Anime Central Forums: Gatherings 2013 - Check the first post! - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gatherings 2013 - Check the first post!

#61 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I agree as well because I need to know that my form for the Naruto Photoshoots got approved and I want to know did my times are okay since I have Private Photoshoots with some photographers that weekend that I need to get done as well. Plus I don't want to hold up anyone if they have to be in the Masquerade or have a Panel to run.
My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#62 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

If we can just get a list of which gatherings are on what days then that would be nice.
I just need to know what days I need to plan private events for my fandom.
ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#63 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 12 April 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

I agree with jenchan.
I completely understand how hard it must be to plan this entire thing, but it just seems like we keep being brushed under the rug.
You said in mid-March that you had a draft schedule mocked up and that you were posting it soon, but never did. Some of us, myself included, need to know what times our gatherings might happen. I want to be able to actually say I can go to a panel, concert, whatever, and not have to worry about the gathering suddenly being smack dab in the middle of one of those. I need to know if I need to have certain things out of my suitcase when I leave for ACen that morning if I get scheduled on Friday. Heck, I got to let my photographer still know what exact date and where she will need to be.

Since then, there's been a few more meets added in, as well as programming things pulled in..and places being taken out. As of right now, I can't even put out what fandoms are on what days if there's more of them than spaces that there's permission to put folks in. Hopefully, it won't be much longer.

#64 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 12 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Since then, there's been a few more meets added in, as well as programming things pulled in..and places being taken out. As of right now, I can't even put out what fandoms are on what days if there's more of them than spaces that there's permission to put folks in. Hopefully, it won't be much longer.

Thank you for working so hard on this, cactusmomma! <3
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#65 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63110

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I submitted one for Sword Art Online, but there may have been one already submitted. Our leader (roserosered08)wanted to back out and no one volunteered to take her place. So I'll be the contact for that one for now, unless someone else has already stepped up.

Thanks for your work on this! Let us know when you have a tentative schedule!

This post has been edited by ClockworkCutie: 12 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#66 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Saaay, I see a pretty schedule on the first post! :)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#67 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the schedule and the maps!
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#68 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I have updated the ACen Survival Map with the outdoor locations!
http://goo.gl/maps/hrdiL
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#69 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for posting the schedule!

Now off to practice changing really fast...

We requested our Big O gathering to be on Fri. There are some spaces open for 1pm on Fri. Would it be possible to move us to the Loading Docks A @1PM? That way another group (YYH) can take up Big O's spot instead.

This post has been edited by Voxx: 19 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#70 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Cactusmomma. Thank you again for posting the schedule and getting everything so nice and organized! Thanks again! :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#71 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thank you so much for all your hard work, cactusmomma!
Would it be okay to bake you cake or some cookies to thank you for all our hardwork? ; u ;
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#72 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostVoxx, on 19 April 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thanks for posting the schedule!

Now off to practice changing really fast...

We requested our Big O gathering to be on Fri. There are some spaces open for 1pm on Fri. Would it be possible to move us to the Loading Docks A @1PM? That way another group (YYH) can take up Big O's spot instead.

There was no day specified in the request form or in the thread. You guys can still meet on Friday, but there might be one or two folks showing up for the other time, since this is going to the printer. Just let us know if you guys will still be doing that so we can at least note it in the masquerade office, please!

#73 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thanks so much for the schedule! Can finally start figuring out what to do when :)

Yikes. I'm going to have to pull quite a trick on Saturday to debut both my new Pokemon and Fairy Tail cosplays xD

This post has been edited by Washu Takahashi: 19 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Possible ACen 2015 Plans
Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 10%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#74 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi cactusmomma! Just a quick question (mainly because I suck at reading Excel sheets): so the Bleach shoot is 4:30 to 5 PM Friday and 1 to 1:30 Saturday? If I'm not asking in the right place I apologize...
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#75 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for getting this out. However, I sent in a message some time ago asking for the shoot time for the Yu Yu Hakusho photoshoot to be moved to 2pm Friday. Is this still possible? Since the Big O shoot posted to have theirs moved to Dock B, could I request Dock C? Would this be possible? I realize it might not get that way in the printed version, but Friday was a better day overall for everyone.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#76 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for putting up the Gathering Schedule @cactusmomma now I will be able to tell who is outside when I'm walking around and when to stop by for my favorites.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 19 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#77 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

What does it mean if a square is purple instead of white?

#78 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thank you for this information. I'm going to inform my group and the photographers. Thanks again. DSM

Hopefully next year there will be more help with this.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#79 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostIris, on 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

What does it mean if a square is purple instead of white?

cactusmomma can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the photoshoots highlighted in purple are allotted the time blocks immediately succeeding them. For example, on Friday, the Fighter's Friday photoshoot runs from 3 to 4 PM.
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#80 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Where is the Hall Cosplay Judging Room? Lower dome?
Sorry if I missed it somewhere on this thread.
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#81 User is offline   MysterOwns 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59772

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I am with panel programing and i posted up the Vocaloid and the League Of Legend Photo Shoot So Expect Me To Be There ^-^
"Hold on to the ones u love and never let them go or they will be lost to you forever"-Myster
"One Truth Prevails"-Jimmy Kudo
"Lady Luck Is Smiling"-Twisted Fate

#82 User is offline   Cellomanlove 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61246

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 19 April 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thanks for getting this out. However, I sent in a message some time ago asking for the shoot time for the Yu Yu Hakusho photoshoot to be moved to 2pm Friday. Is this still possible? Since the Big O shoot posted to have theirs moved to Dock B, could I request Dock C? Would this be possible? I realize it might not get that way in the printed version, but Friday was a better day overall for everyone.

Hey Cactusmomma! I know the type-moon people were planning for Saturday. So we could take Yu Yu Hakusho's 2PM om Saturday if it's still open :)
2014 Cosplays
-Fate/Zero: Maiya Hisau
-Kyoukai no Kanata: Mirai Kuriyama (idol version)
-Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

learning-to-sew.tumblr.com

#83 User is offline   LhadyChloe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58924

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

is it still possible to get a photoshoot slot for Final Fantasy for a Friday?
NAIB COSPLAY CLUB 2014 ROSTER
FRIDAY - Dynasty Warriors l SATURDAY - Lightning Returns l SUNDAY - Naruto
SELLING MY MANGA COLLECTION
SITE: http://naib-cosplay.webs.com
2013 - Final Fantasy XIII, Fairy Tail, One Piece l 2012 - Bleach , DGrayman, InuYasha l 2011 - Final Fantasy XI, One Piece, Code Geass l 2010 - Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X, Naruto
YouTube l Tumblr l Instagram l Facebook l Twitter

#84 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostCellomanlove, on 20 April 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hey Cactusmomma! I know the type-moon people were planning for Saturday. So we could take Yu Yu Hakusho's 2PM om Saturday if it's still open :)/>

If this is cool with her, it's cool with us. We didn't really want a Saturday shoot and were making plans to announce at a panel on Friday that we wouldn't be having the Saturday shoot, so if this gets the okay from CactusMomma, definitely you get first dibs on that Saturday slot. :D
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#85 User is offline   Pau-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26871

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Oh noes!!! :( I has schedule conflict! Gahh
Tentative ACen 2013 Cosplays:

**TBA:Confirmation**

#86 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on 19 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

cactusmomma can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the photoshoots highlighted in purple are allotted the time blocks immediately succeeding them. For example, on Friday, the Fighter's Friday photoshoot runs from 3 to 4 PM.

Nope, that's right. Example:
Posted Image

Each block is a 30 minute time set per location. Since some span other cells, that means they're big.. or -really- big. Shonen Jump, while massive, each group has their own individual meets.. this is to get main series crossovers out of the way. Since this has potential for half the con, that meet gets all 4 docks. Final Fantasy has an hour here, from 12:30-1:30/gets docks A & B since they have the outside groups of Kingdom Hearts and lord knows how many Turk splinter groups will filter in. Disney has 2-2:30, but the villains split off from 2:30-3:00. Pokemon? Utterly huge, right? 2-3/Docks C & D. 770 current episodes and over 700 possible character cosplay combinations is kind of a lot to swallow!

As for where the hall cosplay room is, please check the schedule book and/or mobile app at con. I'm not entirely sure where it is right now and that's your safest bet.

I'll answer more questions later. I have to get back to cleaning. My in-laws will be here 7 hours earlier than planned tomorrow! (fffffff)

#87 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 21 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Nope, that's right. Example:
Posted Image

Each block is a 30 minute time set per location. Since some span other cells, that means they're big.. or -really- big. Shonen Jump, while massive, each group has their own individual meets.. this is to get main series crossovers out of the way. Since this has potential for half the con, that meet gets all 4 docks. Final Fantasy has an hour here, from 12:30-1:30/gets docks A & B since they have the outside groups of Kingdom Hearts and lord knows how many Turk splinter groups will filter in. Disney has 2-2:30, but the villains split off from 2:30-3:00. Pokemon? Utterly huge, right? 2-3/Docks C & D. 770 current episodes and over 700 possible character cosplay combinations is kind of a lot to swallow!

As for where the hall cosplay room is, please check the schedule book and/or mobile app at con. I'm not entirely sure where it is right now and that's your safest bet.

I'll answer more questions later. I have to get back to cleaning. My in-laws will be here 7 hours earlier than planned tomorrow! (fffffff)

Ah ha. Thank you SO much for clarifying that! (That also answers my question in the Bleach thread... :blush: ) That'll definitely be a life-saver!

#88 User is offline   Chihiro 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62595

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Soooo for the ones that say Rain or Rain only, what happens if it's not raining? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just want to get everything figured out ^_^

#89 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

The "rain" or "rain only" are the locations to be used in the event that during the shoot in question, it happens to be raining and ONLY if it is raining.

The listed locations in order they are as follows: Garden, Tower Overhang, East Outer Wall, Loading Docks A, Loading Docks B, Loading Docks C, Loading Docks D.

No other location should be used at any time EXCEPT in the event it is raining during the shoot, in which case each of the locations listed above has a designated "RAIN alternate location" they should go to. That way each shoot knows where to go and you do not have multiple shoots attempting to use the same location. For example, if it was raining 24/7 during the entire con, the locations would be as follows.

Garden---> held at the Convention Center Lobby
Tower Overhang---> Held at the1st floor Hyatt "back wall" behind the staircase in the lobby
East Outdoor Wall---> Held in the Lower Dome
Loading Docks A, B, C, D--->inside of the convention center lobby

This map, shows the Interior of the Hyatt http://i.imgur.com/72vYg7y.jpg and very nicely shows exactly where the locations "1st Floor back wall" and "Lower Dome" can be found.

If I somehow am misinterpreting what Cactusmama posted, then feel free to correct me.

This post has been edited by fooby: 21 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#90 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Spot on except for the Loading Dock locations...

View Postcactusmomma, on 29 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

If it is raining, all of the Loading Dock groups, head to the inside of the convention center lobby.

No, we do not enjoy getting wet. :rolleyes:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users