Anime Central Forums: This Crazy World... - Anime Central Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Crazy World... Let's discuss what's going on..everywhere.

#121 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

So, in a place for real craziness (the middle east) I really hope this turns out to be a good ending and I hope this girl pulls through.
http://www.cbsnews.c...FDArea;fdmodule
It's people like that, that can really change the middle east. Not outside forces. And maybe someday people like her will actually change how I feel about that whole area.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#122 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hopefully she does make it. I'm glad to see so many people in her home country support her and denounce the Taliban openly.

#123 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

So, in a place for real craziness (the middle east) I really hope this turns out to be a good ending and I hope this girl pulls through.
http://www.cbsnews.c...FDArea;fdmodule
It's people like that, that can really change the middle east. Not outside forces. And maybe someday people like her will actually change how I feel about that whole area.

Hope she does make it too; I felt bad when I read that.

Here is something brighter:

http://abcnews.go.co...in-hot-cheetos/
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#124 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 October 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hope she does make it too; I felt bad when I read that.

Here is something brighter:

http://abcnews.go.co...in-hot-cheetos/

oh god. I could only watch about half of that. Part of me gets that a school doesn't want to feed things that arn't good for kids. That's ok. But then again schools have much bigger things to worry about then what kids are putting in their mouths. It just looks like another attack on "unhealthly foods" and more baords and people in suits trying to tell us what to eat. I don't even like flaming hot cheetos and I'd defend the food over this nonsense.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#125 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 16 October 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

oh god. I could only watch about half of that. Part of me gets that a school doesn't want to feed things that arn't good for kids. That's ok. But then again schools have much bigger things to worry about then what kids are putting in their mouths. It just looks like another attack on "unhealthly foods" and more baords and people in suits trying to tell us what to eat. I don't even like flaming hot cheetos and I'd defend the food over this nonsense.

Damn that wasn't the one with the catchy rap tune was it?

flamin everyday

There.

I thought it was funny; we have been eating those things since.....over 26+ years. I never liked them because it would make my butt red and just now they are getting under fire. Not the fact that it's made with yellow five but because people noticed that kids eat them so much that they skip lunch. (What about the 25-50 cent juice that's sugar and water?)

Also funny because they need luck trying to implant that; kids used to go to the corner store before and after school to buy the 25 (back then, it's a dollar now,) bags to the point that stores would ban school kids between the hours of 7am-11am.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#126 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

2nd debate down, 1 more to go. Debating taking the day after election day off just to watch the nuttiness.

#127 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postrondo, on 17 October 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

2nd debate down, 1 more to go. Debating taking the day after election day off just to watch the nuttiness.

I'm still voting who I want to vote regardless of the debate; the only thing that would sway me is if one side offers FREE everything in health care (medication, etc.) to EVERYONE without any co pay at all for EVERYTHING in EVERY SINGLE STATE guarantee, (signed in blood,) and that's not happening.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 17 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#128 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 October 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'm still voting who I want to vote regardless of the debate; the only thing that would sway me is if one side offers FREE everything in health care (medication, etc.) to EVERYONE without any co pay at all for EVERYTHING in EVERY SINGLE STATE guarantee, (signed in blood,) and that's not happening.

No free lunch. Even if it was free upfront, taxes (yours and mine) would still be paying it.

#129 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Postrondo, on 17 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

No free lunch. Even if it was free upfront, taxes (yours and mine) would still be paying it.

There is no such thing as 'free.' Even the money or the stuff you got for "free," someone had to pay for it in time, money, blood, sweat, or tears.

I wish there was such a thing as "equal exchange."
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#130 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 October 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

I wish there was such a thing as "equal exchange."

That didn't work out too well for the Elric Brothers...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"It really did cost an arm and a leg"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#131 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

In good news Zynga's total shares (of their ENTIRE company) came back. And....It's horriable! :happydance: LOL. It turns out they are actually losing more money then they take in (like our goverment no?) I feel like throwing a freaking party just hearing this news. :balloons: I mean gosh, [i][who would have thought making a product that doesn't charge anything wouldn't do well when you put it on the stock market?/i] Ya, know the place where things actually has to HAVE value.

#132 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Not gonna feel bad for Zynga at all.

#133 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 17 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

That didn't work out too well for the Elric Brothers...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"It really did cost an arm and a leg"

Didn't work for this guy either:

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

More reasons to be a selfish bastard in the world.

EDIT: Greed had it right from FMA.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 18 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#134 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

also about zaynga they also steal style and looks from other games, EA was sueing them, now that a screwed up day where we want EA to win a lawsute.

also about youma, i agree with fugi about a few things, i really want to go, but it in detriot, hell it worse for me since i am a white kid in northside, ibeen down to the southside but ya it scary. but i really honestly do want to go.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 20 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#135 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

The last debate tonight. Getting closer and closer to getting this over with.

But they are having a debate on the same night as NFL Monday Night Football and NLCS Game 7.

#136 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postrondo, on 22 October 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

The last debate tonight. Getting closer and closer to getting this over with.

But they are having a debate on the same night as NFL Monday Night Football and NLCS Game 7.

They should each have a little streamline under at the bottom of the screen while they debate, "Talking, talking talking," *Lions score touchdown!* "talk talk talk".

#137 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 22 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

They should each have a little streamline under at the bottom of the screen while they debate, "Talking, talking talking," *Lions score touchdown!* "talk talk talk".

It would be funny if the moderator occasionally interrupted with a score:

Moderator: "I don't mean to interrupt this question on Libya, but the Lions just picked off Jay Cutler for a pick six."

Obama: "Dammit, I started Cutler tonight in my fantasy team!"

Romney: "It's all right, Mr. President. I had MJD yesterday."

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"The Lions better win"

BEAR CAV!

#138 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Talking debate...Sorry Romney fans, but Obama gave him a nasty burn with his "You don't know how a military works"

Where is Kelso when you need him. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#139 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 October 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Talking debate...Sorry Romney fans, but Obama gave him a nasty burn with his "You don't know how a military works"

Where is Kelso when you need him. lol

Posted Image

Also this:

http://www.voxxi.com...r-energy-drink/

Are people idiots? It's an energy drink, it says ON THE BOTTLE THAT IT RAISES YOUR HEART RATE. I know adults who almost died from drinking Monster/energy shot/etc. and my ex bf was knocked the heck out from drinking half of one, so why drink the whole thing? I used to be just as stupid too and worked 5am shifts and thought that "well I need to stay up so I better drink this." It's a stimulate; a borderline drug. This was almost 6 years ago; why are people still doing stupid stuff like this now? People died from drinking Monster before so why are people sueing now for something that's not the company's fault in the first place?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#140 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 October 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

That's cool. Neither does Obama.

He made a snide remark about how technology has improved so that we don't need a huge navy any longer--despite the fact that the US Navy itself has said, repeatedly, that it cannot do its mission with less than 300 ships (it currently has 285, and stands to lose more). Now while I understand the need for defense cuts, Obama basically just told the Navy that he knows how they work better than they do. That's a stupid thing for a President to say, not to mention dangerous.

He was also off the mark with his "bayonets and horses" remark. We still use both: horses (and mules) are used in Afghanistan where vehicles can't go, and bayonet training is still part of US Army basic training.

As far as Monster goes, does it dangerously raise heart rates? I've never had the stuff...Pepsi tends to make mine go pretty fast, with the sugar and caffeine.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Monster is an ingredient of a kryptonite drink"

BEAR CAV!

#141 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 23 October 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

As far as Monster goes, does it dangerously raise heart rates? I've never had the stuff...Pepsi tends to make mine go pretty fast, with the sugar and caffeine.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

Yes; one of my co-workers almost died by doing something just as stupid as this fourteen year old and people have died in the past by drinking two or more energy shots/energy drinks in less than 24 hours. Some of the drinks go between 40-300mg of caffeine per drink, not counting the sugar content. This isn't new either; this has been happening since 2004 or earlier with other energy drinks. It's like people were under a rock until something happens. Most of the people who drink energy drinks are kids, really young teenagers, as well as 20 year olds who mix them with alcohol, which is just as bad. You can't get these things with food stamps either due to the latter statement.

During 2005-2006 when I was drinking Mountain dew amp I knew those things were bad and forced myself to stop drinking them. At the time I drank them because I hated coffee and I needed something stronger than pepsi to keep me from falling asleep at work/job corp, which would get me fired. Red bull wasn't cutting it and I could had died then from experimenting with all of them but Monster because I read the damn labels. I'm grateful now.

Why would a fourteen year old need one, not two, of these in less than twenty four hours AND her parents didn't know? Makes me feel that this generation is the worse one because sure people were stupid back and there was racism, then but not THIS kind of stupid.

http://www.newsforsh...ldren/36710471/

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 23 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#142 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, it's nothing to fool with. Two weeks ago, I had two cups of coffee, two cans of Pepsi, and three glasses of Pepsi--and my heart rate shot up to 120 bpm. Scared the hell out of me, and took six hours to come down from.

Caffeine isn't bad for you necessarily, but it's best in moderation.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Much like politics"

BEAR CAV!

#143 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 23 October 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

That's cool. Neither does Obama.

He made a snide remark about how technology has improved so that we don't need a huge navy any longer--despite the fact that the US Navy itself has said, repeatedly, that it cannot do its mission with less than 300 ships (it currently has 285, and stands to lose more). Now while I understand the need for defense cuts, Obama basically just told the Navy that he knows how they work better than they do. That's a stupid thing for a President to say, not to mention dangerous.

He was also off the mark with his "bayonets and horses" remark. We still use both: horses (and mules) are used in Afghanistan where vehicles can't go, and bayonet training is still part of US Army basic training.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

Im not debating the facts (since both, in some form, most likely are wrong at parts )...I was saying it was a colossal burn. Lol

Btw Sent, Obama said we have less from that time period, not that we don't use them. Which is true. Can't say ive seen a war being fought that Americans were using those. (outside of training. )

Edit. Why are conservatives taking that statement out of context ? The butthurt is strong.

Obama said "we use FEWER horses and bayonets" yet somehow it got warped to none.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 23 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#144 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

How do people keep dying from these things? I can chug cans of them all day and they don't do anything do me. They don't even keep me awake. In other news. Why or how the heck is Iron Patriot in the Iron Man 3 trailer? Norman Osbone is still part of spiderman which is owned by fox. A crack in the marvel movie universe I see.

#145 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 23 October 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

How do people keep dying from these things? I can chug cans of them all day and they don't do anything do me. They don't even keep me awake. In other news. Why or how the heck is Iron Patriot in the Iron Man 3 trailer? Norman Osbone is still part of spiderman which is owned by fox. A crack in the marvel movie universe I see.

Don't think it works like that. They only have spiderman. Osborn isnt just a spidey villian. And I dont think they have the rights beyond Spider-Man
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#146 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Monster's my energy drink of choice, so I can't speak to other brands, but there's freaking WARNING LABEL on the side of the can for goodness' sakes - it says that it shouldn't be drunk at all by children or pregnant women, and that people should not exceed 2 cans (I think it's 1 can, on those giant ones with the resealable tops) in a 24-hour period. It's very unfortunate that the 14-year-old girl died, but that's the fault of her parents or herself, not Monster - she shouldn't have been drinking them in the first place.

I don't think energy drinks are bad - I drink them usually once a week, when my friends and I do late-night gaming. They allow me to stay up and socialize instead of going to bed at 9PM like the grouchy old lady I am. They do need to be drunk responsibly, though.

#147 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 23 October 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

How do people keep dying from these things? I can chug cans of them all day and they don't do anything do me. They don't even keep me awake.

Depends on the body type, just like drugs. What might make someone high won't make the other person high, etc.

EXAMPLE: Your friend gets drunk from one beer but it takes 3-5 for you to get tipsy.

View Postsentinel28a, on 23 October 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Yeah, it's nothing to fool with. Two weeks ago, I had two cups of coffee, two cans of Pepsi, and three glasses of Pepsi--and my heart rate shot up to 120 bpm. Scared the hell out of me, and took six hours to come down from.

Caffeine isn't bad for you necessarily, but it's best in moderation.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Much like politics"

That's what piss me off; back in the day people drank coffee and you didn't hear them dieing from that. So why are people, especially young people, are doing stupid stuff like this? Don't parents teach them to read labels and pay attention?

I never, never drank two or more red bulls in less than 24 hours and never with alcohol.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#148 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 23 October 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Im not debating the facts (since both, in some form, most likely are wrong at parts )...I was saying it was a colossal burn. Lol

Btw Sent, Obama said we have less from that time period, not that we don't use them. Which is true. Can't say ive seen a war being fought that Americans were using those. (outside of training. )

Edit. Why are conservatives taking that statement out of context ? The butthurt is strong.

Obama said "we use FEWER horses and bayonets" yet somehow it got warped to none.

Because it was snarky, condescending, and insulting. Which is politics, true...but IMHO Obama didn't look presidential. Several pundits--both liberal and conservative--have said that Obama looked like he was the one running for office, not Romney. That's not a smart move for someone who's falling behind in the polls. It might fire up the liberals, but those aren't Obama's target audience. Liberals are going to vote for Obama no matter what (just as conservatives are going to vote for Romney). Independents will decide the election, and they might see that comment as being schoolyard bullying. Nobody likes a bully.

The other problem is, it shows Obama not understanding the military either. We actually use horses a lot in Afghanistan, and bayonets have been used in combat frequently--I don't know about Afghanistan currently, but I do know they were used in Fallujah in 2004. The comments on the Navy also betray a general lack of knowledge. Yes, we have carriers and submarines, but cruisers and destroyers, along with support vessels, ensure that the carriers can survive on a modern battlefield. Right now, with the sequestration cuts, the Navy is scheduled to retire four Aegis-class cruisers capable of shooting down ballistic missiles...which seems like a really dumb idea when we might need those to knock down Iranian or North Korean (or, God help us, Chinese) ballistic missiles.

The Navy is going to feel those cuts, and Obama's condescending attitude towards the Navy--asserting that we don't need a very big Navy, which is patently untrue--may hurt him. Obama needs Virginia in his win column, and there were a lot of Navy personnel and shipyard workers who heard Obama's comments last night. Those people live in Norfolk, VA.

So yes, it was a burn. If Obama was debating Romney on Facebook, it would be worthy of a like. But he just made a horse's rear of himself on national TV scoring a point that can now be used against him (just think of the Romney ads painting Obama as not knowing what the hell he's talking about militarily), and that burn could cost him. It could cost him the election. Biden made no friends acting like the drunk uncle last week. We'll see.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That said, remember I am biased"

BEAR CAV!

#149 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

As far as military goes. Both seem to be extreme on opposite ends. Dems like to slash the miltary to the point were it might be hard to defend ourselves if something were to happen. But Reps seem to want to increase it to the point of absurd amounts. We litterally have a legion of tanks sitting around collecting dust as we keep making more and more.

#150 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Energy drinks, bleh. Don't need them.

• 13 Pages +
  • « First