selected if they are in the affected areas.

View PostAsphyxia, on 11 April 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

If I had anything to be curious about, is whether the ticket page will be online tonight or simply be open tomorrow at noon again?

We are not sure at this moment, but we are sure that it will be tomorrow. As details are finalized, we will announce them as quickly as we can.

#161 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 11 April 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

We are not sure at this moment, but we are sure that it will be tomorrow. As details are finalized, we will announce them as quickly as we can.

Hopefully it'll be tomorrow and not during my midday appointment. X3
I just want to know if I can relax for tonight and not stress since I have to go out to dinner and an event tonight.

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate them very much. :)

#162 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

To speak back on a question from earlier in this thread, Kalafina's management has requested two autograph sessions. The first autograph session will take place approximately 1 hour after the Friday night concert in the Hyatt. The second signing will likely take place Saturday afternoon. Merchandise will be available for purchase at the signings.

The first autograph session will be restricted to concert ticket holders (please have your ticket stub ready to show at the signing area), and only official merchandise will be signed. That means you can either bring something you already have or purchase something there to be signed, as long as it is official, licensed Kalafina merchandise. The signing session will only be one hour, so I'm sure we will have to cut the line off at some point.

The second autograph session will allow other items to be signed. It will also only be one hour long. I know that means that a lot of people who want autographs will not be able to get them, and I apologize for that in advance.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#163 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Question: so for that first autograph session, it has to be Kalafina merchandise specifically? So something like, say, a Madoka soundtrack, wouldn't fly?
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#164 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 11 April 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Question: so for that first autograph session, it has to be Kalafina merchandise specifically? So something like, say, a Madoka soundtrack, wouldn't fly?

Same question, I have a poster from the Kara no Kyoukai movies which they were the lead music group for(heck, they were formed to make music for these movies originally). Does it have to be Kalafina merch or can it be Kalafina related merch?
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#165 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63281

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I wasn't gonna say it...I really wasn't. The site went down, I couldn't get tickets until an hour later...but hey, I still got in to the section I wanted, 103. Or so I thought. It ended up being overbooked...just like I was worried about after the site was taken down. Because I wasn't one of the first people to manage to access the FUBARed site, I got pushed out of the section I ordered and wanted. So I am gonna say it to satisfy my own anger...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to warn you guys that the traffic was going to be overwhelming. But you brushed it off. The traffic wasn't "more than could have been predicted" because it was EXACTLY what I predicted. I know...it's hard to listen to some random person on the internet. But you were warned...and because I was correct, I think I have the right to say that. As someone who lost their place in the best section, I think we deserve some recompense. My suggestion is that anyone who was forced to move because of no-fault of their own should be given priority access to the autograph session, above the rest of the concert ticket holders. Maybe that isn't fair to those people who happened to not be in a section that was affected...so what? What happened to us wasn't fair either. So at this point, it's up to ACen whether or not that want to give good customer service, or if they want to continue dropping the ball and have the reputation for incompetence and bad customer service.

By the way, yes I am furious. And I won't apologize for it.

This post has been edited by acidtreat101: 12 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

#166 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

You should be thankful you got tickets and are in one of the first sections. Many of us, myself included, don't even have tickets yet due to the site going down. I'm disappointed for certain, but no amount of bellyaching can change that fact. I'm still determined to get tickets. Even if they aren't in the front section, like some folks were lucky enough to get. My only desire is to see Kalafina. Just being there is more than fulfilling enough.

#167 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9672

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Maybe that isn't fair to those people who happened to not be in a section that was affected...so what?

While I understand that you are disappointed, you are not alone I was also moved. And I am still concerned that there is not enough time between the concert and the signing to safely move everyone from the theatre to the the autograph session.
However lets be realistic you are probably no more than 10 seats from where you were before, these are small sections and there's not a bad seat in the house! I had to think about it... do I want to pay the $10. extra or not, because the house is that nice. Do the math 4,000 tickets, in 43 sections averages to 83 seats per section arranged in a square thats 9x9... 10 seats, get over it.

#168 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostTomoe, on 12 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

While I understand that you are disappointed, you are not alone I was also moved. And I am still concerned that there is not enough time between the concert and the signing to safely move everyone from the theatre to the the autograph session.
However lets be realistic you are probably no more than 10 seats from where you were before, these are small sections and there's not a bad seat in the house! I had to think about it... do I want to pay the $10. extra or not, because the house is that nice. Do the math 4,000 tickets, in 43 sections averages to 83 seats per section arranged in a square thats 9x9... 10 seats, get over it.

I never thought I was alone in being moved, I know lots of people were moved. 10 seats may not seem like a lot to you but I am a REALLY big fan of Kalafina. I already saw them at Anime Expo two years ago, from the VERY front row. Keiko looked me straight in the eye and I was enraptured by her. I'm flying to Chicago from Los Angeles for the main reason of seeing Kalafina. They are the MAIN reason. I got a decent deal on airfare but I still spent $237, to see Kalafina. Anything else at the con is extra, and I will enjoy it.

I guess my issue here is that I work for a theme park renowned for it's world class customer service and I am so used to seeing that in action, and so to not get anything in compensation is foreign to me. I am also the kind of person who doesn't just lie back and accept it and say "Oh well" when something bad happens to me. I'm gonna try to turn that situation around into something positive. If not priority access for affected guests, how about something like a free Kalafina mini-poster for ALL concert goers, affected or not? Again it comes down to whether ACen cares about it's attendees or not. Even a small gesture would go a long way towards improving people's opinion of them.

#169 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9672

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Meanwhile it's 11:15 guys, no post on renewed sales yet!

#170 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm waiting on the final word to post! Please hang in there! I'll do my best to keep jumping around all these topics everywhere.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#171 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 12 April 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm waiting on the final word to post! Please hang in there! I'll do my best to keep jumping around all these topics everywhere.

I hope I'm not out at my appointment, (which I initially scheduled around the original on sale date) when you make the announcement and the ticket sales go live again. I've already missed the first, extremely limited opportunity for tickets and hope to be able to purchase that one single ticket as soon as the site goes up. I'm just hoping it won't be ill-timed. I also have to leave for Los Angeles at 3pm Pacific, and then will be completely unable to purchase tickets until midnight.

So far, everything as been against my luck to even get one ticket, as close as possible to the stage.

This post has been edited by Asphyxia: 12 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

#172 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

We will be relaunching noon on Saturday, to give everyone a little breathing space and to know when they go back up. Thanks for your patience everyone!

M.A.P.S. Director

#173 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't know if this question has been answered or not, but...how can we tell which seats we get? I know the section we were placed into, but it isn't clear about which section of seats (I think it goes A through J?) we are in. Is there someway to tell or is it first come first serve as far as picking up our tickets from the box office?
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#174 User is online   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I never thought I was alone in being moved, I know lots of people were moved. 10 seats may not seem like a lot to you but I am a REALLY big fan of Kalafina. I already saw them at Anime Expo two years ago, from the VERY front row. Keiko looked me straight in the eye and I was enraptured by her. I'm flying to Chicago from Los Angeles for the main reason of seeing Kalafina. They are the MAIN reason. I got a decent deal on airfare but I still spent $237, to see Kalafina. Anything else at the con is extra, and I will enjoy it.

I guess my issue here is that I work for a theme park renowned for it's world class customer service and I am so used to seeing that in action, and so to not get anything in compensation is foreign to me. I am also the kind of person who doesn't just lie back and accept it and say "Oh well" when something bad happens to me. I'm gonna try to turn that situation around into something positive. If not priority access for affected guests, how about something like a free Kalafina mini-poster for ALL concert goers, affected or not? Again it comes down to whether ACen cares about it's attendees or not. Even a small gesture would go a long way towards improving people's opinion of them.

So I highlighted the important and relivent. Full badge $55. Premium seating $30. So far, plenty cheaper. Its not that ACen cares less about the attendees, its that they care. The only reason there is a cost is to offset the venue and artists expenses. Keep in mind that these fine people are mostly volunteer

This post has been edited by S1NN3R: 13 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Contact Me

#175 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 12 April 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I don't know if this question has been answered or not, but...how can we tell which seats we get? I know the section we were placed into, but it isn't clear about which section of seats (I think it goes A through J?) we are in. Is there someway to tell or is it first come first serve as far as picking up our tickets from the box office?

I think it was mentioned offhand somewhere that we won't find out our exact seats until we pick them up at the box office. I'd like to know that too re; if our seats are going to be pre-assigned based on when we ordered, or if it'll be based on when we pick them up. I really hope it's the former. The latter is rather unfair to people coming from further away than the Chicago area.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#176 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postacidtreat101, on 12 April 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Now I don't like confrontations, but what kinda irked me was what you said. It's like a slap in the face saying that the rest of us aren't really big fans of Kalafina, when I'm sure most of us (including myself) really are huge fans. It's really great that you got to see them in concert back at Anime Expo 2011, and that you got to see them in front row (with Keiko looking you in the eye as you say). But for the rest of us, it's our FIRST time seeing them, and I'm sure most of us are from the Chicago area as well. I mean, it is upsetting that this happened, but for those who have been moved from section 103 (including myself) are still placed in the front sections anyway. Heck, might even be a better chance at sitting near the front row, too. So I really don't understand what the complaint is about, 'cuz you already got to see them and up close for that matter. I mean, I could have gone to see them at Anime Expo 2011, but I didn't have that kind of money to spend to travel there back then.

And speaking of FIRSTS, this is ACen's FIRST time to do this sort of thing. All concerts from previous years has always taken place in the Hyatt's grand ballroom, and they were all free. (They still have a free concert with another musical guest this year though).

And like, S1NN3R said, only reason there is a cost for the tickets is to offset the venue expenses. And ACen is mostly (if not all) made of volunteers. So really, cut them some slack. When things are done for the first time, things might not always go right.

#177 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

@acidtreat: I do have to admit, I kind of agree with Emoon here in that I don't like the implication that the rest of us aren't big enough Kalafina fans or something. Plus I'm not exactly sure why someone would feel bad for you for not getting to see Kalafina with amazing front row seats for a second time in a row when a lot of us, myself included, never had the chance before now. I can't afford Expo and I may never be able to go to it, no matter what guests show up. I agree with your arguments quite a bit, but I feel like essentially bragging about your previous concert experience is going to give your argument the opposite effect of what you want. Most people are going to look at that post and ignore your valid points and just see "ugh, quit bragging about the AX concert! Why should I care that you got jilted from the best section this time when you've already seen them with front row seats?!"

Just a thought.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#178 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

The seats are assigned so its not first come first serve at the box office, and they are assigned by timestamp.

M.A.P.S. Director

#179 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Look I will say that I am sorry for making it seem like you guys aren't big Kalafina fans. But I wont apologize for asking for some compensation for a situation that was(to me at least) foreseeable and really impacts badly on ACen. I think they should do something for us affected people. I don't know why you guys want to just lay back and accept the bad things without at least wanting some kind of compensation.

#180 User is online   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would like to clarify my earlier post. It was late, and I was awaken by the alerts on my phone when I responded.

I'm flying to Chicago from Los Angeles for the main reason of seeing Kalafina. They are the MAIN reason. I got a decent deal on airfare but I still spent $237, to see Kalafina. Anything else at the con is extra, and I will enjoy it.

A Full badge is $55, and premium seating was/is $30. These expenses are the same for anyone and everyone attending this event. Kalafina's concerts range from ¥6,300 - ¥12,800 (roughly $64 - $130) per seat. In that aspect, we get awesome pricing. Travel expenses are at the cost of the attendee - for any event. Yes it sucks that for some it's higher than others, but it is up to the persons making the arrangements to choose what is best for themselves. For me, its British Airways at the low price of £470 (about $722). And trust me, that is a deal. This is why I've felt that the first comment was unjust.

As I've stated in the earlier post: it's not that ACen doesn't care about the attendees, it's that they care (in some cases they care too much). The only reason there is a cost at all, is to offset the venue and artists expenses. As for the poster idea, it would be great - as an attendee. Realistically though, not cost effective on the marketing side. The people who run Anime Central are indeed mostly volunteers. Unlike a full-time/ part-time job, they don't get paid to be polite, and for those who do receive funds, it's very little compensation for the amount of work they do. Despite this, the staff are providing the best services they can while they are polite and respectful to us - the attendees.

I too, have been moved from the section I requested. I understand why some are upset. In the sixteen years of this convention, this is the first event of its kind and size. Hopefuly, with the lessons learned, it will be the first of many.

Contact Me

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users