• This topic is locked

Uhhh...

#1 User is offline   Kikai 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60168

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

So the server always crashes when AA reg comes around -- it happens and this year is no different. However, my application timed out six or so times, and I don't know if any went through. D: But now the page is physically gone? It keeps saying access denied. Is there no way to even get on the waitlist? D: Help!

EDIT: Alright, you know what, I'm a derp, please ignore this, I was able to answer my own silly question XD

This post has been edited by Kikai: 12 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

#2 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10248

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Well you can view the status of your submission by clicking on "My Profile" on the top right from the main page (next to "My Cart" and "Log Out"). If you scroll down past your personal info and all that jazz it will show "Artist Alley Submissions" and "pending" if one of your applications went through.

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

I'm no expert, but if you want to check if your request went through go to this page: http://www.ACen.org/...salley/purchase and if it says "Your Artist's Alley request must be approved to continue." it probably went through. Mine did, and that it was it is saying to me. Before the page went live it said something like "you must be the lead artist to purchase" or something like that.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#4 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Yeah, this year we had a lot more problems as well - I finally had to call my sister for help and somehow she was able to get through on attempt #6, which put us on the waitlist. After this, I started getting the "denied" page, so maybe check your profile to see if it updated? (I'm not with staff, obviously, just thought that the situation sounded similar to mine and my sister's.)

#5 User is offline   Kikai 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yep, like I said, I ended up figuring it out, but thanks though, i'm sure others might have the same question and this info helps! :)

#6 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I was continually having a heart attack for the entire time it took me to submit my application. It says "pending" on my account page and I never got a "you're on the wait list" message, so... ...I think I'm OK? :unsure:
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#7 User is offline   Kikai 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostSapphy, on 12 December 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

I was continually having a heart attack for the entire time it took me to submit my application. It says "pending" on my account page and I never got a "you're on the wait list" message, so... ...I think I'm OK? :unsure:/>/>/>

This sounds like what happened to me, so unless the awesome director boss man tells us otherwise, i think we're okay! c:

#8 User is offline   rei_0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4098

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I was continually having a heart attack for the entire time it took me to submit my application. It says "pending" on my account page and I never got a "you're on the wait list" message, so... ...I think I'm OK? :unsure:/>

Yeah I can't remember if it said pending there last year or waitlist when I was on the waitlist. I totally didn't even get a confirmation screen that anything was submitted, I think I managed to last year. I don't know, I spent a very long time just trying to get the website to load at all.
2013 Cosplay - Fluttershy
Red Mage (maybe)

Artist Alley Table 165! Forest for the Trees
Come say hi!

#9 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I was continually having a heart attack for the entire time it took me to submit my application.

Such is a continuity for new artist and veterans alike. :x Now comes the part I dread, the waiting to see if you were indeed accepted. I don't like to jump the gun and assume even though all looks well. So much stuff I want to make!

#10 User is offline   CherryLunar 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62774

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

This is so nerve wracking! Of course this is going to be my first ACen where I (hopefully) get into the Artist's Alley. How long does it normally take before your application is reviewed? I'm just anxious to get out the gate and start making tons of trinkets already! XD

#11 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Looking back on my order history I've noticed I paid for my table last year on the 31st. Knowing me, I would have paid the second I found out so if it's still following suit, there's still a while to go. Sad face.

#12 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Going through my emails, I received a confirmation of approval for my table on Dec. 15. I think registration last year was Dec. 7... so just about a week. Hopefully it goes as quick this year!
I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#13 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

We should have formal / official confirmations out soon. :)
In the mean time, people can check out their current status by visiting www.ACen.org/user and log-in, then scroll down to view your Artist Alley status.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#14 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Well that was expedient, I received my e-mail. Thanks so much!

#15 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

That was quick!
One question. I'm trying to get on to pay for my table, but it keeps telling me I'm not authorized. I purchased a badge already. Am I just ahead of the system, or am I clicking on the wrong page?
Thanks!

#16 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 16 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

That was quick!
One question. I'm trying to get on to pay for my table, but it keeps telling me I'm not authorized. I purchased a badge already. Am I just ahead of the system, or am I clicking on the wrong page?
Thanks!

Are you logged into the website before clicking on that link, are you using the same username that you used to register?

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#17 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm getting the same thing too. No where does it allow me to pay for a table. Neither through "Purchase Badge" nor "Artist Alley Request" links, but I can pay for the artist badge just fine. I've already purchased the badge thinking that might activate something but nope, the Artist Alley page keeps saying "not authorized."

Logged in and I only have one user account. The same one as the prior years.

This post has been edited by Miyuka: 16 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

#18 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMiyuka, on 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

I'm getting the same thing too. No where does it allow me to pay for a table. Neither through "Purchase Badge" nor "Artist Alley Request" links, but I can pay for the artist badge just fine. I've already purchased the badge thinking that might activate something but nope, the Artist Alley page keeps saying "not authorized."

Send me a screen shot and I might be able to see what your looking at.

#19 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMiyuka, on 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

^ ditto. Same account, logged in.
The link i'm trying is: http://www.ACen.org/...salley/purchase

#20 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Send me a screen shot and I might be able to see what your looking at.

Sent.

#21 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thank you, I am working with our Coders to see what we can do to fix this soon.

#22 User is offline   Synbios16 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62913

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thank you, I am working with our Coders to see what we can do to fix this soon.

I've gotten through the access denied parts now, but I'm unable to buy both the table and staff badges at the same time. I get a message at the top of the screen telling me that members of my staff have not yet purchased badges, but it won't let me buy them. Trying to pay for the artist table and 2 artist badges all at once.

#23 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostSynbios16, on 19 December 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I've gotten through the access denied parts now, but I'm unable to buy both the table and staff badges at the same time. I get a message at the top of the screen telling me that members of my staff have not yet purchased badges, but it won't let me buy them. Trying to pay for the artist table and 2 artist badges all at once.

You don't buy staff badges. If your on staff, please consult your department head for information about staff badges, and when staff badges or other badges associated with staff perks take into effect.

#24 User is offline   Synbios16 

• Pip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 19 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

You don't buy staff badges. If your on staff, please consult your department head for information about staff badges, and when staff badges or other badges associated with staff perks take into effect.

Sorry, meant "artist badges" not "staff badges". It's telling me members of my studio (my staff) have yet to buy badges.

This post has been edited by Synbios16: 19 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

#25 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostSynbios16, on 19 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Sorry, meant "artist badges" not "staff badges". It's telling me members of my studio (my staff) have yet to buy badges.

At this point we are working out the final steps of the studio badge process before implementation so there aren't any kinks. :)

#26 User is offline   Synbios16 

• Pip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 19 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

At this point we are working out the final steps of the studio badge process before implementation so there aren't any kinks. :)/>

Okie doke! So I shouldn't be worrying about "losing our spot" if our badges aren't all purchased in the next couple days?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users