New Star Wars movie coming in 2015 Disney buys Lucasfilm

#31 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 31 October 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Ill guarrantee you it'll be something already written and it will be placed after return of the jedi.

Apparently the next episode "will not be an adaptation of any existing licensed Star Wars material" so says this article from IGN. I really wonder what it's going to be... serious? Fun? Neither?
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#32 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 31 October 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

c:

#33 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 31 October 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Apparently the next episode "will not be an adaptation of any existing licensed Star Wars material" so says this article from IGN. I really wonder what it's going to be... serious? Fun? Neither?

Eh I should have been more clear. I don't mean that its been published in book format. I mean its a preconcieved story. It may or may not take from 'canon' material, but just calling it episode 7 suggests to me its a continuation. Not a precall.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#34 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Postlinlindesu, on 31 October 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Ya know the guy who directed that and urged Disney to do it also directed WALL-E and Finding Nemo so Disney was very happy to back him
And they were skeptical when Jason Segal wanted to write a new Muppets film ( the guy in R rated films and what have you? no way) which of course was a critical and financial success
Even with the best people sometimes a gamble is a gamble
Don't get me wrong, John Carter was a terrible movie. But I do have faith Disney has something to "bring to the table" with Lucasfilm in it's tool box.

Agreed completely. As mentioned, Disney's sci-fi track record has been a bit subpar but with Lucasarts, there are many minds to come together to hopefully put up a masterpiece...because unfortunately, I'm afraid this has caused many people to already put ridiculously high expectations on this upcoming original movie and they may only be satisfied with such. If they are markedly better than I-III, I think I'll be happy with that.

Also, I'd prefer to not have a bunch of silly comedic bits. PG or PG-13 please.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users