Hello - Chicago Photographer here!

#1 User is offline   Eddiebphotos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62979

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hello,

I'm a Chicago based photographer new to the forums, however not new to the Chicago Con scene!

I've been attending various comics cons and such for the past decade and have casually been taking pictures...This year I would like to do that on a more professional level.

I'm looking to build my portfolio up this year. I really need to get event, fashion and cosplay photos in this year. So with that said I would like to offer my services and get a little better understanding of cosplayer and photographer relationships (that might be the wrong word)

First of all here are a few reference websites!
1)My website!
2)Facebook like page
3)Deviantart is here!

Hopefully by the time Anime Central rolls around I'll have every single piece of equipment I need... Working on a few more lenses at the moment!

So I would like to offer my services (free in most cases) for Anime Central (or anything else c2e2, ww, etc in Chicago) this year to groups and individuals.

So here's a few questions I have for cosplayers!

1) For professional shoots what are you usually charged (if you are charged!)
2) How many shots are enough? What's too much?
3) Do you prefer more candid shots or more posing as related to your costume?
4) Do you prefer unedited natural shots or edited shots?
5) Do you tag yourself in cosplays on your personal facebook account typically?

Please check out my stuff, and let me know if I can help you out with your photography needs in any way!

Thanks so much and take care all!

Eddie

This post has been edited by Eddiebphotos: 14 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

See my portfolio including Chicago Cosplay Photography at My Homepage and please like My Facebook Photo Page

#2 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

1. I've noticed the going rate to be around $20 for a half hour time slot, which I think is fair. :) (Some charge more, some less, usually depending on the experience of the photographer. :)
2. I don't think I would ever complain about too many!! XD Some of my photographers only gave me 10ish shots (singles of me, singles of my partner, and 1 partner shot), while another photographer I worked with gave me over 60 shots which was fantastic. :) Either way is good, just communicate with the cosplayer what they should expect (and when!)
3. I usually prefer a mix of candid and posed shots. :) Some of the cutest pictures were candid, but as a cosplayer I like to have some control on the images (showing off certain aspects of the costume/etc)
4. I tend to prefer some editing or permission to edit - I think that unedited can turn out great, but a lot of cosplayers are going for "perfection" and blemish/color touch ups can help a lot
5. Yes. XD I try not to post a TON of cosplay there (fails) but I do tag on my personal facebook. :)

Good Luck!
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#3 User is offline   Eddiebphotos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62979

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks so much for the detailed response! (Helps a bunch!)

Hope to catch you this year sometime!

Take care!
Eddie

This post has been edited by Eddiebphotos: 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

See my portfolio including Chicago Cosplay Photography at My Homepage and please like My Facebook Photo Page

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users