Anime Central Forums: New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced Ghost in the Shell: ARISE

#1 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

So! I like many other crazy hard core Ghost in the Shell fans have been waiting for this day! MORE GHOST IN THE SHELL!!!!! According to Young Magazine, a new Ghost in the Shell anime is coming out and has been confirmed officially.

Here: Link to Article
and here: Link to another Article

What does everyone think? Personally, I think it's sad that Kenji Kamiyama (the original director of Stand Alone Complex) confirmed he is not invloved with the project, and Yoko Kanno nor Kenji Kawai are involved with the music. But hey, I'm excited to see what Cornelius brings us. But my biggest sadness like I said is the absense of Kenji Kamiyama--since he worked with Shirow Masamune and Mamoru Oshii (original manga artist and original director of the Ghost in the Shell film, respectively) to write the story of the Stand Alone Complex seasons. So I was concerned some original staff are not working on it, but! Since Kazuchika Kise has been an original animator of the original Ghost in the Shell film, and of the Stand Alone Complex series, I'm pretty excited to see how he is going to use his role of director. And I hope the new writer, Tow Ubukata is going to be good too. But most of all, I just hope Shirow Masamune plays a role in the production like he usually does. But on one of the scanned magazine pages, I DID see his name in the "staff" section--but however I could not read the characters of what the position was! XD

Anyone like Motoko Kusanagi's new look? At first, I wasn't crazy about it, but it's growing on me, and I mean as a crazy obsessive Motoko Kusanagi and Ghost in the Shell fan, I am obligated to cosplay it ;D. But I think Motoko looks much younger than usual, so perhaps a prequel? And sure, she can change prosthetic bodies to make herself look younger too--so maybe it's a sequel or side story to one of the timelines GITS has. But my main predictions are either a prequel or more how "Motoko went into the military and how Section 9 was formed (i.e. how she met Aramaki and stuff) or that it's a side story to one of the timelines.

I'd say overall I'm excited--excited to see what a new director and new writer will make of Shirow Masamune's world, but another part of me does want Kenjiyama or Oshii to return to the GITS world, too. And by the way, the offical press conference for it will be on YouTube at 7:00AM EST and 6:00AM CST! :D/> (9PM Japan time)--according to sources I read. CANNOT WAIT! :D/>

edit: typos.... XD

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 16 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#2 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

easy there Motoko, breathe in, breathe out. Anyway, glad to see some new GITS.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 16 January 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

easy there Motoko, breathe in, breathe out. Anyway, glad to see some new GITS.

*breathe* *breathe* Hahaha, yeah... I might be a little too excited. XD! Knowing more GITS is coming out is really like breathing again :D! :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'll give this a chance... I've always enjoyed Ghost in the Shell, whether it was the original movie or the Stand Alone Complex series. Of course, the original manga can't be forgotten at all. My fingers will be crossed for this one.

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostJang Hee Joon, on 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'll give this a chance... I've always enjoyed Ghost in the Shell, whether it was the original movie or the Stand Alone Complex series. Of course, the original manga can't be forgotten at all. My fingers will be crossed for this one.

The original manga is amazing~ and I hope this new incarnation like the others has a lot of elements from the manga like storylines, costumes, and even characters. ^_^

#6 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I wait to see this.
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#7 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

What is this Ghost in the Shell you speak of :P
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

View Postmagishine, on 17 January 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

What is this Ghost in the Shell you speak of :P/>

Watch it and find out!!!!! :P

#9 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sorry for the double post, but here is the link to the official facebook page that will be giving us updates. It's all in Japanese for now...so I would either brush up on your Kanji or boot up google translate XD!

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE Facebook page

#10 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Watch it and find out!!!!! :P/>

Ain't nobody got time for that....hehehe
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#11 User is offline   Alcatraz 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62809

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Guess what music i'm Listening to right now? lol. ;)

#12 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostAlcatraz, on 18 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Guess what music i'm Listening to right now? lol. ;)/>/>/>/>

I sang Rise at Anime Midwest's karaoke event. It was quite fun. :D/>/>/> God I love the music from all the incarnations. I hope Cornelius can step up to the plate! Filling Kenji Kawai's and Yoko Kanno's shoes is going to be pretty darn hard! :D/>/>/>

But I have seen on some sources that it IS official that Shirow Masamune IS INDEED part of the staff! HOLLAH!

Magi: AW PSH FIRST OF ALLLLLL
Motoko went down to the Section 9 kitchen to get a cold pop. And she smelled something burnin' and she thought Batou was a bbq'n but oh lord jesus it was a FIRE! She ran oh lord jesus with no shoes, no nothin'! Just the thong and little bit of clothes on that beautiful bod of hers! She's runnin' and runnin', and oh, the smoke, oh it gave her the bronchitis! And she said "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!"

Comedy brought to you by....
PROCRASTINATION! I'm your best friend in nursing school! Don't want to read because your eyes are drifiting away and you can't sleep? No worries! Just put it off til later! Act now and I'll put off your Mental Health nursing textbook readings FREE OF CHARGE! *fast* plus shipping and handling* ACT IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES AND ILL MAKE THE READING MAGICALLY BE DONE! *fast talk* you just actually have to do it. XDDDDDDDD
I need to stop reading textbooks.

EDIT: All these darn typos I missed! >.>

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 18 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

#13 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Magi: AW PSH FIRST OF ALLLLLL
Motoko went down to the Section 9 kitchen to get a cold pop. And she smelled something burnin' and she thought Batou was a bbq'n but oh lord jesus it was a FIRE! She ran oh lord jesus with no shoes, no nothin'! Just the thong and little bit of clothes on that beautiful bod of hers! She's runnin' and runnin', and oh, the smoke, oh it gave her the bronchitis! And she said "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!"

Comedy brought to you by....
PROCRASTINATION! I'm your best friend in nursing school! Don't want to read because your eyes are drifiting away and you can't sleep? No worries! Just put it off til later! Act now and I'll put off your Mental Health nursing textbook readings FREE OF CHARGE! *fast* plus shipping and handling* ACT IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES AND ILL MAKE THE READING MAGICALLY BE DONE! *fast talk* you just actually have to do it. XDDDDDDDD
I need to stop reading textbooks.

EDIT: All these darn typos I missed! >.>

I'LL TAKE IT! I'LL TAKE 12! Where do I sign?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#14 User is offline   Alcatraz 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62809

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ok. that story about motoko almost made me spit sode on the computer. and its not even mine. lol

#15 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postmagishine, on 18 January 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'LL TAKE IT! I'LL TAKE 12! Where do I sign?

Here's the flyer! But you must be 18 or older to order. ;D And your total is.... 100000000000000000000 dollars. Is that cash, credit or check? We even take Traveler's Cheques. ;D

View PostAlcatraz, on 18 January 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Ok. that story about motoko almost made me spit sode on the computer. and its not even mine. lol

hahahah XD well good! ;D I'm sorry last night i was just like "uhhhhh reading......" hahahaha. I needed an outlet XD

Anyone here going to see the press conference? I really hope they end up posting it on youtube or something because OF COURSE with my luck, I'll be in clinical when it happens. I have to be there at 6:30AM O_O.

#16 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 19 January 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Here's the flyer! But you must be 18 or older to order. ;D And your total is.... 100000000000000000000 dollars. Is that cash, credit or check? We even take Traveler's Cheques. ;D

hahahah XD well good! ;D I'm sorry last night i was just like "uhhhhh reading......" hahahaha. I needed an outlet XD

Anyone here going to see the press conference? I really hope they end up posting it on youtube or something because OF COURSE with my luck, I'll be in clinical when it happens. I have to be there at 6:30AM O_O.

I'll make send that Cheque to you ASAP!

I'll be watching the press conference....even though it's on at 7am.....waaaayy too early for me but I have to text someone all excitedly. I won't spoil it for them because they'll probably wanna watch it themselves....or read the details later

This post has been edited by magishine: 19 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#17 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postmagishine, on 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'll make send that Cheque to you ASAP!
Sounds good. :D

I'll be watching the press conference....even though it's on at 7am.....waaaayy too early for me but I have to text someone all excitedly. I won't spoil it for them because they'll probably wanna watch it themselves....or read the details later

Hahahahaha. who are you texting? :D
Yeah see I do too--but I hope they post it. I mean they NEED to cater to their biggest fan in the world here in the States. JUST SAYIN. And I REALLY hope they ATTEMPT to subtitle it...for some reason I think they wont. O_O maybe Bandai will, hopefully.

#18 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Again, SORRY for the double post. I actually just found this now after I posted my last reply.

Link to Article
This is an article from Production I.G. (the studio that works on Ghost in the Shell) announcing the new series. It also at the bottom which I highly reccommend reading is a blurb about the new director. After reading this my heart is actually pretty settled since Oshii himself loves Kise's work--and having experience we know about already in the films--I think Kise will be a great fit for this new incarnation. And now that it IS confirmed my lover (oh wait how did that get put in there???) Shirow Masamune will be directly contributing...this actually is going to be awesome. They will never let us GITS fans down--that's for sure. I think it's because we have such high standards and what I love about Production I.G. is that they have very high standards too. ^_^

#19 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 19 January 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hahahahaha. who are you texting? :D/>
Yeah see I do too--but I hope they post it. I mean they NEED to cater to their biggest fan in the world here in the States. JUST SAYIN. And I REALLY hope they ATTEMPT to subtitle it...for some reason I think they wont. O_O maybe Bandai will, hopefully.

Oh....you don't know who it is. Just someone I know that really loves GITS. I'd say the biggest fan of GITS in the world....

Well from what I've read about the press conference it'll be streamed worldwide by NicoNico, Bandai Network, and YouTube. Now if it was just NicoNico. I'd say there's no chance of it being subtitled but the fact that it's on the other two. But considering it's a live event....maybe not. We'll see
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#20 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postmagishine, on 19 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Oh....you don't know who it is. Just someone I know that really loves GITS. I'd say the biggest fan of GITS in the world....

Well from what I've read about the press conference it'll be streamed worldwide by NicoNico, Bandai Network, and YouTube. Now if it was just NicoNico. I'd say there's no chance of it being subtitled but the fact that it's on the other two. But considering it's a live event....maybe not. We'll see

I actually read that there will be a direct translation during it (I saw your post earlier) but I'm not sure how they will do the broadcasting of the translation just yet. I guess we'll find out Tuesday. XD

#21 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 19 January 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

I actually read that there will be a direct translation during it (I saw your post earlier) but I'm not sure how they will do the broadcasting of the translation just yet. I guess we'll find out Tuesday. XD

Indeed....*sets alarm clock and prepares text alert*
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#22 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Only three days until the Press Conference!!! WHO HERE IS PUUUUUUUUUMPPPPEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Let's just say right when I get out of clinical imma be on the internet watching that conference. Man I am going to have the ENERGY that morning. I can feel it!!! XDDD

#23 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

So here's the links for the stuff about the anime

http://www.animenews...etails-outlined

also it appears a game is coming out!

http://www.animenews...-be-hacking-fps

So what do you guys think? Looking at it, It is indeed a prequel to SAC as it takes place 3 years before the events of it. I'm a bit upset that Atsuko Tanaka is not coming back to do the voice of the Major but I'm glad they're keeping it in the GITS family as Maaya Sakamoto did the voice of young Motoko in the movie and in the series so I guess it makes sense. Looks like it'll be a 4 part OVA series and not a full fledged series on TV which is sad but hey any GITS is good. Can't wait to see it THIS summer (July 26th!)
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#24 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hopefully they don't just make it so it's just Kusanagi with Sakamoto's voice. If she acts a tad different it could work, but with the Major's mannerism in the series it would cause some SERIOUS dissonance. Sakamoto's a good actress, but she's always had a difficult time pulling off "tough chicks" like the Major because in those types of roles it was always obvious she was cast because of her popularity instead of being fit for the role (like in FFXIII, she does NOT work as Lightning and her turn as Mari in Evangelion Rebuild is mixed at best). Still, glad to see the series back.

#25 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

The only argument I have with Tanaka not doing Motoko is either she was not available, OR I mean she's 49--her voice is more mature, and maybe Maaya because she is either younger or has more experience with not as "tough" chicks may help. You can't expect Motoko (my lover) WAIT WHY IS THAT IN HERE???? HAH! You can't expect Motoko to just become the sexy hard butt (god darn these Freudian slips) to become one overnight. It's going to detail how things came to be. Why she is the way she is. There has to be a reason. It's because she didn't know her beautiful wife GITS SAC Motoko yet ;____; oh, it brings tears to my eyes how our relationship has changed each other!

oh wait.... ;D

Over all, I'm so so so so so excited. I told my roommate about how it's like a "OVA" sorta thing with four hour long episodes and she's like "you mean a MINI SERIES????" and im like "well...yeah..." XD haha. I'm getting that game--Imma get windows, Imma do it all for that thing. PERFECT! first half of 2014? haha My study breaks will be consisted of gaming. Uh huh. Yeah. Imm study for Obstetrics and Pediatrics Nursing class, and then imma game. AWW YEAH. And then after I graduate I shall play MORE!!! GAAAAAAH I like having a prequel. It tells us how things came to be. I'm excited. I think they may have done a prequel because maybe Kenjiyama wants to do a sequel since SAC is HIS thing. I'm going to keep an open mind about it.

Supposedly, this is the opening: Link to awesome
I kinda like the song. I BLAST THAT IN MAH CARRRRRRRRR ;D

#26 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 12 February 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Supposedly, this is the opening: Link to awesome
I kinda like the song. I BLAST THAT IN MAH CARRRRRRRRR ;D

Oh god....please tell me that is not the song....I'm sorry but that is horrible compared to the other songs. I'm kinda hoping that was just some place holder music till the opening is done later. It needs some epicness....and Origa needs more work lol
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#27 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't think its Origa...but hey I'm going to be open about it. It will grow on me. it's GITS. of course Ill love it XDDD.

#28 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 12 February 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

The only argument I have with Tanaka not doing Motoko is either she was not available, OR I mean she's 49--her voice is more mature, and maybe Maaya because she is either younger or has more experience with not as "tough" chicks may help. You can't expect Motoko to just become the sexy hard butt (god darn these Freudian slips) to become one overnight. It's going to detail how things came to be. Why she is the way she is.

Exactly, they have to write a different KIND of Motoko, she can't just be 100% the Major from Stand Alone or the movies, she has to be of a different mindset. If she's only younger PHYSICALLY then Sakamoto's casting isn't going to work. I have seen her play action heroines well, but it takes a very specific type for her.

#29 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm just going to see it with an open mind. A lot of people on different sites are REALLY ranting about it and how it's "terrible" with new cast, new director...etc. But here's the thing. They would be complaining if there was no new GITS at all too. Darned if they do, darned if they dont. But here's the thing: a little prequel like this is actually well, logical! Because if you think about it, Kazuchika Kise is probably doing the prequel because SAC director Kenji Kamiyama has said "he is not done with Ghost in the Shell" and he's just working on other projects now. So it's like a sequel to Solid State Society is reserved for Kamiyama, since SAC is HIS storyline and all. Why would Kise take his thunder? So instead they thought of the prequel that will probably explain a lot of us about Stand Alone Complex. Though what I wonder is if they will have forshadowing of the first film since it's two years before. WHOA!

It can't be THAT bad, since also Shirow Masamune himself AGAIN is playing a role in production. I mean, how many animes can you say on the top of your head that the ORIGINAL creator/artist and all played a significant role in production? Maybe I just don't know that many--but I know for sure it has to be pretty darn good, since Masamune isn't a dummy. He's not going to let Ghost in the Shell (probably one of his most popular stories) go to hell. I really don't think Shirow Masamune and Production I.G. are that blinded and crazy to make a quick buck on something as sacred as Ghost in the Shell. I say "sacred" because it's a classic, really. The first film was a huge hit, and the TV series because quite popular. The story lines just aren't "oh climax here, resolve, open ending..." there are more like 3 storylines and they all come together. I really think they are not going to ruin it because the population of GITS fans are VERY critical. We know what we like and want--and I'm excited to see what they are going to give us. I really think they would not risk making us a crappy anime with something like Ghost in the Shell--because literally--I think people (including myself) would be EXTREMELY upset and Occupy the studios of Production I.G. and picket about how much it sucks. But I just know they would not do that.

With that being said, don't let me down, Kise. :D/>/> Ghost in the Shell forever! <3
Note: sorry if the typing is weird here. I just got done reading an entire chapter about deep vein thrombosis nursing interventions in an extremely dry textbook, tired as all hell. Please pardon my odd writing. :3

#30 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

also, apparently there's also going to be a GitS MMOFPS released next year:

http://www.joystiq.c...s-in-first-hal/

This just reminds me of how irksome I find it that there's NEVER been a really good GitS game. The setting is just BEGGING for one.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users