Anime Central Forums: Starting a Minecraft Feed TheBeast server - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starting a Minecraft Feed TheBeast server

#1 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I recently got into playing around with 'Feed the Beast' mod pack for Minecraft. After derping around on a few servers I began to miss the old ACen minecraft server.

Thus I decided to plan on starting my own & invite everybody from the forums. I'll probably wait til the mod pack is out of beta before starting the server, unless there's plenty of people wanting to join. The main reason for waiting is due to RedPower 2 mod having a large affect on terrain generation. I'm told RP2 has 4 major bugs to be fixed before it gets released.

Feed the Beast mod pack is similar to Tekkit except it has permission & support from the modders. It also has a number of additional mods.

How many would be intrested in joining when I get this running?

Info on Feed the Beast can found HERE

This post has been edited by Kitsu-chan: 07 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#2 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

If it was on the 360, I'd totally jump on board.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#3 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I keep wishing PC & Xbox could play together. Even more since I'm also looking at doing a vanilla server along with the FtB server.

Finally got some specifics for the server. I'm buying a new computer to act as a dedicated server. This is due to me wanting to do a 'Lets Play' series on youtube. My current computer can't handling hosting, playing, & recording all at once.

Computer specs that I'm looking for are 8gb Ram or more & 1TB memory. I've found 2 in my price range. After Xmas I'll possibly upgrade it to 10 maybe even 12 gb Ram. I'll start with 3gb Ram dedicated to each server & up it to 4gb after I upgrade the ram.

Both servers are gonna be whitelisted & I prefer offering slots to people here over letting random people join. I'll try to list more specifics on rule & such when I finally get lunch break.

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#4 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Finally have news about a stable release for FtB. Assuming the world doesn't end on the 21st, we'll have it by the end of December.

So I'll give an update on the server rules that I've come up with so far.

1) PvP is enabled, but discouraged (See below)
2) No Stealing or Griefing
3) No item/ block duplication
4) No profanity
5) Pranking is allowed, but I'm still working on specific rules
6) I will create an age dedicated to the ICBM mod. Any use of ICBMs outside this age will result in a ban. Check out DireWolf20's mod spotlight to see it in action.

I plan to record a "Let's Play" series on both servers & put them on youtube. Hence the no profanity rule, it'd also be great if people can put signs near creations they make out in the world so I can give proper credit.

As a fan of Etho & many guys on the Mindcrack server, my fave vids are the pranks. I understand that not everybody enjoys having to clean up after pranks, so I'd like to set a few rules to protect people that don't want to be pranked. I'm thinking something along the line of making a 3 high by 5 long flag if you don't mind getting pranked.

Prank Rules
1) No Fire, Lava, TNT or variations of them (Nova catalyst, nukes, ect.)
2) FtB specific: No trapping people in other ages

I plan to build a PvP arena & even hold PvP events. I'd like to put it over a mob spawner (Zombie prefered). Since 1 in every 5 mobs can pick up items, we can set up something so they get pumpkin helmets & won't burn when in sunlight. FtB will have the Soulshard mod which allows you to craft mob spawners.

Also, DireWolf20's youtube channel is worth checking out. He's covered most of the mods that are in the FtB pack & he's on the modders private server.

#5 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Just a quick update. ETA for the vanilla server is this Wed.

As mentioned before the server will be whitelisted, so anybody wanting to join needs to let me know either here or on facebook.

#6 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

anyone have it for 360? :/
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#7 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Might be my next buy after I have money again. How much does it cost?

#8 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

1,600 MS points.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users