Anime Central Forums: This Crazy World... - Anime Central Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Crazy World... Let's discuss what's going on..everywhere.

#151 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 23 October 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

As far as military goes. Both seem to be extreme on opposite ends. Dems like to slash the miltary to the point were it might be hard to defend ourselves if something were to happen. But Reps seem to want to increase it to the point of absurd amounts. We litterally have a legion of tanks sitting around collecting dust as we keep making more and more.

That's the problem; they don't want to work together to find a common term; it's one extreme over the other. I rather not spend millions on tanks but nothing goes to war vets.

So that's why I look at all the views and see what appeals to me.

@Rondo: in this world due to the demand of humans people do what they have to do to get by. Which shows that all humans are the cause of all other human's problems without caring or being aware of it. That's why some people drink energy drinks and energy shots. The young people.....I have no idea. Maybe its the yolo.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#152 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Dude, screw this 80 degree in the end days of October. I cannot wait to fight snowstorms, mountain roads, and waves of skiers next week.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#153 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 23 October 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

As far as military goes. Both seem to be extreme on opposite ends. Dems like to slash the miltary to the point were it might be hard to defend ourselves if something were to happen. But Reps seem to want to increase it to the point of absurd amounts. We litterally have a legion of tanks sitting around collecting dust as we keep making more and more.

I agree. There are cuts that can and probably should be made in the defense budget. There are redundant bases that can be closed. There's a ton of "feel good" projects that could easily be cancelled (does the military really need a diversity outreach program?). The decision should be made on what the military needs--more ships, newer planes, etc.--rather than what wins votes. Right now, my home state of Montana is facing the loss of a fighter wing that has defended the "northern tier" for 60 years, in favor of a transport wing Montana doesn't need or want. The reason why is because Dianne Feinstein wants the fighters in California--despite the fact that California already has fighters.

I think you're on the money, DS. Republicans can and sometimes do take the defense budget to extremes. Some Democrats have this tendency towards seeing it as either a piggy bank or as a social engineering experiment. Why not ask the military what it needs and go with that?

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"My energy drink is water"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#154 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

I think it'd be sweet to see a snow hurricane but I think Sandy will stay a bit off shore.

Other thoughts:
Looks like some big tax increases/adjustments coming in Jan 2013. Thread
If any goes to B&N noticed the pin pads missing, they had a pin pad breach and pulled them all. Thread
A man robbing a church's chicken with a samurai sword. Thread
Some moron suing the person he attempted to rob. Thread

#155 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

View Postrondo, on 25 October 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

I think it'd be sweet to see a snow hurricane but I think Sandy will stay a bit off shore.

Other thoughts:
Looks like some big tax increases/adjustments coming in Jan 2013. Thread
If any goes to B&N noticed the pin pads missing, they had a pin pad breach and pulled them all. Thread
A man robbing a church's chicken with a samurai sword. Thread
Some moron suing the person he attempted to rob. Thread

I rather not have snow. All you people that want snow do you drive or take public transportation or work at all? You know how much hell it is to go to work in a snowstorm? It's not like how it was in the school days; the really bad snowstorm in Chicago a few years back that was near 10 inches? Had to work in that.

That makes me not want to use credit cards but due to society trying to omit real cash it's getting hard, since buying stuff in stores is becoming a pain in the butt lately. Well for me.

And I laughed at the Church's chicken.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#156 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

We barely get any snow down here during winter. It snows maybe once or twice. The snow is on the street for a day or two, then it is gone.

Through there was this weird storm a couple of years ago that dropped not snow, but solid ice.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#157 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 25 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

All you people that want snow do you drive or take public transportation or work at all?

Yes.

#158 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 23 October 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Because it was snarky, condescending, and insulting. Which is politics, true...but IMHO Obama didn't look presidential. Several pundits--both liberal and conservative--have said that Obama looked like he was the one running for office, not Romney. That's not a smart move for someone who's falling behind in the polls. It might fire up the liberals, but those aren't Obama's target audience. Liberals are going to vote for Obama no matter what (just as conservatives are going to vote for Romney). Independents will decide the election, and they might see that comment as being schoolyard bullying. Nobody likes a bully.

The other problem is, it shows Obama not understanding the military either. We actually use horses a lot in Afghanistan, and bayonets have been used in combat frequently--I don't know about Afghanistan currently, but I do know they were used in Fallujah in 2004. The comments on the Navy also betray a general lack of knowledge. Yes, we have carriers and submarines, but cruisers and destroyers, along with support vessels, ensure that the carriers can survive on a modern battlefield. Right now, with the sequestration cuts, the Navy is scheduled to retire four Aegis-class cruisers capable of shooting down ballistic missiles...which seems like a really dumb idea when we might need those to knock down Iranian or North Korean (or, God help us, Chinese) ballistic missiles.

The Navy is going to feel those cuts, and Obama's condescending attitude towards the Navy--asserting that we don't need a very big Navy, which is patently untrue--may hurt him. Obama needs Virginia in his win column, and there were a lot of Navy personnel and shipyard workers who heard Obama's comments last night. Those people live in Norfolk, VA.

So yes, it was a burn. If Obama was debating Romney on Facebook, it would be worthy of a like. But he just made a horse's rear of himself on national TV scoring a point that can now be used against him (just think of the Romney ads painting Obama as not knowing what the hell he's talking about militarily), and that burn could cost him. It could cost him the election. Biden made no friends acting like the drunk uncle last week. We'll see.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That said, remember I am biased"

I just want to mention I read it, but I'm not trying to make this thread another politic debate thread. We need less of those. lol

Anywho, so what do people feel about the black woman setting herself on fire and claiming 3 KKK members did it?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#159 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I just want to mention I read it, but I'm not trying to make this thread another politic debate thread. We need less of those. lol

Anywho, so what do people feel about the black woman setting herself on fire and claiming 3 KKK members did it?

Not surprised at all.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#160 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

At least we've only got 10 days to gripe about the election (and four years to gripe about who gets elected!).

I don't understand why someone would purposely set themselves on fire.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That sounds painful"

BEAR CAV!

#161 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

10 days is too long!!!

I seriously want to find whoever invented robocalls and strew their floor with Legos... XP

#162 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 25 October 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

At least we've only got 10 days to gripe about the election (and four years to gripe about who gets elected!).

I don't understand why someone would purposely set themselves on fire.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That sounds painful"

1)Wanted money/notice

2)Insane

3)Racist

Choose one.

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Yes.

Didn't answer the other two questions. Trust me if you have to work 5am and there is a bizzard you wouldn't want to stand around waiting for a bus to get to your job two hours away. So I wouldn't wish snow even if I was being sarcastic. Bad voodoo. I'm paranoid I know.

Although most people who seem to like extreme snow have a car. Or are kind of off.

-Never wants a white Xmas-

I consider myself scrooge.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#163 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Alright, I'll play your game.

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 25 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

You know how much hell it is to go to work in a snowstorm?

Depends how bad we're talking. Aspen/Snowmass stays on top of it because that drives business, but there have been few instances I dreaded working after massive snow. Probably once or twice.

Your views change when you are actually dependent on "bad" weather.

the really bad snowstorm in Chicago a few years back that was near 10 inches?

This is not a question? I had to stay overnight in a room at my hotel for that. Was pretty nice, but I think I was overly tired or sick that day, so I was relieved at noon the next day and roads were clear. Overall an enjoyable experience. Free movie passes.

#164 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

I could live with snow..if it happens on a weekend. 20-25 minute commutes home turning into 2-3 hours commutes home is not my cup of tea.

Here come Hurricane Sandy...er, Frankenstorm. I still think it'll push out to sea with a brush up against the cost near NC.

#165 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postrondo, on 26 October 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

I could live with snow..if it happens on a weekend. 20-25 minute commutes home turning into 2-3 hours commutes home is not my cup of tea.

Here come Hurricane Sandy...er, Frankenstorm. I still think it'll push out to sea with a brush up against the cost near NC.

^ That was pretty much my point to Kirby. Even snowplowers have it hard, considering that they have to go through and clear back alleys, or the city doesn't even bother. I seen plowers get stuck in snow. That's not fun when you have to leave your truck someplace and you don't get overtime.

I remember when there was 10-20 inches and most of my apartment was back alleys and cars were just stuck. Everything was closed. Bad case would be that someone would become gravely ill and have to go to the hospital; couldn't happen because of the snow as well as a lack of bus service, cars were literally gone in snow.

But that was here. I don't know if other states had to deal with ghost towns.

On another note:

http://www.ibtimes.c...lice-car-857671

http://www.huffingto..._n_2051110.html

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 01 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#166 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

5 days...these ads are getting more and more crazy. On both sides.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#167 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 01 November 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

5 days...these ads are getting more and more crazy. On both sides.

Montana broke a national record. Apparently the only commercials we have are political ones. And they suck. C'mon guys, you're spending millions! Couldn't you get some decent CGI or something?

No attempt to secure the geek vote either. We need anime characters stumping for candidates.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Celebrities do it"

BEAR CAV!

#168 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Or something like manley characters do.
http://thepunchlinei...m/archives/1278

#169 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

I just wish they'd stop calling. I got a call at 6AM the other day (yes, that's illegal, but good luck reporting it because they've all got fake phone numbers. : /)

I have to wonder, do these campaign calls actually do anyone any good? They're certainly not making me like anybody any better.

#170 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostAgatha, on 01 November 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

I just wish they'd stop calling. I got a call at 6AM the other day (yes, that's illegal, but good luck reporting it because they've all got fake phone numbers. : /)

I have to wonder, do these campaign calls actually do anyone any good? They're certainly not making me like anybody any better.

Still report it, fake or not, and tell them to put you on the don't call list. Proper prevention helps against people who think that someone not doing anything is a weakness or a sign to keep doing it.

Some ignorant people do believe these ads so they reach out to those kinds of people.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#171 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Here in Ohio, the amount of Obama ads versus Romney ads is 5 to 1. Someone is getting paid good money for all these ads.

#172 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

View Postrondo, on 02 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Here in Ohio, the amount of Obama ads versus Romney ads is 5 to 1. Someone is getting paid good money for all these ads.

Sure not the people running. Maybe the stations that host them?

I always wonder "who," gets paid to do and run these ads?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#173 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

You know what would get them more votes? If they actually spent all that money on relief efforts or charity and the like. Then juat have one had of them saying, "Hello, This will be the only ad you see of me. Why? I just took the millions of dollars for tv ads that don't actually help the economy and put it into ________. Because I care. /end.

#174 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 02 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

You know what would get them more votes? If they actually spent all that money on relief efforts or charity and the like. Then juat have one had of them saying, "Hello, This will be the only ad you see of me. Why? I just took the millions of dollars for tv ads that don't actually help the economy and put it into ________. Because I care. /end.

That would be pretty good. Romney did donate some of his funds and campaign vehicles to Sandy relief. (Obama didn't because, well, he's the President. FEMA handles that for him.)

The thing is, the candidates themselves only buy about 1/3 of the ads. PACs and other interest groups, or the parties, buy the rest. Out here, I'd say Planned Parenthood runs at least half the ads for Senator Tester.

There is one woman running for state attorney general in Montana who ran only an op-ed in the paper. She stated she didn't accept money from either party, because she believes the AG of a state should be nonpartisan and not influenced by party ties. That gained her my vote.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Almost as good as Fujoshi's Miku avatar"

BEAR CAV!

#175 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Heh. This is kinda interesting:

What Your Favorite TV Show Says About Your Politics

So, if you're on the left side of the political spectrum, you probably like American Dad, Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, and Jersey Shore (!). If you're on the right, you like NCIS, Deadliest Catch, and Ghost Hunters (?!).

That's kind of true. I'm pretty much on the right, and NCIS and Deadliest Catch are my two favorite shows. But here's the weird part: liberals love Game of Thrones and Walking Dead--two other of my top 5 shows. (Top Gear rounds out my top 5 list.)

Hmm. I'm confused now...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Is Tyrion Lannister a conservative?"

BEAR CAV!

#176 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 03 November 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Heh. This is kinda interesting:

What Your Favorite TV Show Says About Your Politics

So, if you're on the left side of the political spectrum, you probably like American Dad, Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, and Jersey Shore (!). If you're on the right, you like NCIS, Deadliest Catch, and Ghost Hunters (?!).

That's kind of true. I'm pretty much on the right, and NCIS and Deadliest Catch are my two favorite shows. But here's the weird part: liberals love Game of Thrones and Walking Dead--two other of my top 5 shows. (Top Gear rounds out my top 5 list.)

Hmm. I'm confused now...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Is Tyrion Lannister a conservative?"

Wut. Shouldn't it be the reverse? My mom loves NSCIS, Deadliest catch, numbers, etc. and she's left side all the way.

Long story about this avatar: I was looking for Miku ramen pictures (due to an interesting picture I found from jlist,) and I found this user on pixiv. I was curious since the icon they had was cool.

Let's say I seen things I shouldn't had. Thank goodness I'm used to weird stuff.

Just don't ask how bad it was; it was bad but not in the sense you might be thinking, like guro. Just "Wut."
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#177 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 November 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Let's say I seen things I shouldn't had. Thank goodness I'm used to weird stuff.

Just don't ask how bad it was; it was bad but not in the sense you might be thinking, like guro. Just "Wut."

Miku's my background right now. I too encountered many "wut" pictures.

I didn't know she was that flexible...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"One word: handlebars"

BEAR CAV!

#178 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 03 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Miku's my background right now. I too encountered many "wut" pictures.

I didn't know she was that flexible...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"One word: handlebars"

This was on the point of, "Rakshasa and carcasses," with animals. Too much beastality. And birth. OH JAPAN.

OH JAPAN Y U SO WEIRD.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1916188.html

I actually have a loli Mikoto on my background.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#179 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 November 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I used to be attracted to Japanese girls.

Spoiler

#180 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 03 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

I used to be attracted to Japanese girls.

Spoiler

Then you took an arrow to the head.

Or maybe the girls did.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Why do I want to look like a swamp demon?"

BEAR CAV!

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users