• This topic is locked

May'n Sheryl Nome's singing voice from Macross F

#1 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Of course, that's not all she sang, but...

May'n, whose real name is May Nakayabashi, is a extraordinarily talented ani-singer who's done the OP to Shangri-La and a multitude of other songs from animes such as Scarlet Aria and Accel World. She is, of course, the singing voice of Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier, which was, arguably, the most popular anime coming out of 2008.

She's performed at Anime Expo as well as Anime Festival Asia and if she came out to Anime Central, I seriously think she'd blow everyone's socks off. Have you guys seen her perform live? I'm at work, so I don't have access to Youtube, but if you've got the time, please check out her live cover of fripSide's Only My Railgun from Tou Aru Kagaku no Railgun. Her lives are amazingly powerful and she's got a hell of a lot of charisma on stage.

Please bring May'n to ACen's Sweet Sixteen!
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

#2 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm a big fan of May'n. Just missed catching her live in Shibuya by a day when she was promoting the release of Heat at Tower Records. While I love the idea of bringing her to ACen, we really can only host one main act (pun intended) per year, and I'm working on someone else right now. Granted, things can change, so let's hear what everyone else thinks! If not this year, there's always next year!
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users