Yu Yu Hakusho 2013!

#1 User is offline   Dr. Genius 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62997

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hey all!

Who else is going to be cosplaying as someone from YYH in a few months? The last few years I've been to ACen I've seen a few really wonderful cosplays here and there, but let's all get together!
I'm crossing my fingers that my Yukina cosplay will all come together before then. If there are enough of us, we should really consider scheduling a photoshoot, too!
ACen 2014 Cosplans:
Garnet/Dagger (FFIX)
Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
Nossan (Kyoryuger)
Mitsuki (Kyokai no Kanata)
?? (Studio Ghibli Genderbend)

#2 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostDr. Genius, on 16 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hey all!

Who else is going to be cosplaying as someone from YYH in a few months? The last few years I've been to ACen I've seen a few really wonderful cosplays here and there, but let's all get together!
I'm crossing my fingers that my Yukina cosplay will all come together before then. If there are enough of us, we should really consider scheduling a photoshoot, too!

I'll be there sporting my new Genkai costume. I've been cosplaying Yukina for a few years now so I'm looking for a fresh perspective. I'll be at the photoshoot as well. We usually have one. If we're looking for times and suggestions, Friday at 2pm or Saturday at 2pm is good. Usually less is going on and people are able to make it out.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Kurapika--HunterxHunter/100% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./10% complete
Current quote: "I think my brain is in the process of exploding. I'd stand back if I were you."
Current blurb: 雨雨降れ降れ、母ちゃんが。。。!! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#3 User is offline   Dr. Genius 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Saturday would work really well for me, too! How many people are usually there, in your past experiences?
ACen 2014 Cosplans:
Garnet/Dagger (FFIX)
Nossan (Kyoryuger)

#4 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62886

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hey! This looks awesome! I looked around on the ACen forums about a month or so ago for a topic post about YuYu Hakusho. I saw a past few, but not one for this year. A friend of mine messaged a link of this topic to me.

So...our group of friends gathering up at ACen up there... Okay, we have a Yusuke and a Keiko (who is the friend who sent me it). Then I convinced another to make a second return of Kurama. Another one will be Hiei. On top of these, I talked to and convinced one more to help us out, a friend I met at my last ACen trip two years ago, who is going to be Botan. Me? I'll be my all time anime favorite as Kuwabara...er, chibi Kuwabara, I'm not that tall.

The reason for all the convincing and may possibly excite some old fans of the show...we're requesting a panel. We'll see how that goes, but...I'm pretty much bringing the whole gang with me. ^_^/>

-Silverwing013

P.S. YUKINA-CHAAAAAN!!

Hosting the YuYu Hakusho panel, woot woot! Check it. The Haku Show. Friday at 10 o'clock sharp ladies and gents. :D

Cosplays to catch me in:
Chibi Kuwabara *points to self* Not. Tall.
One of my six outfits for Ouran's Haruhi.
And lastly...cosplaying myself. Heee. ^_^

#5 User is offline   Dr. Genius 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostSilverwing013, on 21 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Hey! This looks awesome! I looked around on the ACen forums about a month or so ago for a topic post about YuYu Hakusho. I saw a past few, but not one for this year. A friend of mine messaged a link of this topic to me.

So...our group of friends gathering up at ACen up there... Okay, we have a Yusuke and a Keiko (who is the friend who sent me it). Then I convinced another to make a second return of Kurama. Another one will be Hiei. On top of these, I talked to and convinced one more to help us out, a friend I met at my last ACen trip two years ago, who is going to be Botan. Me? I'll be my all time anime favorite as Kuwabara...er, chibi Kuwabara, I'm not that tall.

The reason for all the convincing and may possibly excite some old fans of the show...we're requesting a panel. We'll see how that goes, but...I'm pretty much bringing the whole gang with me. ^_^/>/>

-Silverwing013

P.S. YUKINA-CHAAAAAN!!

SILVERWING013 THIS IS SO EXCITING!!
So I'm a little embarrassed to admit that my life has revolved around YYH since last summer - involving YYH Facebook fan pages and rewatching the series - and the idea that we could get basically the whole cast together makes me so happy ;~;

You and your friends are THE BEST! And Sayuri-chan too, of course : D

We will absolutely HAVE HAVE HAVE to meet up! Also I guess we should figure out an official photoshoot time, huh? What do you guys think about Saturday afternoon?
ACen 2014 Cosplans:
Garnet/Dagger (FFIX)
Nossan (Kyoryuger)

#6 User is offline   ResplendentRi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 56306

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yes good YYH cosplayers!!

I'll be dressed as either Touya or Yusuke, with a friend dressed as Kurama. I'm so excited that it seems like there's going to be so many of us this year! Will the photoshoot be on Friday or on Saturday?
Plan for ACen 2013
Ethan Mars - Heavy Rain (alt. "God Tier"/Heir of Hope Ethan; Heavy Rain/Homestuck x-over)
Touya - Yu Yu Hakusho (possibly also Yusuke)
Genjyo Sanzo - Saiyuki Reload!

#7 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Both of those choices sound real good. Another Kurama? Nice. :) I know that if our panel goes through (cross fingers), that I will probably only dress that day. Whatever time is chosen, I'll most likely be there. Either dressed up or taking pictures.
Hosting the YuYu Hakusho panel, woot woot! Check it. The Haku Show. Friday at 10 o'clock sharp ladies and gents. :D

Cosplays to catch me in:

#8 User is offline   Dr. Genius 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

So I've never set up a photoshoot before - has anyone else gone about this or do I have to do something : x?

Also it's great to hear you'll be there with your friend in whatever you choose, ResplendentRi!

I'll be debuting my what's turned out to be an alternate color version of Yukina's outfit from the final episode this weekend (yellow dress and blue sweater instead of pink and black). Cutting the wig has been hell but I'm hoping it all comes together! By ACen I'm also hoping to have colored contacts, I started the process too late for the con I'm going to this weekend. But if all goes well I'll consider rewearing this for ACen!
ACen 2014 Cosplans:
Garnet/Dagger (FFIX)
Nossan (Kyoryuger)

#9 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Sorry for the belated response. Last year and in years past (been attending ACen for quite a few years now), the attendance has been pretty good - about 20 or 30 people with tons more actually gathering around and taking pictures. The only thing you have to do if you're organizing this years' shoot is contact CactusMomma (one of the DH's of Cosplay Gathering, I think, cause she has been in the past, you may wanna double check that info), and let her know that you'd like to have it published that the YYH photoshoot is going to take place on Saturday at 2pm (if that's what we're going with), in the Tree Patch area (or a different area if you'd like. The Tree Patch was an example. There are other places, and I can't remember off the top of my head what the area was called that we've been at typically for the past few years.)
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Kurapika--HunterxHunter/100% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./10% complete
Current quote: "I think my brain is in the process of exploding. I'd stand back if I were you."

#10 User is offline   Starlett-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8671

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

i'm sad i won't be cosing from yyh this year (i was a kurama last year!) but i will definitely be looking out for any and all yyh people!!! and hopefully i'll bring kurama back for next year!
2014 LIST
Judith -- Tales of Vesperia
Haruka Nanase (ED Arabian outfit & ED Club outfit) -- Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Yato -- Noragami

#11 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'll be bringing my Hiei, once again, it's one of my favorite costumes.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#12 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Win^. <3 I love Hiei - one of my favorite characters hands down.~

#13 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Haha, that's good. I've worn my Hiei so many years I think people are getting sick of me, though!

Edit: So is the shoot going to be Saturday for sure?

This post has been edited by Grimmons: 12 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#14 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9715

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

1) I might end u trying to be Masked Fighter Genkai.

2) Grimmons is the best Hiei ever bc she's awesome. <3

3) Will the Yusuke who has been Yusuke in his school uniform for the past few years at ACe be there?

4) Can we do a different time maybe? The Avatar photo shoot is at 2pm Saturday and I'm cosplaying from both D':

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU! I'll bring cookies!! <3

View PostGrimmons, on 12 March 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Haha, that's good. I've worn my Hiei so many years I think people are getting sick of me, though!

Edit: So is the shoot going to be Saturday for sure?

No! Don't ever stop being Hiei unless you want to stop. You're my fave.

Because you do Hiei so damn well.
<3 Sarah

This post has been edited by Fire Claimer: 24 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

2014:
Hikaru Shidou - Magic Knights Rayearth (50%)
Cait Sith Lord Alicia - Sword Art Online (30%)
Seras Victoria (Blood Red Ver) - Hellsing Ultimate (0%)
Cleo/Turquoise (Cinder's Associate) - RWBY (30%)

#15 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Submission time has been kind of...weird, this year. I went ahead and submitted for 2pm on Saturday cause I wasn't sure if the OP of this thread had submitted information needed. We haven't heard anything from the cosplay DH on places or even a schedule, so I'm not sure what's going on with it. If 3pm is better for everyone, we can try and do that instead. Or we can shift it forward an hour to 1pm. What does everyone think?

#16 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I just needed to know the day but it looks like it's going to be Saturday for sure? That's all I needed to know ^_^

Also, Sarah, you sweetheart ^_~
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#17 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 24 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Submission time has been kind of...weird, this year. I went ahead and submitted for 2pm on Saturday cause I wasn't sure if the OP of this thread had submitted information needed. We haven't heard anything from the cosplay DH on places or even a schedule, so I'm not sure what's going on with it. If 3pm is better for everyone, we can try and do that instead. Or we can shift it forward an hour to 1pm. What does everyone think?

I would really appreciate it if we can shift it. But since the photoshoot official schedule hasn't been released yet, the Avatar photoshoot may have changed times, you know?

So do whatever feels best. I don't want to throw anyone's plans off if I'm the only one who is in disagreement with 2pm for saturday...

Worst case scenario, I change in the nearest bathroom and go half and half. xD lolol

View PostSayuri-chan, on 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

I'll be there sporting my new Genkai costume. I've been cosplaying Yukina for a few years now so I'm looking for a fresh perspective. I'll be at the photoshoot as well. We usually have one. If we're looking for times and suggestions, Friday at 2pm or Saturday at 2pm is good. Usually less is going on and people are able to make it out.

Sayuri-chan, will you be young Genkai? Or Dark Tournament Genkai (the outfit she wears as masked fighter).

Because I 50% chance will be Masked Fighter Genkai.

It'd be cool/funny if you were Young Genkai and we can mirror each other. :D lolol

View PostGrimmons, on 24 March 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

I just needed to know the day but it looks like it's going to be Saturday for sure? That's all I needed to know ^_^/>

Also, Sarah, you sweetheart ^_~

I'm happy you're coming to ACen. If you need a place to put your stuff down in the event my hotel is closer, let me know! I'll hold onto stuff you bought while you go about your day and I can drop it off when you are heading to bed :) ^.^
2014:

#18 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, to be honest Friday would work better, but if that isn't convenient for everyone else I can figure things out.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#19 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostGrimmons, on 24 March 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yeah, to be honest Friday would work better, but if that isn't convenient for everyone else I can figure things out.

AYE! (I agree)
2014:

#20 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Friday then? I can most certainly do that if that's what everyone is good with. I'll PM CactusMomma and let her know that Friday at 2 is best for everyone then. :D Thanks for letting me know guys.

@FireClaimer - I was thinking of going as the Masked Fighter...buuuuuut...the wig I got was a-freaking-mazing, and its really, REALLY pretty and shiny and soft and just, ah, awesome. (cosfanmoment) So, I think I'll be going as Young Genkai, leaving that pretty pretty hair down. <3 I may braid it too...it depends on how much time I get between now and then to style it. o.o! What do you think? Down, such as in this pic :

http://featherfire2....ages/genkai.jpg

Or braided, such as here:
http://otakujade.fil...10/genkai04.jpg

Or...there are some images of her where it's just in a ponytail...personally I kind of like it down and free because of the color and how awesome the wig is itself with light curls in it. Here is a picture of it:
http://i.ebayimg.com...SgQQg~~60_3.JPG

I am able to wear it however because I have super short hair so the wigs will fit well without the bunching and such from having longer hair.

Input is appreciated!~

#21 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 25 March 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Friday then? I can most certainly do that if that's what everyone is good with. I'll PM CactusMomma and let her know that Friday at 2 is best for everyone then. :D/> Thanks for letting me know guys.

@FireClaimer - I was thinking of going as the Masked Fighter...buuuuuut...the wig I got was a-freaking-mazing, and its really, REALLY pretty and shiny and soft and just, ah, awesome. (cosfanmoment) So, I think I'll be going as Young Genkai, leaving that pretty pretty hair down. <3 I may braid it too...it depends on how much time I get between now and then to style it. o.o! What do you think? Down, such as in this pic :

http://featherfire2....ages/genkai.jpg

Or braided, such as here:
http://otakujade.fil...10/genkai04.jpg

Or...there are some images of her where it's just in a ponytail...personally I kind of like it down and free because of the color and how awesome the wig is itself with light curls in it. Here is a picture of it:
http://i.ebayimg.com...SgQQg~~60_3.JPG

I am able to wear it however because I have super short hair so the wigs will fit well without the bunching and such from having longer hair.

Input is appreciated!~

Thanks so much, you're awesome!

That wig is gorgeous, I'd love to see it down but you could always take photos doing both?
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#22 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

This is true. I could carry a discreet hair clippy with me so I can put the hair up and take it down at will. This wig is so awesome that I can see it easily holding up to the treatment. <3

#23 User is offline   Graphospasm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60344

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm putting together a Botan cosplay, the team-trainer edition she wears in during the Dark Tournament. I get to wear suspenders! :D So excited!
Cosplay:
--Carmen Sandiego--Velma Dinkley--Utena Tenjou--Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho--Teen Titan's Raven--Pinkie Pie

#24 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostGraphospasm, on 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'm putting together a Botan cosplay, the team-trainer edition she wears in during the Dark Tournament. I get to wear suspenders! :D/>/>/> So excited!

Wah! I'm going to love on the suspenders! ;)/> Pity that by the time Dark Tournament comes around my brief crush on you is fully gone and replaced by my darling Yukina-chan! <3 <3

Was not able to be online yesterday to check but... As of yesterday, The Haku Show panel has been approved! Let the ridiculous YuYu Hakusho game show panel begin! ;D It is approved, I don't know of the time yet, but...YAY!

-Silverwing013

Cosplays to catch me in:

#25 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Oooh...I found a schedule link...
International A-B-C Hyatt. We have the room from 9am to 10:30am on Saturday morning. Seats 400 people.

Cosplays to catch me in:

#26 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Just a reminder for everyone that the photoshoot will tentatively be scheduled at 2pm Friday. I don't know the place yet because I have not heard back from CactusMomma yet; they are still getting things together for the schedule. However, when I know, you'll know.

To the OP of this thread: Please feel free to take back over if you skim this thread. I don't want to step on any toes.

To everyone else, if the OP doesn't show, I will take charge, so this is something that is happening, either way! :)

#27 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 02 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Just a reminder for everyone that the photoshoot will tentatively be scheduled at 2pm Friday. I don't know the place yet because I have not heard back from CactusMomma yet; they are still getting things together for the schedule. However, when I know, you'll know.

To the OP of this thread: Please feel free to take back over if you skim this thread. I don't want to step on any toes.

To everyone else, if the OP doesn't show, I will take charge, so this is something that is happening, either way! :)/>

Thanks Sayuri, you're awesome. Lemme know if I can do anything to help!
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#28 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

*thumbup* My love for this fandom...it surpasses all. <3 It should turn out okay. And things are coming along nicely on my Genkai costume!~ Kinda super psyched for this year's shoot!

#29 User is offline   Silverwing013 

• Pip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ack. So, panel time for The Haku Show has been shifted over to Friday morning at 10am to 11:30am, same hotel and room. Exciting. Early, but exciting since my whole group will be there and then able to run over to the photo shoot later on that day. ^_^/> Yays! If any of you all can see me, I am bouncing. A lot. In very much uncontrollable excitement. :D/> Squeeee!

Cosplays to catch me in:

#30 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

So...what is this panel about? o.o?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users