Anime Central Forums: Donations for Kevin Lillard - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Donations for Kevin Lillard Beloved photographer fallen on hard times.

#1 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hope this is okay to post here, and ACen staff, if you think this belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it or re-post it somewhere else.

Beloved photographer, well known for the "Fans View" website, Kevin Lillard has fallen on hard times and needs help.

ACParadise is accepting donations that are going DIRECTLY to the PayPal account of Kevin.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#2 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

That's crazy. I remember when he disappeared from the con scene a few years ago but didn't realize he was this bad off now. :(
All systems... GO!

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

What state does he live in? I could probably give him information and see what I could do via his paypal, depending.

This should make anyone grateful about what they have.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

What state does he live in? I could probably give him information and see what I could do via his paypal, depending.

This should make anyone grateful about what they have.

From what I understand, he's currently in Indianapolis, IN. Not too certain of an exact location.

Here is a form that you can fill out for resources
https://docs.google....jWFJBYUxVdXc6MQ

Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postjenchan, on 12 October 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

From what I understand, he's currently in Indianapolis, IN. Not too certain of an exact location.

Here is a form that you can fill out for resources
https://docs.google....jWFJBYUxVdXc6MQ

Oh because I could had mailed off some food and gas if I knew the location.

EDIT: I have folks in the midwest so that's why I asked.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 12 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

UPDATE! 10/12/2102
Update! Thanks to everyone who donated to Kevin Lillard. He is currently back on his feet and shares this message on this Facebook wall:

"The old saying of how things are darkest just before the dawn has been proven true with my amazing experiences of ghe last day. It's humbling to have to beg and even more humbling to see the outpouring of support in my case. The donations through PayPal have been far beyond anything I could have expected. There's far more than enough to get me back on my feet and housed for a long time, so I won't need anything else. If you want to make a donation now, find a local charity that offers real help to the homeless, because there are countless people on the streets who have nothing close to the network of friends that I learned hat have. Fortunately the size of the ggenerosity that you have shown will make it possible for me to send some of the donations to an umbrella agency in this area that works to help the homeless, so they'll be better prepared to assist those who seem to be in a hopeless predicament. Again, many many thanks."
Jenn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users