• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Yu Yu Hakusho 2013!

#31 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62886

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

To sum up shortly...YuYu Hakusho, game show style. (Thus my um, bad pun if you see the pun in the naming of the panel) This be part of the reason, part of the reason, I am dressing as Kuwabara (chibi, I'm not tall) and I convinced fellow friends to dress up with me as the whole gang. (Kurama, Hiei, Yusuke, Keiko and points to Botan up above)

So... *grins widely* Are you going to kick Urameshi's rear end? 'Cause that is a sight this Kuwabara DOES NOT wish to miss. ;) However, please do so when my sweet and darling Yukina-chan is not near. A man must be attentive when their love is near.

Hosting the YuYu Hakusho panel, woot woot! Check it. The Haku Show. Friday at 10 o'clock sharp ladies and gents. :D

Cosplays to catch me in:
Chibi Kuwabara *points to self* Not. Tall.
One of my six outfits for Ouran's Haruhi.
And lastly...cosplaying myself. Heee. ^_^

#32 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

... *bursts out laughing* I'm actually kind of sad that I'm not coming as Yukina this year. You know how long it's been since I've seen a Kuwabara?! T_T. But...I do have Genkai...*evil grin* I'm not opposed to teaching that slacker some manners. ;) Sounds like a blast! Can you explain some of the finer points, or would that be a spoiler?
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#33 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Do you know how long I've dressed as him now? (Um, let me see...since 2010...okay, only 5 times in that length of time) But it's now practically a nickname for me. >.< Haha. Actually one of the 5 times was at ACen during 2011 and I believe there was another one running around that year too.

Yeeeeees. Master Genkai is awesome. *daydreams of Yusuke getting teacups thrown at him and foot to face*

Ah, the spoilers would be in answering questions or telling the plotting of plans by various members. (And I swear they are leaving me in the dark on something...)
To the panel description...
"Welcome to the game where it doesn’t matter who you are! A diehard lover of YuYu Hakusho or eyes of the curious. The Spirit Detectives will entertain all with their antics among their fellow teammates, as they had out silly missions, challenges, and trivia to the contestants."

General gameplay is introductions of all of us and rules of the game(of course). Then we move onto choosing contestants who, their goal is in competing each other to be able to answer the question on behalf of their team. We have two sets of people playing against each other. Each person is competing to 'be us' (The YuYu Hakusho gang) and to help get their whole team to win. If a player does not answer correctly for their team, BA! People from the audience have the chance to answer and take their spot! ;) Keeping everybody on their toes. Contestants thrown back into the audience are able to jump back in through the same way though, which was hilarious on a previous one. (The contestant competing to become Hiei, even dressed as Hiei, jumped back into the game when a Kuwabara got the question wrong, thus was then competing to become Kuwabara)

Sooooo... Yep. Questions, answers, plots, schemes, and our character actions and whatnot are not included. Um, I'm excited about it, can you tell? Hahaha. I ought to be as I get to be game show host Kuwabara. ;P For once I win over Urameshi.

Hosting the YuYu Hakusho panel, woot woot! Check it. The Haku Show. Friday at 10 o'clock sharp ladies and gents. :D

Cosplays to catch me in:

#34 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9715

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

O.o I want everyone in this thread to go to the game show panel and dress as their yyh characters. I want more photoshoots. With you guys!

This post has been edited by Fire Claimer: 19 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

2015:
Hikaru Shidou (Final Armor)- Magic Knights Rayearth (70%)
Emerald Sustrai - RWBY (98%)
Korra (Original Ver) - Legend of Korra (50%)
Raava - Legend of Korra (0%)

#35 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostSilverwing013, on 19 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Do you know how long I've dressed as him now? (Um, let me see...since 2010...okay, only 5 times in that length of time) But it's now practically a nickname for me. >.< Haha. Actually one of the 5 times was at ACen during 2011 and I believe there was another one running around that year too.

Yeeeeees. Master Genkai is awesome. *daydreams of Yusuke getting teacups thrown at him and foot to face*

Ah, the spoilers would be in answering questions or telling the plotting of plans by various members. (And I swear they are leaving me in the dark on something...)
To the panel description...
"Welcome to the game where it doesn’t matter who you are! A diehard lover of YuYu Hakusho or eyes of the curious. The Spirit Detectives will entertain all with their antics among their fellow teammates, as they had out silly missions, challenges, and trivia to the contestants."

General gameplay is introductions of all of us and rules of the game(of course). Then we move onto choosing contestants who, their goal is in competing each other to be able to answer the question on behalf of their team. We have two sets of people playing against each other. Each person is competing to 'be us' (The YuYu Hakusho gang) and to help get their whole team to win. If a player does not answer correctly for their team, BA! People from the audience have the chance to answer and take their spot! ;)/> Keeping everybody on their toes. Contestants thrown back into the audience are able to jump back in through the same way though, which was hilarious on a previous one. (The contestant competing to become Hiei, even dressed as Hiei, jumped back into the game when a Kuwabara got the question wrong, thus was then competing to become Kuwabara)

Sooooo... Yep. Questions, answers, plots, schemes, and our character actions and whatnot are not included. Um, I'm excited about it, can you tell? Hahaha. I ought to be as I get to be game show host Kuwabara. ;P For once I win over Urameshi.

This sounds like soo much fuuun. Now I neeeed to write out my schedule. XD I can't wait to goo wheeee
2015:

#36 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Also, are the questions YYH based? Oooor no answer? Just curious on if I need to brush up on my YYH :)
2015:

#37 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Looks like the photoshoot is on Saturday at the same time as my other so I won't be able to make it as this is my Friday costume so have fun for me, guys!
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#38 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Nu uhn. I don't know what is going on with the schedule (I pmed CactusMomma AGES ago with the information), but we are having this shoot on Friday at 2pm. There were a large number of spaces available to have the shoot in, so it doesn't look like it's going to be a problem shifting the time. There may be a couple of people show show up to the Saturday shoot, which I will try and accommodate both, but the main shoot will be on Friday at 2pm. Tentatively it is scheduled at dock C (http://i.imgur.com/iEj7clo.jpg) <- here's a map!). As for the 2pm Saturday shoot, if we can't get it eliminated, I'll show up, but I don't know how many people will actually attend. If there could be some sort of announcement at the panel you guys are running to let people know that it isn't a thing that's happening, would that be okay? >_< I'm just a little irritated that my message wasn't read and this mishap wasn't avoided.

Yu Yu Hakusho 2013 Photoshoot Sayuri-chan cactusmomma 0
25 March 2013 - 05:08 AM
By: Sayuri-chan (time stamp!...*sigh*) I was on it, I swear! ;_;
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."

#39 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 19 April 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Nu uhn. I don't know what is going on with the schedule (I pmed CactusMomma AGES ago with the information), but we are having this shoot on Friday at 2pm. There were a large number of spaces available to have the shoot in, so it doesn't look like it's going to be a problem shifting the time. There may be a couple of people show show up to the Saturday shoot, which I will try and accommodate both, but the main shoot will be on Friday at 2pm. Tentatively it is scheduled at dock C (http://i.imgur.com/iEj7clo.jpg) <- here's a map!). As for the 2pm Saturday shoot, if we can't get it eliminated, I'll show up, but I don't know how many people will actually attend. If there could be some sort of announcement at the panel you guys are running to let people know that it isn't a thing that's happening, would that be okay? >_< I'm just a little irritated that my message wasn't read and this mishap wasn't avoided.

Sweetheart, I utterly adore you. I will be at the proper shoot, then, and thank you. You're lovely.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#40 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

<3 Sankyuu~ And yeah, I'll spread the word too if I see any other YYH cosplayers as I'm meandering throughout the convention that Friday is the shoot day/time, hopefully it'll help avoid confusion. I realize there are a number of people who don't frequent the forums, but Cactus Momma said additional changes in the program book (to the shoot gatherings, I take it) will be posted at the Masquerade office.

#41 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

It's YuYu Hakusho. ;) Brush up on that.
(No, secretly go brush up on all cat knowledge and figure out what cat likes water. I kid, I kid!)

I don't necessarily mind if there you feel the need to announce at the end of panel, but I would think a) it can be switched and B) it should be announced by the host of the shoot if by anyone.

Haha, Fire Claimer sounds about as excited as I am in hosting it! :D

*runs off to go do dance moves*

Cosplays to catch me in:

#42 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think we broke down on communication here, lol. I just wondered if it was okay if you guys let whomever attends your panel know at the beginning or end, that the official shoot time is at 2pm on Friday, not Saturday. If not, that's okay. I know CactusMomma said that changes or updates to the shoot schedule would be up at the Masquerade office. Everything should be alright, but I wanted to let everyone know that the time and place that we decided on is going to stay valid. (Friday, 2pm). The place so far is Docks C. If anything else changes I'll let everyone know here.

#43 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 19 April 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Sayuri-Chan, I can cry, hug you, kiss you, and bake you cookies.

Thank you SOOOOO much for having the shoot Friday! I can now attend both shoots that I wanted to attend. <3 <3 <3 <3 *kisses your feet and the ground you walk upon*

THANK YOUUUUUU <3
*huggles*

This post has been edited by Fire Claimer: 19 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

2015:

#44 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62705

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hi! Fellow Yu Yu Hakasho fan here! ( I"m thinking of adding Koto or Botan for my ACen cosplay list for next year)

I'm running the Sailor Moon photoshoot on Saturday at 11am. I was wondering if any of you guys would be up for swapping photographers? ( I take a ton of pictures of the Yu Yu Hakasho shoot and upload them and someone take a bunch of pictures from the Sailor Moon photoshoot?) Just I know it can be frustrating to not find a ton of pictures of a photoshoot. Don't have to have a fancy camera or anything, just able to get some decent pictures. :)
ah looks like I might have a friend able to do it. But I'd still be up for a swap if someone wants to do it^_^

This post has been edited by Sailor Luna: 20 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

2014 Current Cosplay Couple plans:(days depending on photoshoots)
Koto and Yoko from Yu Yu Hakusho
Usagi( Purple anime dress) and Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon
Fluttershy and Big Mac from My Little Pooy
Flareon and Vaporeon ginka from Pokemon

2013 Cosplays :
Erika from Pokemon,: Sailor V and Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon

#45 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Swap? o.o? Not sure what you mean by that. I'll be Genkai, so I won't be able to take pictures personally, or if I am able to, it won't be many. I think the YYH panel described above is around that time on Friday, so I'm not sure how possible it will be. Thoughts?

#46 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 20 April 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Swap? o.o? Not sure what you mean by that. I'll be Genkai, so I won't be able to take pictures personally, or if I am able to, it won't be many. I think the YYH panel described above is around that time on Friday, so I'm not sure how possible it will be. Thoughts?
Swap as in I come to your photoshoot, take pictures during the time and then someone from the yu yu hakasho group comes to my sailor moon photoshoot on Saturday at 11 to take pictures.
So basically to insure the two groups (YYH and SM) get pictures uploaded/posted of their group.

2013 Cosplays :

#47 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ah, okay, I get it now. If someone is willing to from the posters above, I'm not opposed to it. Problem is there is going to be a YYH based panel this year around the time your shoot is going on. (rare!)

#48 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 20 April 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Ah, okay, I get it now. If someone is willing to from the posters above, I'm not opposed to it. Problem is there is going to be a YYH based panel this year around the time your shoot is going on. (rare!)

They have the panel schedule out?
ah I wasn't sure when the YYH panel was giong on.

2013 Cosplays :

#49 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostSailor Luna, on 20 April 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

They have the panel schedule out?
ah I wasn't sure when the YYH panel was giong on.

http://www.ACen.org/...38#entry1102438

Look at the first post. There is a link to the tentative schedule for panels this year :) (Oh, and be sure to check out ISA:CSY! /shameless plug)

#50 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 21 April 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

http://www.ACen.org/...38#entry1102438

Look at the first post. There is a link to the tentative schedule for panels this year :)/> (Oh, and be sure to check out ISA:CSY! /shameless plug)

ah okay cool. Alrighty then , well I'll try to stop by to take pictures for the photoshoot since I like YYH anyway :3

2013 Cosplays :

#51 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

<3 Awesome! Just wanted to let everyone know that something happened and it bought CactusMomma some time - all the updates to the schedule that were submitted in the past couple of days (i.e. the listing of our shoot from 2pm Saturday to 2pm Friday in our case) were placed in the program book in time for the printers! We won't have to worry about the second shoot and it all should be corrected in the program book to reflect that we just have one shoot at 2pm Friday. :D

#52 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yays! You are awesome. And CactusMomma needs some lovin' for updating it on the schedule.

Cosplays to catch me in:

#53 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Too true! I really think she should get her own department. I was looking at the list, and hoo boy, that had to take some mad organizational skills. o.o!

#54 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Getting excited. ;)

Is it really only four days until I get to see everyone?

Master Genkai, Botan, Kurama, Keiko, that troublemaker Urameshi...even the runt.

And... *squeals* Yukina!

=^_^=

Cosplays to catch me in:

#55 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Genkai is in the mail to my house, just waiting for me to unveil her. (This...actually sounds very dirty right now.) >.>

#56 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Heres some pics I took from the YYH shoot!
http://s112.photobuc...3?sort=3&page=1

2013 Cosplays :

#57 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Um...not to be complaining...but the only YuYu Hakusho picture I see is well...me and Eikichi in the Exhibit Hall.

I am super happy people came to such an early panel. >.< So early. But we had fun. Erm...not one has posted that um...video...erm... *cheeks turn red* I TOTALLY WON AGAINST URAMESHI OKAY!?!

*raises fist proudly*

I TOTALLY WON!

-Silverwing013

Cosplays to catch me in:

#58 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostSilverwing013, on 22 May 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Um...not to be complaining...but the only YuYu Hakusho picture I see is well...me and Eikichi in the Exhibit Hall.

I am super happy people came to such an early panel. >.< So early. But we had fun. Erm...not one has posted that um...video...erm... *cheeks turn red* I TOTALLY WON AGAINST URAMESHI OKAY!?!

*raises fist proudly*

I TOTALLY WON!

-Silverwing013

I've got a subalbum under ACen 2013 ,that is dedicated to Ghost in the Shell and Yu Yu Hakasho

2013 Cosplays :

#59 User is offline   Graphospasm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60344

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks so much for the photos! They look GREAT! :D

Question: Did anyone happen to snag a shot or two of Botan giving Hiei a piggyback ride? The incident transpired near the end of the shoot and I'd love to see evidence!
Cosplay:
--Carmen Sandiego--Velma Dinkley--Utena Tenjou--Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho--Teen Titan's Raven--Pinkie Pie

#60 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm an idiot. I found them.

And heehee... I really did look like I was about ready to cry. YES. I managed to hold face well for that picture!

And I swear I saw one of you and Hiei...but I can't remember where at. :(

Cosplays to catch me in:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users