Anime Central Forums: Akira Yamaoka and The Silent Hill Band - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Akira Yamaoka and The Silent Hill Band

#1 User is offline   stinababe 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3355

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Akira Yamaoka, the video game composer of the series Silent Hill, had his first concert in America in Arizona last week and it was a huge success. The newly formed band is comprised of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (original vocals for the main themes of the games), Troy Baker (bass guitar- also an American voice actor), Joe Romersa (drums), and Akira Yamaoka (guitar). The music ranges from hard rock, to light lullabies, to eerie ballads. They also hosted a Q and A panel after the concerts.

I am a huge fan of Silent Hill and its music and I feel like this show would be a big hit at ACen this year. I've noticed a lot of people love to cosplay from this series, especially the nurses and pyramid head. This series definitely has a fanbase that goes to ACen that I bet would be interested in going. Also, the second movie is coming out this October, so even a larger demographic will probably be interested, and it would be a great way to celebrate its release (whether its good or bad XD).

Please try to bring this awesome band to ACen! It'll also bring Troy Baker as well, a very famous voice actor that tons of fans would like to meet too!
_~*!Stina!*~_
~ACen 13~
-Fri- Amano Esper Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
-Sat- Elysium (Soul Calibur V)

Innocently Rebellious <3

#2 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

YES. PLEASE DO THIS ACen, please.

Especially with the release of the new movie, a Silent Hill concert would be massive. The game series is going through a bit of a dry spell, but a Silent Hill concert would provide a re-energizing feeling to fans. Not to mention, you'll always see Silent Hill cosplay at ACen :)
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#3 User is offline   stinababe 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3355

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Also, here's my source
Akira Yamaoka and the Silent Hill Band
_~*!Stina!*~_
~ACen 13~
-Fri- Amano Esper Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
-Sat- Elysium (Soul Calibur V)

Innocently Rebellious <3

#4 User is offline   Mariah 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61293

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Omg that would be amazing.

#5 User is offline   woozle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61629

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

OMG Yes! This! A Million times this! I Would LOVE to see them at ACen! If I had to, I would even pay extra at ACen to see them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users