Anime Central Forums: This Crazy World... - Anime Central Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Crazy World... Let's discuss what's going on..everywhere.

#181 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

There are now two people sitting at my computer;

The one who cannot in good faith believe he just read two "Arrow to the ______" references in the same morning, and the one who should just walk away and not say a word.

We both know which one has control over the keyboard, and both now have eye cancer.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#182 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 04 November 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

There are now two people sitting at my computer;

The one who cannot in good faith believe he just read two "Arrow to the ______" references in the same morning, and the one who should just walk away and not say a word.

We both know which one has control over the keyboard, and both now have eye cancer.

You used to have control over the keyboard, then you took an...

Nah.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I do not tempt the Washu avatar"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#183 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

So what is bigger on this Tuesday? Presidential Election or Halo 4?

#184 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

*sigh*

Tired of robocalls. The joy of living in a tossup house district.

*Repeats to self that the pain is almost over.*
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#185 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postrondo, on 05 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

So what is bigger on this Tuesday? Presidential Election or Halo 4?

halo 4

http://www.usatoday....pencer/1681317/

EDIT: say that because only the older people are worried about the election and all the younger people are worried/more concerned about this game.

humans<octupus

http://www.grindtv.c...sparks+outrage/

Also Chinese woman donates her liver to her ex. I have a link but sadly outside of advertisement meddling I can't really post a good one without a video included. Sad no?

http://www.reuters.c...&videoChannel=4

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 05 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#186 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Is Halo 4 a sinister plot to depress the youth vote? I dunno. But I feel patriotic playing Assassin's Creed III!

Of course, the way I play it, the reason we won the Revolution was because Connor killed all the British soldiers in America by 1777...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I'm not supposed to just carve my way through New York?"

BEAR CAV!

#187 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Man, all the games out this end of the year. So much to play...I need all the time I had back in the school days for all of this.

#188 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I do think its funny how some actually belive Halo 4 is a way to "surpress" the voting. Yet somehow forgetting that nobody is forcing them to play/buy the game and polling places close by 6. lol Silly people.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#189 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I do think its funny how some actually belive Halo 4 is a way to "surpress" the voting. Yet somehow forgetting that nobody is forcing them to play/buy the game and polling places close by 6. lol Silly people.

For the record, I don't actually believe that--but it would not surprise me if others did. Like you said, go vote, then go get Halo. Win-win. You can either celebrate by blowing away your friends in deathmatches or mourn by blowing away your friends in deathmatches.

Beats, say, Gettysburg, when Americans were actually killing each other over election results.

BTW, the first votes are in from beautiful Dixville Notch, NH, and...it's a tie. Five for Obama, five for Romney. Which means...um, it's gonna be a tie?

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Have fun with the Electoral College figuring that one out!"

BEAR CAV!

#190 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 05 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

For the record, I don't actually believe that--but it would not surprise me if others did. Like you said, go vote, then go get Halo. Win-win. You can either celebrate by blowing away your friends in deathmatches or mourn by blowing away your friends in deathmatches.

Beats, say, Gettysburg, when Americans were actually killing each other over election results.

BTW, the first votes are in from beautiful Dixville Notch, NH, and...it's a tie. Five for Obama, five for Romney. Which means...um, it's gonna be a tie?

Ben Da Mad Irishman

Means this election year is likely to drag out on and on. Great time to be a lawyer I guess.

#191 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 05 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Ben Da Mad Irishman

Or Gary Johnson wins :D...maybe.... :unsure: .......Ok fine. :( *sits in corner*.

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 06 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#192 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 06 November 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Or Gary Johnson wins :D...maybe.... :unsure: .......Ok fine. :( *sits in corner*.

HA HA HA...no.

Cracked.com had an interesting article on unconscious things we do that affect our vote. One of them is we have a tendency to vote for the person at the top of the ballot. I thought it was kinda BS...until I caught myself doing exactly that for one of the lower, local level races.

Not as funny as looking at the ballot and realizing, "Hey, I went to school with this guy!"

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"No, it wasn't Romney"

BEAR CAV!

#193 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

So here we sit the day after The Day. Here is what I see and think about at this point:

Barack Obama is President for 4 more years. What are you expecting to happen during this upcoming period?
Who is the next candidates who will run for the elephants and donkeys?
More gay marriage initiatives succeeded yesterday.
Two states approved recreational marijuana use even though it is illegal on a federal level.
Are you ready for the fiscal cliff?
Will the war between Isreal and Iran start soon?

=========================================================================================================

If Republicans want to get back into the office and have more political weight, they need to move back towards the center. They also need to pull the reigns on some rather awkwardly outspoken representatives.

This post has been edited by rondo: 07 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

#194 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

View Postrondo, on 07 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

So here we sit the day after The Day. Here is what I see and think about at this point:

Barack Obama is President for 4 more years. What are you expecting to happen during this upcoming period? More people to join the welfare state and less jobs to actually hold a living wage.
More gay marriage initiatives succeeded yesterday.
Two states approved recreational marijuana use even though it is illegal on a federal level.
Are you ready for the fiscal cliff? Will the war between Isreal and Iran start soon? Proabably, Now that it is known we have another 4 years of a person with love for Isreal, Iran has a perfect chance.

=========================================================================================================

If Republicans want to get back into the office and have more political weight, they need to move back towards the center. They also need to pull the reigns on some rather awkwardly outspoken representatives.

More people to join the welfare state and less jobs to actually hold a living wage.
Yay!
:thumbup: At least it's a start
Hell no. I'm barely hanging on as it is.
Proabably, Now that it is known we have another 4 years of a person with love for Isreal, Iran has a perfect chance.

*cough cough*Libertarian party *cough cough*

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 07 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

#195 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 07 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

More people to join the welfare state and less jobs to actually hold a living wage.
Yay!
:thumbup: At least it's a start
Hell no. I'm barely hanging on as it is.
Proabably, Now that it is known we have another 4 years of a person with love for Isreal, Iran has a perfect chance.

*cough cough*Libertarian party *cough cough*

Posted Image

http://news.yahoo.co...-election.html.

Mind you I have a job and I get benefits from the government. EDIT: even though in my state they are currently cut due to a current law.

Saying that everyone is going to join welfare based on your standards has ruffled my feathers a bit. If that's the case then hell I should said that everyone in the republican party are racist hicks who only support wars and making the rich rich but you know that's not true either.

Sent already has proven that false.

Just because you're barely hanging on doesn't mean that the whole nation is the same.

Also I find it hilarious that you accuse our president for having a love for Isreal but Rom has admit, on tv, of cutting medicare on a national level, making a five year old cry, among other issues. Butthurt much?

But this isn't going to turn into another politic debate so going to answer Rondo's questions:

What are you expecting to happen during this upcoming period? More battles with republicans who hate him along with idiots and more time to prove that he isn't another Bush.

Who is the next candidates who will run for the elephants and donkeys? There were three other nominations on the ballets. I was tempted to put Sent's name in though....

More gay marriage initiatives succeeded yesterday: This is good. If I get a gf I can try to marry her.

Two states approved recreational marijuana use even though it is illegal on a federal level: This is weird. Why not make all weed legal? Heck they sell it here everyday.

Are you ready for the fiscal cliff? Not really. I'm not even ready for the butthurt people.

Will the war between Isreal and Iran start soon? Probably. This world has gone to hell recently and WHEN does the middle east not fight?

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#196 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 07 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

http://news.yahoo.co...-election.html.

Mind you I have a job and I get benefits from the government. EDIT: even though in my state they are currently cut due to a current law.

Saying that everyone is going to join welfare based on your standards has ruffled my feathers a bit. If that's the case then hell I should said that everyone in the republican party are racist hicks who only support wars and making the rich rich but you know that's not true either.

Sent already has proven that false.

Just because you're barely hanging on doesn't mean that the whole nation is the same.

Also I find it hilarious that you accuse our president for having a love for Isreal but Rom has admit, on tv, of cutting medicare on a national level, making a five year old cry, among other issues. Butthurt much?

But this isn't going to turn into another politic debate so going to answer Rondo's questions:

What are you expecting to happen during this upcoming period? More battles with republicans who hate him along with idiots and more time to prove that he isn't another Bush.

Who is the next candidates who will run for the elephants and donkeys? There were three other nominations on the ballets. I was tempted to put Sent's name in though....

More gay marriage initiatives succeeded yesterday: This is good. If I get a gf I can try to marry her.

Two states approved recreational marijuana use even though it is illegal on a federal level: This is weird. Why not make all weed legal? Heck they sell it here everyday.

Are you ready for the fiscal cliff? Not really. I'm not even ready for the butthurt people.

Will the war between Isreal and Iran start soon? Probably. This world has gone to hell recently and WHEN does the middle east not fight?

Just a little fact. Millions of more americans on on food stamps and other goverment aid since obama took office. So going from pervious records that will happen again this term.

Also sorry I meant, NO love for Isreal. Typo. My mistake.

Just a little side note. How many people have actualy prospered fiscially during this term? Nobody I know. And nobody on this board here seems to have been either. But no, I wasn't during this into a debate I was just answering rondo's question.

#197 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

I'm not going to sour grapes over the election. Obama won. Period.

Now I want to know what he intends to do. We know he's good at campaigning. Now he must prove he's good at governing, because he sure as hell didn't prove it the first time around. Even Obama supporters say he needed another four years. Okay, he's got it. What's he going to do?

The fiscal cliff is coming. It's not going to spare any American no matter if they voted for Obama, Romney, Johnson, or Saeko Busujima. Both sides have to work out a compromise. Taxes may need to go up. Defense spending may need to be cut some. But entitlements have to be worked on too. That $16 trillion deficit is not going away because Obama was elected.

Iran doesn't just want Israel dead. They want us gone too. Religious fanatics cannot be negotiated with, and they cannot be appeased. We can shrug and say "It's just the Middle East." We did that back in the 1990s. 9/11 was the price we paid, and make no mistake: al-Qaeda is alive and well and wants to pull a repeat performance. Benghazi proved that. We've hurt them, but we haven't crushed them. And China and Japan are still smoldering at each other. People may accuse Republicans of wanting war, but wars tend to happen whether we want them or not. That isn't going away because Obama was elected.

We still have a stagnant economy. It's showing some signs of life. Good. But if carbon taxes, Obamacare taxes, and some of the other rather ridiculous ideas I've heard bandied about come true, that economy will be strangled. We'll have a double-dip recession, and unemployment will rise. The youth unemployment rate is 16%. African-Americans face a rate of 14%. That isn't going away because Obama was elected.

Most of all, we need to stop with the post-election crap. Conservatives need to stop with the doom and gloom and "it's all over; screw the blue states; RIP USA 1776-2012". Liberals need to stop with the victory laps and "HA HA WE WON" horsecrap. We're all Americans, and we need to stop with the hate on each other.

Obama has a singular opportunity to go down in history not as just the first black President, but one of the great Presidents. But he has to do it for 100% of the country, not 50.6% of it.

Like the Starks say in Westeros: winter is coming. And we need to huddle together to survive it.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Or we will all freeze separately"

BEAR CAV!

#198 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 08 November 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

I'm not going to sour grapes over the election. Obama won. Period.

Now I want to know what he intends to do. We know he's good at campaigning. Now he must prove he's good at governing, because he sure as hell didn't prove it the first time around. Even Obama supporters say he needed another four years. Okay, he's got it. What's he going to do?

The fiscal cliff is coming. It's not going to spare any American no matter if they voted for Obama, Romney, Johnson, or Saeko Busujima. Both sides have to work out a compromise. Taxes may need to go up. Defense spending may need to be cut some. But entitlements have to be worked on too. That $16 trillion deficit is not going away because Obama was elected.

Iran doesn't just want Israel dead. They want us gone too. Religious fanatics cannot be negotiated with, and they cannot be appeased. We can shrug and say "It's just the Middle East." We did that back in the 1990s. 9/11 was the price we paid, and make no mistake: al-Qaeda is alive and well and wants to pull a repeat performance. Benghazi proved that. We've hurt them, but we haven't crushed them. And China and Japan are still smoldering at each other. People may accuse Republicans of wanting war, but wars tend to happen whether we want them or not. That isn't going away because Obama was elected.

We still have a stagnant economy. It's showing some signs of life. Good. But if carbon taxes, Obamacare taxes, and some of the other rather ridiculous ideas I've heard bandied about come true, that economy will be strangled. We'll have a double-dip recession, and unemployment will rise. The youth unemployment rate is 16%. African-Americans face a rate of 14%. That isn't going away because Obama was elected.

Most of all, we need to stop with the post-election crap. Conservatives need to stop with the doom and gloom and "it's all over; screw the blue states; RIP USA 1776-2012". Liberals need to stop with the victory laps and "HA HA WE WON" horsecrap. We're all Americans, and we need to stop with the hate on each other.

Obama has a singular opportunity to go down in history not as just the first black President, but one of the great Presidents. But he has to do it for 100% of the country, not 50.6% of it.

Like the Starks say in Westeros: winter is coming. And we need to huddle together to survive it.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Or we will all freeze separately"

Why can't more right wings be like you Sent?

View PostDark Stranger, on 08 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Just a little fact. Millions of more americans on on food stamps and other goverment aid since obama took office. So going from pervious records that will happen again this term.

Also sorry I meant, NO love for Isreal. Typo. My mistake.

Just a little side note. How many people have actualy prospered fiscially during this term? Nobody I know. And nobody on this board here seems to have been either. But no, I wasn't during this into a debate I was just answering rondo's question.

So why whine about how Obama won then? As Sent said we should come together. You don't see me saying "WELL THE DEVIL IS DEAD," or "WELL ANOTHER BLACK MAN FOR FOUR YEARS." The lesser of two evils won. Instead of being racist (like some states,) posting death threats (like some people,) we should work together to improve our country. No wonder the world looks down on us.

Millions have been on food stamps even before Obama took office, so what's your point? They were on aid and food stamps when Bush was in office. Unless 1)The government regulates things better, 2)Minorities change their ways of thinking, 3)Americans themselves change their way of thinking, this is going to be a constant problem.

Having food stamps doesn't make you worse or better than anyone. If you want to tell that single mom with two kids (who's bf/husband left her for another woman who was five years younger than her and already married,) that she needs to spend 500 USD a month on food in cash instead of food stamps because of ego issues AND pay rent/her kid's clothes/bills/etc. then go right ahead. In before: "She should of had birth control and thought about her future responsibility." So the man should had abandon his responsibility, not bugged her for a condom because raw feels better, and dodge child support, even after she took him to court, and never help/watch his kids any more because he want more "Free pootang?"

Implying that only minorities who abuse food stamps that are on food stamps is silly too.

I find this more funny: http://www.ibtimes.c...st-night-863698 Tons of people are on food stamps there.

TBH I haven't prospered since Bush's term due to personal issues. During Obama's term I have been trying to step my way back up, so I'm 50/50. He hasn't hindered or made anything better. My state in question sucks in general, due to medicare and other cuts, not directly because of Obama, but because of other government officials.

Also look at it like this: The Middle east have been fighting even before your fore fathers were born, over religion and other issues. If you understood their morals, religion, and pov, then you would understand why they are still fighting in the first place and why they don't get along with this country or any other country. They are humans who simply don't know any better.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 08 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#199 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Speaking of crazy world,
Boy Meets World.............again!!!
And Corey Matthews is now going to be a 7th grade teacher (the new Mr. Feeny)!
He's a looper. The circle will soon be complete.
http://tv.yahoo.com/...mr--feeny-.html
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#200 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 November 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Why can't more right wings be like you Sent?

So why whine about how Obama won then? As Sent said we should come together. You don't see me saying "WELL THE DEVIL IS DEAD," or "WELL ANOTHER BLACK MAN FOR FOUR YEARS." The lesser of two evils won. Instead of being racist (like some states,) posting death threats (like some people,) we should work together to improve our country. No wonder the world looks down on us.

Millions have been on food stamps even before Obama took office, so what's your point? They were on aid and food stamps when Bush was in office. Unless 1)The government regulates things better, 2)Minorities change their ways of thinking, 3)Americans themselves change their way of thinking, this is going to be a constant problem.

Having food stamps doesn't make you worse or better than anyone. If you want to tell that single mom with two kids (who's bf/husband left her for another woman who was five years younger than her and already married,) that she needs to spend 500 USD a month on food in cash instead of food stamps because of ego issues AND pay rent/her kid's clothes/bills/etc. then go right ahead. In before: "She should of had birth control and thought about her future responsibility." So the man should had abandon his responsibility, not bugged her for a condom because raw feels better, and dodge child support, even after she took him to court, and never help/watch his kids any more because he want more "Free pootang?"

Implying that only minorities who abuse food stamps that are on food stamps is silly too.

I find this more funny: http://www.ibtimes.c...st-night-863698 Tons of people are on food stamps there.

TBH I haven't prospered since Bush's term due to personal issues. During Obama's term I have been trying to step my way back up, so I'm 50/50. He hasn't hindered or made anything better. My state in question sucks in general, due to medicare and other cuts, not directly because of Obama, but because of other government officials.

Also look at it like this: The Middle east have been fighting even before your fore fathers were born, over religion and other issues. If you understood their morals, religion, and pov, then you would understand why they are still fighting in the first place and why they don't get along with this country or any other country. They are humans who simply don't know any better.

The country needs to work together but simply, it won't during this upcoming presidential cycle. As this election so eloquently pointed out, this country is deeply divided. This just simply won't change in the next four years unless Obama reaches way over into the other aisle and I don't see it happening. Congress is a stubborn lot, sewn to their chairs for years thanks to a relatively conflicted voting public. It won't take long after the embers of the election fade out and the posturing starts up anew. Politicians will squeeze some work in while trying to put their political agendas forward and position their party in the years to come.

Food Stamps are what they are and they are needed. My problem is that the administration wanted to get MORE people on food stamps. From the point of keeping people from starving, yes..clearly. However, the other message that they need to convey is to get more people off of them. The country NEEDS to get people off of food stamps and off of unemployment. Period.

As for my personal situation, I am doing about the same and I wasn't affected by the recession except for the value of my investments which has come back with the market mostly.

As for the middle east. Sure you can say they have been fighting among themselves for ages, however that fighting is not comparable to the current situation where it is mostly Middle East vs Isreal. This kind of fighting has much more worldwide implications that any previous escalation the region has seen. This isn't just the same old warmongering of the centuries past.

#201 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Its hard for people to actually work together when half of the country think they don't have to actually work to provide for themselves. Or think others should pay for things that goes agaisnt their relgious or moral beliefs.

A new boy meets world? :thumbdown:

#202 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 08 November 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Its hard for people to actually work together when half of the country think they don't have to actually work to provide for themselves. Or think others should pay for things that goes agaisnt their relgious or moral beliefs.

A new boy meets world? :thumbdown:

And the other half believe that this country should be divided into the "Get richer and the welfare?"

Come on. The problem is that people don't want to accept things period. I heard liberals complain about Mitt just as much as right wings complain about Obama. I heard people compare Obama to Hitler, Bin, etc. but forgot what Bush done. I heard people complain about how much Bush has done but forgotten the previous years in this country.

EDIT: Instead of this country being selfish, we should work to improve it. Pretty hard with the "me ism," attitudes.

I agree Rondo. The only problem is that you have people who claim "Well I'm going to lay off workers if Obama wins." Employment needs to change it's practices along with the police/justice system. If you go to jail for anything it's harder to get a job and it's almost impossible to clean your record (unless you have money, time, and patience.) If you don't have 2-4 years of college it's harder to get a job. If you don't speak a second language it's harder to get a job. If you are over a certain age it's harder to get a job.

If you know someone you can have a job quicker than someone who is qualified for it. If you are OVER qualified for it you won't get a job. If you don't kiss your boss' butt you won't keep your job.

If people stop being lazy AND employers change their attitudes then more people can work.

I have no idea what the government can do with this. Food stamps for more people seems to be a good solution on paper but it's a band aid.

Actually it has been globally bad in the middle east, but people have choose to ignore it until crap got real. It had relations with trades, etc. Funny, it's all over religion and other past issues.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 08 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#203 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

And the other half believe that this country should be divided into the "Get richer and the welfare?"

Come on. The problem is that people don't want to accept things period. I heard liberals complain about Mitt just as much as right wings complain about Obama. I heard people compare Obama to Hitler, Bin, etc. but forgot what Bush done. I heard people complain about how much Bush has done but forgotten the previous years in this country.

I agree Rondo. The only problem is that you have people who claim "Well I'm going to lay off workers if Obama wins." Employment needs to change it's practices along with the police/justice system. If you go to jail for anything it's harder to get a job and it's almost impossible to clean your record (unless you have money, time, and patience.) If you don't have 2-4 years of college it's harder to get a job. If you don't speak a second language it's harder to get a job. If you are over a certain age it's harder to get a job.

If you know someone you can have a job quicker than someone who is qualified for it. If you are OVER qualified for it you won't get a job. If you don't kiss your boss' butt you won't keep your job.

If people stop being lazy AND employers change their attitudes then more people can work.

I have no idea what the government can do with this. Food stamps for more people seems to be a good solution on paper but it's a band aid.

No, the other half wants people to actually be reposable and accountable for their own actions. Also I've never gone to college and I still find jobs much easier then most people so that statement is false.
The crazy part about college is how we have turned it from something you go to if you want to speicialze into something that absolutly demanded more schooling (doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc) to just making it a bigger form of high school. We pushed everyone to go to college so a college degree now is completly pointless. It doesn't mean your more qualified then other people because now everyone else has one too. And now your hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for nothing. :thumbdown:

#204 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Experience tells me that as of late, work experience has more weight than a college degree on its own.

The whole "lay off workers because of Obama" isn't so much to just be difficult because of a situation as much as it is businesses seeing a difficult road ahead if the policies enacted during the previous administration will still be there going forward. Some of those businesses felt that things could change their way if a different person won. Now that Obama is still there, the same issue they faced before becomes a more stark reality and some businesses will not be able to handle the changes healthcare reform and increased taxes will do to them. Some will layoff people to save money to keep the business afloat, some will sell their business to someone else, or they'll just close shop.

This post has been edited by rondo: 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

#205 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 08 November 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

No, the other half wants people to actually be reposable and accountable for their own actions. Also I've never gone to college and I still find jobs much easier then most people so that statement is false.
The crazy part about college is how we have turned it from something you go to if you want to speicialze into something that absolutly demanded more schooling (doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc) to just making it a bigger form of high school. We pushed everyone to go to college so a college degree now is completly pointless. It doesn't mean your more qualified then other people because now everyone else has one too. And now your hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for nothing. :thumbdown:

THAT'S YOU. I know a lot of people who don't have jobs, want to have jobs, and are having issues getting jobs because of one or all of the statements I mentioned. You are probably born under a lucky star; it happens. Also 1) Do you know someone in each of these jobs or all of these jobs before you got hired or did you get hired from "Rock lee hard work and dedication as well as thank you letters?" 2)Do you keep these 'jobs?' 3)Are you looking for something better, getting training for something better, or other wise going back to school for a better job than working at something like MCDs? 4)Is the job now paying good or are you complaining and wanting something better?

I didn't say ALL I said in general it's hard because of the formention reasons. And after a few times you want to give up. I'm not saying you SHOULD but that would explain why people stop looking for jobs, which is why I said that this nation should change its way of thinking, alone with employers.

The job I am working for, a convention company, is any example.

If you don't know someone it's hard to get it. You don't get direct deposit. They mostly do emails so you NEED a computer. If you don't kiss the bosses' butt and be open about days, you won't get work. You get fired if you 1)Steal stuff or take anything free at the convention 2) Curse out or get the attendants mad 3)Make the boss mad.

You don't need a college degree at my job BUT you will get more hours if you speak a second language or have tons of skills. Especially spanish, due to the fact that we get mostly Spanish, Japanese, French, and Chinese speakers. If I knew fluent Japanese I would get more hours myself.

My cousin gets 13-20 dollars per hour doing payroll at Blue cross and mind you she does have both experience as well as a college education under her belt. She only speaks english, she types slower than me (I type 100-150 words per minute, she barely types 50,) and she doesn't know how to use computers at all. So it depends on the job.

Jobs will tell you you are overqualified A LOT more than you think. If you have a 2 year degree and want to work for BK, they might tell you this. It depends on the job and how much education and experience you have.

http://news.yahoo.co...-002109469.html <-Oh so responsible. You want more on how people and the nation reacted? Check out the previous link http://www.ibtimes.c...st-night-863698 Is that a nation that's responsible and mature? No.

It's one half of the nation not butthurt and the other half whining and butthurt.

http://news.yahoo.co...-132344622.html People should be like her.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 08 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#206 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Watch the stock market. Down -300 yesterday. Still falling today. What's that mean? Business owners and stockholders--rich and middle-class, the drivers of our economy--are terrified of what Obama and the Democrats are going to do.

Now watch the politicians. Boehner of the House has said he wants to meet Obama in the middle. Reid is sort of shrugging and saying "Yeah, if the Republicans do what we want." Other Democrats are saying there is no fiscal cliff, and yet more are saying "Let's drive over it! That'll show those Republicans that we have to raise taxes!" (Admittedly, there are some Republicans being just as dumb, saying we should go over the cliff to "teach the blue states a lesson.")

Okay, why do we want to raise taxes? That's a stupid idea. You can raise taxes on the rich, which won't really work. You can raise taxes on the middle class, and kneecap the economy. We may have to raise taxes, but the Democrats should not be having an orgasm over doing so. Nobody likes taxes. We pay them because we have to. If the Democrats want to hand Congress to the Republicans in 2014, go ahead--raise taxes, and crow about how awesome and "patriotic" it is.

Go ahead--cut defense. Cut defense in a stupid fashion. Kill the aerospace industry. Kill the automotive industries that build tanks and other equipment. Kill the shipyards. And tell Iran, China and Russia that we're going to go back to the pre-9/11 "stick our head in the sand" mentality. If that happens, God help Israel, Europe, and Japan because no one else will.

Can we avoid all this? Yep. Cut defense sensibly. Are there any big-budget pet projects that the armed forces don't want? I bet there are. Are there more cost-effective ways to save money for defense? Heck yeah. Can we close some bases only kept open because Congresscritter X With 55 Electoral Votes deems them necessary? Oh yeah. The military exists to kill our enemies, break their stuff, and protect our stuff. Quit using them as social experiment guinea pigs, and you'll save some money right there.

Obama has a moment. Right now. If he reaches across the aisle and meets the Republicans halfway, he can turn this around or make things better. He'll be remembered as a good or even great President, rather than just the asterisk.

And that's what businesses are scared of--that Obama won't realize this.

One last thing: can we stop with the "Republicans are the party of the rich" BS? 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the US voted for Obama in overwhelming numbers.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"One word: Hollywood"

This post has been edited by sentinel28a: 08 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

BEAR CAV!

#207 User is offline   Kyuu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 08 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

One last thing: can we stop with the "Republicans are the party of the rich" BS? 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the US voted for Obama in overwhelming numbers.

In the richest, Massachusetts' Nantucket County, where average annual household income is over $137,000, Obama won by 63 percent to Romney's 36 percent with all precincts reporting.

http://finance.yahoo...-154837437.html

Under Rmoney's definition of middle class (annual salary $250,000+) -- these people are actually middle class; upper middle class, to be more precise. And y'know what's funny? Even many of these people do not belong in the top 1% income bracket. If these people voted on the basis that tax rates for the wealthy should not be lowered, but rather raised to more reasonable levels (like the Clinton era rates), then good for them. It's a sheer reality that government cannot work for the people, if it cannot maintain its revenue stream. I cannot speak for them; but I sure hope they made that presumption.

View Postsentinel28a, on 08 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Kill the automotive industries

Rmoney wanted to do just that. Remember? The auto industry was tanking; and Rmoney suggested to let the industry fall, by refusing to bail it out. For that suggestion, Ohio punished him.

This post has been edited by Kyuu: 08 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

#208 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostKyuu, on 08 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Rmoney wanted to do just that. Remember? The auto industry was tanking; and Rmoney suggested to let the industry fall, by refusing to bail it out. For that suggestion, Ohio punished him.

Ford never got a bailout. They refused to. Now they're doing a lot better than Chrysler.

The head of the UAW warned Obama before the election that defense cuts would throw millions of UAW workers out of work--those who work building vehicles for the armed forces. Since it came out the day before election day, it probably didn't get reported on much.

Obama bailed out the auto industry, yes. Given the lesson of Ohio, it may have worked. The thing is, no candidate can go around bailing out everyone who they need to vote for them. Worse part is, some candidates--including possibly Obama--think they can. The next big bubble is the student loan one. That one reaches into the billions. Sure, it'll help struggling students--heck, it would help me. But it would also add yet more money to the deficit.

Sooner or later the money has to run out.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"What can't continue, won't"

BEAR CAV!

#209 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Sooner or later the money has to run out.

The money has already ran out and we are crazy in debt. Basically, we just need cut off from our no limit credit card..but I know what you are getting at.

People in California voted to raise their taxes. Fine..but I am irked to have to pay for screwups/mismanagement of elected officials and those under them. They say each person has a share $200k+ towards the national debt. I say BS. I have done NOTHING to have to owe that kind of money.

This post has been edited by rondo: 09 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

#210 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

THAT'S YOU. I know a lot of people who don't have jobs, want to have jobs, and are having issues getting jobs because of one or all of the statements I mentioned. You are probably born under a lucky star; it happens. Also 1) Do you know someone in each of these jobs or all of these jobs before you got hired or did you get hired from "Rock lee hard work and dedication as well as thank you letters?" 2)Do you keep these 'jobs?' 3)Are you looking for something better, getting training for something better, or other wise going back to school for a better job than working at something like MCDs? 4)Is the job now paying good or are you complaining and wanting something better?

I didn't say ALL I said in general it's hard because of the formention reasons. And after a few times you want to give up. I'm not saying you SHOULD but that would explain why people stop looking for jobs, which is why I said that this nation should change its way of thinking, alone with employers.

The job I am working for, a convention company, is any example.

If you don't know someone it's hard to get it. You don't get direct deposit. They mostly do emails so you NEED a computer. If you don't kiss the bosses' butt and be open about days, you won't get work. You get fired if you 1)Steal stuff or take anything free at the convention 2) Curse out or get the attendants mad 3)Make the boss mad.

You don't need a college degree at my job BUT you will get more hours if you speak a second language or have tons of skills. Especially spanish, due to the fact that we get mostly Spanish, Japanese, French, and Chinese speakers. If I knew fluent Japanese I would get more hours myself.

My cousin gets 13-20 dollars per hour doing payroll at Blue cross and mind you she does have both experience as well as a college education under her belt. She only speaks english, she types slower than me (I type 100-150 words per minute, she barely types 50,) and she doesn't know how to use computers at all. So it depends on the job.

Jobs will tell you you are overqualified A LOT more than you think. If you have a 2 year degree and want to work for BK, they might tell you this. It depends on the job and how much education and experience you have.

http://news.yahoo.co...-002109469.html <-Oh so responsible. You want more on how people and the nation reacted? Check out the previous link http://www.ibtimes.c...st-night-863698 Is that a nation that's responsible and mature? No.

It's one half of the nation not butthurt and the other half whining and butthurt.

http://news.yahoo.co...-132344622.html People should be like her.

1. No I've never known anyone in any of the jobs I've worked at since I was 18. Always got there on my own and my own work experience. Yes, I've kept most of my jobs for at least a year or more. 3. I'm actually getting training to be assistant manager of my department right now. Hopefully working it up the ladder. 4. The job is paying me what the job is worth. The longer I stay there the more I will get. You will never step foot into a job (espically with no work experience) and expect to get a huge hr wage. Isn't gonna happen.

And yes, you should be fired for all those above reasons.
Jobs most of the time tell people they are "overqualified" because most of the time someone who has a college degree instantally thinks they should be paid more. Even in a place where it's just a plain old labor intensive job that doesn't need a degree, they will proabably pick the person who doesn't have one because they can start them out at a lower wage. And depending on the job you have to work around THIER sechdule. Not the other way around. If you go into retail and expect to have whatever day off you want during the christmas season you're out of your mind. They won't hire someone who is that picky over what days they wanna work. And if you "must have a computer" to check job emails there a little free place a libary that lets you use them for free. Easy solution there.

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users