• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Down From Georgia!

#1 User is offline   obsidianbutterfly 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62876

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Well hey there! My name is Lisa, I'm 23, and I'm coming up from Newnan, Georgia to bring my nephew to his very first anime convention. He'll be one year old when I come and grab him. We're not going for the whole time, just for a single day. I'm thinking the first day will be the right one to go to, since the excitement will be fresh for everyone and everyone will be getting in the groove of it and whatnot. Too bad I wont be able to go to the 18+ events XD. It's going to be my first time going to this convention. Down here, I've been going to Anime Weekend in Atlanta for the past five years.

Let's see, I'm a bit of a dabbler nerd. I'm not really "well rehearsed" in any particular thing but I enjoy a lot of different things. I like Doctor Who, video games (Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead, Chrono Cross, Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario), mangas and anime (Higurashi No Naku Koroni, Elfen Lied, Chrno Crusade, Sailor Moon), and internetz (yourfavoritemartian, nyan cat, salad fingers, Charlie the Unicorn).

I'm not one of these "party" nerds. That's what I call them. I also call them the "jock" nerds or the "frat boy" nerds. Meaning that I don't get drunk and high and just "happen to be playing Dungeons and Dragons" while I'm banging my head to dubstep. Not me. I'm also not a squealy Weabo or "Otaku"...the girl who squeals to see someone dressed as Orhime and then glomps the person or rattles on about how much she likes the show and thinks the person is so cute. Dang that's annoying. I don't think I'm Japanese. I like sushi (especially fusion sushi that's half cooked and half not) and I appreciate the culture and find it fascinating but I don't dress lolita every day and walk around saying "baka" half the day.

Obsession is almost never healthy. I'm a fan, not a fanatic. I also don't cosplay, but I've always wanted to. I normally just dress up as my OC characters White Ears and Michelle (daughters of Alice and the White Rabbit in my own twisted version of the after story). Could use work though.

So I have a few questions:::::

I saw that infants up to like age 5 are free if I register him online and that adult one days are bought day of the convention.....so...do I have to register him and then walk in for mine or is he still free if I walk in?

Also, does anyone have any tips or ideas about dressing up or cosplaying a baby when you have no idea who big he'll be?
He looked at me all starry eyed and he fluttered his wings as he softly sighed, "Have you ever seen the secret heart of a flame? How many creatures have ever seen the secret heart of a flame? We moths would rather know beauty once and then just cease to be! Than never know any beauty at all and live an eternity! So we wad up our lives into one little ball and into the fire we throw it all! Into the flames we fly, what a wonderful way to die! Goodbye!"-Shinbone Alley

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users