Farewell Hostess Maker if iconic brands such as Twinkie, Ho Hos, Wonder Bread

#61 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 01 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

While that does sound like a huge D-bag move (and it most likely is), who can say the execs will ever be able to work again. Now granted I don't know anything about any of the execs from any companies, but it seems to me if you're a some bigshot in a company and it goes ka-put, what would be the odds of another company giving you that same postion in their company? It's not like you have a great track record of success. Where as blue collar pepole can always get work in another company. So they proabably have to live off this the rest of their lives. Maybe, not saying it's true by any means. Just a thought that popped into my head.

So im just gonna let you look at what you typed and realize what you said. (i know this was to keep em on board to get rights out...) But, you seriously arent justifying this...and with the reasoning execs might not get another job..
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#62 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Actually, he's right. Some friends of mine and I came to the same conclusion. It's a play that not many approve of, but the fact is, these execs may indeed have a tough time getting a job of that level again. (If at all.) It's not a matter of justification. It's a matter of logic in business.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#63 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 02 December 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Actually, he's right. Some friends of mine and I came to the same conclusion. It's a play that not many approve of, but the fact is, these execs may indeed have a tough time getting a job of that level again. (If at all.) It's not a matter of justification. It's a matter of logic in business.

I'm all for what's right...but look at the current state of (our level) of economy. How many people are actually "settling" with jobs instead of getting what they want? My old theater job has more over 30 folk then teenagers. Heck, there are only like 1 or 2 teens there. They have to adapt. Like us regular people. I don't see us normal folk getting any sort of assistance like that. "Oh, you might not get a job like that again because you got fired for not knowing what you are doing, here, let me give you some money." That isn't business logic. Why do lower wage people (talking anything that isn't exec level) have to worry about drowning, yet execs get an oar?

To add, they have millions (most likely) saved up. I SEVERELY doubt they will be struggling...ever. Live with means. Sell that super expensive mansion...car...move somewhere a tad bit modest, find a job (I'm sure they will have connections too...and even not, they would still be able to get a decent job...maybe not the huge pay they made, but life ain't fair)

That's what I'm getting at.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#64 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 02 December 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm all for what's right...but look at the current state of (our level) of economy. How many people are actually "settling" with jobs instead of getting what they want? My old theater job has more over 30 folk then teenagers. Heck, there are only like 1 or 2 teens there. They have to adapt. Like us regular people. I don't see us normal folk getting any sort of assistance like that. "Oh, you might not get a job like that again because you got fired for not knowing what you are doing, here, let me give you some money." That isn't business logic. Why do lower wage people (talking anything that isn't exec level) have to worry about drowning, yet execs get an oar?

To add, they have millions (most likely) saved up. I SEVERELY doubt they will be struggling...ever. Live with means. Sell that super expensive mansion...car...move somewhere a tad bit modest, find a job (I'm sure they will have connections too...and even not, they would still be able to get a decent job...maybe not the huge pay they made, but life ain't fair)

That's what I'm getting at.

I completely agree with this. Those guys will be fine. It's the union workers that will be out in the cold unless whoever buys the rights will keep those bakeries open for them. (Similar to steel mills getting bought up in the early 2000's)
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#65 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Am I justifying it? Not entirely. While I do think that maybe they won't get work again, I will admit they proabably don't need the amount they got to live comfertably. Also if the union workers are going to just walk away from their job and money, why not take what is left in the company since you know you're not going to get work again. I really can't feel bad if the union workers knew if they kept the strike up they'd be out of job. Really I part of me thinks they shouldn't even get unemployement since they help cause their own unemployement.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#66 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Again, I don't believe these bonuses are for them because they need the money. It's to get these people to stick around for the liquidation and to not bolt immediately for greener pastures. Will these execs get other jobs? I'm am pretty positive they will and it will likely be easier for them than most of the other union and non-unionized factory workers.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users