Anime Central Forums: The ACen CoStudio! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The ACen CoStudio! A big space where we will be running Worshops and people can work on..

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Special announcement from Anime Central's Masquerade department! Here's what I've been working really hard on the past couple of months: The ACen CoStudio!

For the first time ever, Anime Central will be introducing a cosplay studio/workshop! What is a cosplay studio/workshop you ask? It is a big area where people can come in and work on their costumes so that they don't have to bother their roommates or be cramped in a hotel room. Oh, and the best part? We will be running workshop panels throughout the weekend. We will show you hands on and in person how to do things! Not to mention you'll be able to do some of it yourself! There will be panels being run by our special cosplay guest, who has not been announced yet, but I promise they have a lot to offer, our wonderful judges and myself.

We are looking for other panelist as well! We are working with panel programming and for those selected, you will be receiving a panelist badge. Priority goes to judges and participants in the ACen masquerade. All panels have to be approved. Please send inquiries to jessie.pridemore@gmail.com with the title "ACen CoStudio". Explain the workshop you would like to do and credentials. Give us examples of your work. How much experience you have with it. If you know anyone who is willing to donate materials or if you are willing to loan equipment to us, please let us also know that!

Craft on!
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

THIS IS THE BEST THING. This will really make cosplay malfunctions a lot easier to handle.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was confused at first since the sub headline read like this.

The ACen CoStudio! A big space where we will be running Worshops and people can work on..

I thought it read "worship" and said to myself, "dang, are they running prayer service at ACen now?"

Makes a lot more sense now. :D
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#4 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm really excited for this! I hope there will be a panel for props, that's an area I really need to improve in...or a panel for armor (foam or otherwise...)
Possible ACen 2015 Plans
Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 10%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#5 User is offline   pyrrhicvictini 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62808

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Oh man, this would definitely be useful. You will probably see me at a panel/workshop!
Cosplays
  • White Mage
  • Chell
  • Leafeon Gijinka

Panelist for The Cultures Behind Avatar: The Last Airbender & Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming
If you'd enjoy some educational panels, be sure to check us out!

#6 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hey guys! Sorry we've bee quiet, I swear we've been busy! Here's an official page for the ACen CoStudio! We'll be making a neat announcement soon too!

Full Workshop Schedule, Descriptions and Rules can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/ACenCoStudio

#7 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

umm is this open thursday bc i would liketo make tres iqus guns and shoulder armoer idc how it is just make it look nice sine im new on cosplaymakng and im working on my 1st cosplay this year which is shugo kunasaki and will need help

#8 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

to hiro what wrong with aorship ACen needs ALOT of prayer i for one think there needs to be a worship prayer rally at ACen

#9 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

View Postravenfinch, on 18 April 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

to hiro what wrong with aorship ACen needs ALOT of prayer i for one think there needs to be a worship prayer rally at ACen

...take that talk someone else.

It's really hard to understand anything you type, but no, it will not be open on Thursday.

#10 User is offline   AkaRisu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63327

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Is it too late to add my panels to this? I am running 4 panels related to cosplay (Wigs 101, Cosplay on a budget (mostly SFX makeup stuff), Completing the Character (SFX makeup stuff) and Gender in Cosplay)

#11 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostAkaRisu, on 24 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Is it too late to add my panels to this? I am running 4 panels related to cosplay (Wigs 101, Cosplay on a budget (mostly SFX makeup stuff), Completing the Character (SFX makeup stuff) and Gender in Cosplay)

I'm very sorry, we are full and the schedule was submitted under the deadline.

#12 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

By chance, due to my panel falling into the timeframe where I can't make it to panels that I would like, do you know if any of the hosts of the various cosplay panels would be around the studio for people to ask them questions if they missed the panel?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#13 User is offline   AkaRisu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63327

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostThatOneChick, on 25 April 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I'm very sorry, we are full and the schedule was submitted under the deadline.

I already have my times/locations on the big schedule...I guess I was just wondering if there is a list or something saying which panels are cosplay-related. No problem though :)

This post has been edited by AkaRisu: 25 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

#14 User is offline   thearrowpen 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63859

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Back from ACen, and I spent most of my weekend in the CoStudio! Or at least it felt that way. Some thoughts/suggestions for future years:

1. it was freezing, and I was in cosplay all weekend. Did anyone else feel this way, or am I just sensitive?

2. the setup needs some work. Having people working on projects at the same time that panelists are presenting doesn't work, especially when there are sewing machines and heat guns running. Apparently there was a guy doing leatherwork during one panel.

3. the projector screens were also placed kind of unfortunately -- I felt like I could sit so as to see either the presenter or the screen, but not both. I think it was mostly because of those pillars. Can you take those down? Who needs structural integrity?? ;)

4. I'd love to see some times specifically set aside for workshopping, e.g. "The Wigging Hour" when everyone comes and works on their wigs, or an evening in which people bring dinner and a cosplay/project to work on. Or even just a "cosplay chat" hour or something. Cosplay is pretty much why I go to cons, so I just really want to see this continue so I can geek about cosplay as much as possible. :D I have a feeling this will happen naturally if the studio continues, so long as more sewing/styling equipment is available.

5. I heard that there was a lolita meet-and-swap on Friday evening when they all got together and had a big clothing exchange. Could we put something like this together for cosplays? More specifically, for fabric? I just saw a comment by a cosplayer on FB that the cosplay community needs a fabric bank of some sort -- what about having one at the CoStudio? Bring the fabric you don't want, and exchange or sell it for stuff you need.

Overall, great first year! I hereby volunteer to help staff the thing next year if you need people.

#15 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

1. We requested several times to have the air conditioner turned off. I'm sorry. We were freezing as well.

2. I've been thinking of ways that I can separate people working from workshops. A big issue was not all the panelists used the microphones and they didn't stretch very far.

3. We ended up angling them a little more. No one said anything anything, else I would have done it sooner.I'm pretty sure those pillars cannot be removed.

4. This is a good idea. thank you.

5. This is a fabulous idea. Thank you.

We can always use volunteers, it's an issue of whether or not we can get the badges.

#16 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

We were actually discussing bringing in a fabric swap/bank for next year. I'll even post up a picture of just how happy my husband would be to get rid of all the fabric in our house! It would be a great way for people to find that perfect unique piece they've been scouring for.

#17 User is offline   Ramen Cartel 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 24950

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postthearrowpen, on 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Back from ACen, and I spent most of my weekend in the CoStudio! Or at least it felt that way. Some thoughts/suggestions for future years:

1. it was freezing, and I was in cosplay all weekend. Did anyone else feel this way, or am I just sensitive?

2. the setup needs some work. Having people working on projects at the same time that panelists are presenting doesn't work, especially when there are sewing machines and heat guns running. Apparently there was a guy doing leatherwork during one panel.

3. the projector screens were also placed kind of unfortunately -- I felt like I could sit so as to see either the presenter or the screen, but not both. I think it was mostly because of those pillars. Can you take those down? Who needs structural integrity?? ;)/>

4. I'd love to see some times specifically set aside for workshopping, e.g. "The Wigging Hour" when everyone comes and works on their wigs, or an evening in which people bring dinner and a cosplay/project to work on. Or even just a "cosplay chat" hour or something. Cosplay is pretty much why I go to cons, so I just really want to see this continue so I can geek about cosplay as much as possible. :D/> I have a feeling this will happen naturally if the studio continues, so long as more sewing/styling equipment is available.

5. I heard that there was a lolita meet-and-swap on Friday evening when they all got together and had a big clothing exchange. Could we put something like this together for cosplays? More specifically, for fabric? I just saw a comment by a cosplayer on FB that the cosplay community needs a fabric bank of some sort -- what about having one at the CoStudio? Bring the fabric you don't want, and exchange or sell it for stuff you need.

Overall, great first year! I hereby volunteer to help staff the thing next year if you need people.

I am all for #4 and 5. A "Wigging Hour" would be fantastic, as perfecting all those last minute details in our hotel room was a nightmare this year. There were simply too many people visiting us.
ACen 2013 line-up:
Friday Shion Uzuki, Xenosaga
Saturday Ho-oh, Pokemon HeartGold Version
Sunday Shion Uzuki, Xenosaga

#18 User is offline   Ramen Cartel 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

The make-up panel presenter said she would post notes from her lecture online... somewhere. If someone could send me the link, I would be grateful. Want to know the brand names of the items she used.
ACen 2013 line-up:

#19 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostRamen Cartel, on 23 May 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

The make-up panel presenter said she would post notes from her lecture online... somewhere. If someone could send me the link, I would be grateful. Want to know the brand names of the items she used.

That's Rachael of LuckyGrim Cosplay :) She's at Anime Boston this weekend, but this is her facebook https://www.facebook...uckygrimcosplay if you want to ask her about it!
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#20 User is offline   Ramen Cartel 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostYandere Emi, on 23 May 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

That's Rachael of LuckyGrim Cosplay :)/>/> She's at Anime Boston this weekend, but this is her facebook https://www.facebook...uckygrimcosplay if you want to ask her about it!

Thank you, but the link seems to be broken...

This post has been edited by Ramen Cartel: 23 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

ACen 2013 line-up:

#21 User is offline   Ramen Cartel 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostRamen Cartel, on 23 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thank you, but the link seems to be broken...

Oh wait! I found it by searching her name. Thanks again!
ACen 2013 line-up:

#22 User is offline   RiddlerFotografia 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62386

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I hear of cosplay malfunctions all the time. This is nice to have, so people aren't embarrassed by running all the way back to their car/hotel room with a cosplay that broke apart or something...

Will this be in the dealer's hall area? Will this also be on the guide somewhere?

This post has been edited by RiddlerFotografia: 26 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

/* ACen 2014 Cosplays */
    Friday
  • T.K. {Digimon Season 2}

Unable to attend. Will have Digimon cosplay for Daishocon.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users