Anime Central Forums: Dating panel fails throughout the years? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dating panel fails throughout the years? I'm curious to know why they all failed

#31 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 26 September 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

There is the answer -pushes him into the panel-

Nope. You'd naught catch this fellow in attendance of such a panel. I bid such panels "good day "
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#32 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Because dating sucks and everyone is out getting a body pillow instead.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#33 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 September 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Nope. You'd naught catch this fellow in attendance of such a panel. I bid such panels "good day "

that's single guy talk.

the talk of guys who remain single.

#34 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 27 September 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

that's single guy talk.

the talk of guys who remain single.

Wait, so the cool thing is to go to these said panel instead of actually trying to communicate with the opposite gender elsewhere? ACen is short and I rather go to other things. Im still sad I missed Hamauzus Q and A session.

Had no idea ACen dating panels were so important. Lol (was my post the lame part? Sounded funnier last night, tho I was half asleep. Lol

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 27 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#35 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Participating attendees could wear badges/stickers displaying their relationship status. Also, checkboxes indicating preferences and whether they are actually looking for a relationship or just friendship.
That is also my idea for weddings. ;)
Posted Image
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#36 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 September 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Participating attendees could wear badges/stickers displaying their relationship status.

We already have badges to identify someone as single. They're known as Naruto Headbands.
All systems... GO!

#37 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 September 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Wait, so the cool thing is to go to these said panel instead of actually trying to communicate with the opposite gender elsewhere? ACen is short and I rather go to other things. Im still sad I missed Hamauzus Q and A session.

Had no idea ACen dating panels were so important. Lol (was my post the lame part? Sounded funnier last night, tho I was half asleep. Lol

your post wasn't lame, just saying there's nothing wrong with going to a panel like this if you're serious about
meeting someone; just defending the people who do go.

besides, if you're methods of trying to find a girlfriend/boyfriend aren't working, logic dictates you need to try something
drastically different. maybe if you went to a panel like this, you'd have a girlfriend in, like, the first two seconds, xeno.

#38 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 27 September 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

your post wasn't lame, just saying there's nothing wrong with going to a panel like this if you're serious about
meeting someone; just defending the people who do go.

besides, if you're methods of trying to find a girlfriend/boyfriend aren't working, logic dictates you need to try something
drastically different. maybe if you went to a panel like this, you'd have a girlfriend in, like, the first two seconds, xeno.

Whoa Chief, I think you are reading into things too much. I dont disapprove of this, it's just not my thing. Especially at ACen. Too much things to do, and stuff I miss.

Also I don't feel like divulging in my personal life here so ill keep it short, but im not where I wanna be(not refering to location) , so Im not really looking or caring bout these things. Ill just leave it at that. Sides I never complain about not having anyone, nor really said im having trouble. I'd be a hypocrite if I did. Lol Tho I do agree that switching methods is key if the previous method isn't working out. Tell folks that a lot myself.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#39 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 September 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Whoa Chief, I think you are reading into things too much.

maybe. c:

okay, my mistake. i thought you were actively looking based on the things fujoshi mentioned.

#40 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 27 September 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

We already have badges to identify someone as single. They're known as Naruto Headbands.

wooaahhh low blow buddy.
But I laughed my butt off.
(I'm not a Naruto fan, for the record)
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#41 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostSteam_Loli216, on 27 September 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

wooaahhh low blow buddy.
But I laughed my butt off.
(I'm not a Naruto fan, for the record)

well, to be fair, are you single?

lol, i like naruto, too, but i can't pretend like wearing the handband makes you more likely
to get a date, so i didn't debate the quip.

#42 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 27 September 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

well, to be fair, are you single?

lol, i like naruto, too, but i can't pretend like wearing the handband makes you more likely
to get a date, so i didn't debate the quip.

No, I'm married!
I thought it was funny mainly because I'm not a fan (understatement, I can't stand it).

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#43 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

lol, how did i not see the word 'not' there?

i should probably refrain from posting here while typing.
but yah, i think people who really, really like that series and wear the headbands are used to
being looked down on to the point that it doesn't phase them much anymore..?

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 28 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

#44 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 28 September 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

lol, how did i not see the word 'not' there?

i should probably refrain from posting here while typing.
but yah, i think people who really, really like that series and wear the headbands are used to
being looked down on to the point that it doesn't phase them much anymore..?

lawl I'm the master at misreading what people type.

#45 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 27 September 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Does not apply to Kakashi

I know a Kakashi who gets mad laid from all types of womenz.

EDIT: Because of current, might not apply to Itachi/Madara/Obito.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 28 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#46 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Maybe I should clarify:

If you do a legit balling accurate Naruto cosplay of any character then you're entitled to whatever intimacies you can acquire.

But if you're "that guy"(and we all know one) who's sporting the Naruto headband, fingerless gloves and Tripp pants then you've already called yourself Out on your own ballgame.
All systems... GO!

#47 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 29 September 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Maybe I should clarify:

If you do a legit balling accurate Naruto cosplay of any character then you're entitled to whatever intimacies you can acquire.

But if you're "that guy"(and we all know one) who's sporting the Naruto headband, fingerless gloves and Tripp pants then you've already called yourself Out on your own ballgame.

I laughed.....way too hard at the second part.

Adding on, you bought everything at hot topic.

I used to be a Narutard but not that bad. I was the girl who cosplayed Maito Gai and knew a Sasuke/Kakashi who indeed got mad laid.

On topic though, ummmm, well to be honest I couldn't mod or help out with this so at the most I could say to just give it a shot and learn from this thread, if op or anyone desires.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#48 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

IDK what happened at ACen but I met my girlfriend at Wizard World. We've been dating for over a month. IDK about others, but my experience most certainly wasn't a fail. :) Also WW's panel had a limit on how many guys got in. If my story isn't enough, a friend of mine is engaged to his gf that he met at last year's C2E2. My personal opinion for these panels to be a success you need an even girl to guy ratio, you need to be friendly, be yourself, but not sound desperate, lol. Also I was dressed as Danny Phantom, so don't think you shouldn't be wearing cosplay because that isn't true. ;)

And yeah, maybe it's just me, but I think it's best a panel like this remains 18+. LOL

This post has been edited by STVO: 30 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#49 User is offline   Graphospasm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60344

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I had a rather odd experience with last year's cosplay dating panel. They filled all the chairs with girls (there were plenty of girls) and had the guys rotate between girls for a set amount of time... but there were so few guys that I spent six or seven rotations sitting alone chatting with the girl next to me.

Another weird thing was caused by the name of the panel itself. Since the panel was called a COSPLAY dating panel, some people refused to break character and it got really hard to connect to the person behind the cosplay. Especially when one guy's cosplay was of a near mute character... yeesh. I just acted like myself, but to the in-character peoples' credit the staffers weren't too clear on whether or not we should stay in cosplay character during the panel. A bit awkward.

The final thing I remember was that the staffers never let us say who we wanted to contact at the panel's end. We were supposed to write down a list of the guys we liked but the staffers neither collected our lists nor made any effort to provide us with contact info. They were also unclear as to whether only girls were picking guys, vice versa, or what, so everybody was picking everybody and organization just collapsed.

I've only ever been to that one dating panel and I missed out on a photoshoot to do it. I probably won't go to another dating panel based on my first experience.

Further Food For Thought: Most of the dating panels seem geared toward heterosexual people. Weird?

This post has been edited by Graphospasm: 08 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Cosplay:
--Carmen Sandiego--Velma Dinkley--Utena Tenjou--Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho--Teen Titan's Raven--Pinkie Pie

#50 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostGraphospasm, on 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Since the panel was called a COSPLAY dating panel, some people refused to break character and it got really hard to connect to the person behind the cosplay.

lols
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#51 User is offline   NiqueyDomii 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59753

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostGraphospasm, on 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

I had a rather odd experience with last year's cosplay dating panel. They filled all the chairs with girls (there were plenty of girls) and had the guys rotate between girls for a set amount of time... but there were so few guys that I spent six or seven rotations sitting alone chatting with the girl next to me.

Another weird thing was caused by the name of the panel itself. Since the panel was called a COSPLAY dating panel, some people refused to break character and it got really hard to connect to the person behind the cosplay. Especially when one guy's cosplay was of a near mute character... yeesh. I just acted like myself, but to the in-character peoples' credit the staffers weren't too clear on whether or not we should stay in cosplay character during the panel. A bit awkward.

The final thing I remember was that the staffers never let us say who we wanted to contact at the panel's end. We were supposed to write down a list of the guys we liked but the staffers neither collected our lists nor made any effort to provide us with contact info. They were also unclear as to whether only girls were picking guys, vice versa, or what, so everybody was picking everybody and organization just collapsed.

I've only ever been to that one dating panel and I missed out on a photoshoot to do it. I probably won't go to another dating panel based on my first experience.

Further Food For Thought: Most of the dating panels seem geared toward heterosexual people. Weird?

Well do you think people would be more interested if it was a same gender panel?
Wandering into my wonderland.^___^

#52 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

i think grapho meant that it should have been presented as an option to attendees;

which it should have.

#53 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I've only once seen the idea of same sex couples being brought up at a dating panel, and no one was interested or took advantage. Given I've not been to a lot of them but it seems uncommon. Maybe there just isn't demand for it?
All systems... GO!

#54 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

The LGBT situation is one reason I think an "open" mixer is one way to go rather than "orientation specific" groups.

And in a way, we already have something like a mixer already... it's called the lobby of the DES Convention Center where everyone gathers to get into Reg or Exhibit Space... the only thing there though is it's not just singles. :thumbup:

Repeat: these are my personal opinions and in no way should be taken as an ACen staff statement. So there. :P
This space intentionally left blank.

#55 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've never once bothered to go to one, for two reasons:

1. I see little point, since ACen is a 4 hour drive for me and I have no interest in long distance relationships
2. I'm bisexual. I prefer women. When I was single, I would have very much preferred to have a speed dating/mixer/whatever type thing that would help me meet GIRLS.

I will not be going to any in the foreseeable future, either, as I have a wonderful boyfriend now <3 and also a new girlfriend. Because polyamory is cool, haters to the left, yo. (They know about each other and are both okay with this, so please don't even bother to try to get into an argument on this, 'kay?)
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#56 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 September 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Participating attendees could wear badges/stickers displaying their relationship status. Also, checkboxes indicating preferences and whether they are actually looking for a relationship or just friendship.
That is also my idea for weddings. ;)
Posted Image

This is so good. lol
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#57 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Next year's dating panel/mixer will be in my pants....I mean my room party.
@PrayerPolice
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#58 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Here's some inspiration:

http://www.huffingto..._ref=weird-news

This post has been edited by obakasan: 15 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

This space intentionally left blank.

#59 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postobakasan, on 15 October 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Here's some inspiration:

http://www.huffingto..._ref=weird-news

What I read:

Butthurt from the guy that probably looked the most aestheticly pleasing was taken. (Tho that wasnt really cool.) Tho I thought speed dates wasnt really for finding someone like that? Ive heard tale of people with bfs/gfs going to speed dating
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#60 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

You can't really moderate that sort of thing I guess since it's all honor system. I know couples who have decided to go events like that just to check it out. *shrug*
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users