Anime Central Forums: Gatherings 2013 - Check the first post! - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gatherings 2013 - Check the first post!

#31 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

So.... uh... When will we know times and places?
I know it takes a while to sort these things out but it has been 3 days since the submissions were supposed to close...
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#32 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 18 February 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

So.... uh... When will we know times and places?
I know it takes a while to sort these things out but it has been 3 days since the submissions were supposed to close...

I'm still waiting on the news of which locations are no longer options(other than the Tree patch and the lower dome), and where people who selected the Tree Patch will be relocated to.

A favor of a reply is requested and will be appreciated.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#33 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

For peeps that didn't see this post by cactusmomma

"2/22: Unfortunately, I don't have any answers right now to the space question. Deadline is off for now (Mid-March tentatively.), but I'll be heading to our staff meeting on Saturday to find out. If you have any questions concerning meetups that need higher-up answering, let me know!"

Yeah the whole issue about photoshoot locations closed off is a big deal especially for those of us who already submitted request forms, but I am sure cactusmomma is trying to sort out everything. Have a little faith people. I know it's almost March and we're starting to get a little antsy but constant demands won't help the process move along any faster >>;; [in my own opinion]

On a different topic: Who's up for the next snowstorm on Monday? <<....I'm definitely not.
~ACen 2014!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice)----Finished
~Pocahontas --------75%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) --------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

#34 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostFlame_Alchemist2002, on 23 February 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

For peeps that didn't see this post by cactusmomma

"2/22: Unfortunately, I don't have any answers right now to the space question. Deadline is off for now (Mid-March tentatively.), but I'll be heading to our staff meeting on Saturday to find out. If you have any questions concerning meetups that need higher-up answering, let me know!"

Yeah the whole issue about photoshoot locations closed off is a big deal especially for those of us who already submitted request forms, but I am sure cactusmomma is trying to sort out everything. Have a little faith people. I know it's almost March and we're starting to get a little antsy but constant demands won't help the process move along any faster >>;; [in my own opinion]

On a different topic: Who's up for the next snowstorm on Monday? <<....I'm definitely not.

And you are? It would have been more helpful it the post was actually to the thread, rather than editing the main post where no one gets an update on. All we really want is an update. We have gone since January since and update, and it wasn't even a "for sure" update.

Thanks for the update, and with all due respect, lets not get off topic here.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.

#35 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Postjenchan, on 23 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

And you are? It would have been more helpful it the post was actually to the thread, rather than editing the main post where no one gets an update on. All we really want is an update. We have gone since January since and update, and it wasn't even a "for sure" update.

Thanks for the update, and with all due respect, lets not get off topic here.

Just trying to ease the obvious tension is all. >>...

I'm running 2 photoshoots as well and I'm just as frustrated but I figured they have to work stuff out with the Hyatt or whatever. One of my groups was supposed to be at the Treepatch but again, was told it's off limits so I'm just as eager to find out more info as well.
~ACen 2014!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice)----Finished
~Pocahontas --------75%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) --------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

#36 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm betting some of the reasons for the blockage probably comes from the hotel, possibly. Been noticing myself that the year before last there were a lot of people, not the shoot groups but others, that seemed to be walking through the flowers and messing up the grass that is made to make the convention center look nice. I don't know the cost of the Rosemont, but I know that sometimes the cost to replace the flowers and grass is more then the orignal planting of them, and if they're hosting an event that's after ACen where they need it to look as nice as possible, think some Business convention, then they have to pay extra to get stuff replaced. So I'm betting it might have something to do with the hotel and convention area not wanting to pay for refixing any of the damaged flora that might be out there, thus blocking things.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#37 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

From what I've been told, it was in the ballpark of $1k+ just to re-sod the treepatch. Jen, you really don't have to be so rude to others, regardless of the lack of information. I only found out some things just yesterday. The first post was edited so the information wouldn't get lost. The first post is also what people generally look at when they open a thread as well.

That said, the dome is still unknown. There won't even be a prop check table for IRT this year, so anyone without a staff badge cannot get upstairs. We have the docks, back of the con center lobby, garden, and east outdoor wall for sure. We're also able to have the tower overhang instead of the tree patch. It's not as scenic, but it does provide for some weather blockage and has fairly decent lighting. My DH/ADH and I are looking into using one or two of the panel rooms under our department as rain backup/indoor spaces.

Thank you guys for the patience and I do entirely apologize for the lack of updates. I post them as I get them and you guys are the first to know.

#38 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 24 February 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

From what I've been told, it was in the ballpark of $1k+ just to re-sod the treepatch. Jen, you really don't have to be so rude to others, regardless of the lack of information. I only found out some things just yesterday. The first post was edited so the information wouldn't get lost. The first post is also what people generally look at when they open a thread as well.

How was I being rude? I was stating facts and asking for information. That is all.

Jenn

#39 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postjenchan, on 23 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

I think this post is what she's referring to. The "and you are" bit wasn't really necessary.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#40 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostValkyrie, on 24 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I think this post is what she's referring to. The "and you are" bit wasn't really necessary.

I just wanted to know who this person was and what authority or position they had...seriously, HOW is that rude? *shrug*

Please, lets return this topic to it's purpose, and if anyone has any issue with me, take it to PM. Thanks!
Jenn

#41 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

After reading the first post in regards to things, I think it might be time for Gathering, given the size, to get it's own department or at least it's own staff? What could the qualifications be?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#42 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

I know I 'm way late on this and I haven't been on the forums for months due to cosplay making but I sent my Submission Forum in for the Naruto Photoshoot. And I hope I got everything submitted right and hope we get the time slots.

This post has been edited by Naruto Kun: 07 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#43 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I am discussing Zelda and Ghibili photoshoots right now. I will submit as son as possible.
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#44 User is offline   ninja13 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62994

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostNaruto Kun, on 07 March 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

I know I 'm way late on this and I haven't been on the forums for months due to cosplay making but I sent my Submission Forum in for the Naruto Photoshoot. And I hope I got everything submitted right and hope we get the time slots.

I already submitted the Submission Forum for the Naruto Photoshoot over a month ago.
Friday - saturday
L -- (death note)
4th hokage or Madara Uchiha w/war fan and scythe -- (naruto)
Saturday
Edward kenway -- (assassin's creed 4 black flag)
Sunday
A mystery Cosplay

#45 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm sorry for not doing it sooner, (like last month... >__>;;; ), but I submitted for the Tokusatsu(Power Rangers/Kamen Rider/etc) shoot for ACen 2013. We're usually a smallish group, so we're fine with most times/locations (assuming larger groups don't crowd us out).

This post has been edited by touma_karamochi: 10 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#46 User is offline   MagnetHero 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63168

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

With the Tokusatsu group I submitted one for the same thing so hopefully it gets put up soon so we can all be like what is everyone bringing. Crossing my fingers it would be on Friday.

#47 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

oh thank you MagnetHero :clap:
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#48 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm sorry to ask AGAIN because I know things are probably hectic right now but is there, maybe, some kind of tentative schedule?
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#49 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I do apologize for the quiet. My net's been out for over a week now and may be for up to another (Comcast is Comcastic. Remember this.). I do know that I'll be able to post up a tentative schedule tomorrow or Wednesday when I will be at my in-laws' place. Instead of pm'ing group leaders like last year, I'll put up the thing and ask if everyone's dandy with it or if any changes need to be made.

I'll also be getting to pm's as this sluggy phone connection allows. Thanks for the patience!

#50 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the update, cactusmomma! :'D
Sorry about your internet! Hopefully it will be fixed for you soon! <3
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Frozen - Anna

#51 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Is it possible to set up 2 photoshoots for the same things, if half the people can make it at one time and half can make it at another? Just curious. A lot of people seem to have not been checking the forums for the photoshoots until this week. >_<
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#52 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 25 March 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

I do apologize for the quiet. My net's been out for over a week now and may be for up to another (Comcast is Comcastic. Remember this.). I do know that I'll be able to post up a tentative schedule tomorrow or Wednesday when I will be at my in-laws' place. Instead of pm'ing group leaders like last year, I'll put up the thing and ask if everyone's dandy with it or if any changes need to be made.

I'll also be getting to pm's as this sluggy phone connection allows. Thanks for the patience!

Will you be posting the schedule in this thread or in a new "tentative schedule topic?" Thanks for the communication :). Hope you internet stays stable! :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#53 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 25 March 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the update and yeah internet disconnection sucks. But looking foward to seeing the schedule and hope my submission went through for the Naruto Shoot.
My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#54 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thank you, cactusmomma. And yes, Comcast is Comcastic. (Especially that guy who couldn't find a weak cable connector in a well-lit basement.)
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#55 User is offline   PrinceAsh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 25123

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Anyone organizing a CLAMP gathering?
Yay, ACen!

#56 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

[EDIT] NEVERMIND, SORRY! I didn't see the comment pertaining to the subject I was inquiring about. I don't know how to delete comments, so heh, sorry again!

This post has been edited by firestixian: 31 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#57 User is offline   Beyah 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63149

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

i am just wanting to know when, or where i can find information about the costly gatherings that are official? i have not seen anything updated here to indicate that.
thank you.

#58 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I just got a text from my Department Head saying that we do have some indoor spaces, but we have to find out where from our Hotel Liason. Things will be bit later this year, but we will get it out asap.

Keep working on your cosplays, haul tail! I know we only have just over a month to go.. the tinychat will be up and running again if anyone wants to group stitch!

#59 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

While it is a valiant effort to try to organize these photo shoots for both ACen and respect of the hotel's favor, I think this needs a dedicated team of people to organize, rather than just one or two people. I think people's patience is wearing thin. People will start taking matters into their own hands and start planning their own shoots, regardless of location restrictions if we don't hear something soon.

Not to be rude, but I know of several people (involved in both my photo shoots and others) who need to know when/where the photo shoots will be so they can plan out their days. Some of these people need to know if they need to be around on Friday, because that's the day they are coming in, and they need some kind of schedule to worth with. Please consider that people do need to plan. I'm getting the feeling that is not being considered by either staff or the hotel.

I understand that the hotel may be being difficult, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. We are 35 days until the convention, and we don't even have a tentative schedule. I understand that without a location it can be a little difficult to plan, but at least give us tentative time blocks, please? Someone needs to sit down with the hotel and work this out.

Can I make a suggestion? I really think that we need a dedicated few spaces in panel or exhibit hall for cosplay shoots to avoid this issue next year. Have local artists paint various backdrops, or offer for groups to paint their own.
Jenn

#60 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I agree with jenchan.
I completely understand how hard it must be to plan this entire thing, but it just seems like we keep being brushed under the rug.
You said in mid-March that you had a draft schedule mocked up and that you were posting it soon, but never did. Some of us, myself included, need to know what times our gatherings might happen. I want to be able to actually say I can go to a panel, concert, whatever, and not have to worry about the gathering suddenly being smack dab in the middle of one of those. I need to know if I need to have certain things out of my suitcase when I leave for ACen that morning if I get scheduled on Friday. Heck, I got to let my photographer still know what exact date and where she will need to be.
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Frozen - Anna

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users