Anime Central Forums: WAIFUISM AND YOU - An Educational Film - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

WAIFUISM AND YOU - An Educational Film

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Didn't know if I should put this in anime/manga or here:

Waifu

Cursing and conceptions Ahoy.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Very interesting. Saw it was 14 minutes long, went "Ehh, I'll watch a couple snippets" and... still watching.

Edit: Finished it actually. And enjoyed it very much when he finally got to the point. I very much agree with him. It is a shield a lot of times - a means to protect yourself from getting hurt and when you do build nothing but walls (girls are evil and sleep with anything that has money!), walls (I only need Saber-chan!), walls (I'm better than going to parties, getting drunk on distilled spirits and getting sick!) and more walls (I don't need friends, I have my waifu!)... you imprison yourself too.

Thanks for the video! <3
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#3 User is offline   IshokuOsero 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62670

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Love love the beginning where he's going on about how to pronounce kawaii. xD

Yep, it was good. I agree with a lot of what he said ('cept RWJ, I watch though I'm not subscribed =P ), especially about the walls that people build up around themselves when they start doing said things. But hey, at least they aren't hurting anyone or being an annoying "nice guy" type, so I suppose there's that anyways.

This post has been edited by IshokuOsero: 05 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Learn more about anime figures and read reviews at my site! (three years and going!)
http://www.ishokuosero.com
Or add me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook....colouredothello

#4 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think he's actually right. Despite the fact I claim a character as my waifu, it's only due to the fact they have a personality and physical traits that appeal to me. Thus the goal is to find someone who is somewhat identical to her, but not entirely like her.

I'm not going to hole up in my room/house everyday and just be alone with folders dedicated to that character, but for some people breaking out of a mold into a new one is a long process (Crappy ZIP codes being my main offender.) Being friends and building successful relationships take time.

Point is I like mine, but I understand she is only a manifestation of another man's imagination, and she will never exist. But there are people like her; not down to a T but they come close or share personality traits that I seek.

Spoiler

Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#5 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

wow, eye-opening.

good thing denise nouvion is my waifu.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 05 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

#6 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

@kirbyfan, i don't think there's anything wrong with that, and i don't think the video was against it overall; it was against
antisocial people going to self-destructive extremes and acting like snotty pricks to everyone around them.

what he said about how nerds simultaneously bully other nerds while being
judgmental towards anyone who isn't socially inept is what i have been saying for a long time, now, and
i cannot express how strongly i agree with that point. 'people who drink, smoke, and/or goes to parties are so STUPID! i am
smart, because i am a lonely little misogynistic and/or snobbish neckbeard/neckbeardette who obsesses
over japanese childrens' cartoons and is thus ABOVE such things!'

i remember a thread on this forum from, like, two years ago about how most single people here were probably
single because only LESS INTELLIGENT people don't have trouble in the dating world--and of course most
responses were single con-goers vehemently agreeing with that idea. blegh..

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 05 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

i remember a thread on this forum from, like, two years ago about how most single people here were probably
single because only LESS INTELLIGENT people don't have trouble in the dating world
--and of course most
responses were single con-goers vehemently agreeing with that idea. blegh..

The hell...............

Wow....reminds me of the video.

Why do people think like that in the first place?

Ironic enough, I know a LOT of men who do think that any girl that has had sex is a free love and only want "pure virgins." Especially on 4chan.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#8 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nujabes :D
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#9 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

So apparently I've been gone from 4chan longer then I thought I have, because I totally didn't know there was this whole "waifu" war going on. :wacko:
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#10 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

lol the waifu thing and the hide your power level thing are both so ridiculous. Let alone the "omg women who have sex are free love from multiple people!" thing, but I won't go there.

Calling a character you like your waifu? Fine. Being anal and insane about it? No.

Also screw the rules, I have multiple waifus. Deal with it, 4chan.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#11 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Different wifu's for different typu's. :D I have more then one myself.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users