Anime Central Forums: Need opinions on my halloween costume - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need opinions on my halloween costume Plague doctor not from any anime/video game

#1 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm posting this here since well, i didnt think this would be considered cosplay since its more halloween related and not based off of any video game/anime.
I made this mask in the span of 3-4 days and really just wanted something that looked like its been through hell. I made it out of plaster strips and liquid nails. I already had all the materials and paints so i figured "Meh..why not". I wanted to try something different for halloween. I wanted to know if this looks ok as is or if i should darken it more (Keep in mind..i'm going for old and damaged goods here):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pardon for my cat's intrusion. lol.
In any case the rest of the costume will be me wearing my old cloak that i'm tattering slightly (mainly at the bottom). I also have some pants that are almost like leggings but thicker. Was thinking of wearing some form of boot that would come up to a little below my knee (preferrably one w/o heels). Was gonna order an underbust corset and wear a black peasant top underneath. I also have some leather gloves on hand from my Jigsaw costume i did like 4 years ago lol. Idk. Any tips/suggestions on what i could use is appreciated. I'd rather stick with super cheap on this since i hate having to spend alot on something if i'm only destroying it.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#2 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Darken just a LIIIIIITTLE bit... otherwise it looks like the real thing! I would know; I spent two weeks living alone in Venice, Italy.

Cute cat!
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#3 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

The cat in the background should be your cosplay
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#4 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostA True Elsewhere, on 03 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Darken just a LIIIIIITTLE bit... otherwise it looks like the real thing! I would know; I spent two weeks living alone in Venice, Italy.

Cute cat!

Thanks and that's awesome xD i've never been to italy o.o always wanted to go too :/ lol.
And ty, my cat is adorable but quite the camera hog :3
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I like how the cat just leers in the background..like a horror figure.

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I thought the cat was part of the cosplay at first.....

EDIT: I agree darken it a bit more and it should be good.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Took your advice and darkened it just so slightly..apologies on lighting.. I have some pics w/o flash but turned out darker than it actually looks lol. It was dark outside when i was taking pics otherwise i wouldve just gone out there xD. In any case feel free to let me know if this looks any better. Tyvm for the input :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users