Anime Central Forums: How does one get on MAPS board of directors? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How does one get on MAPS board of directors?

#1 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

What are the qualifcations of getting on the MAPS board of directors?
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

For some reason, at one point I thought MAPS was Midwest Animation Preservation Society. Also, didn't know they did a scholarship thing (at least according to their website).

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Poking this thread as I would like an answer as well. :) I'm very curious to see how people can get more active with ACen. Starting with the building blocks! I'm assuming elections are held? When and who votes on them?
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'd like to know about this too. I would love to attend elections or be more apart of MAPS or something.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#5 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's probably vied for like the Game of Thrones.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#6 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

You need at least 2 years of ACen staffing experience to apply when a spot opens up, either by someone retiring, or leaving for other reasons.
New members are elected by the existing members of the board. Generally, when a position opens a notice is sent to ACen staff. We ask for resumes and descriptions of ACen experience, and then we discuss the candidates and cast votes for those we feel are most qualified.

The best way to get on the board is to join ACen staff, and work on distinguishing yourself in a leadership position.
We deal with financial and legal matters and the overall direction and vision of the organization.
We have little to do with the day-to-day functioning of Animecentral, unless we also hold a staffing position.
Hope that made things more clear.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users