Anime Central Forums: Power Rangers Actors! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Power Rangers Actors! Who else is ready to celebrate the 20th anniversary?!

#1 User is offline   Pau-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26871

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hey guys!

I don't know how many people realize this, but 2013 marks 20 years of Power Rangers! I think it would be really cool if we could have Jason David Frank, or Johnny Yong Bosch there this next year, as well as any other PR actors/esses that we could get our hands on! I'm super stoked for the 20th anniversary and what better way to celebrate than bring some of them to ACen? Just a suggestion!
Tentative ACen 2013 Cosplays:

**TBA:Confirmation**

#2 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Never did like the power rangers. It pissed me off how they pretty much stole from voltron.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#3 User is offline   Pau-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26871

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I grew up on them, so I really liked it.
Tentative ACen 2013 Cosplays:

**TBA:Confirmation**

#4 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

They were here before, but given that there is an anniversery coming up, it would be good to have them come back!
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#5 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

@Isamu

Umm.....

You do know that Super Sentai (what Power Rangers is based on) started in 1975 as Himitsu (Secret) Sentai GoRanger, right? It was followed by J.A.K.Q., Battle Fever J, and by 1981, Denshi Sentai Denjiman.

GoLion (Voltron in the US) aired in Japan in 1981, then was brought over to air in 1984 in the US. So it is true that Zyuranger (MMPR) aired 10 yrs after, but you can't just say that Power Rangers is based on Voltron, when in the Japanese history, it's the opposite.
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#6 User is offline   pinkranger 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62057

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Lets just say that I have suggested ACen to multiple PR actors.... and several of them expressed interest.....

And there will be a bunch of PR cosplayers there this year as well. More than last year.

#7 User is offline   JDM 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18044

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

It would be cool to have the "No Nerds Here" group talk about their new web series, which is about appearing as Power Rangers at fan conventions.

Nakia Burrise -was Tanya who appeared at the end of the Alien Ranger series to receive the Zeo Crystal and continued through the Turbo movie and halfway into Turbo.

Jason Faunt -was the Red Time Force Ranger. I think time force is a favorite season for alot of Power Ranger fans. He was more recently the motion capture actor for Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil 6. I would personally like to meet him, because he went to the same high school as me in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

Jessica Rey - was the Noble Tiger Ranger in Wild Force, which was the 10th anniversary season of Power Rangers.

#8 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

It would make more sense just to have the actors/actresses from the mighty morphin era. Nothing against Jason Faunt, Dan Southworth (Eric - Quantum Ranger)or any of the other actors and actresses, but it's 20th anniversary of MMPR, not Time Force or any of the others.
Walter Jones (Zach)
Amy Jo Johnson (Kimberly)
David Yost (Billy) - Bash on him all you want, but he was a main character after all.
Austin St John (Jason)
Jason David Frank (Tommy) - Best one of the bunch
Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam)
Karan Ashley (Aisha)
Steve Cardenas (Rocky)
Robert Axelrod (sp? - Lord Zedd's voice)
Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy (Bulk and Skull) - they're a must.

There are my thoughts. Agree or disagree if you wish. A shame the original yellow ranger is dead.
Cosplays in progress for ACen 2014:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users