If you like moving things around, putting them together, and then taking them apart again, this is the job for you! Setup can start as early as 10 AM on Wednesday, so come as soon as you can!
Here's the signup sheet! Click on this to get the ball rolling! This link can also be found on the main site- click Anime Central on the left side and then go down to Volunteer and it'll be on that page.
We've got a Facebook page too! Come on in and give us a few likes
Post questions and comments here!
1. *Keep the same Time Card for the whole day. DO NOT lose it.
2. Must be at least 18 to be a Volunteer. You must show proof of age.
3. Wear your Volunteer Badge (provided after sign up) while working either/both Set-Up and/or Tear-Down.
4. *Doing work for an Exhibitor will not count towards your Volunteer Time.
5. Know your own Strength. IF you can not do a job, stop.
6. Do Not Wear opened-toe shoes when volunteering.
7. Show up to volunteer on Sunday. Your help is greatly needed and appreciated. = )
8. **Do Not Commit to Sunday and Not Show Up! :’(
9. Have an ACen.org Account already set up before arriving at con.
(*Otherwise, your hours earned Will Not count for this year.)
(**This will result in not being able to Volunteer and/or Staff the following year.)
ACen Badge Policy:
An ACen Issued Badge is needed to Volunteer.
No, your hours will not go towards a badge the same year you are earning them.
Hours will only be put towards a refund at the end of the weekend or a roll over for the following year.
You must be in the ACen.org registration system as of Wednesday before con if you are a part of Set Up Team.
Will Call Badges can be picked up at Con and will count as an ACen Issued Badge,only if you:
Are prepared to provide your Username for your ACen.org Account at Sign Up.**
As a Team Member the following will be asked of you:
“Help other departments set up and/or tear down their location.
You might even find a department you would like to work for in the future.
After you have finished one department and you still need hours or are looking for more work, report back to Reagan Room for more instructions.
● Those who are good with cables will be asked to help Main Programming both Set Up and Tear Down.
● Those good with computers will help Tear down Reg and IT.
● Those good with gaming systems & can handle large consoles will help Gaming Set Up and Tear Down.
● Those of you who are good at Tetris will be needed for packing of boxes and the stacking of pallets.
If you have any talent/hobby that could be utilized please feel free to point them out. = )
This helps us, to help you, find out where you would best help your favorite convention! ;-)
Crash Space is available to Team Members:
If you help with Set Up on Wednesday or Thursday and need Crash Space please let us know.
If you help with Tear Down on Sunday and need Crash Space please let us know.
The Sooner we know, The Sooner we can help you, help us. = )
*Any questions: See The Volunteers Department Head.
This post has been edited by Zeth: 08 May 2013 - 01:45 PM