• This topic is locked

Supernatural 2013

#61 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hello, a Castiel here replying to the forums for the first time lol. I'm glad to see there's a SPN shoot this year, I didn't get to go last year and see all the awesomeness. Some of the pictures on here look amazing, can't wait to see how everyone looks together on Saturday :o
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#62 User is offline   Erinla 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60200

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, I'm going to be Homestuck on Saturday. But doesn't somebody that is in charge of this thread have to officially submit for what times and places the photoshoots will be at?

#63 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Right, the forum leader (the person that started the thread) submits a forum in the Gatherings thread by cactusmomma. It's a bit different from last year, no one seems to know just yet for sure whether they got the slot they asked for or not. Seems that there aren't a lot of people around to help, which is a shame because undertaking the gatherings schedule is a huge task. The only thing to do now is to wait for that schedule to go up, at the moment it's still open so it might be a while. I think the gathering for this shoot was scheduled for some time on Saturday, and Friday too I think?
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#64 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 26997

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostRed Juliet, on 23 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Right, the forum leader (the person that started the thread) submits a forum in the Gatherings thread by cactusmomma. It's a bit different from last year, no one seems to know just yet for sure whether they got the slot they asked for or not. Seems that there aren't a lot of people around to help, which is a shame because undertaking the gatherings schedule is a huge task. The only thing to do now is to wait for that schedule to go up, at the moment it's still open so it might be a while. I think the gathering for this shoot was scheduled for some time on Saturday, and Friday too I think?

The request has been submitted for Saturday, but I think the Friday one was simply of our own volition, so we will have to plan that ourselves (find a place that doesn't interfere with anyone else's shoot). And yes, they are severely understaffed again this year, which makes me slightly nervous since last year was a fun and wonderful experience, but very disorganized. Hopefully the awesome staff that is here will bring their A-Game and rock all expectations. Nice to meet you, Red Juliet, I look forward to seeing your Cas cosplay :)

#65 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'll be around to attend whenever. I really only have this shoot, a possible Trinity Blood, and the BBC/Doctor Who/Sherlock and a few other shoots to snap pics. I always enjoy meeting up with fans to talk about the series and share love for the characters. And this latest season has plenty to talk about. It's nice to meet you as well, M&M : ) I should really start working on my props, I keep putting them off and the con will be here before I even realize it. Anyone else still working on their costumes?
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#66 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 26997

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostRed Juliet, on 29 March 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'll be around to attend whenever. I really only have this shoot, a possible Trinity Blood, and the BBC/Doctor Who/Sherlock and a few other shoots to snap pics. I always enjoy meeting up with fans to talk about the series and share love for the characters. And this latest season has plenty to talk about. It's nice to meet you as well, M&M : ) I should really start working on my props, I keep putting them off and the con will be here before I even realize it. Anyone else still working on their costumes?

Oh hey! I'll see you at the BBC shoot too, then. And the characters are so loveable aren't they? I'm finished with my Dean, and I have long since completed my Cas costume (he was my original plan until I realized there weren't many Deans and we needed one). I'll have my angel blade and lots of other props with me if you end up wanting to borrow some ^_^ Haha, I think a lot of us are still working on perfecting our makeup, though. Almost all of my characters at all the cons I'm attending have facial hair -sigh- Unpleasant.

#67 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

I can't wait to see your costumes! An army of Castiels, I anticipated this, honestly. He's so wonderful. I'm hoping for a villain to show up, a Crowley or a Naomi would be wonderful but I'm not holding up much hope at an anime convention. I'll be attending a sci-fi geekery convention in April that might have some, despite the small size. May I ask how you created your angel blade? I was going to use sculpey but I'm so picky about it being symmetrical I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off. I'm also planning on creating the F.B.I. badge because honestly that was one of my favorite moments. I have never done stubble so I'm incredibly nervous about it. There was a tutorial online for general makeup but I haven't tried the stubble makeup yet.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#68 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49857

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostRed Juliet, on 29 March 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

I can't wait to see your costumes! An army of Castiels, I anticipated this, honestly. He's so wonderful. I'm hoping for a villain to show up, a Crowley or a Naomi would be wonderful but I'm not holding up much hope at an anime convention. I'll be attending a sci-fi geekery convention in April that might have some, despite the small size. May I ask how you created your angel blade? I was going to use sculpey but I'm so picky about it being symmetrical I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off. I'm also planning on creating the F.B.I. badge because honestly that was one of my favorite moments. I have never done stubble so I'm incredibly nervous about it. There was a tutorial online for general makeup but I haven't tried the stubble makeup yet.

Cas is the best. T^T (I really want to do a photo or two of controlled!Cas, like from 8.17. Crypt scene. MY FEELS.)

I made my angel blades out of wood. It takes some time (and wood glue and a wood file), but I'm actually fairly satisfied? (I might be able to link you to a picture, if you're interested.) Otherwise, I know ebay has some prop replicas, but they're pretty expensive.

#69 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

The crypt scene hurt so bad. I knew it would, had been getting spoilers on it for weeks, but still came and hurt. Should have picked a less painful pairing to root for, but I knew who I was going to love before I even started the series. XD As for the prop swords, saw a few but I'm terribly cheap so I can't justify spending that much on a prop when I could make one myself. I'd love to see a pic though. : ) Gosh I wish I had blue eyes. Been practicing makeup but I can't wear contacts and it bums me out.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#70 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61448

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Has there really not been any response for villains? I had planned on an Anna cosplay (mostly because I know I could borrow from my friend's closet because she looks and dresses like Anna and I had 3 complicated cosplays to do but now only have one left) but I could possibly cosplay Eve or Lillith. I would think they would both be easy enough. What does everyone think?
ACen 2013 cosplays
Chidori: Persona 3
Zoe: Firefly
Lenalee: D Gray Man
Tsubaki: Soul Eater

#71 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

I normally dress like a Winchester anyway, so I was gonna be short!Moose!Sam through con in general (I HAVE LIGHTUP BLINKING ANTLERS GUYS), and plan to switch to Dean (aka "take off the antlers, unbutton flannel, drop voice 3 octaves") if-or-when Bullwinkle starts to feel a bit stale.

I do have a viable (closetplay) Meg 2.0 ready just by doing some laundry (also my hair woohoo), so I'll come as that to the gathering if I'm not on shift during the meet. We need a sassy semi-psuedo villian/hellraiser at this unicorn party, so I'm more than willing to step to the plate.~

If I can't make it to the gathering (** do we have a time set already, actually? **), come say hi in the Hyatt or DESCC (schedule in my sig) & I'll pose Supernatural(ly) sassy for a pic or two! c:
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#72 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been a bit MIA these past few weeks! (I have been reading the posts, but typically on mobile where I'm not signed in and therefore unable to reply. And then, by the time I've gotten to a computer, I've forgotten all about it. >_<)

We DO have a spot and a time already! We're meeting at 4pm on Saturday by the Loading Docks A! ^_^ I think our slot is only a half hour, but we can certainly linger if whoever is after us doesn't show, or we can split off and continue our shoot elsewhere. (M&M and I will be continuing ours.)

Does anyone have any questions/comments/things I need to address? (again, sorry for being MIA!)

Looking forward to the weekend!

#73 User is offline   Nana Knoxois 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63163

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postbookkbaby, on 12 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been a bit MIA these past few weeks! (I have been reading the posts, but typically on mobile where I'm not signed in and therefore unable to reply. And then, by the time I've gotten to a computer, I've forgotten all about it. >_<)

We DO have a spot and a time already! We're meeting at 4pm on Saturday by the Loading Docks A! ^_^/> I think our slot is only a half hour, but we can certainly linger if whoever is after us doesn't show, or we can split off and continue our shoot elsewhere. (M&M and I will be continuing ours.)

Does anyone have any questions/comments/things I need to address? (again, sorry for being MIA!)

Looking forward to the weekend!

Hi
I am a femcas cosplayer and a make-up artist. I really want to come to the shoot but I am entering the cosplay contest and won't be able to make that time. Are people still interested on doing a friday night shoot?

Also for those people who need help doing stubble or any dean cosplayer who wants the hand scar. I know how to do both and would love to have someone to practice on.

Thanks
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday~ Erza Scarlet
Saturday~ Toph BeiFong
Sunday~ FemCastiel

#74 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostNana Knoxois, on 12 May 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Hi
I am a femcas cosplayer and a make-up artist. I really want to come to the shoot but I am entering the cosplay contest and won't be able to make that time. Are people still interested on doing a friday night shoot?

Also for those people who need help doing stubble or any dean cosplayer who wants the hand scar. I know how to do both and would love to have someone to practice on.

Thanks

Oooh, that sounds awesome! 8D

If people want to do a Friday night one, they are more than welcome to! There seemed to be a good amount of interest... I'm afraid I won't be there until after 10pm on Friday night (but if people want to do a late shoot, I would TOTALLY attend! If you want to have it earlier, which I totally understand, then go for it!)

#75 User is offline   Nana Knoxois 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postbookkbaby, on 12 May 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Oooh, that sounds awesome! 8D

If people want to do a Friday night one, they are more than welcome to! There seemed to be a good amount of interest... I'm afraid I won't be there until after 10pm on Friday night (but if people want to do a late shoot, I would TOTALLY attend! If you want to have it earlier, which I totally understand, then go for it!)

I looked at the official gathering forum and the hall cosplay judging room is open after 10pm so that would give a location inside because the forecast says it is going to rain all weekend. So what do people think about Friday at 10pm in the Hall Cosplay Judging Room?
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday~ Erza Scarlet
Saturday~ Toph BeiFong
Sunday~ FemCastiel

#76 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

10 is when my train gets in, so I won't be on-site until at least 10:30, assuming everything runs on time. >_< If we could move the time back to 10:30 or even 11, that would work best for me! (If it's not possible, that's ok too!)

#77 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Oh ew, is it going to rain all weekend? :C Bummer. I should look up the rain locations on the gathering sch. again. I'd be up for a Friday photoshoot, I'm not sure where the cosplay judging room is. I'll be around all weekend (except Sunday) so if anyone wants to do any kind of photo op or scenes from the show separate from the official gathering I'm up for it.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#78 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

tbh, I've never been rained out, so I don't know where our backup location is! >_<

And I'll probably be around all/most of the day Saturday and also willing to recreate scenes from the show~! ^_^

(Or, if we have multiple Cas's, scenes from some of the dreams Dean denies having- *AHEM*)

#79 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Inside the convention center lobby, apparently. I have a vague idea where that is. xD I may just wander looking for fellow cosplayers. We do have plenty of Castiels XD "Hello, Dean. What were you dreaming about?"

Any new progress pictures from anyone? I have completed my badge

I still need to finish the angel tablet.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#80 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ahhhh, I can't wait to see your tablet! 8D And your badge looks FANTASTIC, dude, how did you do that?

I don't have many props, unfortunately. I have Dean's ring (made several out of Sculpey! They hold up fairly well?), but I was a ninny and left my angel blades at home. I won't be able to get them before the con, so I'm probably just going to borrow M&M's, if she allows me. >_<

#81 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thanks! I used glossy photo paper for the photo parts, just put those together on microsoft word, the badge holder is some cheap photo holder and the golden emblem was at one point a money clip I dismantled and glued on. I looove sculpey. I made my angel blade out of it (not a big fan of it but people will only see it at a distance so) unfortunately while pulling it out of the oven I burned my arm really bad and I still have the scar. The things I do for cosplay.

Now to finish my last two exams and pack my belongings for moving day next Tuesday. XD I'm also graduating on Sunday so sadly I won't be at ACen that day.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#82 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Spectacular, dear! And congratulations on graduating! 8D

Sucks about the burn... the things we do for cosplay indeed! (I hope you don't mind, but I may attempt to make myself an FBI badge for next year~)

#83 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thank you! It's been a long time coming. XD And no, I don't mind at all, lol. I can't believe ACen is only a few days away. I still have to iron my costume and pack.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#84 User is offline   Nana Knoxois 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostRed Juliet, on 13 May 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Inside the convention center lobby, apparently. I have a vague idea where that is. xD I may just wander looking for fellow cosplayers. We do have plenty of Castiels XD "Hello, Dean. What were you dreaming about?"

Any new progress pictures from anyone? I have completed my badge

I still need to finish the angel tablet.

I love your badge!! You said earlier in the forum that you needed help with makeup? I am a make-up artist so I can help you if you want.

I just finished my angel blade and my Dean necklace.

Okay Friday Night shoot pushed back to 10:30pm we can meet in the main lobby if everyone is more comfortable with that.
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday~ Erza Scarlet
Saturday~ Toph BeiFong
Sunday~ FemCastiel

#85 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Spectacular~ I'll probably put on my cosplay while on the train so we can go immediately to the shoot upon arrival. ^_^ (Ergo, my makeup might not be perfect, but it'll be as good as I can make it? >_<)

And I'm good with meeting in the main lobby! (Of the Hyatt, correct?) From there, we'll be able to walk as a group to wherever is most convenient for pictures.

Shall we say start gathering in the lobby at 10:30 and wait 5-10 minutes for stragglers before moving on?

#86 User is offline   Nana Knoxois 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postbookkbaby, on 13 May 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Spectacular~ I'll probably put on my cosplay while on the train so we can go immediately to the shoot upon arrival. ^_^/> (Ergo, my makeup might not be perfect, but it'll be as good as I can make it? >_<)

And I'm good with meeting in the main lobby! (Of the Hyatt, correct?) From there, we'll be able to walk as a group to wherever is most convenient for pictures.

Shall we say start gathering in the lobby at 10:30 and wait 5-10 minutes for stragglers before moving on?

Sounds perfect!!
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday~ Erza Scarlet
Saturday~ Toph BeiFong
Sunday~ FemCastiel

#87 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostNana Knoxois, on 13 May 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I love your badge!! You said earlier in the forum that you needed help with makeup? I am a make-up artist so I can help you if you want.

I just finished my angel blade and my Dean necklace.

Okay Friday Night shoot pushed back to 10:30pm we can meet in the main lobby if everyone is more comfortable with that.

That would be really cool to get my makeup done! Would I need to bring anything or meet up anywhere? I have the most difficulty with the stubble, I wore it for another convention but it's still new for me. I got plenty of weird looks when we all went out to eat at a normal restaurant after.

Friday at 10:30~ I should write this stuff down so I can remember. I downloaded that guidebook app and it's pretty useful.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#88 User is offline   Nana Knoxois 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostRed Juliet, on 14 May 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

That would be really cool to get my makeup done! Would I need to bring anything or meet up anywhere? I have the most difficulty with the stubble, I wore it for another convention but it's still new for me. I got plenty of weird looks when we all went out to eat at a normal restaurant after.

Friday at 10:30~ I should write this stuff down so I can remember. I downloaded that guidebook app and it's pretty useful.

If you could come like 30 minutes early to the meeting place and bring any make-up you have because I prefer to use yours on your skin, but I will bring mine as well. Yeah normal restaurants in cosplay... you get strange looks alot. I went to one as Toph once and people kept asking me if that is my real hair.
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday~ Erza Scarlet
Saturday~ Toph BeiFong
Sunday~ FemCastiel

#89 User is offline   Red_Hachi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63541

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Sorry this is so late I wanted to make sure I had everything together. I'm also going as Cas! ^-^ I'd love to come to the photo shoot if that's okay. It's my first time at ACen and any convention in general.

#90 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostRed_Hachi, on 16 May 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Sorry this is so late I wanted to make sure I had everything together. I'm also going as Cas! ^-^ I'd love to come to the photo shoot if that's okay. It's my first time at ACen and any convention in general.

No worries, dear! 8D The photoshoot is an open event and you are MORE than welcome to attend! ^_^

(We have the unofficial one indoors on Friday at 10:30pm and the official one at 4pm on Saturday by the Loading Docks. ^_^ Hope to see you there~)

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users