• This topic is locked

Axis Powers: Hetalia! >2013< It's a beautiful world~

#1 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

INFO FOR 2014 Please comment with any feedback you have regarding this year's photoshoot! It'll really help with how 2014 goes! Also, please feel free to share any ideas you might have for next year.
I'm excited for next year. Anyone have plans already?

Hello and welcome!

So for the official photoshoot, we only have half an hour. That said, we're going to go through with just a photoshoot here. However, I'll have little flyers that give all the times to other Hetalia photoshoots and events in case you want to go to another photoshoot and/or a proper meet up where we can actually do stuff like games and meeting other Hetalians. Now, the Hetalia Day 2012 photoshoot took a full hour. We will be more efficient by having a tight schedule pre-arranged before the con. If anyone has any special requests for groups or pairings to be called up, please tell me before the convention! I will be posting a list of groupings both here and on the facebook event later on this week. There may or may not be time for on-spots requests at the shoot, I'm just not sure yet.

Also, I'll have someone taking pictures and video at all times (he won't be cosplaying, most likely, so he'll have free hands). These pictures will be posted publicly on facebook so you don't have to worry about taking pictures.

RULES
1) You must abide by convention rules, since we're at the convention.

2) Do not touch anyone without their permission. Always ask before you do. This goes for any touching at all, even if it's just a hand on the shoulder. So try to keep your hands to yourself.

3) No means no. If someone tells you to stop or says no, then stop doing whatever you're doing. Even if it may seem like it's in character, stop and double check with them first.

4) No yelling. Try to keep your volume down for the sake of those around you.

5) No country flags in pictures. I can't tell you not to bring flags at all, but if you bring one to any of the photoshoots, I'll ask you roll/fold it up and keep it off to the side.

6) Fanservice will be allowed, however, it is a privilege that I will not be afraid to take away. Both parties must agree to it and it must stay PG13, so nothing /too/ inappropriate. I will ban fanservice again if everyone gets too rowdy or if the situation get too heated or if I see that it's a problem in any other way.

7) Don't block any hallways, doors, etc. If someone asks you to move to get through, then please do so.

8) Be courteous to those around you by not making a mess, cleaning up after yourself, keeping your language cleaner, and not disturbing others. Yes we're at a convention so it's a bit more lenient, but our behavior will still reflect on the fandom. Let's not be the idiots who smudge the name of the Hetalia fandom further.

What Hetalia character do you plan on cosplaying for ACen? ^w^

This post has been edited by firestixian: 16 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#2 User is offline   Shrlk holmes 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61001

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm going as Samurai!Japan on Saturday!
ACen 2013 cosplay schedule:
Saturday: Samurai!Japan from Axis Powers Hetalia
Sunday:HetaStuck with TeenyDratini (I'm Heta, she's Stuck!)

#3 User is offline   DarrenShanForeva123 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61544

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

America all the way *showers you with obvious*

#4 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm probably bringing Finland one day, and either Sweden or Russia another... can't decide. At least I've got 5 months to choose!

#5 User is offline   Sailor Gemini 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62867

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I might be America or Sweden for one day or I might be both and switch during the day. It's still a long time from now to decide.
ACen 2013:
Eternal Sailor Moon
Sakura - Naruto Shippuden
Sweden - Hetalia
Gakuen!Germany - Hetalia
Sailor America - Hetalia/Sailor Moon

#6 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Oh! Also, if anyone has any ideas of suggestions of games or contests (the type where you can win prizes), please let me know! We definitely want to do something with prizes.

And I'll probably be going as Romano, 6DNS!America, Austrian Succession Hungary, or Little Red Maple Hood. I haven't decided yet ^^'
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

#7 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

@shrlk are you woxi--etc on tumnblr? hey gurl

i don't plan on cosplaying hetalia this year, as i have some other huge plans for this year. i'm very likely going to bring grandmano for shenanigans, however. (':
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#8 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm planning to be Mama Greece. Anyone have any prop suggestions for her?
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#9 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostSanta Finland, on 24 December 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

I'm planning to be Mama Greece. Anyone have any prop suggestions for her?

Mama Greece! That's so cool!
Spartan weapons would be so cool! Like the giant shields or spears or swords or a bow and arrow.
But if you want something less violent, an olive branch, an old book, some scrolls, an Athenian-looking pot, a pouch of gold coins that look like drachmas, things like that would be cool. Since you have ancient Athenian and Corinthian culture to work with, too~
Or you can be funny and have a mini Trojan horse, lol.

2014 Con Schedule

#10 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Postfirestixian, on 24 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Mama Greece! That's so cool!
Spartan weapons would be so cool! Like the giant shields or spears or swords or a bow and arrow.
But if you want something less violent, an olive branch, an old book, some scrolls, an Athenian-looking pot, a pouch of gold coins that look like drachmas, things like that would be cool. Since you have ancient Athenian and Corinthian culture to work with, too~
Or you can be funny and have a mini Trojan horse, lol.

Great ideas, thanks. I found a tutorial on making a shield and spear like those in 300. I'm probably going to go with that.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#11 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostSanta Finland, on 27 December 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

Great ideas, thanks. I found a tutorial on making a shield and spear like those in 300. I'm probably going to go with that.

I can't wait to see it! :D

2014 Con Schedule

#12 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Oh! Also, would anyone be interested in a small "draw"/casual hang out meetup in a lobby area (probs the balcony floor of Double Tree since no one goes there)?

I'm going to plan at least one, I think. And I'm thinking of holding a second "private" Hetalia photoshoot at some point, too, for shits and giggles...

2014 Con Schedule

#13 User is offline   ninjacookie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62922

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm probably going to be Gakuen!Fem!America of Friday
Saturday i'm going to be Rev!America and that sailor moon thing slash Hetalia
and for Sunday i'm going to be mail man Jones. Cosplay will probably addingto the list as we get closer to ACen though XD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧Sparkles~?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 User is offline   Bella the Awesome 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61271

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'll be there as Chibi Romano this year. I would love to join you guys~ :3
CONS&&COSPLAYS
ACen 2013: Chibi Romano-{100%}
Chesire Cat-{100%}
Vanellope Von Schweetz-{30%}

#15 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Does anyone have any requests for things to do besides photoshoot? From past experience, we should have 10-20 minutes left over if all we do is photoshoot.

2014 Con Schedule

#16 User is offline   Sailor Gemini 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62867

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I decided to be Sweden for the photo shoot and the majority of the day but will be Sailor America with the gang along for a bit, and Gakuen Germany at night. I have a couple of ideas and one is recreating your favorite scenes from all 4 seasons. I suggested it for Hetalia Day but it never happened. There are others like spin the bottle but with hugs and maybe the dating game. A few things to keep ourselves occupied at the time.
ACen 2013:
Eternal Sailor Moon
Sakura - Naruto Shippuden
Sweden - Hetalia
Gakuen!Germany - Hetalia
Sailor America - Hetalia/Sailor Moon

#17 User is offline   CookieHana 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53978

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'll be going as Canada~ Also bringing a friend who plans to go as Ukraine.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List
* Thranduil (Regular and "Party" versions) - The Hobbit *
"James Kidd" - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Zacharie - OFF

#18 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostSailor Gemini, on 26 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I decided to be Sweden for the photo shoot and the majority of the day but will be Sailor America with the gang along for a bit, and Gakuen Germany at night. I have a couple of ideas and one is recreating your favorite scenes from all 4 seasons. I suggested it for Hetalia Day but it never happened. There are others like spin the bottle but with hugs and maybe the dating game. A few things to keep ourselves occupied at the time.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your Sweden!!
I don't think we'll have enough time for those types of games, since we're only going to have 20 minutes max ^^' Maybe for a meetup~

2014 Con Schedule

#19 User is offline   WynterWillow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63087

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm going to be multiple Hetalia characters the entire weekend, like fem!Canada, Rule 63 2p!England (beekwhy's design), and probably fem!Prussia at some point also. I'm bringing my girlfreind with and she is going to be England (with a cloak and magic book XD), Prussia, and I think France. Any of those characters could show up because we're still not quite sure what cosplays we'll wear on which days. We're both really excited for this though because this is the first time either of us have cosplayed Hetalia. We'll be sure to be there. :D

I wrote a lot more here than I meant to. Sorry.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Rule 63 2p!England | Fem!Canada | 2p! Fem! Canada | Jade

#20 User is offline   Kaydo_x 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58776

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I am going to be Belarus and my friend is going to be Lithuanian. Sadly i do not have a Russia yet. Time to go husband hunting :3
ACen 2014 cosplays :3
-Shadow Yukiko : Persona 4
-Yoshino - Date a Live
-Nanami - Super Dangan Ronpa 2

#21 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I can't wait to see everyone's cosplays!!! ^w^

2014 Con Schedule

#22 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Aside from the official photoshoot/gathering, I'll also be organizing a meetup of sorts along with another non-official photoshoot (probably in the second floor lobby of Double Tree since no one is there =w= ). We can play games and do things of that sorts there! Hopefully this will allow the official photoshoot to go more smoothly and stay photo-oriented~

2014 Con Schedule

#23 User is offline   TohmaYuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18615

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to have England, America, and Canada on me. I'm also in the Hetalia panel.
ACen 2013
Alfred F. Jones/ America: Hetalia
Arthur Kirkland/ England: Hetalia
Mathuew Williams/ Canada: Hetalia
Jake English: Homestuck
Tohma Seguchi: Gravitation
Kasuka Hewajima/ Durarara!!
Matt Jeevas/ Death Note

#24 User is offline   Shrlk holmes 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61001

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Postwenchman, on 22 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

@shrlk are you woxi--etc on tumnblr? hey gurl

i don't plan on cosplaying hetalia this year, as i have some other huge plans for this year. i'm very likely going to bring grandmano for shenanigans, however. (':

wow ok 4 months waiting :))
hay qurl how u doin
and yes I am :)
ACen 2013 cosplay schedule:
Saturday: Samurai!Japan from Axis Powers Hetalia
Sunday:HetaStuck with TeenyDratini (I'm Heta, she's Stuck!)

#25 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Only two months until ACen!
This means busy season for me! Time to spend long hours crafting in the basement and sewing my fingers off =w= What are you guys working on?

2014 Con Schedule

#26 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS SPECIAL REQUESTS FOR CHARACTER CATEGORIES TO BE CALLED, LEMME KNOW <3

2014 Con Schedule

#27 User is offline   Bookworm555 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62468

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but what is the potential day for the photoshoot? (I'm planning on going as Estonia on Sunday.)
ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Deidara (Naruto), Sasori (Naruto), Estonia/Eduard von Bock (Hetalia)

#28 User is offline   Sarah! 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63343

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hi everyone! Well, this is kinda a dead group, how about we change that? I'll only be going on Saturday to ACen, but I'll be cosplaying Belgium.
I'm actually going by myself this year, so I'd love to meet up with fellow Hetalia cosplayers and hang out- the idea of a second meet up sounds great, count me there!
Always Fail Upwards
ACen 2013 Saturday: Michael Jones's Minecraft outfit (Roosterteeth/Achievement Hunters)
Hi! I'm Sarah, and if you see me, come say hello!

#29 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostBookworm555, on 22 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but what is the potential day for the photoshoot? (I'm planning on going as Estonia on Sunday.)

The official photoshoot schedule hasn't been released so nothing is set in stone yet, but I asked for Saturday as a first choice and Sunday as my second choice. However, there will probably be nonofficial photoshoots/meetups on all three days ^w^ Those will be properly planned when the con schedule gets more final than it is now ^^'

2014 Con Schedule

#30 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostSarah!, on 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Hi everyone! Well, this is kinda a dead group, how about we change that? I'll only be going on Saturday to ACen, but I'll be cosplaying Belgium.
I'm actually going by myself this year, so I'd love to meet up with fellow Hetalia cosplayers and hang out- the idea of a second meet up sounds great, count me there!

Why hello! I'm trying to plan something hetalia for all three days for people who can only go on certain aus so we'll hope to see you around! I have a hunch that there will be a group of regulars from the Hetalia Meetups Chicago page hanging out together (just cos that's usually what happens at cons) so if you want to meet some people before te con, feel free to join te fbook group. We're pretty active (there's a pink to it on the first post I think). But the more Hetalians the better! We usually pock up tandom hetalians troughout cons, anyway ^^'

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that there will definitely be a group of Hetalians wandering around that you can chill with~ (how do you words pft)

2014 Con Schedule

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users