• This topic is locked

Henna for the Ball!

#1 User is offline   Bodhi_Tree_Mehndi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62860

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm going to be in the exhibitors hall this year doing henna. I use all natural, organic henna, and you can check out my websites at www.bodhitreemehndi.com. My blog is at www.northernmehndi.org. If you're interested or you know you want to get henna done, please let me know =) You can email me at bodhitreemehndi@gmail.com if you have questions. I also do some awesome glitter henna that looks amazing in clubs and won't rub off.

<3
Natalie
Owner and Artist
Bodhi Tree Mehndi

#2 User is offline   PrinceScoobert 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59150

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostBodhi_Tree_Mehndi, on 29 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Hello everyone!
I'm going to be in the exhibitors hall this year doing henna. I use all natural, organic henna, and you can check out my websites at www.bodhitreemehndi.com. My blog is at www.northernmehndi.org. If you're interested or you know you want to get henna done, please let me know =) You can email me at bodhitreemehndi@gmail.com if you have questions. I also do some awesome glitter henna that looks amazing in clubs and won't rub off.

<3
Natalie
Owner and Artist
Bodhi Tree Mehndi

Hi, I was wondering how long your henna lasts (usually) and do you have brown henna ink? or just the standard black? Because I'm cosplaying a character that has brown henna on her hands.
ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Jim Kirk - Star Trek 2009 - 0%
Asami Sato - Legend of Korra - 0%
J. Blake - Dark Knight Rises - 90%
Sora (Game I) - 100%
Time to partayyyyy!! :D

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostPrinceScoobert, on 16 February 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Hi, I was wondering how long your henna lasts (usually) and do you have brown henna ink? or just the standard black? Because I'm cosplaying a character that has brown henna on her hands.

Hey there! I do henna off and on, and I wanted to jump in here to clear up some of your questions.

Henna is a plant first off, and is made into a paste, not an ink. The leaves are ground into a fine powder and mixed with lemon juice, an essential oil like lavender oil or tea tree oil, and a sugar like honey or fructose. Henna when mixed with these ingredients releases a compound called lawsone which causes a temporary stain on the skin. The thickness of the skin determines the darkness of the stain, and in some areas it will turn dark brown to almost black.

For myself I leave it on overnight for the longest lasting and darkest stain. When it is first removed in the morning it is a bright orange. By the evening of the first day it is brown, and the next morning it has pretty much reached its darkest stain. It lasts about 2 weeks, but that can depend on how often you wash your hands. As your skin exfoliates the stain will literally grow out. Check out this image that shows the stages of henna.

Never ever use anything called "black henna" it can cause permanent scarring. Google it to find out more.
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

Cosplays 2013:
Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG (picture)
Saturday: Chell - Portal 2 (picture)
Sunday: Ness(female version) - Earthbound/Super Smash Bros. (picture)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users