Anime Central Forums: looking for a group - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

looking for a group I want to cosplay this year but no ideas..

#1 User is offline   Dengen 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62793

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

ok so this is me My link im willing to grow my hair out i have already started im about 6'0 and been losing tons of weight, but i cant figure out who to cosplay as so im just wondering if there is any groups of people that would be willing to let me cosplay with there.. i would pick a charter from the anime of course so just let me know thanks..

#2 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61448

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I think you might have more luck if you thought about and listed characters you like or feel connected with. That's where I started in cosplay.
ACen 2013 cosplays
Chidori: Persona 3
Zoe: Firefly
Lenalee: D Gray Man
Tsubaki: Soul Eater

#3 User is offline   Dengen 

• Pip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

well last year i did roy mustang and i really like that it was a blast, this year i was thinking of doing lavi from D gray other then that I've been watching tons of anime, and im still new to the cosplaying world.. may i ask who you will be going as next year?

#4 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

For whatever reason I can not access your link so I'll let you know what I've got going on.

I'm cosplaying Lenalee and bringing an Alan Walker from D-Gray Man so we would definitely welcome a Lavi. There were not a whole lot of D-Gray Man cosplays that I saw last year. Maybe we can plan a meet up?

Other cosplays I have planned:
from Anime: Tsubaki from Soul Eater
Excel from Excel Saga (possibly)
from games: Chidori from Persona 3 and I have a Junpei, Yukari, and Mitsuru joining me
from tv/webseries: Tink from The Guild-I have the whole group other than Bladezz, if you'd be interested in
cosplaying Bladezz
Zoe from Firefly-bringing a Mal, Kaylee, Jayne, and possibly an Inari. If you'd like to
cosplay the doctor, preacher, River, or Wash we'd be interested in having you join us
Martha Jones from Dr. Who-Bringing a Fem 10th doctor (this cosplay was her request)

if you have other ideas, we do lots of different cosplays and if you need advice my friends and I do cosplay commissions so we would be happy to help :)

This post has been edited by Naima Katara: 28 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

ACen 2013 cosplays

#5 User is offline   Dengen 

• Pip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

hmm thats very odd you cant click on my link and kinda lame lol, thats awesome because i was looking for a alan Walker since you will be bringing one thats awesome. yeah im down for a meet up once i get there what hotel you guys staying in? ill be heading up there on the thu before the convention next year.. thats kinda cool you're having a Fem 10th Doctor lol cant wait to see that, if i have the money and stuff ill go as wash from Firefly. i have one friend that is coming with me hes dressing up as D from vampire hunter D gonna be a great time. thats cool yeah becasue if i go a Lavi i have no clue on how to make his hammer i really suck at that kinda stuff as for my costume i was thinking of buying it since i have no idea how to make it.

#6 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I haven't thought about our D-Gray Man costumes yet but there's lots of time. Plus they're military uniforms, essentially, and I've done a lot of those on request from friends. The question is, which version of the uniforms do we do? We like the first version but would probably do the second. The only reasoning against version 3 is I just bought a wig for Lenalee and it wasn't cheap.

The hammer would be the easiest part! Cardboard around a couple of hoops and wooden frame. I think you can get embroidery hoops (like they sell at craft stores and such) that size. Then you could attach dowel rods (probably 6 or so) with small nails between the two for the rest of the frame. Then attach poster cardboard or maybe even vinyl chair material around the whole frame. Paint and enjoy!

As for the hotel stuff, we are staying at the Hilton as of right now. Arriving on Thursday. We usually plan to be there around check in time (3ish) so that we can get our stuff out and ironed, wigs styled, last minute fixes finished, etc.

It would be AWESOME to have a Wash in our group! I'm excited. I just ordered my Mare's Leg and holster for Zoe and I'm working on getting the vest made.

Awesome that you're bringing a D. I haven't seen anyone from that in a while.
ACen 2013 cosplays

#7 User is offline   Dengen 

• Pip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

yeah he was thinking of someone that not many people be so i was like go as D lol, i cant wait for this year.. as for the hammer i can give that a try im not to good at that kinda stuff but yeah for the uniform just let me know what one we will do im down for any one of them. yeah that's so sweet ill look into trying to be wash i love that series i just watched it again the other day its so great.. yeah i will be staying the Marriott ill also be getting there on Thursday so maybe we can meet up that day or something figure stuff out,there will be a few of us staying there not sure if any other friends of mine will be cosplaying besides my friend who is going as D. right now i have nothing bought at all lol im in the middle of working out and stuff to try and get in shape for my cosplay lol here is my facebook maybe you can add me if you want to see a photo of me https://www.facebook...re?ref=tn_tnmn.

#8 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostDengen, on 29 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

yeah he was thinking of someone that not many people be so i was like go as D lol, i cant wait for this year.. as for the hammer i can give that a try im not to good at that kinda stuff but yeah for the uniform just let me know what one we will do im down for any one of them. yeah that's so sweet ill look into trying to be wash i love that series i just watched it again the other day its so great.. yeah i will be staying the Marriott ill also be getting there on Thursday so maybe we can meet up that day or something figure stuff out,there will be a few of us staying there not sure if any other friends of mine will be cosplaying besides my friend who is going as D. right now i have nothing bought at all lol im in the middle of working out and stuff to try and get in shape for my cosplay lol here is my facebook maybe you can add me if you want to see a photo of me https://www.facebook...re?ref=tn_tnmn.

haha. I totally work out just for ACen too! I was down 30 lbs for ACen last year. I'm going for another 15 this year even though I'm told I'll be too skinny if I'm 130 at 5'10" I say meh.

I'm down for getting together on Thursday night sometime. My friends will dig getting to hang out with some other people. It's one of the reasons we go to conventions :)
ACen 2013 cosplays

#9 User is offline   Dengen 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

heck yeah same here i was just telling my friend that i found some ppl to hang out with he was like sweet lol.. 5'10 and 130 i think thats fine not to skinny lol i need to get down to 200 im at 6'0 and 230 right now lol.. where you guys gonna be coming from? jw ill be driving there from michigan also if you have a fb feel free to add me if you like as well..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users