• This topic is locked

F.A.Q. Facts, Answers, Questions, and everything in between

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

This FAQ is a bit long, so if you know what you’re looking for hold the CTRL and F keys (or APPLE and F keys for our mac friends) to search the page quickly through your browser’s find feature.
Disclaimer: All of the below questions have actually been asked numerous times, so in an effort to get the correct information to you faster I have posted both the question and the answer in this topic. The list will continue to grow as the convention year progresses helping to further the process of answering questions ASAP.

1. How big are the tables?
All full tables are 8ft long by 2ft wide, plan your layouts accordingly; it might help you to lay out your goods ahead of time.

2. Are the tables covered?
We don't order them covered because of the price raise it would cost you, the artist, if they happen to cover the tables the w00t bonus but there are no guarantees so it may be beneficially to examine options for table dressings.

3. Can I pick my Spot?
No all spots are designated by the Artist alley staff; they will endeavor to honor seating requests in regards to who you would like to sit next to.

4. We can NOT offer food
We cannot offer food to you or any sort of lunch drop-off. All catering contracts in the convention center must be done through the convention center or we risk breaching contract with them. We will not offer food, it is you responsibility to take care of your own food. In addition, you can NOT make food available to attendees for free or sale.

5. Do I get a badge with my table?
No, you are paying for a table(s) (that includes two chairs per full table). Badges are separate and you must register for one before, during, or after you are confirmed. If you choose to purchase a badge before Alley registration opens you will need to register using the same Registration User account to register for the Alley/Show Registration, or else it will not go through, and you will have to pay for another badge.

6. Where is this list of artists appearing at ACen?
I will endeavor to have the list of confirmed artists on the webpage so people can check out which studios will be present at the convention.

7. Where do I get my badge?
You pick up your badge at con when you come to check in. We will only release AA badges at con. DO NOT SELECT MAILING! This is because the badge allows you to sell at the event.

8. When can we set up/take down?
You may set up Thursday or Friday morning, I will ask that everyone endeavors to be ready at their tables when the convention opens to all attendees as a courtesy to other artists.

9. Art Show procedures?
If you are a participant in the art show you will notice the same general set of procedures and paperwork, this is nothing to worry about. It should help to get rid of fake bidders and problems which may arise due to illegible handwriting or spelling errors. You will be able to find the necessary paperwork on the Art Show Policy Page.

10. Chairs?
Your table comes with two chairs there may be small surplus of chairs at convention for extra seating but I wouldn't count on it as everyone will be vying for the same seats. It may behoove you to bring extra seating if you are worried. I would recommend folding chairs, similar to the camping variety, so they are easy to transport.

11. Can you watch my table?
No. Artist alley staff cannot sell your goods for you. If someone watches your table they are not held accountable for anything that may go missing. Be careful who you choose to watch your table, it may just be smarter if you have no one to shut down temporarily.

12. When will we know our table placements?
You will be made aware of your placement before the convention by checking the Artist Alley layout on the website.

13. Mailing List?
The mailing list is available to artists for the alley/show. Please make sure you can accept mail for the domain ACen.org, otherwise you will miss very important information updates and requests. Once the alley fills, the official ML will go silent, and people who completed the form will be contacted via direct emails from ACen staff, instead of a mailing list.

14. Stolen items?
Alley Staff is not responsible for any stolen items; make sure you keep an eye on your own valuables.

15. Waitlist and At-Con Rental?
When a table opens it will be released to the waitlist in the order of registration on the waitlist, so long as they notify the Assistant Department Head that they will be in attendance at Anime Central even if they will not be in the Artist Alley as an Artist. If someone fails to show up at con their table may be released for at con rental. There is no guarantee of at con rental.

16. Hours of Operation?
This should be the same as last year, barring complications further down the road. Please check the website for further information as it becomes available.

17. Rules on Convention Badge and AA Badge?
No-Refunds
None Transferable to other people
Functions as a regular badge, with Artist Alley privileges

18. What if I have a regular con badge already/mailed option?
You will not receive an AA badge in the mail. You will have to surrender your regular badge to get your AA badge. We cannot guarantee that you will receive your original badge after the convention is over on Sunday, due to the nature of the needing a different badge, which may require the destruction of the original badge upon receiving the AA badge.

19. How does my Con-badge change to AA?
The Artist Alley / Art Show Registration Team will use your user account that you registered for the Alley with, and change the regular convention badge into an Artist Alley badge.

20. Do I have to wait in the Reg Lines?
NO (even though the wait time has gone down significantly). Please make your way to the Artist Alley so we can get you an Artist Alley badge.

21. Can I offer food/drink to Con-goers?
NO! If you do, you will no longer be an Artist in the Alley at ACen.

22. Is there an ID Check to get badges?
Yes. The head Artist will be responsible for making sure all studio mates receive his/her badges.

23. Do I have to buy a badge before I can reg for a table?
No, Please read #5

24. When does AA/AS Reg Open/Start?
In Early-Mid December. We are hesitant to give out a more solid date due to possible delays.

25. How many people can be "under" my table?
1 Table=4(this includes you)
2 Tables=8(this includes you)

26. Why do I need an Artist Alley badge?
It provides you the ability to sell in the alley. If someone is caught selling material without an AA badge in the Alley they will forfeit their badge and further action may be taken.

27. Can I have regular con-goers (with no AA badge) sit behind my table?
No, this will result in one warning to the studio. The offenders without AA badges will then be required to forfeit their Convention Badges. If a second offense occurs the studio risks losing their table(s) with no refund. Please remember this is the Artist Alley, not random sitting area. If you have kids 12 and under and you would like to talk to me/have a question please contact me.

28. When will Artist Alley / Art Show Registration open?
Please see #24

29. How do my Studio Mates / Friends get an AA badge so they can sell at my table?
You will have to enter their user name into the Artist Alley Registration system. Then their badges will be changed to AA and they will receive them in the Alley at the Convention during the set-up time. If you have not entered them into the system then they will not appear as having an AA badge unless you notify me at a later date and we confirm that it has been changed.
Please see. 19, 21, 33, and 34 for more info on this subject

30. If my Studio Mate(s)/ Friend(s) selected their badge to be Mailed will an AA badge be Mailed to them?
No. No AA badges will be Mailed

31. How will I know if I am on the waiting list?
The email that I send to you will come straight out and say, “You are on the Waiting List”
OR
When you register for the Artist Alley / Art Show the system will inform you of your status upon registration. So make sure you look at your receipt page!

32. I got an error message back after I submitted a table request on the AA/AS REG form. What does it mean?
Please read the Message.

33. Can I pay online for my table(s), flat(s), etc.....
If you want to, yes, or you can pay through the ol’ fashion way via postal service. That being said, it is much easier for us to take care of you if you do it through the online set-up.

34. When did the AA/AS Registration open in 2012?
Around the same time as 07, 08, 09, 10, & 11.

35. Why will you not tell us when it is going to open?
I am working on making sure that all the "i"s are dotted and all the "t"s are crossed, but if things pan out early I will let you know. Please also see #24.

36. Can one of my studio members pay for the table(s) or flat(s)?
No. The head Artist is the individual who registers for the space, and they are the ones required to pay for the item(s)/space. That being said, if you still wish to have someone else pay for things, please have them pay you, then you can pay for your items.

37. Can I send Cash?
NO. If you send cash I will be extremely unhappy. Cash cannot be traced, so if something happens along the way before it gets to us and no money is in it… well I think you know what that means.

38. Should I make someone sign for the payment/mail thingy if I use the postal service?
NO. If you do it will be sent back to you, and you will have wasted all that time and money sending it.

39. If the Alley is Full what can we do?
Send in the AA/AS Reg form (on the website) and you will be added to the waiting list.

40. Why should I even bother being on the wait list?
The wait list moves when people drop out....

41. How can I contact you the quickest?
Email.

42. Will you be giving out your personal/home phone number, or will anyone give me your personal/home phone number?
No, but my office number is in my email signatures.

43. How long will it take for you to respond to my question?
Whenever I am on the computer or get to my computer, usually very soon or at least within 24hrs. - 48hrs. Please understand that there are certain circumstances that may prevent me from responding to you ASAP, if you are worried you can send another email. We are all un-paid volunteers though.

44. How long did it take the Alley to fill in 2011?
Around 58 minutes.

45. How can/do my studio members agree to the rules and regulations of the Artist Alley / Art Show?
When they are added to your studio they automatically agree to the rules and regulations. As you are the head Artist, it is your responsibility to inform them of such, and insure that they understand, as they are under your jurisdiction as the head Artist. If they break the rules, you are held equally accountable.

46. When is the deadline to submit all of my studio members names and user names?
Please consult the provided deadline listed during your registration for the Artist Alley, if you forgot, please email us and we can let you know.

47. What if my studio members do not pre-reg and want to purchase a badge at con?
I would advise they Pre-Reg for the convention. If they are incapable of doing so, please have them go to the regular convention registration line to obtain a convention badge, then have them stop by the Artist Alley Staff booth where they will be able to trade in their convention badge for an Artist Alley Badge.

48. What if I never send in my payment for a badge or a table or both?
You will not get an AA/AS table/flat.

49. I run a panel(s) at ACen … since I meet the qualifications for a free badge, what should I do about the badge?
Do NOT freak out!!! The Panel Leader must also be the Head Artist (The one submitting the AA application) when applying for Artist Alley. This is to avoid any conflicts between our panel system and artist system. There are no exceptions. Your Artist Alley badge takes priority over your panelist badge. You will not have 2 badges, you will only have an Artist badge but your panelist discount does still apply.

50. I got the Welcome letter, what do I do now?
You read it.... Then follow the directions...

51. What should I do if I need the payment form changed?
Follow the Welcome letter instructions. I will tell you the exact same thing if you ask me.

52. What should I do if I have never heard from you about the mailing list, table confirmation, error, wait-list, or anything else by email?
Then you misspelled your email address. I cannot contact you.
OR
You have ACen.org or gmail.com blocked.
OR
Your inbox is full.

Therefore I can't contact you... So you need to contact us. PLEASE!!!

53. I think I am asking too many questions.
No you’re not. If possible you are not asking enough. (NOT SARCASTIC)
I would much rather answer as many questions before the Convention than deal with Convention Time troubles.

54. My payment got sent back to me, when I mailed it to you, why?
You asked for it to be signed for, or the Postal person had a case of the “Special” that day.

55. Will I get a confirmation that my payment has been received for the Alley/Show?
I will endeavor to send out confirmations to all the people we have received payment for attendance at the Artist Alley / Art Show, that being said your Studio Name will probably just appear on the website as approved Artists if you are confirmed. So PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR STUDIO NAME or the studio name you told us.

56. What if I am going to try to say (@ Con) that you never contacted me?
I know who I have never heard from. So if you try to lie to me to get anything in return you can count on being in big DOO DOO for trying to steal from ACen. That being said, bring a print out of the emails if you are that concerned.

57. Well I heard.........
That is nice. That does not make it true. You might want to ask or check it out for yourself before you do anything. Right?

58. Can I see the map before it comes out/before everyone else gets to see it?
No. It will be posted online for everyone to have an equal opportunity to see it, once everyone is placed.

59. What happens if Islay "Well the past DH let me do it" to justify the breaking of rules?
You are still in trouble.

60. Do you keep in contact with most of the Past AA/AS DH(s)?
Yes.

61. When is my table payment due?
If I changed the date I will let you know, if not follow the Welcome letter directions.

62. When is my badge payment due?
If you have received a table and you have not already purchased a badge, then you will need to pay for the table and badge at the same time.

63. What if I drop out of the Alley can I get a refund for my table, flat, art table?
The rules have the dates that you must submit a formal request to receive a refund.

64. What if I drop out of the Alley can I get a refund for my badge?
No.

65. How old do I have to be in order to get/sale at an AA/AS space?
To sign the contract a person of 18 or + age needs to sign the contract, and be connected to that studio (i.e. Parent/Guardian).This also means the individual who is registering for the Alley must be of ageas well. (i.e. the person completing the form during online AA reg)

66. How many days do I have to buy a table for?
FRI, SAT, SUN.

67. Can I only buy one day? Or show up late?
No.

68. Can I leave early from my table?
There will be a check out form (@ con) for the artists who check out early. If a lot of people check out of the Alley it makes the Alley and the Artists who stay look bad. This will not happen, people who do not inform us why (with a legitimate reason) and take more time than necessary will risk losing their table.

69. How do I add more people to my studio/table?
Please consult how to do this during the pre-registration process, or in the welcome letter that was sent to you. If that does not help, please let us know, and we will do our best to assist you.

70. What if I never heard from you about my status with the AA/AS?
Please see #52.

71. If I tell a different department something about AA will you hear about it?
Yes, but if you need to contact AA/AS I would suggest emailing AA/AS with your AA/AS question/issue. It will help to speed up your answer.

72. If I tell AA something about another Department will they hear it?
If it is a matter that we can help solve, and make your stress level go down, we will try our best.

73. Will AA carry my things for me at con?
No, some people abused us in 08 & 07, didn't even say thank you, and talked on their cell phone while we carried all of their bags. I cannot ask my unpaid volunteer staff to help you, carry your things. Sorry.

74. I do not want to read all of the FAQ.
...... ok ......

75. Does anyone get free tables?
No, unless you are the Grand Prize winner of our Doujinshi Central Event.

76. Will you be having a juried Alley?
No.

77. What is a juried Alley?
When you submit your artwork and products for approval before being allowed to step foot in the Alley as an Artist. We strongly believe that the process of a juried Alley is not conducive to the goals of our Artist Alley.

78. Can I sell Fanart?
Please see the rules and regulations to see.

79. Will you (DH) have a table?
No, I firmly believe that would be a conflict of interest, and it would detract from my ability/time to help you with ACen/AA/AS issues.

80. When would be the best time for use to move-in?
Thursday, please. It makes things much easier and it is a lot less crowded.

81. Can I use a printer at my table?
Yes, just not a huge toner printer the size of some of my staffers. Something the size of a Deskjet is appropriate if you intend on bringing a printer.

82. Do you have the Alley open 24/7 during the con?
No, whereas I can understand the want to have the Artist Alley open 24/7, I do not think people would want to see a rise in table prices for it.

83. Is this Alley / Show on a first come first serve system?
Yes.

84. Will you tell me what spot I am in, if I am on the waiting list?
No, we do not have that kind of time to continually notify people what place they are in throughout the year.

85. Can I use any of the RES Services that the convention center offers?
Yes. Please us the RES Packet that will be placed on our website for use

86. Where can I get added to the waiting list?
When the Artist Alley / Art Show is filled, completion of the Artist Alley / Art Show Registration Form will automatically add you to the waiting list.

87. Who should I make out the payment to?
Did you read your welcome email? Did you read your payment form?

88. I am a Vendor and/or other conventions have me as a Vendor, but I am trying to get an Artist Alley table because it is cheaper.
That is not in compliance with our rules, and if I do not catch you before con, I will kick you out at con.

89. What kind of payment methods are accepted?
Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
NOO CASH!!!!! (unless you are paying 'at con' if 'at con' rental is available)

90. Can I reserve a table for the Artist Alley / Art Show?
Unfortunately, No. Anime Central does not take reservations, pre-reg, holds, etc... on Artist Alley Tables, Art Show Flats, Art Show Display Tables, etc... Please keep an eye out for when Artist Alley / Art Show Registration goes live, and you can join in on the first come first serve process.

91. Do I need any type of license to sell at ACen?
Anime Central does not require you to obtain any form of license to sell at our event. That said you must follow all venue, city, county/local, state, and federal regulations.

92. What if I ask question that is on this FAQ?
..... We will answer it, probably word for word to the FAQ as well.

93. I want to sell Vendor Type Merchandise in the Alley, is that allowed?
NO. If someone asks you to sell that type of stuff, just say NO to them. It isn't worth getting kicked out is it?

94. How much do you get paid?
Anime Central is a non-profit organization. All of the Staff and volunteers do NOT get paid.

95. How can I get on Staff in the Alley?
Sign-up to be a staffer via our website form, just an FYI, you won't have any time to work a table in the Alley

96. Is it possible for me to buy two AA tables and rent/loan half of one to a smaller studio?(subleasing)
Subleasing any space without prior written consent of Exhibit Space management is strictly forbidden. So just send us an email, and we will most likely give the ok. We have this to keep banned people, or vendors, from getting into the Alley because they have a friend that got in.

97. Why is the FAQ so long?
So all the questions and answers can be in one spot for everyone to see, read, and understand.

98. Can I register for AA/AS as a group, or if I am in a group?
Unfortunately no. The way AA/AS works is that it ties you (one person, the head artist) to the table for payment. While the studio members are just under your table.

99. What is the difference between the website user account and the forum user account? And which one is used in AA/AS Reg?
The Website user account is used for AA REG. It is the account you buy a badge with and sign-up for AA with.
The Forum user account is used to post on the forums. It is only used on the Forums and nowhere else.

100. Can I be an Artist in the Artist Alley and also a Vendor in the Vendor Hall?
No. That would be a conflict of interest, as there are different standards for being in either hall. The two categories, of Artist or Vendor, are mutually exclusive and therefore we will not permit someone to have their hands in both "cookie jars". It is one of the many reasons we have two different areas for the different materials.

101. I have an idea, and I don't see anything in the rules against it, so......
That is the kind of attitude that makes more work for AA staff, and complicates the rules and regulations. This kind of attitude is what increases regulations, increases the ban list, and removes the feeling of community and fandom from the Artist Alley. That being said we would prefer not to go down that path.

102. Can I hang my artwork before my pieces have been assigned a number and my paperwork exchanged with the individual(s) in charge of the Art Show?
While this would speed up the process of getting your artwork up on the flats, we cannot allow it due to limited space. Please see the individual(s) in charge of the Art Show before hanging any artwork on the flats.

103. What kind of surface is my artwork displayed on?
Your artwork will be displayed on a wire grid wall. This is what we call flats, as they are flat. This is also why we suggest hanging the artwork the way we do (with a wire strung on the back, so they can be hung with an S hook)

104. How big of a space do I have / How much space is in one (1) flat?
You will have a two sided grid wall, which is approx. 6 ft. high, and 3 ft.wide.

105. What do I do with my artwork at the end of the weekend if it has been sold / auctioned? Is it in your hands from there?
The person who bought the artwork, will pick it up and pay for it. If they refuse to come and pick it up, and pay for it, we will contact the previous bidder and notify them that they were the winning bid. If all of those options do not succeed, and the piece is never paid for, it will be your responsibility to collect the piece.

106. How long will it take for me to receive payment on my sold items?
It tends to vary, but should be before the end of our fiscal year.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I noticed that this year it said artist badges were to be picked up during move-in times. Does this mean we have to be there Thursday to pick it up? Or does this just means before the convention opens to the public in the morning?

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postrailas, on 01 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

I noticed that this year it said artist badges were to be picked up during move-in times. Does this mean we have to be there Thursday to pick it up? Or does this just means before the convention opens to the public in the morning?

Badges can only be picked up during the move-in hours specified on our website. (I made sure they are there now)

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

have a few questions after being accepted into the artist alley. Firstly, with this new payment system, where do I go to pay on the website?
I've been looking through the tabs and faq page, registration page as mentioned in the e-mail to no avail.
Secondly, what date is the payment due by?

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postrailas, on 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

have a few questions after being accepted into the artist alley. Firstly, with this new payment system, where do I go to pay on the website?
I've been looking through the tabs and faq page, registration page as mentioned in the e-mail to no avail.
Secondly, what date is the payment due by?

First you need to log-into the website, then you should be able to see the links.

As for payment deadline, you should be notified soon over email soon.

#6 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 15495

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi! I had a quick question. I was attempting to pay for my table, and once I placed the table and my badge into the cart, there was nowhere for me to add my Studiomate's Badge (which I also wanted to pay for there - and was indicated that we'd have to pay up any unpaid badges at checkout anyway). I got to the final checkout area where I enter my credit card information, and still no extra badge showed up.

The only thing that shows is a message in yellow that reads, "There are members of your studio that have not purchased a badge yet for 2013".

Let me know if there's anything I need to do special to get that badge added before I send in my payment. I figured it's easier on your end if I pay for them all at once rather than pay for mine, then try to get the other one added later.

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostKarmada, on 19 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Hi! I had a quick question. I was attempting to pay for my table, and once I placed the table and my badge into the cart, there was nowhere for me to add my Studiomate's Badge (which I also wanted to pay for there - and was indicated that we'd have to pay up any unpaid badges at checkout anyway). I got to the final checkout area where I enter my credit card information, and still no extra badge showed up.

The only thing that shows is a message in yellow that reads, "There are members of your studio that have not purchased a badge yet for 2013".

Let me know if there's anything I need to do special to get that badge added before I send in my payment. I figured it's easier on your end if I pay for them all at once rather than pay for mine, then try to get the other one added later.

Separate payments are fine. At this point we are working out the final steps of the studio badge process before implementation so there aren't any kinks. :)

#8 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 03 October 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

15. Waitlist and At-Con Rental?
When a table opens it will be released to the waitlist in the order of registration on the waitlist, so long as they notify the Assistant Department Head that they will be in attendance at Anime Central even if they will not be in the Artist Alley as an Artist. If someone fails to show up at con their table may be released for at con rental. There is no guarantee of at con rental.

What method should we use to provide notice that our studio will be at-con even if we don't get an Alley table -- PM on the forums, email to you specifically, email to AA in general, official dead-tree writing, something else?

Can anyone in the studio provide this notice, or does it need to come from the Head Artist?

#9 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostTokoz, on 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

What method should we use to provide notice that our studio will be at-con even if we don't get an Alley table -- PM on the forums, email to you specifically, email to AA in general, official dead-tree writing, something else?

Can anyone in the studio provide this notice, or does it need to come from the Head Artist?

That is the interesting topic. We have never really had anyone let us know, so any table(s) that become available at con usually go to the first person who asks. :\

So if the lead Artist emails the ArtistAlley, then we will be able to make a note of it, and then they would get the first opportunity to an open table(s) so long as it does not conflict with their status (ie. denied), the maximum number of table allotted to a studio (and other AA rules), and as long as they do not belong to another studio in the Alley as well. :)

#10 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Quick question! If we wanted to request to sit next to a table, but they switched table names from last year (and the old one is on the form) can we email you, Philip, with our request? I know it might not be possible, but thought I'd doublecheck! Thanks!
I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#11 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Quick question! If we wanted to request to sit next to a table, but they switched table names from last year (and the old one is on the form) can we email you, Philip, with our request? I know it might not be possible, but thought I'd doublecheck! Thanks!

Email us rather soon, placements are almost finalized for public release.

#12 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 06 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Email us rather soon, placements are almost finalized for public release.

Just sent an email to artistalley email. If it's too late, please don't worry about it. I don't want to cause any undue stress!

#13 User is offline   StudioDangerboy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62959

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Odd question - do you know how "tall" the tables are? Thanks!

#14 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hello again, I just bought a badge for my studiomate at anime milwaukee, and when I paid for it, they told me to add him online as a studiomate, so does this means he needs to create an account? And if/when he does, how can he validate that the badge is already paid for so that there are no issues with badge pickup?

#15 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostStudioDangerboy, on 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

You know, I'm not too sure. They usually come up just below my waist, and I'm 6'2". So maybe about 3-4ft.

View Postrailas, on 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hello again, I just bought a badge for my studiomate at anime milwaukee, and when I paid for it, they told me to add him online as a studiomate, so does this means he needs to create an account? And if/when he does, how can he validate that the badge is already paid for so that there are no issues with badge pickup?

He already has an account if he bought a badge. I would have your friend email our registration department and see what their user account name is.

#16 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 28 February 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

You know, I'm not too sure. They usually come up just below my waist, and I'm 6'2". So maybe about 3-4ft.

A little closer to 3 feet - I'm about a foot shorter than you, and 4 feet would be at my chest level! :)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#17 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostStudioDangerboy, on 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I actually measured them once and of course now can't find my notes...

However they should be about the same as "standard" "banquet" tables, and those are generally around 30" from floor to top surface.
This space intentionally left blank.

#18 User is offline   StudioDangerboy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62959

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for all the replies on the table height. It's crucial info needed for a boothmate of ours. :)

#19 User is offline   CherryLunar 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62774

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

So if I paid for all of my studio mates badges, am I correct in assuming that I can pick them all up at the same time? (To save the time and headache of tracking them down during the check-in frenzy.)

#20 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostCherryLunar, on 16 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

So if I paid for all of my studio mates badges, am I correct in assuming that I can pick them all up at the same time? (To save the time and headache of tracking them down during the check-in frenzy.)

Yep :)

#21 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

So a friend of mine needs a map that shows the parking area within the convention center.
Would anyonw be so kind as to provide it?
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#22 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostFantasia, on 01 May 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

So a friend of mine needs a map that shows the parking area within the convention center.
Would anyonw be so kind as to provide it?

There is no parking in the convention center. May I ask that you have your friend review information on Rosemont's City website in order to find local parking during the event?

#23 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Oh. Wait. I meant NEAR the convention center. Not within. Gah sorry about that.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#24 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostFantasia, on 01 May 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Oh. Wait. I meant NEAR the convention center. Not within. Gah sorry about that.

I'm not a map person at all, but the best parking I used last year was the CTA lot at 5801 N. River Rd. It's about a mile from the convention center (get those steps in!) and costs $5 for 0-14 hours, $8 for 14-18 and $12 for 18-24.

Hope that can help!

#25 User is offline   LiL Moon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63240

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

Is there a height limit for table displays?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users