Anime Central Forums: Updates from the Masquerade/Hallway department - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Updates from the Masquerade/Hallway department Sorry for the silence

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Greetings ACen cosplayers. My DH Jon and I are very sorry about our silence over the past few months. We needed some time to figure out what we were going to do about 2013. After many months of long thought and weighing our options and the pros vs cons, we came to a decision.

We are coming back. We are making some MAJOR changes though. Don't worry, it's for the good!

A few things that will be changing:

-Our location. We're bidding for a bigger and more convenient space so that we can better serve you.
-Adding a "Masters" category to the Hallway. THIS IS A TRIAL RUN. I will open pre-registration FOR MASTERS ONLY and only if I get a certain number of entrants will I open this category up for people to be able to compete.
-Adding a new section for the "Costume Workshop". Unfortunately I don't want to give too much information on this until we have more certainty.
-Working with ACParadise on a new system for signing people up for the Masquerade as well as placing people in their craftsmanship categories.

Lots of new ad exciting things for next year. Thank you for your patience.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

May I ask where the Hallway contest will be held and what the time slots will be?
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#3 User is offline   TasukiHoney 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59634

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Will this be happening on friday ? The costume I want to show I will be wearing on Friday. Thank you!
ACen '14 Cosplays-
Tezuka or Fuji - Prince of Tennis
Nightmare from Alice in the Country of Hearts <3
Possible Ren from Free!

TEZUKA FOREVER!!! teni puri love!!

#4 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

ThatOneChick, thanks for redirecting me here a while back (I believe that was you who did it). I'm looking for specifics also, specifically for the Hallway contest thing. I don't even know where it's usually held? Also, a prospective date at least would be good for travel plans. I'm coming from downstate. :) Thanks in advance!
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#5 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Can we enter costumes that are inspired by western media as well? Thanks ^_^
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#6 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys! Sorry for the silence. We've been busy little bees. This year the Hallway Contest is back in DFW A.

Times:
Friday 12-2 and 4-7
Saturday 11-3

AWARDS LIST
-Best Individual Novice (Friday and Saturday)
-Best Individual Journeyman (Friday and Saturday)
-Best Individual Masters
-Best Group (One for both)
-Best Prop (One for both)
-Three judges awards (One for both)
-Rising Star (One for both)
-Best Child (One for both days and only if a minimum of three compete)
-Best American Based Cosplay (One for both)
-The Thriftiness Award (Closet Cosplay)(One for both)

RULES
-The person who made your costume must be present to answer questions by the judges.
-You MAY NOT compete with the same costume in the Hallway and the Masquerade. I go to both events, if I see you wearing the same costume, you will be disqualified.
-You may compete both days, but the costumes must be different and you can only compete once per day.
-If a part of your costume (prop, wig) was made by someone else, you must tell the judges.
-You need to bring at least one progress photo that is visible to the judges via print out, cell phone, ipod, computer, etc (we will be lax on this rule)

We are TRYING a Masters category this year. We'll see how it goes.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#7 User is offline   SnippedHerStrings 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60211

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Forgive me, I'm still getting used to the set up of the set up of the forums, but do we have any idea on what date and time the Masquerade will be happening?
Cosplay 2013:................Past Cosplays
(Maybe) Lady Entei- 100%.................Sasori from Naruto (ACen 2008-2009)- Retired
Mareep Gijinka- 86%........................Nekozawa from OHSHC(ACen 2009-2010)-On Break
Meulin Leijon- 83%..........................The White Rabbit: Personal Design(ACen 2010-2011)-On Break/To be retired
/) /)..................................................Lady Entei from Pokemon/Personal interpretation(ACen 2011)-On Break
( . .)...................................................Mareep Gijinka from Pokemon/Personal interpretation(ACen 2013)- Active
(uu)o.................................................Meulin from Homestuck(Acen2013)-Active

#8 User is offline   chalicity 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61773

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm rather new to this all, but my friend made my costume and I thought entering it in some sort of contest would be spectacular! I have no idea what to expect --- do I just show up with her at the time? at this "DWF???" hallway? (whatever that stands for?)

I also have no idea what the masquerade details are - all I can find online are rules, nothing that explains what's involved for novices - like "skits" versus "walk-ons." Really, I was just hoping to get my costume seen and judged and any info you give me would be super!

Thank so much!

This post has been edited by chalicity: 09 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

---
ACen 2013 Cosplay: Codex (The Guild), Miss Fortune (League of Legends)

#9 User is offline   Zeroatu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62192

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hey! I was just wondering if there would be pictures posted of all of the competing cosplays for the Hallway Contest. I'd love to see them~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users