• This topic is locked

Legend of Zelda Gathering

#1 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62724

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi guys, this is going to be my first year at ACen! I'm going as Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It is one of my dreams to meet up with other cosplayers and take a huge picture together. If anyone has been to ACen before, please reply and help me so we can organize something. Like where to meet, what day, time, and all that stuff. I really want to hang out with someone.
2013 ACen Cosplay

Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Total Progress: 50% Complete *updated 1-09-12

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#2 User is offline   wolfgirl2009 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62725

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

although im not cosplayin anyone from zelda..i am still a huge fan of the game...im just cosplayin as a kinda wolfy type person...if that makes sense lol...but yea...that does sound fun..not sure how it would work..hmmmm...
Pip Pip Da Doodley Doo
Dear ACen 2015....HURRY UP!!!!

#3 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Have you been to ACen before? Maybe we could find a spot to meet like a booth? Not sure how it's set up so not sure if there are booths but yeah. I'll bring my camera too.

#4 User is offline   wolfgirl2009 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62725

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

i went last year and it was my first year too...there are a lot of booths for shopping and fanart type things...but we would have to see what booths there are and they wont say till it gets closer to ACen 2013
Pip Pip Da Doodley Doo
Dear ACen 2015....HURRY UP!!!!

#5 User is offline   chibi-usagi101 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61262

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm not really into organizing it, but if there is a Zelda gathering/ photo shoot again this year i'm totally up for it! I'm going to be dressed as Twilight Princess Zelda with my bf as Link for most of the weekend :)

#6 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is anyone organizing this gathering? Or did it last year? We should probably submit our times soon.
It looks like last year it was on Saturday 1:30-2pm, which is always a good time. I have no idea about location though since I don't remember where they all are.

Also I'm bringing Deku Princess!Gijinka. I don't know if I'll wear it to the shoot since I want to be Agitha as well... I'm still trying to decide orz
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#7 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostGabichox, on 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Is anyone organizing this gathering? Or did it last year? We should probably submit our times soon.
It looks like last year it was on Saturday 1:30-2pm, which is always a good time. I have no idea about location though since I don't remember where they all are.

Also I'm bringing Deku Princess!Gijinka. I don't know if I'll wear it to the shoot since I want to be Agitha as well... I'm still trying to decide orz

Well, I started the form but you seem like a leader here! This is going to be my first year and if it's been done before then we can do this. It would have to be on Saturday because that is the main day I'm guessing, so time and place meeting is another issue.
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#8 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postchibi-usagi101, on 09 January 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

I'm not really into organizing it, but if there is a Zelda gathering/ photo shoot again this year i'm totally up for it! I'm going to be dressed as Twilight Princess Zelda with my bf as Link for most of the weekend :)/>

Wonderful! The more, the merrier. The planning is underway with the new year in tow.
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#9 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

[I don't know if this will be posted twice since every time I try to post, the page messes up. sorry in advance!]

Oh no no! By all means if you want to run it, you can! I just wanted to offer some suggestions since I've run some shoots before :>

I found the list of photoshoot locations with pictures. I think the garden or east outdoor wall would be best. They had it at the tree patch last year but it seems like that's restricted for some reason this year.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#10 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostGabichox, on 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

[I don't know if this will be posted twice since every time I try to post, the page messes up. sorry in advance!]

Oh no no! By all means if you want to run it, you can! I just wanted to offer some suggestions since I've run some shoots before :>

I found the list of photoshoot locations with pictures. I think the garden or east outdoor wall would be best. They had it at the tree patch last year but it seems like that's restricted for some reason this year.

That's alright, I was having trouble too. Wow, really? I'd love to plan this and gather up people. Thank you very much for that "Stuff to know!" post, it really helped me see how the con is set up and the areas. You've done shoots before? That is so helpful and I do agree that the garden would be best. I also see how the tree patch is restricted because it looks busy with cars and stuff. But great! So far, I would say the only final plan is meeting on a Saturday. Any objections?
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#11 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostGabichox, on 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Sorry for spamming you but I found a group submission form here: http://www.ACen.org/...bmissions-open/ The group subs are currently open and have till February 15th for final plans.
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#12 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yep that's where you submit your request to have your photoshoot listed on the schedule.

No objections to Saturday! That'd be the best day to have it.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#13 User is offline   chibi-usagi101 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

if it helps the shoot last year was in the tree patch in front of the Hyatt.

#14 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

^ Apparently the tree patch is restricted this year or something? "Known location restriction: Tree Patch will move to under the tower awning."
I don't know exactly where the tower awning is..
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#15 User is offline   Dr. Genius 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62997

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Oh I do hope we can get a photoshoot gathering together :)! My friends and I will be doing Skyward Sword; I'll be Ghirahim x3 We debuted our costumes together on Halloween and absolutely had a blast! I'm excited to meet up with and see all of your costumes too :D
ACen 2014 Cosplans:
Garnet/Dagger (FFIX)
Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
Nossan (Kyoryuger)
Mitsuki (Kyokai no Kanata)
?? (Studio Ghibli Genderbend)

#16 User is offline   chibi-usagi101 

• Pip

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostGabichox, on 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

^ Apparently the tree patch is restricted this year or something? "Known location restriction: Tree Patch will move to under the tower awning."
I don't know exactly where the tower awning is..

i think the tower awning is the overhang of the tower that's right behind the tree patch. It's where the Inuyasha photo shoot was last year i think lol

#17 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Ohhh! I was thinking it was a totally different place since most people usually call that like the outside dome or something. At least the meetups that have had to relocate there on wet days called it that...
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#18 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I plan to redo my Bunny Link costume and bring it to ACen this year for the Zelda shoot. :3
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#19 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi everyone. I was the Goddess Zelda (white dress) from Skyward Sword (with the Impa) at the gathering last year. I'll be bringing her again as well as a feminized version of Link from Twilight Princess, although I don't know which I'll be bringing to the gathering. I'm thinking Zelda, though, just because there will be so many other Links, but I haven't decided for sure yet.
My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#20 User is offline   Skyward 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59588

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi everyone :) If all goes well I plan on cosplaying Sheik! (hopefully it turns out well!)

#21 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I was the person who set up of the Zelda photo shoot last year. Hello!

The deadline for submissions is reopened.
We have until March 15 to decide.

It's time to get down to business!

We normally have tried to make the Zelda photoshoot on Saturdays between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm, since that has worked out for most people in the past.

Yes, the Tree Patch is no longer an option. Which is very unfortunate, but I'm certain it was to do with that location being right in front of the doors to the Hyatt.

SO, would Saturday at say... 1:00 pm work for most of you?

Locations I am looking at are the Garden area, the East Outdoor Wall, or Loading Docks A & B. (You can see the list and pictures of locations from last year by following this link http://www.ACen.org/...12-updated-211/ )

Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers

#22 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

The submission process is a bit different this year. They aren't 100% sure of any of the locations. I went ahead and sent in a request, but it sounds like they will be moving things around regardless of what we ask for. I apologize for any problems this may cause.

#23 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 08 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

The submission process is a bit different this year. They aren't 100% sure of any of the locations. I went ahead and sent in a request, but it sounds like they will be moving things around regardless of what we ask for. I apologize for any problems this may cause.

Thank you! Saturday at 1:00pm sounds available to most of the people on here. Though I started this form, it was really an idea. I am very glad that you did this because this is going to be my first con and I didn't know what to do. Yay! Thanks for taking charge. :thumbup:
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#24 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostAsha H, on 08 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Thank you! Saturday at 1:00pm sounds available to most of the people on here. Though I started this form, it was really an idea. I am very glad that you did this because this is going to be my first con and I didn't know what to do. Yay! Thanks for taking charge. :thumbup:/>

I just wanted to get the request in before it was too late. But I'm not sure if we will get that time slot or not, and I have no idea if they will place us in the spot I requested or not.

You are more than welcome to help me run the photo shoot! I'll most likely be wearing my new Bunny Link(from A Link to the Past) costume and will have very limited vision and hearing. So I really won't be able to shout out groups or ask for any requests, but I can assist you if you want to do it. :)

How it usually works is this...

1. We do one big group shot with everyone first

2. We break it down (usually by game or system) and do smaller groups

3. Then we try to do things like "all of the princesses", "all of the Links", "all of the females who aren't Zelda", "all of the males who aren't Link".

4. These sub groups can be broken down further, like "all of the goddesses from the Oracle series", "all of the Zelda's from Ocarina of Time (including sheik)", etc.

5. Then we normally ask if there are any requests and try to do as many of those as possible (such as "The Happy Mask salesman trying to steal Imp Midna's mask" or "Groose and all of the ladies")

6. We usually end with another full group shot. (people tend to not arrive on time and miss the first one, and sometimes people leave the photo shoot early too))

The goal is to get everyone in multiple photos. The Zelda group tends to be very large, so we do the break downs so that everyone can get photos that they can see themselves in. Everyone puts a lot of work into their costumes and they like to be able to see themselves next to other people in similar costumes. It makes them happy. :)

#25 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 08 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I just wanted to get the request in before it was too late. But I'm not sure if we will get that time slot or not, and I have no idea if they will place us in the spot I requested or not.

You are more than welcome to help me run the photo shoot! I'll most likely be wearing my new Bunny Link(from A Link to the Past) costume and will have very limited vision and hearing. So I really won't be able to shout out groups or ask for any requests, but I can assist you if you want to do it. :)/>

How it usually works is this...

1. We do one big group shot with everyone first

2. We break it down (usually by game or system) and do smaller groups

3. Then we try to do things like "all of the princesses", "all of the Links", "all of the females who aren't Zelda", "all of the males who aren't Link".

4. These sub groups can be broken down further, like "all of the goddesses from the Oracle series", "all of the Zelda's from Ocarina of Time (including sheik)", etc.

5. Then we normally ask if there are any requests and try to do as many of those as possible (such as "The Happy Mask salesman trying to steal Imp Midna's mask" or "Groose and all of the ladies")

6. We usually end with another full group shot. (people tend to not arrive on time and miss the first one, and sometimes people leave the photo shoot early too))

The goal is to get everyone in multiple photos. The Zelda group tends to be very large, so we do the break downs so that everyone can get photos that they can see themselves in. Everyone puts a lot of work into their costumes and they like to be able to see themselves next to other people in similar costumes. It makes them happy. :)/>

I'm sure we might get something around that time and that sounds like a great plan. I would definitely love to help you too and I'm pretty good at organizing groups and sorting people in groups. I'm cosplay as imp Midna and that would SOO funny if the Happy Mask salesman tried to grab my helmet. :)
2013 ACen Cosplay

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#26 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostAsha H, on 08 March 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm sure we might get something around that time and that sounds like a great plan. I would definitely love to help you too and I'm pretty good at organizing groups and sorting people in groups. I'm cosplay as imp Midna and that would SOO funny if the Happy Mask salesman tried to grab my helmet. :)/>

Then I shall let you run the show and if you need help, you can just ask me!:)

#27 User is offline   chibi-usagi101 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

this sounds great! :D I'll try my best to be there! i want to see everyone again :3 i'll be wearing my Twilight Princess Zelda and my bf will be Twilight Link!

#28 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'd bring Deku Link again but I don't think Saturday's gonna work since another photo shoot is going to be almost immediately after. Darn.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#29 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just curious, is this going to be a 30 minute or 1 hour shoot?
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#30 User is offline   Soldier Saturn 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62079

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hello. Is the photoshoot final for Zelda? I can't make a 1pm, I was hoping for a 4pm though...but that is ok if it is already set. I'll be walking around in my costume still around that time. I was at the gathering last year and it was lots of fun. Make sure it is not in a muddy location though, the poor midna's got so muddy last year and it was kind of hard on their costumes I imagine.

This post has been edited by Soldier Saturn: 25 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users