Sword art online 2013

#91 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63110

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Postotakupunzal, on 22 April 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Im having a hard time understanding where exactly the location is.... the map is really hard to understand...where is the east lower outdoor???

I looked at a Google map to get a better idea. Basically, you head out the main door and go down Bryn Mawr Ave towards the woodsy area. You'll walk under the walkway that connects the hotel to the convention center. If you reach the parking lot, you've gone too far. It's a little pavement area with some trees/flowers.
Here's a photo

This post has been edited by ClockworkCutie: 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#92 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ugh... 6:30 Friday and my Umineko/Higurashi photoshoot at 7 on Friday. Could just do Saturday at 4 but then I'd need to lug my cosplay stuff into the IRT room. This photoshoot schedule did NOT work in my favor this year XD
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#93 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostTeebs, on 23 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Ugh... 6:30 Friday and my Umineko/Higurashi photoshoot at 7 on Friday. Could just do Saturday at 4 but then I'd need to lug my cosplay stuff into the IRT room. This photoshoot schedule did NOT work in my favor this year XD

If you want to be without an Asuna Saturday that is XD The Uta Pri Panel is 4:30 - 6:00pm on Saturday, so I have to be in Haruka x____x Yeah, it didn't work in my favor for almost every single shoot for all of my cosplay. Even cosplay that have 2 photoshoots on different days. I'm gonna try and make Friday's shoot with Teebs if he decides not to lead the Umineko/Higurashi shoot. Its sad... the only obligation I honestly have is that one panel, and around that time all my other shoots are during it, just after it, before it and back to back /facepalm/

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#94 User is offline   StellarKei 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28651

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm probably only going to go to the Saturday meet as I am going to the Kalafina concert on Friday and I won't be wearing Asuna to the concert xD
First attended ACen in 2006, 9th year going!

#95 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Eh... I can pull off two. I'll be around for this XD
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it

#96 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostClockworkCutie, on 21 April 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Whoohoo! The schedule is up! :thumbup:/>
We have:
Friday 6:30pm East Outdoor Wall (Lower Dome for rain)
Saturday 4:00pm East Outdoor Wall (Lower Dome for rain)

http://www.ACen.org/...13-schedule-up/
^Here's the schedule & map for meetups.

**I've heard more people requesting Saturday on here. I'm planning 3 cosplays so I'll only be doing my SAO cosplay on Saturday, regardless of our schedule time on Friday. If any of you want to do Friday, go for it. But I'm hoping the bigger one will be on Saturday.

Does anyone else have thoughts on just doing Saturday?

I'm bumping this to keep the schedule on the latest page.

A lot of us were only planning on Saturday but they gave us two. The original leader for this thread asked for both, then backed out. If we have a majority for Saturday, we can tell the staff to cancel the Friday one, or we can keep both so everyone can make one.
I'm only going to be at the Saturday one.

It sounds like most people are also considering only Saturday. I can help organize the shoots for that gathering.
Thoughts???
Come to what you can?
Cancel Friday so another group can have it?
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#97 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62431

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostClockworkCutie, on 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I looked at a Google map to get a better idea. Basically, you head out the main door and go down Bryn Mawr Ave towards the woodsy area. You'll walk under the walkway that connects the hotel to the convention center. If you reach the parking lot, you've gone too far. It's a little pavement area with some trees/flowers.
Here's a photo

thank you!!! ><

#98 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Just keep both days... I'm sure there will be plenty of people for both days. No reason to cancel one or the other.

#99 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

A lot of people who aren't active on the forums still see the photoshoot schedule (whether it be in the Panel Program book at the convention, Guidebook App, or browsing the forums with or without logging in)
A lot of people usually plan out what they'll wear which days too depending on events, panels they might want to go to or are part of, guests, and groups so they might plan which cosplay they are wearing last minute
(considering final schedules always come out barely before the con is here). Keep both days. I know there will be more than a handful of SAO cosplayers wandering around.
I can only make the Friday shoot (I have a panel I have to be at and help with during the Saturday photoshoot time) and I'm sure a few other people might end up the same way =]

Ashley Elizabeth, C2Queen
Art & Publications, Forum Staff

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

#100 User is offline   SilverChan04 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 46405

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

i am going to be asuna for the photo shoot. right now i am working on the sword.
ACen 2012:
league of legends: ahri
advent children: tifa
sword art online: asuna

#101 User is offline   PichiChan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63195

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't know which day I can be Asuna yet, but I agree we should keep both times reserved. Speaking of Asuna, I am almost done with her socks now! :D Funny, how even little details still take hours ;_;
How are the other Asuna's keeping their gloves/socks to stay up? Some sort of tape?
I know for my socks I'm planning to make clear garters, but idk about my gloves yet >.<

#102 User is offline   aznskater14 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62819

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I need to find a asuna ._.

#103 User is offline   StellarKei 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 28651

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostPichiChan, on 28 April 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I don't know which day I can be Asuna yet, but I agree we should keep both times reserved. Speaking of Asuna, I am almost done with her socks now! :D/> Funny, how even little details still take hours ;_;
How are the other Asuna's keeping their gloves/socks to stay up? Some sort of tape?
I know for my socks I'm planning to make clear garters, but idk about my gloves yet >.<

You can use sock glue :3 http://www.sockdream...y-adhesive:3487
First attended ACen in 2006, 9th year going!

#104 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostPichiChan, on 28 April 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I don't know which day I can be Asuna yet, but I agree we should keep both times reserved. Speaking of Asuna, I am almost done with her socks now! Posted Image Funny, how even little details still take hours ;_;

Plain glue stick works as well if you can't get sock glue in time. C2Queen has been using it and it works and won't stain the socks/gloves and will come off easy and not ruin the fabric. Just make sure to keep the stick on you because the only flaw is it tends to wear off quickly.

#105 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I finished almost all of my Asuna/Queen Titania. My wig finally came in the mail, too! All I have left is to figure out my wings. I think I have one that I'm happy with, so all I need to do now is duplicate it. Do you guys think clear elastic would look tacky to hold the wings on, over my shoulders? I'm feel like attaching them to the back would make it too heavy...
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#106 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostClockworkCutie, on 29 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I finished almost all of my Asuna/Queen Titania. My wig finally came in the mail, too! All I have left is to figure out my wings. I think I have one that I'm happy with, so all I need to do now is duplicate it. Do you guys think clear elastic would look tacky to hold the wings on, over my shoulders? I'm feel like attaching them to the back would make it too heavy...

im finish painting my wings and stuff for my lyfa cosplay so attaching is quite hard for me...im using the clear elastic rope...you know the thing you use to make a bracelete and stuff...there is a stretchable but i don't know if it work!!><

This post has been edited by otakupunzal: 30 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

#107 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postotakupunzal, on 30 April 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

im finish painting my wings and stuff for my lyfa cosplay so attaching is quite hard for me...im using the clear elastic rope...you know the thing you use to make a bracelete and stuff...there is a stretchable but i don't know if it work!!><

Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking of using. It has a little stretch to it, but not much. I'm not going full-size with my wings either. I hope that doesn't disappoint people, but I just can't get the wire to cooperate with me when I made it too big. =/
Props/accessories always seem so fun until you actually make them. Lol I hope everyone's swords are going well!
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#108 User is offline   Scout Girl24 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63595

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I will be cosplaying the last half of Friday as Klein with a Kirito and Asuna!

#109 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19054

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Kirito here.

#110 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

After taking another look at the schedule, it seems like we technically have a full hour we can use for Saturday. There's no one in our location immediately after us, so we can take our time getting more fun shots if that's the case!
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#111 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostClockworkCutie, on 07 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

After taking another look at the schedule, it seems like we technically have a full hour we can use for Saturday. There's no one in our location immediately after us, so we can take our time getting more fun shots if that's the case!

Actually, Saturday's shoot has an hour slot open so you don't have to worry. It's not that no one is after Saturday's shoot, the SAO shoot is highlighted purple BECAUSE it's a 1 hour shoot. Friday is a half hour shoot and Saturday is one full hour. When shoots are highlighted purple it means they take up more than half an hour and or also take up more than one area. Hope that helps =]

#112 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

What is the real time for Saturday??? Because it said in guidebook that there is 4 or 5/6... Did I get it wrong...

#113 User is offline   Puppetry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17504

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm going as Sachi with my friend, Pichichan's Asuna. Hope you haven't forgotten about me, Kirito-kuns xP

#114 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

View Postotakupunzal, on 11 May 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

What is the real time for Saturday??? Because it said in guidebook that there is 4 or 5/6... Did I get it wrong...

The schedule they posted on these threads says 4-5 on Saturday. Madoka has that spot 5-6.
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#115 User is offline   ClockworkCutie 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hello again, guys! I'm getting excited! ^-^

It's looking like a high chance of rain, so be sure you pay attention to what the weather's doing before you head to the gathering location. Our rain location is the Lower Dome, which is explained on page 1 of the gathering/schedule thread. Walk towards the escalators, turn right at the glass doors to the lower dome.

I probably won't be able to check this thread during the day, so let's all just plan on going with what the weather does. No one wants a wet costume.

Can't wait to meet you all!
-Clockwork Cutie
2014 cosplays:
June (999)
Steampunk Snow White

#116 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19054

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Did anyone else notice that the Saturday photo shoot is at the same time as the Aniplex Industry Panel? Hint: Aniplex licensed SAO.

#117 User is offline   animeotaku717 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 22655

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

It was quite fun. I hope to see you all next year. I was the Kirito with the broken swords but thankfully fixed thanks to Mr. Mortensen. Much appreciated by the way. Congratulations to the ones who proposed in the Saturday shoot.
Had a blast, here's my share of pics:

https://www.facebook...=1&l=e72a0a83ff

...but I will still be uploading more sooner or later. Feel free to add or tag me on facebook. If you can't remember I'm the kirito who also lent swords for the shoot and with the two tone blue dark repulser. Also anyone seen Renji or that asian 2013's video yet? A link would be much appreciated if you do find it. Also still wish I found that Silica. Didn't see it. Saw a sinon though. ^_^
My AMV Studio: OtakuOutcomes
My Creator Name: AnimeOtaku717
2015 Cosplays:
New and Old

Thinking of what to do in the meantime... In love with anime since 1992.

#118 User is offline   animeotaku717 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Oh and to the Yui. Here's the gif of your twirl. http://fav.me/d65udyu
2015 Cosplays:
New and Old

#119 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Postanimeotaku717, on 19 May 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

It was quite fun. I hope to see you all next year. I was the Kirito with the broken swords but thankfully fixed thanks to Mr. Mortensen. Much appreciated by the way. Congratulations to the ones who proposed in the Saturday shoot.
Had a blast, here's my share of pics:

https://www.facebook...=1&l=e72a0a83ff

...but I will still be uploading more sooner or later. Feel free to add or tag me on facebook. If you can't remember I'm the kirito who also lent swords for the shoot and with the two tone blue dark repulser. Also anyone seen Renji or that asian 2013's video yet? A link would be much appreciated if you do find it. Also still wish I found that Silica. Didn't see it. Saw a sinon though. ^_^/>/>

Silica is PockyTheif on Facebook (thats her page/cosplay name) She was only Silica super early Saturday morning then lost her badge and changed out. She had a rough morning so she didn't get to be in Silica nearly as much as she planned to be in it. Renji's in the process of posting his video to Youtube, you should be able to find it searching "Anime Love Story Fanservice Renji" on Youtube after he posts it tonight or tomorrow. Renji is a close personal friend of mine as well as PockyTheif/Alex. Someone proposed... as in marriage? At the Saturday shoot? I couldn't make the Saturday one but I was at the Friday shoot with Renji/HeathCliff & my friend Kevin (White Jacket Kirito). I was the Asuna shouting/running half the shoot on Friday XD

#120 User is offline   animeotaku717 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 20 May 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Silica is PockyTheif on Facebook (thats her page/cosplay name) She was only Silica super early Saturday morning then lost her badge and changed out. She had a rough morning so she didn't get to be in Silica nearly as much as she planned to be in it. Renji's in the process of posting his video to Youtube, you should be able to find it searching "Anime Love Story Fanservice Renji" on Youtube after he posts it tonight or tomorrow. Renji is a close personal friend of mine as well as PockyTheif/Alex. Someone proposed... as in marriage? At the Saturday shoot? I couldn't make the Saturday one but I was at the Friday shoot with Renji/HeathCliff & my friend Kevin (White Jacket Kirito). I was the Asuna shouting/running half the shoot on Friday XD

Thank you very much for that information. As for the proposal it was there on the shoot for Saturday. The Kirito proposed to an Asuna. A whole real ring in the box, we all eneded up putting swords over them for their moment. Made it a bit memorable, might've made a few petals fall but eh what not for the lucky couple. I believe I have a few pics from others for it since my camera died. It's in the same album. Still wished I saw her ah well next time then. I did see a sinon though. Hope there are more posts ^_^ I don't know who the couple was but Congratulations.
2015 Cosplays:
New and Old

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users