Blue Rose Cosplay Help Looking for tips and ideas to make this cosplay ^o^

#1 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make a Blue Rose cosplay. My 3 biggest issues that I haven't been able to figure out is 1) the bodice- I would like to make it as a corset but I haven't found any good corset patterns that I like, plus I'm wary about the boning 2) the gloves/boots with the logo- I have the boots but I'm not sure what would be best to put the pepsi logo on them and the gloves 3) the neck-collar-thingy- I haven't found any pattern to to help me with it though it doesn't look super hard but still! XD

I have been looking online for some tips on ways to make it but the only thing I have been really finding is make-up tutorials.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted Image
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#2 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

you could make the pepsi logo yourself http://www.ehow.com/...hing-logos.html Or you could ask someone like in one of those print shops to help you with that. You can also do something similar for the hat as well.

For the outfit as well as the backing, I have NO IDEA @.@ Sorry.

#3 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostLevel-5, on 16 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

you could make the pepsi logo yourself http://www.ehow.com/...hing-logos.html Or you could ask someone like in one of those print shops to help you with that. You can also do something similar for the hat as well.

For the outfit as well as the backing, I have NO IDEA @.@ Sorry.

LOL thank you! That's a start ^_^ I bought a corset, I'm thinking that I will try building off of that instead of trying to sew a corset all on my own (I really don't have the time unfortunately =,=)

#4 User is offline   limegummi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 30856

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Looks like the biggest issue would be providing stability to the top once you cut away the front and back. Double-sided tape is probably the easy answer, but it may be bad for your skin. You're planning to rig up something for the butt-horns to be tied to your body under the top or something, right...because those will always be pulling the top backwards and threatening to expose the girls, even if you made them out of something lightweight.

#5 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

View Postlimegummi, on 20 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Looks like the biggest issue would be providing stability to the top once you cut away the front and back. Double-sided tape is probably the easy answer, but it may be bad for your skin. You're planning to rig up something for the butt-horns to be tied to your body under the top or something, right...because those will always be pulling the top backwards and threatening to expose the girls, even if you made them out of something lightweight.

Yeah, I was thinking of using wonderflex or something underneath for support and shape and then to have it run down into the bodice, (still brainstorming it though.) And that's a good point of the butt-horns pulling, I have ideas about how I'm going to attach them but that's true that they will pull, almost forgot! haha! Thanks ^o^

#6 User is offline   Hypercats 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61751

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

How's the costume progress coming? I have some things that might help:

You can try using millinery buckram instead of wonderflex for the neck piece, since it's cheaper than Wonderflex. I've made hats with it that had a very similar shape.

The Pepsi logos aren't that difficult to do, depending on what material you make the gloves and boots out of. The easiest way to apply the graphics would be to make the boots and gloves out of vinyl and have some custom vinyl printed decals applied to them. You can even design, upload, and buy vinyl decals online and have them shipped to you.

The corset looks more like a one piece bathing suit with piping and metal boning than an actual corset. Have you considered getting a swimsuit and modifying it? The aqua clear parts can be done with clear vinyl and wire supports.

And those are the easy parts! How are you making the thorny tentacles, gun, and fingernails?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users