Finally have news about a stable release for FtB. Assuming the world doesn't end on the 21st, we'll have it by the end of December.
So I'll give an update on the server rules that I've come up with so far.
1) PvP is enabled, but discouraged (See below)
2) No Stealing or Griefing
3) No item/ block duplication
4) No profanity
5) Pranking is allowed, but I'm still working on specific rules
6) I will create an age dedicated to the ICBM mod. Any use of ICBMs outside this age will result in a ban. Check out DireWolf20's mod spotlight
to see it in action.
I plan to record a "Let's Play" series on both servers & put them on youtube. Hence the no profanity rule, it'd also be great if people can put signs near creations they make out in the world so I can give proper credit.
As a fan of Etho & many guys on the Mindcrack server, my fave vids are the pranks. I understand that not everybody enjoys having to clean up after pranks, so I'd like to set a few rules to protect people that don't want to be pranked. I'm thinking something along the line of making a 3 high by 5 long flag if you don't mind getting pranked.
1) No Fire, Lava, TNT or variations of them (Nova catalyst, nukes, ect.)
2) FtB specific: No trapping people in other ages
I plan to build a PvP arena & even hold PvP events. I'd like to put it over a mob spawner (Zombie prefered). Since 1 in every 5 mobs can pick up items, we can set up something so they get pumpkin helmets & won't burn when in sunlight. FtB will have the Soulshard mod which allows you to craft mob spawners.
Also, DireWolf20's youtube channel
is worth checking out. He's covered most of the mods that are in the FtB pack & he's on the modders private server.