• This topic is locked

Japanese Band: Kalafina Kalafina to perform at Anime Central 2013

#121 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Got ours too. We were trying on the best computer in the house to get it, and ended up ordering on one of the laptops, lol. It just didn't want to load up for some reason. >.< Either way, we got section 103 (we hope). Does anyone know any way to check and see which seats we get? We hoped to get front row center, but with all of the issues, I think we're probably further back than front row. x_x.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#122 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I don't think you can know exactly which seats until you pick up the tickets at con, but I was told to email registration@ACen.org if you have any questions about your tickets. :)
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#123 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9672

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Looks like the whole site is down now, other than forums

#124 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks!~ <3 I'll keep that in mind. There's an invoice thing that we received and a confirmation number, so I hope it's alright. They charged me the full $90 for three tickets so I'm assuming that meant that there were no issues with our login names.
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."

#125 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Had a thought, why not have autograph sessions held for the people who bought tickets for the concert, or at least give them preferential treatment for autographs because if the autograph session is an hour after the concert is over, people will have been lining up long before the concert folks get back the convention.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#126 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

I agree with Taiyaki, it should be first come for the concert attending folk, it wouldn't be very fair for people who didn't actually pay to get first dibs on the signing...
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#127 User is offline   ToraRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4859

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

So what happens then for those of us who want to get kalafina's autograph and couldn't get tickets before the server crashed because we had jobs, school, etc that didn't allow us to? We were willing to pay, but since we may only get to see kalafina at the autograph session, why should we be pushed aside for those who paid and went to the concert? That doesn't seem fair at all. I really hope they don't do some preferential thing like that. I could see that causing a huge uproar.

(here's to hoping there are still tickets left when the site goes back up)

#128 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

There are still tickets to buy when the server gets back up. So buy them then. Real concerts in the real, cold, harsh, unfair world work like that and even then majority of people who go don't get to see the performers at all.

Because it's unfair for concert goers to miss their chance because they WENT to the concert. There is no middle ground on this. Someone's going to be upset by it.
The Oni of Taiyaki

#129 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Real concerts in the real, cold, harsh, unfair world work like that and even then majority of people who go don't get to see the performers at all.

It's sad but true, I feel for the others but you will be hard pressed to explain why those who battled through and got (and paid for) tickets should be excluded from any possibility of getting autographs because they were at the show and couldn’t get in line soon enough to get an autograph. Can you envision the mad dash through traffic down River road after the concert? Oh the humanity. Please ACen, explain?

#130 User is offline   Lance 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10512

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostToraRaven, on 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

So what happens then for those of us who want to get kalafina's autograph and couldn't get tickets before the server crashed because we had jobs, school, etc that didn't allow us to? We were willing to pay, but since we may only get to see kalafina at the autograph session, why should we be pushed aside for those who paid and went to the concert? That doesn't seem fair at all. I really hope they don't do some preferential thing like that. I could see that causing a huge uproar.

(here's to hoping there are still tickets left when the site goes back up)

The only thing not giving ticket holders first access to the signing will do is lessen the chance of people being willing to pay extra money in the future.

What makes non-ticket holders more special than people that paid with actual money to see them? If you can't get it together enough to get tickets between now and the con (excluding the current downtime) you must not have wanted to see them that badly. Them's the breaks.

Probably the "fairest" way to do it would be two sessions. One for concert ticket holders, and one for everyone else.

Tomoe- it wouldn't just be a mad dash down River Rd. It'd be a mad dash to cars/rooms/friends to get bags that will inevitably not be allowed.

#131 User is offline   Nakigahara 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59253

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Has the autograph session been confirmed to be 1 hour after the concert?

#132 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

That was ridiculous, it nearly made me miss class, and if section 103 is overbooked and I don't actually get in, I will be FURIOUS.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#133 User is offline   virus86 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62163

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Does the system even cross check if user have more than one ticket? My friends ordered the tickets for my group and there are no usernames on the invoice.

#134 User is offline   Secretsof2113 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59483

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 11 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

That was ridiculous, it nearly made me miss class, and if section 103 is overbooked and I don't actually get in, I will be FURIOUS.

If it gets overbooked, I'm gonna be pissed. But typically selection areas like that can tell if the section is sold out, so I'm hoping they didn't screw up THAT badly. When buying the tickets, it did ask for both my and my fiancé;s usernames, so I think everything went through okay. I bought for section 103 as well.
ACen 2014 cosplays!
Rainbow Dash (fullsuit)-My Little Pony

#135 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Guess what? It got overbooked. Nothing can ever go right for ACen, can it? This convention is a joke at this point.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#136 User is offline   Asphyxia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63427

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

An explanation regarding the overbooking.

http://www.ACen.org/...ost__p__1101976

#137 User is offline   Secretsof2113 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59483

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Guess what? It got overbooked. Nothing can ever go right for ACen, can it? This convention is a joke at this point.

What section did you end up getting moved to? They threw me over in section 102 now.
ACen 2014 cosplays!
Rainbow Dash (fullsuit)-My Little Pony

#138 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

I got my tickets early this afternoon. I was really worried though and I am glad I made it before the site went down. I am in the balcony since I didn't want to have to stand the whole time. Maybe we should do a meetup before the concert? Who is in with me?
-Liana Ilia

#139 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

There isn't any stand space in the Rosemont theater, it's all seated.
The Oni of Taiyaki

#140 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostSecretsof2113, on 11 April 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

What section did you end up getting moved to? They threw me over in section 102 now.

I got into 104. I'm pretty happy with that, actually. I was pretty scared of getting stuck in 101 or 105, I really hate sidestage seats.

But just. That this happened is really pretty gross imo. ACen, you're a high profile convention. You need to have your act together when it comes to this sort of thing. Site downtime is understandable, but the overbooking thing is not.

This post has been edited by feuerwerke: 11 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#141 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 11 April 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

I got into 104. I'm pretty happy with that, actually. I was pretty scared of getting stuck in 101 or 105, I really hate sidestage seats.

But just. That this happened is really pretty gross imo. ACen, you're a high profile convention. You need to have your act together when it comes to this sort of thing. Site downtime is understandable, but the overbooking thing is not.

How do you know which section you were seated in? o.o?

#142 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

We were sent emails with confirmations of what sections we got once they sorted the mess out. I definitely appreciate how much effort ACen staff is putting into correcting the situation, as irritated as I am that it even happened.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#143 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ah, thank you so much! I got the person who ordered our tickets to check her email inbox for the email. Section 104 for us. >o< The question I now have is how up-front are our tickets? Is it based on how soon we get to the box office?

#144 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 11 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

We were sent emails with confirmations of what sections we got once they sorted the mess out. I definitely appreciate how much effort ACen staff is putting into correcting the situation, as irritated as I am that it even happened.

I got an email stating 102 which will be fine but It appeared very generic, and I'm really not sure if that's directed at me (personally) or if it is just a blanket statement that some of 103 is now 102

#145 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostTomoe, on 11 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

I got an email stating 102 which will be fine but It appeared very generic, and I'm really not sure if that's directed at me (personally) or if it is just a blanket statement that some of 103 is now 102

It is customized for members of a particular section that were sent to a particular section.
So it is for you, but with the volume of emails our team is processing, I do admit, they look a bit generic. Posted ImagePosted Image Sorry
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#146 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm definitely eager to find out exactly which seats we'll be getting. I know you guys are all super swamped with sorting the current mess out as it is, but do you have any idea about when we'll know what seats we got? I don't need anything super specific, I'm mostly just wondering if we're going to find out before we pick up our physical tickets at the theater or not (and if not that's totally okay).
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#147 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ugh, I got moved from 103, to 102, I suppose it could be worse, but yeaaah...I would have liked to think that they had that set up in advance, but honestly, I was worried.

Well, at least we didn't pay for close seats and then get stuck in the back though.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#148 User is offline   Lance 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10512

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Just got confirmation from Phillip on FB saying that you need to reply to that email with the usernames of the people you bought tickets with. I've done so, but I haven't gotten any confirmation of that yet, though I presume that won't come until after they've manually fitted us in.

Just commenting here to make clear for people that were confused. That email is kind of hastily written. (for obvious reasons)

This post has been edited by Lance: 11 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

#149 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I heard back alreayd, I replied to the e-mail. I imagine it will take them time to get through, but yeah, they see it that way
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#150 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 11 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I heard back alreayd, I replied to the e-mail. I imagine it will take them time to get through, but yeah, they see it that way

Did you hear back with seats? or just section?

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users