Anime Central Forums: D. Gray Man anyone? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

D. Gray Man anyone? Pitiful demon, let your soul be saved!

#1 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

EDIT:

TIME: 7:00-7:30 PM
DAY: Saturday

I missed the photoshoot last year since it was at the same time as the Vocaloid shoot, but I did see... perhaps a dozen total D Gray Man cosplayers wandering around in the halls last year. It'll be my first year cosplaying from D Gray Man and hope to have a successful photoshoot for the series.

I'll be cosplaying as Lavi in the 2nd outfit, since while I've seen cosplayers in the 1st and 3rd outfits for the main characters, I've never seen anyone in the 2nd outfit. The biggest question for me now is do I bring a large hammer or a small one due to space in my car...

So yeah, anyone else going to be cosplaying from D Gray Man for 2013?

This post has been edited by Goldeneyeuro: 23 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#2 User is offline   LhadyChloe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58924

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

We did DGrayman last year, we were waiting for the photoshoot but the coordinator didnt come so we did it ourselves LOL. But we wont be doing Dgrayman this year, you would have been perfect, we were missing a Lavi too.
NAIB COSPLAY CLUB 2014 ROSTER
FRIDAY - Dynasty Warriors l SATURDAY - Lightning Returns l SUNDAY - Naruto
SELLING MY MANGA COLLECTION
SITE: http://naib-cosplay.webs.com
2013 - Final Fantasy XIII, Fairy Tail, One Piece l 2012 - Bleach , DGrayman, InuYasha l 2011 - Final Fantasy XI, One Piece, Code Geass l 2010 - Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X, Naruto
YouTube l Tumblr l Instagram l Facebook l Twitter

#3 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61448

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I am cosplaying Lenalee and bringing an Alan Walker and meeting a Lavi. :)
ACen 2013 cosplays
Chidori: Persona 3
Zoe: Firefly
Lenalee: D Gray Man
Tsubaki: Soul Eater

#4 User is offline   Kaydo_x 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58776

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

im bringing road and my friend will be bringing tyki :D
ACen 2014 cosplays :3
-Shadow Yukiko : Persona 4
-Yoshino - Date a Live
-Nanami - Super Dangan Ronpa 2

#5 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

My sister maybe Allen Walker.
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill

#6 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Good to see at least a few people are interested, hope there are more who will come on board later on ^^ And on a side note, even though I'm cosplaying as Lavi, I'm bringing my Timcampy plush. Because I want to XD

Also, I'd like to submit the request for the photoshoot soon, hopefully next week, and am wondering what would work best for everyone-

I'm guessing that numberswise it's going to be small-to-maybe-midsized, so I'm thinking Friday over Saturday (Sunday's a bit of a crunch for me since I have a long commute back). And since some of the outfits are going to be a bit warm (since most outfits have some black, and if anyone's wearing the 1st Exorcist outfit), I'm thinking mornings or evenings. And locationwise, I'm fine with either indoor or outdoor but I'd prefer to avoid the lower dome (which I think may not even be an option this year) since as a photographer, it's a royal pain (horrible dim lighting from above, GLASS paned staircase in the background (if you use flash, you'll know what I mean), traffic issues, if you're on the sides taking pictures, they're not going to be very good due to the angle).

So yeah, feel free to discuss/disagree/offer suggestions to my viewpoints. Hope this can be successful.

Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

#7 User is offline   Gray Engel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63090

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I am going to be Kanda Yuu, and it's my first year cosplaying, I am going to wear the 2nd exorcist outfit and uhhhhhhh....uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........Right, I can't go on Friday, I have school. I'm probably going on Saturday. And I have no idea how these photo shoots work, so please teach me the ropes? Thanks.

This post has been edited by Gray Engel: 01 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

#8 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

@Gray Engel:

The concept is pretty simple, but there’s always a first time for everything and as with everything, your skills improve over time. Basic rule of thumb while cosplaying/posing for photos is to put yourself into the character’s shoes and portray him/her as best as possible and how you see fit.

Format is pretty standard, we start out by taking a group shot with everyone, then move on to individual characters (all the Allen cosplayers, all the Kanda cosplayers etc). Next it depends on the series, but you can go with groups (all the exorcists, all the Noahs etc) or on to specific scenes within the series itself that people request (I’d really love to recreate the scene where Lavi is under Road’s mind control) or crack scenes. Requests will be taken throughout the shoot, and we will end with another group shot to take into account those who weren’t there at the beginning of the shoot.

During each shot, we try to go quickly to ensure photographers gets shots they want and cosplayers get to participate. You usually pose in 2-4 different ways per shot. During the pose, you want to portray that character accurately via facial expressions, how you position your body and your mood. (ie in your case it would be perfect if you give a murderous look to whoever calls you “Yu.” I’d also recommend thinking of poses with your sword. Use anime/manga for reference.) General rule of thumb is to think of it as “What would ___ do/say/react” so others feel that you have a good grasp of what your character is like.

As a photographer, you get a window of time to get your shots and there’s a countdown to let you know when we’re about to switch scenes. Either as a photographer or cosplayer, feel free to come and go as you please during the shoot, though staying the entire time gives you the best experience.

General rules- have fun, be nice to each other, any questions/concerns talk to the person running it. Hope I can make this go well, it’s my first time running a photoshoot- I straddle the line between cosplayer and photographer.

And now that Friday won't work for someone, let's shoot for Saturday with a half-hour time slot then?

#9 User is offline   Koibito 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59912

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I may just be putting on Cross again ^^

#10 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 05 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I missed the photoshoot last year since it was at the same time as the Vocaloid shoot, but I did see... perhaps a dozen total D Gray Man cosplayers wandering around in the halls last year. It'll be my first year cosplaying from D Gray Man and hope to have a successful photoshoot for the series.

I'll be cosplaying as Lavi in the 2nd outfit, since while I've seen cosplayers in the 1st and 3rd outfits for the main characters, I've never seen anyone in the 2nd outfit. The biggest question for me now is do I bring a large hammer or a small one due to space in my car...

So yeah, anyone else going to be cosplaying from D Gray Man for 2013?

I'm cosplaying Lenalee and someone else that I met through the forums is doing Lavi. We are both doing the 2nd outfits. :)
ACen 2013 cosplays

#11 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

haha I totally didn't realize I already replied to this!
ACen 2013 cosplays

#12 User is offline   ShirorinYuki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61722

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I might be able to dress as Lenalee in her 3rd outfit, but I'm not sure I can make this year >.<. Have to see. I really hope to see you guys there~ ^^

#13 User is offline   Sephiroth Lives 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17533

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi, I will be doing a Cross Marian and hopefully will have a Grave of Maria. I would really like to set up a place to meet and do pictures. Anyone have any suggestions?

#14 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 05 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

The biggest question for me now is do I bring a large hammer or a small one due to space in my car...

My suggestion would be try to make one out of one of those collapsable laundry hampers. You should be able to paint it and make it look right. Then you'll just have to open it up and add the handle. :)
ACen 2013 cosplays

#15 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

I am going to do everything I can to be at this photoshoot. I have the cosplay and everything, it just is right (and I mean RIGHT) after another one that I committed to doing. I think it won't be too much of an issue since the makeup won't be much different. Just changing costume and wig. If we can do the group shots last along with any other Lena groups it might help! I'm going to try to be first at the other but I can't guarantee anything. If anyone is interested in sticking around longer I'm probably going to be wearing Lena until the dark hour :)
ACen 2013 cosplays

#16 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostNaima Katara, on 23 April 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

My suggestion would be try to make one out of one of those collapsable laundry hampers. You should be able to paint it and make it look right. Then you'll just have to open it up and add the handle. :)/>/>

I've got a large hammer already made due to a con last week where I premiered Lavi and I think I still have the small one in my bag of stuff. Problem is that the large one broke right after the con was over and I was loading stuff into my car. It was to be expected, since the connecting points on the metal handle were brittle plastic (hey it was what I got and seemed like a good idea at the time, right?) So I've got to remake it now... Mallet's still good, though that will probably get changes done to it, the paint's flaking since I used the wrong type...

And hmmm, that's an interesting idea. The one concern I would have would be that those things have no structural rigidity when empty, and I like to do the "plunge mallet into the ground, stand on it with one foot and point straight to the sky" pose. I'll be bringing a large hammer to the con, since it looks cooler anyways XD

Okies, since the schedule is up...

I'll edit the initial post, but out scheduled time is currently Saturday at 7:00 PM-7:30 PM at the Tower Overhang area. It'll be at the first floor back wall if it rains. I'll have to scout out the area beforehand on Thursday/Friday, not sure where this exactly is, and whether it's inside or out... But hope to see everyone there!

This post has been edited by Goldeneyeuro: 23 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

#17 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

This is the Lena Lee that came late and stuck around for a private shoot with my Allen. Could the photographers I worked with please message me when you've got some pictures up? It was great working with you. Thanks again!
ACen 2013 cosplays

#18 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

To everyone who showed up, a big thank you! I ran the shoot as best as I thought I could, hope to do better next time, as I kinda want to do this next year as well. Pictures from the shoot are here Let me know if you would like any originals via PM.

View PostNaima Katara, on 20 May 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

This is the Lena Lee that came late and stuck around for a private shoot with my Allen. Could the photographers I worked with please message me when you've got some pictures up? It was great working with you. Thanks again!

I just uploaded the pictures from the private shoot afterwards on my Flickr here . Great working with you as well, let me know via PM if you would like any originals.

#19 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 23 May 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

To everyone who showed up, a big thank you! I ran the shoot as best as I thought I could, hope to do better next time, as I kinda want to do this next year as well. Pictures from the shoot are here Let me know if you would like any originals via PM.

I just uploaded the pictures from the private shoot afterwards on my Flickr here . Great working with you as well, let me know via PM if you would like any originals.

Yay! Thank you so much!
ACen 2013 cosplays

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users