Final Fantasy MMO Panel 2013 FFXI and FFXIV 2.0

#1 User is offline   Catwho 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5914

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hello!

I have just confirmed I'll be freshly graduated by May 17th (commencement is the 10th - I'll be freeeee!) and should be able to run the panel again this year.

Last year, we tried to go for three hours and that didn't work. So we'll scale back down to 2 hours.

Stuff we'll be covering:
- New Seekers of Adoulin expansion for XI
- Version 2.0 for XIV (and how it's doing by next May...)
- Known future plans for both games
- Anything else we can think of

After the disaster last year whereupon my XIV person could not make it, I took it upon myself to play XIV some. I have a 35 THM on Balmung and a Goobbue Mount. I haven't played in two months, but I want to start sort of fresh on a new job when version 2.0 comes out, and I'm aiming for the beta of 2.0. Looks good so far to me; then again as long as I'm not running at 10 FPS in The Fronds I'll be happy with 2.0.

Our traditional time has been during the Masqurade, but I think we've got enough clout at ACen now that we can request a different slot. What times would people prefer to go to this panel? Saturday morning? Friday evening? Or should we stick with our 7PM time and continue to provide alternate content for those poor souls who can't get Masquerade tickets?

Edit: Crap, this is in the wrong sub forum. Going to try to move it...

This post has been edited by Catwho: 06 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

FFXI~Catwho of Bismarck :: A bunch of jobs at level 99 :: Gjallarhorn Bard For Life
FFXIV~ Catwho of Balmung :: Baby THM 35 and not much else
www.catwho.net
Find me on Fanfiction.net as well!

#2 User is offline   Catwho 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5914

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

For those curious, we're expecting an announcement about FFXIV 2.0 from Yoshi P on January 7th. This announcement is likely to be one of two things: the new benchmark, or an announcement for beta test slots. If you were a 1.0 Legacy member, you are automatically guaranteed to be in Phase III of the beta, and are qualified to apply for Phase I and II even if you don't meet all of the other requirements. Alpha testing ended on December 27th and was a success - the servers didn't crash even when they held a live Nico Nico Douga interview with Yoshi P.
FFXI~Catwho of Bismarck :: A bunch of jobs at level 99 :: Gjallarhorn Bard For Life
FFXIV~ Catwho of Balmung :: Baby THM 35 and not much else
www.catwho.net
Find me on Fanfiction.net as well!

#3 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I hope to be on the panel along with Catwho again this year.

I'd love to hear from you guys what you'd like to hear in the panel. More silly games? more blaming Tanaka? Personal experiences?
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users