• This topic is locked

Japanese Band: Kalafina Kalafina to perform at Anime Central 2013

#1 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Anime Central is pleased to announce Kalafina will be performing on the first night of the convention, May 17, 2013, at the Rosemont Theatre. This performance will be Kalafina's first full band performance in the U.S., and Anime Central is excited to bring this unique treat to U.S. fans.

Kalafina is a Japanese female vocal trio produced by the hit-making sound producer, Yuki Kajiura. Keiko, Wakana, and Hikaru, the members of Kalafina, have voices that perfectly match the music composed by Kajiura. Each member takes the main vocal in turn, with alternating backing vocals and part variations, and their beautiful harmony captivates the audience to lead them into the world of Kalafina's mystical music.

Kalafina made their spectacular debut on January 23, 2008 with "Oblivious," and the remarkable accomplishment of charting three singles in a row on the Oricon Top 10 Weekly Singles Chart with their second single, "Sprinter/ARIA," and their third single, "Fairytale." All three of these songs are used as the theme for the anime series, "Kara no Kyoukai - Garden of Sinners." This anime changed the history of single theater showings and became a megahit with cumulative DVD sales of over 600 thousand copies.

Their first album, "Seventh Heaven," which could be portrayed as a homage to "Kara no Kyoukai -- Garden of Sinners," was released in March 2009. This album made a sensational debut at #8 on the Oricon Weekly Album Charts. Released simultaneously was their fourth single, "Lacrimosa," which was used as the ending theme for the hit anime "Kuroshitsuji -- Black Butler." Consecutively collaborating with such hit animes, Kalafina's sound has established true compatibility with the atmospheres created within these animes.

Kalafina consecutively released their fifth and sixth singles, "Storia" and "Progressive," and their seventh single, "Hikari no Senritsu," released in January 2010, debuted at #7 on the Oricon Weekly Singles Chart. Kalafina's seven singles since their debut had all charted within the Top 15 in a row on the Oricon Charts, which was a tremendous accomplishment. Their second album, "Red Moon," was released on March 17, 2010 and charted at #5 on the Oricon Chart.

Kalafina's 3rd album "After Eden" was released on September 21, 2011, and charted at #3 on the Oricon Chart. Same entitled nationwide tour drew approx. 14,000 attendees in total, and this shows how much solid reputation Kalafina is earning.

The following singles "Kagayaku Sorano Shijimaniwa", "Magia", "to the beginning" and "Hikarifuru" had been used as the theme songs of hit animes such as "Black Butler II", "PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA" and "Fate/Zero". With this powerful tie-in and the fan-base they have established through their performance, they are enjoying increased popularity in Japan and abroad alike.

Ticketing information will be released on the official web site and will only be open to those who have already purchased admission to Anime Central 2013.

The Rosemont Theatre is located just across the street from Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, well within walking distance of all of Anime Central's activities. Transportation for those with physical disabilities will be available. Please see Special Needs if you require assistance.

See the official post at http://www.acen.org/content/kalafina.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#2 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh
I think I am gonna have a heart attack!! I own all of their currently released CDs and know all of the songs by heart!
Oh gosh, thank you to whoever booked them! They are gonna be a great hit!
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#3 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I DIED. This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#4 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

You...you guys... you actually read my request... OMG I LOVE YOU ALL!
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#5 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

quick questions

Any word what time on friday the concert would take place?
and
Any word on ticket prices for con goers and non con goers?
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#6 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'm curious as to where on the ACen site the ticket sales will pop up.

Will it be under the "Musical Guests" tab or under the "Events" tab?
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#7 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Though I'm not a huge fan of theirs, I have to say this is AMAZING for ACen to be able to bring them!! Especially at the Akoo theater!
I'll see if I can catch the performance.
Fantastic work as always Ken!
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#8 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

View Postlinlindesu, on 23 January 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

quick questions

Any word what time on friday the concert would take place?
and
Any word on ticket prices for con goers and non con goers?

The concert will take place in the late evening - probably something like an 8pm start time. Only ACen badge holders will be able to acquire tickets for the concert, and you must have a badge before you can get Kalafina tickets. I have not yet set the price(s) of the tickets as I'm just looking to offset the additional venue costs, and those costs are not entirely known at this point.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#9 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm curious as to where on the ACen site the ticket sales will pop up.

Will it be under the "Musical Guests" tab or under the "Events" tab?

The actual ticket sales will be a cart item sold like ACen's badges, Crystal Ball tickets, and last year's lolita tea party. You will need an account and a 2013 badge to acquire tickets - one ticket per badge. To get tickets together, you will likely have to establish a group in the system to get multiple tickets. These details are still being worked out, but we'll get that info to you as soon as possible. I will post it in as many places as possible, including social media.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#10 User is offline   nazrin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59738

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

If I'm press, will there be either press access to the concert or an easy way to buy tickets, given how I won't have a normal 2013 badge? I just want to double check long ahead of time.

#11 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Ken, you are The Man.
I had a feeling.
My excitement is beyond words. Thank you!
ACen Mascot Artist

#12 User is offline   ChibiAnime6 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59013

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I will lurk here and keep an eye on news for ticket info.

I plan to buy a single-day badge (for friday) because really the only thing I want to do at ACen is see Kalafina. Will I be able to buy a Kalafina ticket with just a single-day badge?

Thanks for your time.

This post has been edited by ChibiAnime6: 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

#13 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostChibiAnime6, on 23 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

I will lurk here and keep an eye on news for ticket info.

I plan to buy a single-day badge (for friday) because really the only thing I want to do at ACen is see Kalafina. Will I be able to buy a Kalafina ticket with just a single-day badge?

Thanks for your time.

In theory, a single day Friday badge is all that is required to purchase a ticket to the concert. However, single day badges are not available for sale prior to the convention. If, and this is a big if, tickets are not sold out by the Thursday before the convention when at-con registration opens, then there should be some way to purchase the remaining tickets at that time.

Please also keep in mind that this concert will have assigned seating, just like any concert at the Rosemont Theatre. At the time of purchase, you will select your seat(s) from the available unsold seats.

View Postnazrin, on 23 January 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

If I'm press, will there be either press access to the concert or an easy way to buy tickets, given how I won't have a normal 2013 badge? I just want to double check long ahead of time.

I will speak with the Press manager about how to handle this.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#14 User is offline   Nakigahara 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59253

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Not sure if you can answer this yet but I have a question about group tickets. Let's say that my friend and I have already ordered our badges as separate orders (not in a group). Will we be able to order group concert tickets even though we bought our badges separately?

#15 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9672

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thank you Ken and all for this, truly EPIC!

#16 User is offline   Lance 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10512

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

aaaaaaa this is awesome! Definitely interested in a way to do group tickets for non-group badges (or a way to make a group of people after registration is complete). I'd hate to get split up from the people I'd go to the con with for the concert over a thing like that.

#17 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Very pumped for this. cannot wait til tickets go on sale!!! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#18 User is offline   AnimeFantasy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18160

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Drat.... 4 months just got a WHOLE lot longer.

A+ Job ACen. 2013 going to rock.

#19 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostNakigahara, on 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Not sure if you can answer this yet but I have a question about group tickets. Let's say that my friend and I have already ordered our badges as separate orders (not in a group). Will we be able to order group concert tickets even though we bought our badges separately?

I was told that there is a way to create a group in the registration system after weekend badges are purchased. I will double check those details this weekend and post my findings.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#20 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

YESSSSS.

These tickets could be $100 and I'd still buy them.
ACen 2015 cosplay:
Oktavia von Seckendorff (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 0% (planning stages)
Fem!Slenderman - 30%
Shirahoshi Hime (One Piece) - 50%

#21 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I am soooo freaking excited! It's good to know there's a chance we can still get tickets with people in separate orders. Cause I know of at least two or three other people that are wanting to get tickets that I want to be next to...
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#22 User is offline   nyanderful 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59140

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

What about those of us who get panelist badges? Will we still be able to get this tickets with everyone else, we were instructed not to buy a badge if we are getting a comp badge, but don't get the badge till we arrive at the convention.

#23 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postnyanderful, on 25 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

What about those of us who get panelist badges? Will we still be able to get this tickets with everyone else, we were instructed not to buy a badge if we are getting a comp badge, but don't get the badge till we arrive at the convention.

I've gotten this question a couple times now. If you are receiving a press, panelist or other badge that is not for purchase, you must ensure that you have a acen.org account and that your badge is tied to your account. Once ticket sales open for the concert, you will be able to purchase a ticket on your acen.org account as long as a badge is already on that account. Please speak with your ACen contact to ensure that setup.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#24 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 25 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I've gotten this question a couple times now. If you are receiving a press, panelist or other badge that is not for purchase, you must ensure that you have a ACen.org account and that your badge is tied to your account. Once ticket sales open for the concert, you will be able to purchase a ticket on your ACen.org account as long as a badge is already on that account. Please speak with your ACen contact to ensure that setup.

Just so that I understand correctly: if we have a panelist /press/insert badge here, as long as we have a badge on our account, we can simply log into our accounts on ACen.org, and purchase tickets through there. Is this correct? :)/> I just want to make sure so i have everything right--since I've never had a different kind of badge before or have bought tickets in the past like for like the Crystal Ball or something.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#25 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Just so that I understand correctly: if we have a panelist /press/insert badge here, as long as we have a badge on our account, we can simply log into our accounts on ACen.org, and purchase tickets through there. Is this correct? :)/>/> I just want to make sure so i have everything right--since I've never had a different kind of badge before or have bought tickets in the past like for like the Crystal Ball or something.

That is my understanding of how the online purchase system works. If I am somehow incorrect on this, and a different procedure needs to be followed, I will make sure that information is well disseminated prior to ticket sale open.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#26 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 25 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

That is my understanding of how the online purchase system works. If I am somehow incorrect on this, and a different procedure needs to be followed, I will make sure that information is well disseminated prior to ticket sale open.

Awesome! Thank you much Ken and for all your hard work! :) :) :)

#27 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

This is basically the best news ever. I just pray I'll be able to afford my ACen badge in the first place before ticket sales go up.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#28 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Is there an ETA on when we can expect an announcement for ticket sales? I understand that some wicked math skills need to go on before this is possible; I was just curious if we are looking closer to say, March/April, instead of February.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#29 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 28 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Is there an ETA on when we can expect an announcement for ticket sales? I understand that some wicked math skills need to go on before this is possible; I was just curious if we are looking closer to say, March/April, instead of February.

I am targeting February for the open of ticket sales, probably at the end of the month. We still need to input all the seats into our online order system and settle the non-purchased badge linking.

No matter what, I will give at least a week notice before tickets go on sale once I know the date. I will likely announce ticket prices before Valentine's Day.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#30 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

JAYSUS.

Any idea on what staff will have to do to get tickets?

Thanks!
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users