• This topic is locked

Sailor Moon 2013

#91 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

im waiting for my new sewing table to come in before i end up elbow deep in costume stuff anywho im wondering if anyone knows where to get a sailor moon wig in silver mine did not survive anime milwaukee unless someone has a tip to put hair back up under an odango any help would be apreciated on this.

meh nevermind on the wig i check prices for pre made ones im better off just re ordering the supplies :P

I do have one question and i havent seen it done so i dont know if it would be super cheesy or super epic.... im in the process of making my wings right now and was wondering if it would look cool to embroider the planetary symbols onto the wings one side would be the inner planets and the other side would be the outer planets. will edit later with a drawing of my idea

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 25 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#92 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19583

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostElectraStarr, on 21 March 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

My friend will be bringing her Emerald/Esmeraude cosplay again and I'm planning either a Saphir or Prince Demand to go with her. Not sure which yet :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Pleeeeeease be Sapphire! <3

View PostRinzle, on 22 March 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

I do have one question and i havent seen it done so i dont know if it would be super cheesy or super epic.... im in the process of making my wings right now and was wondering if it would look cool to embroider the planetary symbols onto the wings one side would be the inner planets and the other side would be the outer planets. will edit later with a drawing of my idea

I think that could look cool if the embroidery was done subtly. Like if the wings are white, doing the symbols in a white iridescent thread could be really cool.

Also bumping with progress! I finished styling my wig so I did a make-up, wig, and jewelry test. My friends and I ordered our tiaras so we should have them this weekend. ^_^/>/> Almost done now <3

Posted Image

EDIT: Also, posting a link in case the picture can't load.

This post has been edited by Sailor Anime: 26 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

#93 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 26 March 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

I think that could look cool if the embroidery was done subtly. Like if the wings are white, doing the symbols in a white iridescent thread could be really cool.

Also bumping with progress! I finished styling my wig so I did a make-up, wig, and jewelry test. My friends and I ordered our tiaras so we should have them this weekend. ^_^/>/> Almost done now <3

Posted Image

the link doesnt work :(
my wings are shiny metallic-y pink, im taking some artistic turns with my costume i can now say that my staff will light up the detail on the dress is all silver instead of off white and gold. to tie in the pink wings some of the details on the staff will be pink and the orb will glow blue to match the silver. Idk if my moms machine will be able to handle what i want to do with the wings i did say i was going to draw out the design just havent gotten around to it yet.
ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays

#94 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostRinzle, on 26 March 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

the link doesnt work :(
my wings are shiny metallic-y pink, im taking some artistic turns with my costume i can now say that my staff will light up the detail on the dress is all silver instead of off white and gold. to tie in the pink wings some of the details on the staff will be pink and the orb will glow blue to match the silver. Idk if my moms machine will be able to handle what i want to do with the wings i did say i was going to draw out the design just havent gotten around to it yet.

Fixed the link. Hopefully it works now.

Hmmm, I'm having a hard time picturing what you want with the costume then, so I suppose I'll just wait until you have it sketched out. ^^

#95 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62705

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 26 March 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Also bumping with progress! I finished styling my wig so I did a make-up, wig, and jewelry test. My friends and I ordered our tiaras so we should have them this weekend. ^_^/>/>/> Almost done now <3

Posted Image

Looks good!

I just finished adding shoulder pads to my top and made my mask!
I also got work done on my gloves (first time ever sewing fingered gloves. It seems in the manga ,she wears yellow tipped gloves ,but in Sailor Moon she wears orange tipped 3 ringed gloves . Even though I'm going without sleeves on my top (which is more from Sailor Moon) is it okay to just do the one band of yellow for her gloves? I don't think I have any orange fabric but I have yellow.
2014 Current Cosplay Couple plans:(days depending on photoshoots)
Koto and Yoko from Yu Yu Hakusho
Usagi( Purple anime dress) and Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon
Fluttershy and Big Mac from My Little Pooy
Flareon and Vaporeon ginka from Pokemon

2013 Cosplays :
Erika from Pokemon,: Sailor V and Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon

#96 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostSailor Luna, on 26 March 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Looks good!

I just finished adding shoulder pads to my top and made my mask!
I also got work done on my gloves (first time ever sewing fingered gloves. It seems in the manga ,she wears yellow tipped gloves ,but in Sailor Moon she wears orange tipped 3 ringed gloves . Even though I'm going without sleeves on my top (which is more from Sailor Moon) is it okay to just do the one band of yellow for her gloves? I don't think I have any orange fabric but I have yellow.

I would think yellow would be fine. The orange she has in the anime is even more of a gold-y orange, so you should be good. :)

#97 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Progress Picture time!!! :D/>/>
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My mom says im better off hand sewing this with embroidery floss she says it will go faster that way, now to do it in silver or a different shade of pink?

im a lil meh about the size of the staff the pvc is an 1 1/4" its a bit on the big side but the type a battery i have to use wont fit in the 1" one lol ah well. Im off to go pin and sew the bottom portion of my dress to the top now that we have the sewing table

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 27 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#98 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostRinzle, on 27 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Progress Picture time!!! :D
*picture snip*

My mom says im better off hand sewing this with embroidery floss she says it will go faster that way, now to do it in silver or a different shade of pink?

im a lil meh about the size of the staff the pvc is an 1 1/4" its a bit on the big side but the type a battery i have to use wont fit in the 1" one lol ah well. Im off to go pin and sew the bottom portion of my dress to the top now that we have the sewing table

I would go with a darker shade of pink. I think it'll work better with the fabric you have.

#99 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 27 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

I would go with a darker shade of pink. I think it'll work better with the fabric you have.

mkay :D
ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#100 User is offline   Eddiebphotos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62979

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

2 months out from con now! Yeah! Maybe it'll even be warm by then here in freezing Chicago! Anyways I'd still love to do photos for this group! Links in sig below!

Thanks,
Eddie
See my portfolio including Chicago Cosplay Photography at My Homepage and please like My Facebook Photo Page

#101 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

@Sailor Luna do you know if we have a confirmed photo shoot spot and time yet or are we still waiting to hear that i cant remember if it was mentioned.

*gasp* i gained weight.... i had to completely redo the top of the dress cause well yea i went up a size in the top at least i had enough fabric left over cause otherwise it would have been a 45 min trip to the nearest Joann fabrics all for a yard and a 1/4 of fabric. So who else is beginning to spend there weekends making there costumes.

7 weeks to ACen 2013

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 29 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#102 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostEddiebphotos, on 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

2 months out from con now! Yeah! Maybe it'll even be warm by then here in freezing Chicago! Anyways I'd still love to do photos for this group! Links in sig below!

Thanks,
Eddie

I totally want to have a photographer for the photoshoot but I don't know if I'll have that much extra cash to spare to hire someone.

Now if we can get someone to do it for free that would be awesome.

I'd totally be willing to do photography for another anime photoshoot if anyone's got someone who would be up for a trade like that.

2013 Cosplays :

#103 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostRinzle, on 29 March 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

@Sailor Luna do you know if we have a confirmed photo shoot spot and time yet or are we still waiting to hear that i cant remember if it was mentioned.

*gasp* i gained weight.... i had to completely redo the top of the dress cause well yea i went up a size in the top at least i had enough fabric left over cause otherwise it would have been a 45 min trip to the nearest Joann fabrics all for a yard and a 1/4 of fabric. So who else is beginning to spend there weekends making there costumes.

7 weeks to ACen 2013

According to the submissions thread ,there should be a tenative schedule up soon. So nothing yet . I will try to keep a close eye on that to keep everyone informed!

I've started working on the accessories part of Sailor V since I have the main outfit done.
I'm currently unsure how I"m going to do the crescent forehead . I was tempted to do paint, since unlike makeup ,that won't smear .

I've also started working on my Princess Serenity dress. It's super poofy .xD I've got the skirt done now I need to make the bodice/top layer dress part.

I left my Sailor V skirt with extra fabric incase I got fat since I made it a couple months ago.

However I"m seriously going to try changing my diet in April , so hopefully I'll lose a lot of weight.( Luckily it's alot easier to fix that then add fabric)

2013 Cosplays :

#104 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSailor Luna, on 29 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I've started working on the accessories part of Sailor V since I have the main outfit done.
I'm currently unsure how I"m going to do the crescent forehead . I was tempted to do paint, since unlike makeup ,that won't smear .

When I did Drocell from Kuroshitsuji, I took a piece of an old bald cap and painted his face tattoo on that. It makes it so you can just spirit gum it on and it looks great in pictures! It's worth looking into, especially if you're going to be wearing the costume multiple times.

#105 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58699

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Well not going to be able to bring my friend since she ditched me at the last minute. So I'm changing to Sailor Venus since I have the costume done already. It was for someone else but they decided to do Sailor Saturn instead. So I've got their costume for myself ^^ Should have it ready a couple of days before ACen.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

Friday: Fem!Wesker - Resident Evil (100%)
Saturday: Salior Venus - Salior Moon (95%)
Sunday: Ranigku - Bleach (100%)

#106 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

So after a five hour hunt down for a zipper foot that would fit my machine it still wasnt the proper foot... but i did eventually find an invisible zipper foot. So i have a question ive noticed alot fo neo queen and princess serenity cosplays do either the empire waist or the natural waist line whats everyones thoughts on this its so hard to tell from the pictures where her actual waistline is.

Cosplay remorse?
i guess now that i have the top sewn to the bottom portion i just dont like how it looks which is grrrr because i started the main seam to close it all up... i guess take a look at it when i get home from work and talk to my mom on what can be done i possibly see a date with a seam ripper in the near future.

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 03 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#107 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostRinzle, on 03 April 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

So after a five hour hunt down for a zipper foot that would fit my machine it still wasnt the proper foot... but i did eventually find an invisible zipper foot. So i have a question ive noticed alot fo neo queen and princess serenity cosplays do either the empire waist or the natural waist line whats everyones thoughts on this its so hard to tell from the pictures where her actual waistline is.

Cosplay remorse?
i guess now that i have the top sewn to the bottom portion i just dont like how it looks which is grrrr because i started the main seam to close it all up... i guess take a look at it when i get home from work and talk to my mom on what can be done i possibly see a date with a seam ripper in the near future.

I've always seen it as more of an empire waist style dress, but I would say to go with whichever will be more flattering on you. Of you have a smaller bust, I would go for empire. Otherwise I would go a little lower but not quite quite down to the natural waistline.

#108 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 03 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I've always seen it as more of an empire waist style dress, but I would say to go with whichever will be more flattering on you. Of you have a smaller bust, I would go for empire. Otherwise I would go a little lower but not quite quite down to the natural waistline.

well i mentioned that i had to increase the size of the top because i gained weight(winters in Wisconsin) i went up a bra size so i moved the waistline of the dress up a bit this morning its sitting at about seven inches from the top of the dress to midway between my natural waistline and under-bust, it looks much better now.

as for my wings im really excited with how they are turning out with the embroidery
ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#109 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostRinzle, on 03 April 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Cosplay remorse?

To me it appears it's gathered right below the bust ( I think that's empire waist style >>; ) So that's how I'm doing it on my Princess Serenity dress.
I'm gonna be making the top of my dress tomorrow.

2013 Cosplays :

#110 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostRinzle, on 03 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

well i mentioned that i had to increase the size of the top because i gained weight(winters in Wisconsin) i went up a bra size so i moved the waistline of the dress up a bit this morning its sitting at about seven inches from the top of the dress to midway between my natural waistline and under-bust, it looks much better now.

as for my wings im really excited with how they are turning out with the embroidery

Ah, okay. I don't like to make assumptions so I figured I'd just speak generally about sizing and what not. I'm glad you got it worked out though! :) And you should post progress pics of the wings. I'm curious how they're turning out!

View PostSailor Luna, on 03 April 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

To me it appears it's gathered right below the bust ( I think that's empire waist style >>; ) So that's how I'm doing it on my Princess Serenity dress.
I'm gonna be making the top of my dress tomorrow.

That is an empire waist. You are correct. ^^ I'd like to see your progress too! The royal dresses have always been so pretty! <3

#111 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 04 April 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Ah, okay. I don't like to make assumptions so I figured I'd just speak generally about sizing and what not. I'm glad you got it worked out though! :)/> And you should post progress pics of the wings. I'm curious how they're turning out!

That is an empire waist. You are correct. ^^ I'd like to see your progress too! The royal dresses have always been so pretty! <3

Okay so for the bodice I did a not as shiny (but still a little shiny) fabric that was stiffer and for the under skirt I did a shinier fabric that was more flow-y (both bridal fabrics)
now for the dress part that's attached to the bodice ,should I do the shinyer fabric or the stiffer not shiny fabric?
My parents votes was for the shiny
bodice and underskirt ( I haven't added the decorations onto the bodice yet)
Posted Image

Bodice with with me holding up the bodice fabric over underskirt
Posted Image

2013 Cosplays :

#112 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostSailor Luna, on 04 April 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Okay so for the bodice I did a not as shiny (but still a little shiny) fabric that was stiffer and for the under skirt I did a shinier fabric that was more flow-y (both bridal fabrics)
now for the dress part that's attached to the bodice ,should I do the shinyer fabric or the stiffer not shiny fabric?
Posted Image

Posted Image

I do think the shinier fabric looks nice and would be fitting for a princess style dress. The only I would be worried about is how it would look in photographs. Is the duller fabric taffeta? (That's at least what it looks like on my phone.) Also, I want to say I love the gathering you've done on the underskirt. <3

#113 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSailor Anime, on 04 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I do think the shinier fabric looks nice and would be fitting for a princess style dress. The only I would be worried about is how it would look in photographs. Is the duller fabric taffeta? (That's at least what it looks like on my phone.) Also, I want to say I love the gathering you've done on the underskirt. <3

well that's why I took a picture of the shiny fabric next to the bodice. My mom said if the shiny fabric is only for the underskirt that peeks out the last 5 inches or so that it would look like a slip was peeking out. Yeah I'm not sure how well it will be in photos , but I think it looks okay in that photo. it's shiny but not obnoxiously so , I think.

No the duller fabric I believe is satin.... not sure though x.x ( it does have a slight shine to it)
I'm like 90% sure it's not taffeta ,whatever it is XD

Thanks <3

It's so poofy! ( I made it like 3 times around me amount of fabric)

This post has been edited by Sailor Luna: 04 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

2013 Cosplays :

#114 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

whoa just totally noticed that Sailor in the manga has no butt bow , but in Sailor Moon she does!
I wonder which looks nicer?

2013 Cosplays :

#115 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostSailor Luna, on 04 April 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is what my original Princess Serenity dress looked like it was my first cosplay
Posted Image

as for the wing i still have to put mars onto this one and then connect them all
Posted Image

i will have progress photos of my dress sometime later this weekend. Im currently working on a tutorial for arda-wigs on making there specialty wigs larger in band size. the cap is large enough but the band size is where im running into issues they only go up to 23 inches my measurement is 23.5 inches.

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 04 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#116 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostRinzle, on 04 April 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

this is what my original Princess Serenity dress looked like it was my first cosplay
Posted Image

as for the wing i still have to put mars onto this one and then connect them all
Posted Image

i will have progress photos of my dress sometime later this weekend. Im currently working on a tutorial for arda-wigs on making there specialty wigs larger in band size. the cap is large enough but the band size is where im running into issues they only go up to 23 inches my measurement is 23.5 inches.

Wings look fancy ^_^

2013 Cosplays :

#117 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostSailor Luna, on 04 April 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

well that's why I took a picture of the shiny fabric next to the bodice. My mom said if the shiny fabric is only for the underskirt that peeks out the last 5 inches or so that it would look like a slip was peeking out. Yeah I'm not sure how well it will be in photos , but I think it looks okay in that photo. it's shiny but not obnoxiously so , I think.

No the duller fabric I believe is satin.... not sure though x.x ( it does have a slight shine to it)
I'm like 90% sure it's not taffeta ,whatever it is XD

Thanks <3

It's so poofy! ( I made it like 3 times around me amount of fabric)

Ahhh, yeah it's easier to see that it's not taffeta now that I'm back on a laptop. XD But I agree with your mom. If it's only the underskirt and it's seen, it could look more like a slip showing than part of the dress. So yes, I'm leaning towards the shinier fabric.

View PostSailor Luna, on 04 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

whoa just totally noticed that Sailor in the manga has no butt bow , but in Sailor Moon she does!
I wonder which looks nicer?

Hmmm, you finish the dress first and see how it looks. Since the bow would be easy to add at the end you could see how it looks without first. ^^

View PostRinzle, on 04 April 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That first dress looks really nice and the wings are turning out nicely too!

#118 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostSailor Anime, on 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Ahhh, yeah it's easier to see that it's not taffeta now that I'm back on a laptop. XD But I agree with your mom. If it's only the underskirt and it's seen, it could look more like a slip showing than part of the dress. So yes, I'm leaning towards the shinier fabric.

Hmmm, you finish the dress first and see how it looks. Since the bow would be easy to add at the end you could see how it looks without first. ^^

That first dress looks really nice and the wings are turning out nicely too!

heheheehhe the first dress was hot glued together i showed it to my mom the other day and she just started shaking her head
ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#119 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

soooo yeaaaa i finished the dress and its too big ............ and i dont like how it looks so i went and picked up this patternits the closest i could find, and some more of the fabric im using.

something i found on youtube you guys might like.Sailor Moon Voice Actors

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 07 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#120 User is offline   Sailor Luna 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostRinzle, on 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

soooo yeaaaa i finished the dress and its too big ............ and i dont like how it looks so i went and picked up this patternits the closest i could find, and some more of the fabric im using.

something i found on youtube you guys might like.Sailor Moon Voice Actors

Perhaps it's just because that she's not always flying around/bursts of air coming around her(like her original princess seems always to be blowing somewhere) ,but I was always under the impression she had a really slimming/tighter dress , more like a not super tight mermaid style dress as it always seems there's a lot of fabric near her feet but never anywhere else. Maybe you can edit the dress you made though?

2013 Cosplays :

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic