Safest Method to Carry Money

#31 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on 30 April 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

That's actually not a good idea. You should have your id on you. For one thing, 18+ events can only be accessed with an id and there are certain things in the dealer's room that can only be bought with an id. And while that might have nothing to do with you, you should still have your id on you at all times; while it's never happened to me and I've never seen it happen, I know that staffers will sometimes ask people randomly to see their ids and match them to the individual's badge. Also, I've had times when I've bought something with my card and the cashier has asked to see an id, granted, this was at, say, a book store during the holidays, not at the convention, but basically there's no reason for you not to have your id on you at all times and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Also in the event of emergencies, particularly medical ones.

#32 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

i just purchased this: http://www.ebay.com/...=item337d2822bd
It'll hold my phone, camera, ID, Cash, and hotel pass. At least i'm hoping it should lol. I should be getting it this next week. I was trying to figure out a way i could incorporate a pocket in my lulu (FFX) outfit but the only other option i have is sewing a pocket along the fur section somewhere. If i dont like this armband thing i might do that. I'm kicking myself for not sewing a pocket inside my Yevon plush..It wouldve been perfect. Don't wanna cut into it now :/ Bleh. All in hindsight.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#33 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

^ THISTHISTHIS.

I have friends in Artist Alley who can attest to this. Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't keep your cash stuffed in your bra. Seriously. It's gross, at best, and with the way con plague can spread, it's unhygienic at worst.

If you have no way of carrying cash on you besides your badge holder, then ask a buddy who is with you to carry it. I have done the same for my friends in the past.

Also guys, not cool to carry your cash in the wasist band of your undies or pants, that also comes out all wet so yeah...totally gross for those of us that handle money.

As for the question. Wallet with chain, lots of styles out there and you can get them at Spencers and Hot topic with various characters, another is a camara case with pocket, I did that last year and it worked well. I would also suggest if you have a bulky wallet, leave the bulky thing in the hotel room and place it in a safe place. Then take the amount of cash that you want to spend on various days and put it in the wallet/case with only your Id. I wouldn't recommend debit card, and what I tend to do is if i really want something expensive I ask the vendor if they could hold it for me until I get back with more money and leave something, like a card or a number or something so that I have to go back and make sure that the person knows I'm going to come back. Then I go back get my debit card, buy the item then go put the card back to make sure that I don't go flashing it around.

Regarding mech, get a tote bag, they have awesome ones at various places or just get an plain one for cheap and use that. Halloween bags work too. This way you're not carrying too much in your arms. it's what I'm doing this year.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#34 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

I generally suggest to carry a bag that you can wear as close to your person and is hard to snatch off in a crowd. also, make sure it has a zipper or some other way that prevents a quick, snatch and grab with the contents.

Bags I've used include:
drawstring back pack
crossbody drawstring purse
drawstring wristlet

Basically - i think it's best to use something that is out of the way (so you can easily take pics, shop, stop for pics, not misplace excess items etc) and closed.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#35 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostFantasia, on 26 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

This one goes out to the ladies:
Use your bras for a money stasher!
I have stashed things in my bra loads of times and I have never lost a single item.
Try it out sometime~
:3

We've discussed this a while ago (please check out previous posts) and I think we agree money in bras is tacky and/or gross. Please be kind to the vendors and don't give them sweaty money. ICK.
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

#36 User is offline   Silent Hand Grenades08 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17463

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Generally most years I've went my group and I have brought a backpack and rotated on who carries it. That way any wallets, game systems, extra cosplay supplies, or items we purchase have an automatic place to go.
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Saturday and Sunday: Dave Strider (90%)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users