Legend of Zelda Gathering

#31 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62724

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostGabichox, on 13 March 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Just curious, is this going to be a 30 minute or 1 hour shoot?

Hi, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, dealing with school and all. But now that I just started spring break, I'll be able to check notifications more often. We are not sure yet on how long the gathering will be, but if I had to estimate then I would say an hour. That way if people can't make it at the start, they can come later. However, we are still waiting to be confirmed as a group by ACen for our photo shoot.
2013 ACen Cosplay

Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Total Progress: 50% Complete *updated 1-09-12

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#32 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostSoldier Saturn, on 25 March 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hello. Is the photoshoot final for Zelda? I can't make a 1pm, I was hoping for a 4pm though...but that is ok if it is already set. I'll be walking around in my costume still around that time. I was at the gathering last year and it was lots of fun. Make sure it is not in a muddy location though, the poor midna's got so muddy last year and it was kind of hard on their costumes I imagine.

Hello, it is not final yet but we did already request the 1pm time frame. We hope you can make it though because the more people, the better! :) Thank you for the helpful suggestion too! I don't want my Midna cosplay to get ruined. I'm sure we will have the official location, time, and other info ready very soon.
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#33 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostGabichox, on 13 March 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Just curious, is this going to be a 30 minute or 1 hour shoot?

Well, we're going to try to keep it as short as possible, providing most people are on time.
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#34 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostAsha H, on 25 March 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hello, it is not final yet but we did already request the 1pm time frame. We hope you can make it though because the more people, the better! :)/> Thank you for the helpful suggestion too! I don't want my Midna cosplay to get ruined. I'm sure we will have the official location, time, and other info ready very soon.

Agreed. We don't really know what time they will give us, and we had to submit a time before we lost our chance to put it for a photoshoot at all.
Me, personally, I will be in a skit in the Masquerade and I don't even know what time that starts, all I know is that it's Saturday afternoon...so I'm hoping that I can make the Zelda photoshoot then go change for my skit. I'm pretty certain a 4 pm would make me have to miss the Zelda photoshoot...but, we can also see about setting up a sudden and improvised photoshoot for like Friday or Sunday, or even requesting to have two Zelda photoshoots each at a different time.... We'll see what happens when the schedule is posted.
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers

#35 User is offline   Soldier Saturn 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62079

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

That is ok Marin, there is no way I can wear my costume on Friday or Sunday due to how much time and room it takes to put on. I will try to make the 1pm on Saturday and if not oh well, I will be walking around that evening in mine none the less. Zelda is usually a big gathering (more so if the word gets around) I would suggest an hour honestly, you can always end early if no one new shows up but all the conventions I have been too it has been either a big turnout or a group shows up a half hour later.

#36 User is offline   Kickastina 

• Sprite Of Curiosity
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58914

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Oh, so exciting!
Last year was a lot of fun (I went as Skull Kid from MM) and I hope to be there too this year!
Though I'm not sure if I will have enough time or money to join in this year. :(
If I do, I was thinking Tetra from WW would be pretty awesome.

Regardless- I'll see if I can come by for pictures! ^^

I don't know what else to really put here....
So have a nice day. ^^

#37 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostKickastina, on 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Oh, so exciting!
Last year was a lot of fun (I went as Skull Kid from MM) and I hope to be there too this year!
Though I'm not sure if I will have enough time or money to join in this year. :(/>
If I do, I was thinking Tetra from WW would be pretty awesome.

Regardless- I'll see if I can come by for pictures! ^^

Hope you can attend! ^_^
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#38 User is offline   Skyward 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59588

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostMarin Musica, on 08 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I just wanted to get the request in before it was too late. But I'm not sure if we will get that time slot or not, and I have no idea if they will place us in the spot I requested or not.

You are more than welcome to help me run the photo shoot! I'll most likely be wearing my new Bunny Link(from A Link to the Past) costume and will have very limited vision and hearing. So I really won't be able to shout out groups or ask for any requests, but I can assist you if you want to do it. :)/>/>/>

How it usually works is this...

1. We do one big group shot with everyone first

2. We break it down (usually by game or system) and do smaller groups

3. Then we try to do things like "all of the princesses", "all of the Links", "all of the females who aren't Zelda", "all of the males who aren't Link".

4. These sub groups can be broken down further, like "all of the goddesses from the Oracle series", "all of the Zelda's from Ocarina of Time (including sheik)", etc.

5. Then we normally ask if there are any requests and try to do as many of those as possible (such as "The Happy Mask salesman trying to steal Imp Midna's mask" or "Groose and all of the ladies")

6. We usually end with another full group shot. (people tend to not arrive on time and miss the first one, and sometimes people leave the photo shoot early too))

The goal is to get everyone in multiple photos. The Zelda group tends to be very large, so we do the break downs so that everyone can get photos that they can see themselves in. Everyone puts a lot of work into their costumes and they like to be able to see themselves next to other people in similar costumes. It makes them happy. :)/>/>/>

this might be a silly question, but for when you call "all the Zeldas" or "all the princesses" or "all the females", Sheik counts right? (and I know there is an argument for Sheik's gender haha but I consider Sheik a female)

#39 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostSkyward, on 29 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

this might be a silly question, but for when you call "all the Zeldas" or "all the princesses" or "all the females", Sheik counts right? (and I know there is an argument for Sheik's gender haha but I consider Sheik a female)

Haha, yes, Sheiks AND Tetras count as Zeldas. "All Princesses" would include Zelda (and her various aliases), Ruto/ Lulu, and Midnas two forms (and Agatha from TP...If I remember right she calls herself a princess)

View PostSoldier Saturn, on 27 March 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

That is ok Marin, there is no way I can wear my costume on Friday or Sunday due to how much time and room it takes to put on. I will try to make the 1pm on Saturday and if not oh well, I will be walking around that evening in mine none the less. Zelda is usually a big gathering (more so if the word gets around) I would suggest an hour honestly, you can always end early if no one new shows up but all the conventions I have been too it has been either a big turnout or a group shows up a half hour later.

Well, I'm not sure what time slot they will give us. They didn't have a place listed for "how long do you think you'll need"
what costume are you bringing, may I ask?

#40 User is offline   AlyssaSue 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63069

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Also not cosplaying as anything from LoZ butttt I love Midna and I hope to see you there and get a picture!!! :)

#41 User is offline   Soldier Saturn 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62079

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 09 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Haha, yes, Sheiks AND Tetras count as Zeldas. "All Princesses" would include Zelda (and her various aliases), Ruto/ Lulu, and Midnas two forms (and Agatha from TP...If I remember right she calls herself a princess)

Well, I'm not sure what time slot they will give us. They didn't have a place listed for "how long do you think you'll need"
what costume are you bringing, may I ask?

Looks like I will be able to make it after all for the 1pm. :) My costume will be either Fi from skyward sword or Great Fairy Queen from wind waker.

#42 User is offline   DRAGONRA08 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61023

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm cosplaying as dark link. where are we meeting at?
DARK ASSASSIN: PRINCE OF DARKNESS

#43 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Agreed. We don't really know what time they will give us, and we had to submit a time before we lost our chance to put it for a photoshoot at all.
Me, personally, I will be in a skit in the Masquerade and I don't even know what time that starts, all I know is that it's Saturday afternoon...so I'm hoping that I can make the Zelda photoshoot then go change for my skit. I'm pretty certain a 4 pm would make me have to miss the Zelda photoshoot...but, we can also see about setting up a sudden and improvised photoshoot for like Friday or Sunday, or even requesting to have two Zelda photoshoots each at a different time.... We'll see what happens when the schedule is posted.

I'm so late in seeing this.
I'd just like to say thank you guys for being on top of things and organized! Especially since there's a lot of things up in limbo this year about locations and times orz.

I know Cactusmomma looks on each thread and gives extra time to larger groups depending on if they need it. Even if they don't ask for it or put in a request.
But if that doesn't happen... Would it be possible to have like an unofficial shoot on Friday? I'm sure there are some Zelda cosplayers that will only be there Friday or only have their costume Friday. I know we can't please everyone, but an unofficial shoot may help.

edit::
Never mind the schedule came out and apparently no changes can be made to it.

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 20 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agn├Ęs Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#44 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 08 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Then I shall let you run the show and if you need help, you can just ask me!:)/>

Any news on whether or not we got the area for the gathering?
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#45 User is offline   Skyward 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostAsha H, on 03 May 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Any news on whether or not we got the area for the gathering?

I think we are Saturday at 1pm, East Outdoor Wall

http://www.ACen.org/...13-schedule-up/

#46 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostSkyward, on 04 May 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I think we are Saturday at 1pm, East Outdoor Wall

http://www.ACen.org/...13-schedule-up/

Thank you! Less than two weeks before the convention. :w00t:/>
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#47 User is offline   Skyward 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

omg I can't even finish my cosplay until I get back from school... which will be the Tuesday before the con ._.
anyone else not done with their cosplay?

#48 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostSkyward, on 05 May 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

omg I can't even finish my cosplay until I get back from school... which will be the Tuesday before the con ._.

I'm still waiting for part of my cosplay in the mail and I have to make other stuff for it too. I'm cutting it close and getting a bit worried too.
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#49 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostAsha H, on 05 May 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for part of my cosplay in the mail and I have to make other stuff for it too. I'm cutting it close and getting a bit worried too.

View PostSkyward, on 05 May 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

It's ok, take a deep breath and calm down.
What do you have left to do? ( i may be able to give some tips and tricks?) You'll have to try to organize yourself and plan your time wisely. When it's crunch time like these, we all freak out. It's normal for us congoers.

ALSO, we are set for 1 pm at the East Outdoor Wall.
Unfortunately, they have only given us a half hour time slot. If people want to show up a little early (and as long as we don't take the space away from the photoshoot there in front of us) then we can maybe start ourselves a bit sooner, then move into the right place.

This post has been edited by Marin Musica: 09 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users